Reviews of Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District 3 stars

345 Meeting Street, Historic District, Charleston, SC 29403, USA

#46 of 89 hotels in Charleston

Our stay was great because we were close to everything.

I did not realize that you had to ask for a microwave and fridge in your room.

Location was great. Bus stop across the street from the hotel. Breakfast had a variety. Bed comfy. Room very comfortable.

Very large rooms, convenient to CofC, and King Street

I didn’t like that parking cost $20.00 per day. I somehow missed seeing that when I booked the property. Fortunately, we were in a parking garage.

Our bedroom and bathroom were larger than any other Hampton Inn we’ve stayed in.

A satisfactory stay, but take care of the basics first.

Upon arrival, we had to call maintenance to adjust the air conditioner. Throughout our two-night stay, it never worked correctly. The wi-fi was difficult to connect to, and worked only spottily once connected. The signal was just too weak - only three bars. The 'free' breakfast was mediocre at best. The room was inordinately small (I realize you can't fix this, but it was surprising.) The TV remote had no guide to help with channel selection. The vending/ice machine on our floor - 3 - was out of order the whole time. While we were waiting for friends, and Uber, to pick us up, there was no place to sit outside the entrance portico, This meant we had to continually jump up from inside to see when they arrived. This could, and should, be easily fixed with the placement of a few covered benches outside. Easy, and a no-brainer.

The staff were helpful and friendly. Free newspapers available. Excellent location.

My stay wasn't the best for the money and probably will not stay again.

I spent a lot of money between the room and parking for 5 days. After being in a car for 7/8 hours, I just wanted to rest. However, that wasn't in the plans, the bed felt like your head was lower than your feet. My husband and me rolled to the middle of the bed because of the mattress being so worn and the pillows were awful. The room/bathroom had a faint smell of urine. Once in the hall the smell became stronger. Elevators ran slow and the doors closed slowly. After two days of no maid service, we asked the front desk if they could send someone to clean it. It wasn't until the next day before the maid came in to clean. The maid did apologized for not cleaning the room. The front desk people were very accommodating and apologized for the bed and pillows being awful, so, they changed out the mattress and gave me extra points frequent points that I haven't seen on my account.

The coffee was outstanding. The swimming pool was crystal clear and clean towels was provided. Fresh fruit every morning however the same fruit every time. They used dried eggs instead of real eggs and you could tell the hot food was all microwaved.

Friendly staff, clean room and good breakfast. There was one staff member Henry, that greeted everyone in the breakfast room each day! Henry spread his positive vibe to everyone and made sure to give every child a small stuffed bear complements of Hampton Inn. Location was enough that we walked most everywhere from the hotel or caught the free bus at the visitors center next door.

Great place! Would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked some gluten free breakfast choices.

The location was excellent and you could walk everywhere. The hotel was clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. Would definitely stay again!

Pleasant stay in Historic Charleston

No safe. No refrigerator. Room was tired and needed a bit of upkeep. Had to get maintenance to come up twice to fix ac dripping water on carpet.. First room we were given had ac noise so loud you wouldn't have been able to sleep. But.... they were prompt and made things right.

Every staff member was friendly and super helpful. They all bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast was very good. Nice computer room. Good access to internet. Very close to everything in Historic District. We would go back to this hotel again.

Overall the hotel was upscale and charming.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Accessible Tub/Non-Smoking

The jarred fruit at breakfast...awful. Had to request reserved micro/refrigerator. No sheets or pillows for 3rd adult in room. Mold in shower.

Overall the hotel was upscale and charming. The breakfast served was very nice especially the coffee and meat selection.

Very disappointing poor value for my money

The air conditioning is old and run down in need of serious update, the one gentleman tried hard to find us a room that had cool air, we went into 3 rooms and all of them were Slightly cooler then the original room we were in and that one was hot, this unacceptable I would never stay there again

Better bring your allergy meds

This property is ready for a remodel. The room we were in was very damp and smelled like mildew. The ceiling was actually coming loose in the corner. We felt like we were in a wet room. Everything felt damp from the carpet to the air in general and just smelled bad. I thought for the price and the name we would get better than we got. Very disappointed. Next time I will put out the extra bucks and stay in a place that I know won’t be making me regret the trip.

The location was very good

Great, clean and friendly staff make this hotel a fantastic place to stay.

I found nothing wrong with the hotel at all. The only thing that would have made the trip better would have been a less expensive price, but since it is in a prime location, I do understand the price. At $50 less a night, the Hotel would be a steal!

The room was a double Queen bed and very large. It was very well kempt, no offensive odors, very clean, and a nice selection of pillows and towels. I went to a concert right beside the hotel, so I couldn't have asked for a better location. The breakfast was very nice with waffles you make, sausage, bacon, roasted potatoes, muffins, bagels. Also some cereals and oatmeal. The breakfast room was very nice, clean and never crowded. I would highly recommend this hotel for those staying in the King St area! Tons of great places to eat from homemade ice cream to upscale dining and all inbetween.

Hotel was comfortable. But don't use the taxi service.

Hotel needs to be updated. I had an issue with the taxi service that the hotel used for me. He shut off his meter half way through my trip then told me a fee that I thought was WAY over charged. I ended up paying it. But it put a sour note on my visit there. I would never use that service again.

Location was great. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly.

We had some concerns but the hotel worked to address them.

The AC throughout the hotel did not seem to work very well.

The continental breakfast was very substantial. I appreciated it was more than just pastries and yogurt! You could get a very filling breakfast (waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bagels, etc). The bed was very comfortable and water pressure in the shower was great. The staff was extremely helpful as much as they could be. We had concerns and the general manager reached out to us, which I don't think you'd find at other hotels.

Mold, refrigerator didn’t work, parking is extra, breakfast...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Mold, refrigerator didn’t work, parking is extra, breakfast taken up right at 10:00, problem getting room cleaned. Unusual to request full payment when check in

Really comfortable bed, shower is awesome, location is great...

Really comfortable bed, shower is awesome, location is great and parking garage 20 a day. Parked car and never used it the whole weekend. Older building but kept well, clean and updated. Would definitely stay again. Adding to some of our favorite places to stay. Catch the free trolley bus with a/c across the street.

Very enjoyable, would love to go back.

Well, we would have loved to have brought our dog with us, but I can understand not everyone enjoys other peoples animals.

The staff was very helpful with our stay. Without knowing enough about the rooms, I made a stupid request which they honored. On finding out my mistake I asked to change rooms and was given a very nice upgrade for my ignorance. The staff was very knowledgeable about Charleston. Thanks for having us, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn in the Historic District.

Comfortable, basic, and an unbeatable location.

Pretty basic rooms; nothing really remarkable.

You really can't beat the location; it is within a stone's throw of what's happening in Charleston, whether you like to shop, bar hop, sit indolently in a French bistro, or take a night stroll through old Southern streets. Oh, and I like that our bathroom had a multitude of towels.

Fabulous hotel
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We asked them questions and they researched the answers....restaurant, serving hours, area transportation. The housekeeping staff were accommodating for sleeping in late and kept our room in top condition. Also, this hotel is located for easy walking to fine restaurants and shopping venues. Overall, highly recommend this hotel.

The location of the hotel was excellent, but the hotel itself was disappointing for the price.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Accessible Tub/Non-Smoking

For the price of the room, the beds could have been more comfortable. The breakfast was disappointing in comparison to those at other hotels we've frequented.

Both the front desk staff and housekeeping were xcellent, accommodating and extremely nice. There was a misunderstanding about the room type when we arrived, but it was resolved. The location was excellent, close to the visitor's center and free bus service.

Great location, great staff, great city.

There were two huge “palmetto bugs” in our bathroom on two different occasions. Yuck and creepy. I didn’t realize I wouldn’t get Hilton points using booking.com, so that was a disappointment.

The staff — front desk, cleaning, breakfast, etc. — were excellent and very friendly. Breakfast was more than adequate, coffee was great and it was especially nice that it was available throughout the day.

Comfort hotel, minor upgrades were expected.

I felt a drinking glass made of “glass” would have been more appropriate than a paper cup. The tissues were of poor quality. Wall mirror was missing judging from attachments sticking out from wall. Small issues, but important when paying premium rates for a room.

Good location. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly.

The desk clerk was very helpful and even booked our...

Our only complaint was the additional charge for parking...but it was nominal.

The desk clerk was very helpful and even booked our excursions for us...they were also very informative. Fresh coffee was always available in the lobby and the morning breakfast was quite good.

Very good
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking in the garage was a not convenient and the cost should be absorbed by the hotel .

Location !is an A +. We liked the mordern feel in our suit as well as it’s cleanliliness . Breakfast in the lobby was good as well and well attended by staff member

The check-in person was very nice, friendly, and helpful.

The breakfast was mediocre. Over three breakfasts, it was all the same. I was very disappointed not to have at least some biscuits and gravy like other hotels in a southern state. For the price we paid, I think the breakfast was below average. The room was small and crowded. No refrigerator or safe in the room....not good, again for the price. The parking garage arrangement is poor. I am not sure I would stay again and we always like to stay with Hampton.

The check-in person was very nice, friendly, and helpful. The property is nice and well maintained.

Best of all was the proximity (across the street) to the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Courtyard View - Non-Smoking

I think all hotels in the South try to freeze their guests. The air conditioning was set to 70, and we were cold the entire time. However, I suppose cold is better than too hot.

Best of all was the proximity (across the street) to the Charleston Visitor Center. We also enjoyed the restaurants a few steps away in the little alleyway near the hotel. Overall, a very good location.

Very friendly! Not happy with cost of parking.

Hotel needs to be updated. Tile loose in bathroom. Not enough convenient plug-ins for recharging phones Ironing board and iron were old.

Food was good value. Fresh.

Loved Charleston, especially the food! The hotel was just 'ok'.

The breakfast was 'weak'. It was basic, like any other Hampton Inn off the highway, often crowded. I expected more at $400/night.

the room was a nice size. It was quiet. It was close to some great restaurants. They had warm cookies one afternoon. :-)

Not a good value for the cost.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Courtyard View - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller than anticipated. Not much room to maneuver past the beds. The bathroom exhaust was non existent so it was necessary to leave the bathroom door ajar while showering to reduce the condensation, and the housekeeping was less than expected.

The courtyard was a lovely area to enjoy the outdoors.

All and all great price for the location, would definitely stay again!

The room was nice but a little stuffy, old hotel and the windows didn't open, and the ac took awhile to kick in. The bathroom was nice and large but the shower kept backing up.

Great location. Just walking distance to historic district and great restaurants!

Good except bed and pillows

Sorry beds bad.

We were very disappointed in bed and pillows. Hampton’s used to have great beds and pillows. They even changed our mattress out but not much better. They did try! Friendly staff. Bkft nice. Location close to visitors center.

Stay at Hampton Inn not to be missed; it's worth it!

The coffee was delicious as well as the fruit each morning. The quality of the food was fine, it's just that there was very little change from am to am. The biggest thing was there were no muffins; they only offered these petite danish rolls each morning that were not that pleasing. That is really the only negative I have to say about Hampton Inn.

All of the staff was accommodating and pleasant, the cookies in the afternoon were delicious, Curtis and Mr. Louie (?) are so nice. The beds were extremely comfortable and the location was excellent. A 15 minute walk down to the historic area, 5 minutes away from restaurants and bars...there were so many and so much to choose from. A hospitable stay and would return.

Great location, good parking.

We didn't have adequate supplies in the room and had to ask for more than 1 roll of toilet paper. We had to ask for complimentary water at the front desk, none available in the room. No robe in the room. The ac wasn't working when we first arrived but was quickly fixed. We had toilet plumbing issues the whole time even though maintenance came twice for repairs. Carpet looked worn. Room didn't smell the freshest.

Great location, good parking. Staff was very friendly. Good coffee.

My stay was friendly, personable, relaxing, clean, and easy.

We are late breakfast eaters. I would have liked the hours to be extended until 10:30. Really That’s just a personal request.

The breakfast was excellent. No matter what time we went for breakfast, all of the food was hot. Also there was always food available. Happy Henry was very personable. The afternoon cookies were delicious. I love that coffee was always available. The trip was a memorable experience.

Comfortable and clean with very friendly and helpful personnel. Should have refrigerator & microwav

No refrigerator or microwave in room. Lighting not too good for reading and no comfortable chair. Ni

Comfortable and clean. Personnel excellent. Large pleasant breakfast area and food very good

The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Sadly, this hotel is in need of some refurbishing. The carpets are weathered and stained. The door to the hotel room did not seal well when closed and allowed light and noise to enter the room. Our room was an adjoining room with closed doors and unfortunately, we could hear the neighbor's conversation. Unfortunately, the price does not reflect the quality.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great.

Not anywhere near worth the cost.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Accessible Tub/Non-Smoking

The bedside clock time was way off, there was no plug for the bathroom sink, the closet door was so warped, it wouldn't close and one of the two keys provided wouldn't activate.

the graciousness of the staff

Wonderful stay. A big fan of Hampton by Hilton hotels.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Microwave - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine so no complaints.

The whole experience was excellent. The hotel is well situated to explore the area and the facilities at the hotel were great. Would recommend a visit. Breakfasts were delicious with lots of choice cheered along by Happy Henry.

The staff was very personable and tried to be accommodating.

The air conditioning system didn't work properly. It dripped constantly and extremely noisy. It could not be adjusted for comfort. Maintenance did come quickly the first time to try and fix but when that failed and we had to notify a second time. No one ever spoke to us we were left with a bucket on the floor and a difficult time trying to sleep.

The staff was very personable and tried to be accommodating.

We loved our stay and will recommend the Hampton Inn-Historic District to our friends. and family.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff, from the folks behind the desk, to the housekeeping staff, were exceptional. We were always greeted and each person had a smile! Perfect location just across the street from the Visitor’s Center where the FREE shuttle bus runs every 10-20 minutes.

The location is fantastic

The room wasn’t clean. There was a peanut in the window and mold in the bath. The bath faucet was loose with a gap between the tub. When I pulled up to turn the shower head on, I thought it was gong to come off. Disappointing for the price I paid for the room.

The location is fantastic

Generally convenient location for historic area of...

Breakfast ....served exclusively in/on disposable dishes with plastic cutlery,,,

Generally convenient location for historic area of Charleston with garage parking adjoining the hotel. Reception staff very helpful with directions etc

I liked the roominess of the room.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Accessible Tub/Non-Smoking

I was disappointed that there was not a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. I did not like the desk chair that was in the room, it was not very comfortable. I also did not know that I would have to pay for parking at the Hotel. I would think that would have been included with the price of the room.

I liked the roominess of the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. I liked the location, but it was a little confusing about the address. It took me a trip around the block to find the entrance.

Expensive for the quality of the hotel. I know it was a peak weekend and great location but $$$
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Courtyard View - Non-Smoking

Grout in Bathroom was moldy, the shower curtain was dirty & or stained, I found a giant cockroach in the bath tub in the morning, & the room needs a refrigerator. My friend was so looking forward to coming in at night to warm cookies (she remembered that from a stay at this property before) There never were any!

Friendly Staff and comfortable beds

Perfect for Bridge Run participants and City visitors!

I didn't realize, I don't think, that the parking would be a separate fee. We paid $34 for parking from Friday night until Sunday morning. Maybe I should have read more about that. It is typical of Charleston city hotels, though, to charge separate parking fees. Just a heads up for anyone new to traveling in the area.

My son (16 years old) and I stayed here because we were running the Cooper River Bridge Run 10k. It is the perfect location! It is .4/mi from the actual Finish line for the race. I was so happy they had healthy choices for breakfast and snacks - bananas, apples, protein bar varieties, and plenty of water and coffee. I will stay here again for future Bridge Runs! Also it is very near the Charleston Museum and other sites in the city that are convenient and beside the Charleston Visitor Center.

Overall our stay was excellent.

The outdoor pool. I wish there was an inside pool too. It was raining the whole day.

The staff was wonderful and the location was excellent for touring Charleston.

Bed was hard but breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We had booked over booking.com. We booked a "King Suite". It was supposed to have a king size bed and a pull-out couch. The first room only had a bed. We told the front desk and they sent us to another room. It had a bed and a chair. After moving all our stuff a 3rd time we finally got the right room. We didn't get a single "I'm sorry". All we got was them blaming booking.com.

Bed was hard but breakfast was good.

Happy with everything except making me feel like not having hot water was my fault.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

On two days we had cold showers or no showers. The first day, we were told that one of the boilers was out of service and that they switched to the other boiler and to let the water run and it would get hot...it did not happen. The next day on April 4th there was no hot water again. We were told that too many people were taking showers at the same time. I paid almost $3600.00 for five nights and for two nights felt like I was camping out and washing in a mountain stream.

Liked the size of room. Also liked variety of breakfast.

Overall okay. I’ve stayed here many times over the years and hope they will invest in updating soon!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Courtyard View - Non-Smoking

Noisy. Bathroom toilet was running and though someone came to fix it, it never solved the issue during my stay. Heating system was noisy. And could hear people walking in the room above us. Also the decor is dated and tired looking.

Bed was comfortable. Plenty of pillows. Hotel location is very good. Breakfast was fair. Had plasticware instead of metal eating utensils, that should never happen! Staff are all friendly and outgoing.

I liked the warmth of the staff and the ease of getting...

I thought the dust ruffle on the bed could have been ironed, but that didn't affect my stay in any way so that's just a small housekeeping comment. All three of us were pleased.

I liked the warmth of the staff and the ease of getting around. I liked it that we could get two beds plus a hid abed that was ample in size. I appreciated your staff bringing the sheets for the roll out sofa quickly and efficiently.

Would not stay again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy housekeeper yelling to co workers up and down the hallway both days rather walking to them and speaking in regular tone. Breakfast lacking in choices we would have preferred.

Clean bed

Beautiful city and people

The variety at breakfast was excellent. The location was directly across from the visitor center with the free shuttle for historic district and the airport express bus. The airport bus only takes 28 minutes to get to the airport for only $3.50. The children’s museum as well as the Charleston museum were close by.

Perfect location, top notch staff and beautiful place to stay in Charleston

the room was quiet, the beds were very comfortable and plush the breakfast was nice each morning, and as busy as it was the staff kept things well stocked and cheerfully greeted each person they saw I would say the staff was top-toch-extremely helpful and friendly on every interaction we had at the Hampton

Good breakfast in great location.

$17/day for parking unless you are eligible for handicapped parking. Bring your state mirror tag with you.

Good breakfast in great location. Next to Tourist Information Center. Free bus transport around downtown.

Overall it was good, no major complaints

You could’ve had refrigerators in the room, it would be nice to keep some water something cold to drink, Or if you went out to eat, have a place to put the leftovers.

The beds were comfortable, the location was good to enjoy the city.

Overall Charlston is a great town and the Hampton Inn made it easy to be there. Right opposite the v

Hospitable Place Pretty much what you would expect from a Hampton Inn in terms of the breakfast and Ongoing to Coffee supply. Felt it was a bit overpriced. Across the street at the Embassy suite, it was free happy hour and much nicer breakfast… And the rooms are the same price! I guess you’re paying for the location which was superb the staff was incredible and could not have been more helpful.

Wonderful time in a centrally located historic hotel.

Price of parking

Wonderful location inthe middle of everything. Across the street from visitor center. Clean rooms and great breakfast. Quiet even for it‘s central location.

While the hotel staff and the accommodation were great the cost was not really worth it.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Courtyard View - Non-Smoking

I felt the cost for a one night stay was more than is should be for the room. When I arrived the room I requested was not ready. I took another room because mother is handicapped and tired from the travel.

Clean room, comfortable bed and pillows excellent staff. Generous breakfast and assistance.

adequate for one night, left at 6 am, did not stay for breakfast

Overall appearance in the lobby and hallways was worn, stained carpets...needs an overhaul. beds were very clean and pillows and sheets fresh.

chose site because of the wine and food event across the street

wonderful staff and location
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were located on the 5th floor and the internet reception was poor with frequent dropping in morning and evening; Breakfast was mediocre but typical of Hampton properties

Staff, location, parking, comfortable common areas

Great.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Some of the carpeting in the hallways smelled liked the had gotten wet and mildewed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful the entire stay. We were particularly impressed with Okuri, who responded quickly to an issue with the air conditioning. He was prompt, friendly, and repaired the problem. The kitchen staff were also friendly and brightened everyone’s morning with their conversations and helpfulness.

Perfect location, comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff, it was just a terrific stay!

There truly was nothing I didn't like.

Friendly staff, delicious breakfast with lots of options, the room was very comfortable. We'll be traveling frequently to Charleston and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Will use Hampton Inn's in the future

Pillow was not great

Great room Bed was very comfortable, breakfast was excellent. Great location. Overall.iy was great & will use Hampton Inn's in the future

Breakfast was served on time .
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was served on time .. actually it was early. Which is great especially for morning people. Staff was very helpful in their directions for out of town guest.

Breakfast was good.

The first room we were put in was awful. It had a really weird smell (we thought it was just a VERY strong perfumed cleaner). On day 2, the air stopped working. The staff was extremely friendly & moved us immediately. The room we were moved to was so much nicer & the smell was fine. That made us wonder what they were trying to cover up in the first room. Wished we had asked to move as soon as we got the room. But room #2 was great!

Breakfast was good. Location was perfect! Staff was very friendly & when we had a problem with our room they moved us immediately without any problems.

Ideal location for downtown Charleston vacation.

Rooms are utilitarian. Bed was squeaky and uncomfortable. Walls are very thin.

Ideal location for downtown Charleston vacation. Across the street from the visitors center and the free shuttle stop (DASH). Close to bars and restaurants. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Great complimentary breakfast.

I felt safe and in the center of town

The view was a wall. The room would not cool past 70 and there were ants in the bathroom

The location was great! The room was sizable and the bed was comfortable

Unforgettable, Amazing customer service!!!!

It wasn't at the same level of other Hampton Inns I've been at!! It wasn't as clean or impressive.

The STAFF!!! They were so sweet, amazing, supportive and understanding!! The staff went out of their way to accommodate me!!

Great location!!!

Parking spaces are very small and limited. Not enough seats for guests during breakfast. Breakfast areas were very jammed during our stay.

Very convenient to get to public transportation. Nice selections for breakfast.

Parking was not included in the price of the hotel and ended...

Parking was not included in the price of the hotel and ended up costing $17 per day. This would’ve been fine had this been communicated to us before we booked.

We will book there on our next trip to Charlston.

Air conditioning problem. The room got too hot (79 F at one time) and the wall control did not seem to do much in terms of adjusting the temp. Other than the coffee, the breakfast was ok, but not much to write home about.

The Location next to the museum and tour bus site was really great! The room was clean and adequate, the heating and air was erratic and not really controllable without assistance from maintenance. The coffee was great, bagels and toast OK, but I'm not sure if the scrambled eggs were real or powdered. The staff was really friendly and helpful. A+

highly recommended
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

we came a day after the big storm and sidewalks were still treacherous.

The location is perfect, with an easy walk to King St and the rest of the historic district. Staff are very friendly and helpful

Will stay elsewhere when visiting in the spring.

They were putting in new carpeting on our floor it smelled Also the room was not very sound proof. Someone took a shower at 12:30 am for a half an hour. I heard every drop of water.

Good accesss to the historic center

Convenient location

It had snowed two days prior to ur arrival and I understand that they never get snow but they did very little to remove the snow from the driveway and walkways which was a bit treacherous to get around.

Convenient location

Excellent choice for families in a great neighborhood

Could improve the breakfast but a minor point.

Great location in the heart of town at a reasonable price. Lovely coffee and tea service in the lobby all day and evening and a decent breakfast buffet. Walking distance to many good restaurants and sights. Good value

I would stay there again but when the weather is much warmer!

Too bad there was not a restaurant inside the hotel to get lunch and dinner.

We were here during the unique snowstorm when everyone was told to stay inside and not go on the roads. Most of the TV channels went out, so all the guests had to make the best of it.