Reviews of Hampton Inn Charleston Southridge 3 stars

#1 Preferred Place, Ruthdale, WV 25309, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Ruthdale

Just ok.

The bed was not comfortable and the breakfast was not that great. Not everyone wants turkey sausage and western omelet.

It was very clean and quiet.

I have stayed here before and is why I came back. It is a very nice place to spend the weekend at .

Benches out front could be move to where when it rains you don't get wet.

Room was nice . I am not a breakfast person but it did look good. Coffee was good and fresh. All staff was nice . Places to eat were near by . Wall- Mart was near by .

OVER ALL ENJOYED OUR STAY, BUT EXPECTED MORE FROM HAMPTON INN.
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

THOUGHT YOU'D HAVE A CHILDREN'S POOL, UNDER 3FT DEEP. WE RENTED A ROOM WITH A JACUZZI TUB IN IT, BUT IT WASN'T WHAT WE WERE EXPECTING.

BED WAS COMFORTABLE, STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY. GOOD LOCATION

The breakfast was great!

The price was about $160 for a night after it was said and done. Not what I normally pay.

The breakfast was great!! I love when there is oatmeal with brown sugar but they also had cheese omlettes!!!!

Very relaxing and worth the money for your stay. We enjoyed our self got in the hot tub as well as t
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The only thing I wish wasn’t so high was the prices for one night but I’m happy

The bed was really comfortable and my husband & I really enjoyed our selfs just having a night to ourselves. Glad we stayed there

needed a nice clean place to stay the night and hampton filled the bill
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

could hear people in room next door (connecting room door), hotel location confusing, bathroom needs some towel racks instead of hooks

great breakfast and great clean room nice big shower easy check-in and out

I believe the prisoners at the nearby jail have more amenities than we were allotted!

The imposed pool times, despite my request for a later time to enjoy the pool and hot tub in the pool area. The rushed checkout time, by the maids knocking on the doors, despite my written and verbal request for a later checkout time especially on the last day, as my youngest son had a procedure at a nearby hospital and we were rushed out and truly would've paid for the extra time, my card was on file, geez! We were paying quite a bit to just reside in an unspecialized room. The locking safe, I add to my dismay, did not function at all. I found it futile to even ask one to see about it, as it would've brought more attention to the fact that we were treated as an unwanted and socially unequal guest, when in fact, we were not. Oh yeah, we were stuck with a stopped up toilet for two days, so I turned the valve off so as not to overflow the floor. I would've asked for a plunger, but there were no maids in sight, or in availability for anything- until early morning when they rudely knocked and walked on in-- despite the fact we were not checked out, or even out of the room at all. Maybe I am just not used to asking for everything I want, let alone the things one needs! I am out of practice so, possibly I am very harsh in my overall judgement, but I know I must not be alone, especially in the family groups!

I loved the location, I also was pleased with the amenities,that is why I chose this particular hotel, even if it meant paying a little more for such- Unfortunately, it felt like you had to push the fact that you paid to stay so as such, in turn paid for those amenities. We had three of our four children with us, so we naturally wanted them to have a good time while we were there, at any time. I am a night owl, and since my husband works the midnight shift, we are all in that time frame of mind on the days the kids do not have school. I hated that despite our schedule, they found it appropriate to decide the time we swam and enjoyed the hot tub on the grounds. I understand there should be a cut off time, under certain circumstances, for certain amenities. I was not pleased when they turned the lights off in the pool area like we were all children. I saw the under 14 requiring supervision, and I did not leave my young ones, even my oldest whom is nearly 17, by themselves in the pool area. ( That is just being a good parent, duh) But I specifically asked for an extended time for us to swim, as I am not one to follow normal time constraints. If we caused any problems, then we would have gladly left the facilities. Still, I did not get to enjoy the amenities I paid to enjoy in the first place. Actually, I felt a little unwelcome, maybe unnecessarily but I felt it nonetheless. Not sure how to fix that issue, although the rooms, the hotel, everything was very clean and the maids never failed to knock LONG before checkout time to make you feel that much pressure, even when I also asked for a later checkout,as well. WE didn't checking on a day I paid for, I remind, until nearly midnight of that 9 hours we had to do so. I, again, did not push the fact that I did pay for such. They seemed to be not charging my card, but in reality, my card would have been charged anyway for the time I did not get. ( Double edged sword here!

This is beginging to be our home away from home

Everything was great. No complaints here.

Beds are very comfortable and room is always very clean. Our 4 year old loves the pool and the hot tub. Location is very convenient to doctor's appointments, shopping and events in Charleston.

I had booked a room that had a big spa bath in room by bed,...
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I had booked a room that had a big spa bath in room by bed, but when we had got there it was was a spa bath in bathroom. I had to have them change it. It was a little annoying because the pictures showed I'd have a spa tub beside bed. So there shouldn't have been any mixups. So all pictures aren't exactly as you see them. They fixed it and it was perfect.

Pricey, but worth every cent! 😁
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

My only downfall is....if you book with a credit card but want to pay with cash, make mention of that prior to checking out. I told them at checkin and I stressed it, but at checkout, she automatically charged my card before asking & I also paid with cash, and it took several days to get the money put back into my account. So....just make yourself very clear before returning your room key.

It was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in! Great, friendly staff. Complimentary food, snacks and beverages were available. Has the most AMAZING breakfast EVER!!! Will definitely be staying here again!

My stay was nice and very relaxing.
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There was nothing to dislike.

I loved the spa tub in our room and there was plenty of places to eat located around the Hotel, and the staff is a class act, second to none.

Wonderful Stay and I Will Definitely Be Staying There Again the Next Time I'm in Town.

My room was located just around the corner from the elevator (within 5 feet) and I did get quite a bit of noise but it wasn't bothersome. Also, the people in the room beside me were arguing and I could hear their argument plain as day. I didn't report either of these problems because they weren't effecting me.

Nice Staff, Well Maintained Property, Extremely Clean Rooms, Great Location, and Very Nice Breakfast.

What you'd expect from a Hampton inn.

A bit outside the center of town.

Staff is courteous and friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nothing special but was fine for an overnight stay. Parking, wifi and breakfast were free.

The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Nothing at this time. Everything was great.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The Housekeeping the staff were always willing to assist you. Fresh fruit was available all day!

It didn't last long enough!

There wasn't anything l didn't like. I would like to have glazed donuts for breakfast! Lol.

Everything! It was great. Starting with the staff, everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Second the rooms were very clean, quiet, and super comfortable. It was super nice to bring the children, l refuse to stay in a motel that has a lounge specifically for drinking. This motel has drinks but isn't displayed in a big way. The fountain drinks are great especially when you first get there, we bring our own, but have to be put in room fridge to chill. The pool is wonderful for the children! Adequate parking. They offer bananas and apples which are a great snack for the children. They have box cereal for the children, so if they sleep late, my husband brings them a box of cereal for them, we buy milk to keep on the fridge. We also love this motel because it is close to all the shopping area, but sorta back, also.

Nice stay

The only thing I didn't like is the breakfast worker didn't bring out more bagels when I asked her to. It's my favorite breakfast food, so slightly disappointed. Otherwise, everything was fine.

Loved the huge hot tub and nice staff. Also loved the hot breakfast. Nice safe location near a lot of restaurants and only a few minutes from the mall.

Lol at the good reviews on this hotel.

Lol at the good reviews on this hotel. Rooms are older/dated/maybe a lil creepy. Someone said this is the Number 1 hotel in Charleston, if so, Charleston is not a place you want to stay overnight. Keep driving (out of the state of wva) to find anything decent to stay.

Most BANG for your BUCK!!

Loved that the pool area & gym were open until midnight! Lots of time for play! The rooms were clean and comfy! Great breakfast selection. Staff super friendly! Great location, anything you could want is close by!

We had a great quick stay! We felt fully recharged to continue our 7 hour drive home!

On the first night we got there the shower was not draining so we had to shower standing in dirty water :(

Amazing breakfast! Great swimming pool! Very comfortable beds!

Charleston

Would not allow use of hilton honors # to gain points for stay. Danielle was not nice at check in. Basically, argued that I pd through booking.com. I pd at the hotel at checkin.

Close to kanawha state forest Emily is a star employee. She resolved an issue with our rm. Ann is a star, I asked for low fat yogurt and she located some in kitchen and brought it to me. Remembered me the second morning and brought me another low fat yogurt.

Great experience
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I liked that the property was smackdab in the middle of just about anywhere you'd like to eat or hang out whilst on a road trip. Excellent view of the immediate area from buppers floors .

Relaxing Stay away from kids and work.
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

We will bring our pillows next time. When I booked our room I thought I booked the same style room like I did on our last stay with the spa tub by our bed but it wasn't, it was much smaller and in the bathroom. When we laid in the bed the TV was blocked by a tall chair so I had to move it in front of the desk so I could see the TV. The TV could have been a little bigger since it was so far from the bed in the other room. Our last stay was much better but it was a 50th birthday get away. I will call and request our first room the next time we stay for sure. There was NOTHING REALLY BAD about our stay just small things we enjoyed better on our first trip.

Very nice and clean and check out time was noon!!!

A wonderful place to stay.

The only negative was we booked our stay at the same time as a travel soccer team, so shared facilities could get a touch crowded, but even then we didn't know they were there most of the time because the rooms were so well insulated.

The staff was very frendly and helpful. The room was spacious, spotless, and very comfortable. The beds were among the most comfortable we've ever had in a hotel. The pool and fitness facilities were great. And the breakfast was wonderful. On top of all of that, the hotel was located in a shopping center with several restaurants, and stores in easy walking distance of the front door.

Wonderful place for family gathering!

Friendliness of staff, comfort of beds and room, cleanliness was great! We were there for a family gathering for New Years and the room we used was perfect for our needs. Also enjoyed the hot tea and coffee available!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Everything was clean and nice.
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

In-room coffee maker made disgusting coffee. Light switch to jacuzzi by bed was located in bathroom around corner?

Everything was clean and nice. Good coffee at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Hampton's always have the best beds.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That i couldn't stay longer.

Hampton's always have the best beds. Almost too comfortable to leave.the indoor pool and hot tub were amazing also. This location is very convenient,close to restaurants & shopping.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Hampton is always a good choice, the staff made this one extra nice.

Bedding was exceptionally warm, could not separate the blankets.

Helpful and pleasant staff, the female housekeeper on our floor was exceptionally friendly and went out of her way to make us comfortable. I am so sorry that I do not remember her name, but she was very thin, maybe about 60 yrs old.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Gluten free options available at breakfast!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Rooms are small, but the standard for most hotels. Even though it's a smoke-free facility, our room had a hint of what is possibly residual smoke odor(?), but it was not overwhelming, therefore we did not make a complaint.

Gluten free options available at breakfast! Very impressive!! The bed was comfortable and covered with a washable mattress cover and several layers of pads and sheets. The adjustable shower head was nice. We enjoyed eating dinner outside at the picnic tables behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Pleasant Stay
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

This hotel isn't close to the interstate but it is surrounded by shopping, dining and entertainment. Yet it is a quiet and peaceful hotel. The breakfast was good with lots of choices. The room was clean and quiet and the beds were very comfy.

Great location, very clean

Everything was great!

Easy booking, friendly staff, very clean and a nice free breakfast with plenty of seating.

The people are friendly and nice!

The people are friendly and nice!

The pillows are cheap and awful

The pillows are cheap and awful

We'll return.

The pool exceeded my expectations.

Amazing
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The staff was overly nice to us. We were very pleased with their staff

Guests in room next door up until 4:00 am.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Guests in room next door up until 4:00 am. I should have called mgmt but didn’t

BED WAS NOT MOST COMFORTABLE.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

BED WAS NOT MOST COMFORTABLE.

Very clean and comfortable place to stay

Great place

I would recommend to any one the staff was so good to me the food was great an I slept like an angel

How clean it was

Perfect

Perfect - great pillows!

Noise level

Lori at the front desk. Amazing!

Abosolutly enjoyed our stay; the staff made the difference!

Everything was great!

The friendllyness and professionalism of the hotel staff!!!

Was greeted by all employees not just front desk.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Was greeted by all employees not just front desk.

Excellent stay.

All was good.

Hotel staff was extremely helpful and nice,hotel was very clean. Excellent place to stay.

Bed comfortable

Hot tub not hot.

Bed comfortable

Great location. Loved the facility itself... will definitely return!!!!

Location!!!

A good night

Close to restaurants

Very nice hotel with a friendly, helpful staff.
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible

Clean and very comfortable with a very friendly staff.

Awesome

It was all great

Awesome

The pillows are awful. Make sure you bring your own

Very clean, staff very helpful. Bed comfortable

We couldn't ask for anything else from our stay at the Hampton Inn !
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel was clean and comfortable. All staff were extremely helpful and kind!

The cleanliness
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The temp in the room would not go below 68 degrees on heat or cool. It was hot in the room at all times.

The cleanliness

The room was absolutely amazing!
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The room was absolutely amazing! We loved the jetted tub and king bed!

We saw a cockroach

We saw a cockroach

Was completely surprised and delighted with the facilities and the staff and the friendliness of eve

Very straightforward

Nice getaway.

Changed credit card policy

Clean, convenience,wonderful pool

Very nice room and great location made me feel comfortable and at home

Location was excellent

I like every thing .
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I like every thing . was a very nice stay

I like every thing . Was a nice stay

Excellent.

N/A.

Everything.

Bed too soft

Bed too soft

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Clean nice staff

Price is a bit much for the area.

Nice staff. Nice hotel.

Room was excellent.

Nothing everything was great

Room was excellent. Really enjoyed hot tub

We'll be back-- it actually exceeded our expectations

We'll be back-- it actually exceeded our expectations

Clean and new apearing
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable. That was the only thing I didn't like.

Very clean,staff friendly and considerate. Bathroom and shower were excellent.

Great nights sleep!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Convenient location. Lots of amenities right there. Super clean and comfortable room. Will stay again!

very pleased with all

very pleased with all

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The front desk staff were great!

The front desk staff were great! Helpful, upbeat, efficient.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Sore backs

Beds were not comfortable. Pillow was hard. Sheets were vet rough.

Staff was friendly.

Rested well and ready to go the next morning.

Was good

Good bed, friendly staff, good location for me and the noon checkout.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Don't waste your money!!!!!!!
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

In the middle of shopping center. No internet.. Not what I expected.

Comfy bed. Clean

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Loved it!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not up to par.

It was an awesome experience!!!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

clean, warm customer service

Rooms were clean and maintained nicely. The beds were awesome..

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

weekend get away

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

price could have been better

price could have been better

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Very good over all stay.

Air conditioner could have been cooler

The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Great stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Room very clean Location was near everything we needed. Would stay here again

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Staff was very friendly.

Hotel is under renovation so lots of construction activity. Front door to lobby was closed; but I'm sure it will be nice when completed! Just a minor inconvenience.

Staff was very friendly. Close to shopping and a variety of good food places. Room was nice and bed comfortable.

There are also 68 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.