Reviews of Hampton Inn Charlotte Uptown 3 stars

530 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA

#14 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Central place, but I don’t recommend having breakfast here especially if you’re visiting on weekend.

Breakfast line was very long. It took us half an hour to get them! And there’s little room to sit there.

The location is pretty central. I could just walk to the EpiCentre less than 10 mins.

It Was Worth Every Penny...We Loved It!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The Whirlpool Room Was Extravagant...It Was Everything Me And My Husband Hoped It Would Be And We Will Most Definitely Be Back Soon...Thank You Guys For A Memorable Get Away 😍

Anniversary trip

There is road construction in the area and it was difficult to get around at night. The exit off 77 was poorly marked and it was not easy to find.

Clean

Front desk staff great; king room ample and comfortable bed; well located

The air conditioning in bedroom kept fluctuating. Don't know why it wouldn't stay at setting. Had to get up several times at night to re-set! Ugh! Pool - went for morning swim and no fresh towels. Only used ones strewn about. Told front desk.

The staff were super helpful. Especially Trevor and Bridget. Our luggage had not arrived and we were given complimentary toiletries that totally met our needs. Also told where Target was (buy some inexpensive clothes) good restaurants, etc. Room size and bathroom great. Bed very comfy! Complimentary washer and dryer a real plus!

enjoyed was exactly what I saw on site
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I enjoyed the free breakfast but would of liked a little more variety on the hot sections. But overall very good.

The room was very clean and comfortable to be in. This includes the hallways and public areas also. I always like staying at Hampton Inn where ever I should be. This Staff was outstanding with their lcustomer services.

Very warm environment guest very enviting to communation amoung all
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I feel the main entrance check area could do with a blow down from cig butts at least weekly.

The staff was outstanding in their performance of tasks and duties

Really enjoy most everything about the trip.

They charged my credit card twice which made it go over the limit. We were using that card the whole trip. I got an over the limit charge from them because of it. I was paying it off in full but it looks bad when you go over the limit.

Really enjoy most everything about the trip.

I would not stay in a big city again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I'm not much of a city girl. Didn't like paying for parking. We were only there for one night and tired. Traveling with a 5 year old and a woman with disabilities, I was hoping like most places that there would be a place like next door to have a good meal. They did offer shuttle but ended up just ordering pizza in.

Beds were very comfortable, love the pillows. Breakfast was good

This was my Husband 30th birthday and we really enjoyed getting away from home!

I really love the Swimming Pool and the Hot tub

I loved the Beds they feel so good and comfortable I didn’t want to leave the hotel. More like Pillow Top Mattresses

Great staff, room for tiny improvements
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool had limited hours, plus the $15*a day parking fee!

Staff was friendly, lobby could've been maintained a little better with the wet spots from the pool, but other than that, staff was very positive! And the location puts you downtown, but not right into the center of the action, which is nice when you want to enjoy it from the outside looking in!

I especially enjoyed the spaciousness of the room; with chaise lounge. desk and chair.

I was saddened that a near guest decided to smoke heavily in their room; especially, since I have Asthma. Fortunately, after reporting the guest to Security the smoking stopped. I was able to turn up the air conditioner, clear the room of smoke and to get some rest.

I liked the friendliness and the competence of the staff. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. I especially liked that I could avail the services(food, room service, more lounging areas)at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn.

Good stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The preauthorization took place after my stay which didn’t make any sense and was a big inconvenience.

Breakfast was nice and the hotel was clean and comfortable

A nice place

The bed was rather high for my wife to climb into. There was a strange tick/beep noise that started about 4am that disturbed our sleep.

We arrived just before 3pm and greeted by a friendly receptionist who soon had us in our room. The facilities are great and the breakfast kept us going for most of the day. Just wish we had been able to stay longer to enjoy the facilities, but had to catch an Amtrak train at 7am.

Great place! Highly recommend:)
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The one and only thing that could be improved is getting smart TVs so that you could watch Netflix and Hulu or whatever else you might have a subscription to.

Super clean and comfortable. Great location in Uptown Charlotte. Would definitely stay here again.

Great hotel in terms of location and staff as well as value.

The bed and pillows were not extremely comfortable. The breakfast, while free was very minimal.

The location is excellent for walking. Easy to get to restaurants, bars and the Uptown scene.

Great location, nice staff, unexpected entry
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately someone unlocked our door around 8am (not the cleaning staff) while we were still asleep. Luckily we had the door locked from the inside which kept them from opening the door all the way.

Hotel is nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had problems in bathrooms. Water didn’t go down drain properly. Suds from shower returned up the commode twice. That’s when we were moved.

Once we were moved the room was good. The beds are always comfortable.

Don't like that Hilton disconnects the...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Don't like that Hilton disconnects the points/rewards program after 6 months with no use. Always hard to find my number or card and should be able to be found with a phone number. Everyone has a membership now and too hard to keep up with cards from everyone.

We appreciate having Breakfast at the hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rate of the hotel was drastically increased on the weekend that we were visiting. We only stayed one night instead of two because of this. We would have enjoyed spending the entire weekend. Very small pool

We appreciate having Breakfast at the hotel. Staff very friendly. Great location by the Convention center.

For the price we paid, it was a good hotel and I would stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was not very clean and had no towels, but they were brought in when we asked.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle was very convenient and quick. The room was comfortable and clean.

Other than what I didn't like I would stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No spa tub in the room, my reservation was misplaced. The girl name Rai,took my I'd and looked at it like I wasn't suppose to be there and then ask if I was at the right hotel. I could hear the people in the next room

The other staff. Veiw from my room

We enjoyed our anniversary get away and would stay again !! Thanks

The staff was super friendly and the pool was accessible. Most hotels don’t have the pool ready for use in March!! Also had a lil smoking area close by our room.

I had a wonderful time at this hotel. It’s located in the best area and well worth the money
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom could’ve been cleaned better. There was hair on the sink and toilets. Other than that it was great

I loved the whirpool and location. We had a beautiful view and safe surroundings

Nice reliable comfort we’ve come to expect of Hampton Inn.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could hear other guests, had to pay for parking.

Nice staff, easy booking/Check in/check out. Good breakfast, clean pool/hot tub. Could use adjacent hotel pool (24 hrs) after this one closed.

Great Hotel and View
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

Uncleanliness of the room, found inappropriate item underneath bed in masters room. I was uncomfortable and felt nasty

Customer Service and Speedy Responses

Good, not great. Location was the reason for the choice. Relative price probably about right
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Fridge did not keep things cold even on high, the bed was not the most comfortable or sturdy, TV picture was not terrific (not horrible either), tub was slow draining, overall the furnishings were fairly cheap in structure and made me feel like I could easily break something.

Room cleanliness ok, staff friendly, exercise room clean, quiet, LOCATION was terrific, free consumables like tooth brush/razor/etc

It was nice but I was dissatisfied with my room and I will not book through booking.com ever again

The fact that I thought I booked a Whirlpool room, and upon arrival they didn't have that under my reservation. They were sold out of Whirlpool rooms and I feel like the amount I paid was insane for a standard room.

The bed was comfy

Great stay! Centrally located in a great spot of the city.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access and Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Booking.com put in a request for free parking? When I got to reception desk they said they never heard of it. Then the manager came out and said he got the email but they never give discounts. I would take that off the genious perks. It was a little disappointing paying 15 a day to park your car yourself. It would be 18 for the day for valet. They were very nice at the desk.

Great choices for breakfast.

It suited our purpose, VERY disappointed no honors points given!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean, drain in shower did not drain , Very disappointed that they did not give me my Hilton Honors Points!

Bed soft, location good, breakfast typical

We were pleased with our accommodations.

I was expecting a AAA or AARP discount. When I asked, the staff said I wouldn’t get it because I didn’t book directly with the hotel. I did it on line. I think I still should have gotten my discount. We always stay at a Hampton Inn. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Raleigh N C on December 28, 2017.

Breakfast was delicious. Room was very clean and comfortable. The only thing missing was a dresser for our clothes. We only stayed one night so it wasn’t a problem. The bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

Great location. Very comfortable room and excellent staff. In particular, Tyler at the Front Desk was very professional, accommodating and helpful. I stayed for five nights -- consistently great!

Not a Happy New Year celebration.....
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We went there to view the fireworks and because we were given the wrong information our night was ruined. I attempted to speak to the manager and was not able to. I was told she would contact me in 30 mins, nothing. We checked out and I said to the gentleman at the desk thanks for the phone call.....I looked at my invoice when we left it had a smaller balance so figured that was how they handled my disappointments. Several charges appeared on my bank statement from them and blew my mind. I called again asking for the manager, once again I asked to speak to the manager....unavailable again and was told she would call me back, she didn't. In any case, the GM was the one that handled everything via email.....it was a nice gesture, unfortunately it was days of aggravation for me first.

days after my negative answers were sent to the hotel, I was contacted by the GM finally after at least ten days and given a refund.

Best value for money in the area; had a wonderful and restful stay.

Great quiet location within walking distance of eateries and interesting spots (NASCAR Hall of Fame is next door); tastefully-appointed rooms and facilities. The free shuttle service to nearby places was most convenient. Friendly, accommodating and helpful statf.

Great location and within walking distance of many places.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The parking is $15 per day and it’s an unavoidable cost.

Great location and within walking distance of many places. The free breakfast exceeded expectations! Easy check in and out.

Front desk staff were amazing, transport to restaurants...

There was no Kleenex in bathroom

Front desk staff were amazing, transport to restaurants close by very timely and efficient. Breakfast was pretty good with various hot and cold items.

North Carolina
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Getting charged $15.00 a day to park your car in the hotel ramp,we paid enough out for the room.

What we came down to do was within walking distance for us,so we didn't have to drive.

we enjoyed the meeting/lobby area so we could gather and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

just needed more water and coffee out - so many people at the hotel for the game

we enjoyed the meeting/lobby area so we could gather and watch tv/football. The staff were super nice and helpful. The shuttle guy was so friendly! Loved the popcorn

Free continental breakfast served every morning, friendly...
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Broken ground plug on refrigerator in room which facilities was not willing to fix or replace. We were not comfortable leaving it plugged in, but our stay was short so it was not a big deal

Free continental breakfast served every morning, friendly staff. Convenient location is walking distance from most of downtown with free shuttle provided for other locations within 3 miles of hotel.

Everything was ok I would probably give a 9 if my bathroom was cleaner and shower was adjustable

My bathroom wasn't that clean there was hair on the walls and there was problems with the shower.

Its a really nice hotel! Has a really warm feel to it!

Good overall!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

Very loud, sounded like there was a utility closet above us. Lots of stomping and pipe sounds. Bed was slightly uncomfortable.

Right in uptown area. Walking distance to stadium.

Would come back again enjoyed myself.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that there wasn't a microwave in the room. I didn't like that with two beds accommodating for people there only one shampoo one conditioner do the fact that it was ladies night out we definitely needed more and had to call. The other thing I did not like was there was only one trash can in the bathroom. Had to call and get big bags to did not leave a big mess for the maids. Didn't like the fact that I forgot or was not told at the beginning that there was parking charge yes there were signs yes after everything was said and done saw that there were signs but I wish when you checked in they would remind you there'll be an extra charge on your card for $15 per car.

Fast easy to check in. Room was great. With there was a microwave. And I had forgotten about the parking so when I went to go check out I saw two charges on my card one for parking and one for this day I wish that they would tell you that when you checked in. But other than that the staff was friendly helpful enjoyed it will come back again. Like that your next door to another hotel that you can use their pool. Cuz on Sunday morning when I wanted to relax I had to go to the other pool due to the hotel pool being closed but was by there was a pool to use. had a great time will come back again.

It was close to where I needed to be.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Way noisy. Could hear people talking at waiting for the elevator. Could hear next door people talking and even throwing up.

It was close to where I needed to be.

Excellent stay in Uptown Charlotte
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Great convenient location to everything in Uptown Charlotte. Hotel was clean, comfortable and staff was very friendly. Hotel offers free shuttle around Uptown area and the breakfast bar that was included was fresh and tasty! Highly recommend this property for business or leisure travel for those coming to Charlotte.

Awesome time only been better if Panthers would of won.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing about hotel but too many Eagles Fans.

Went to Charlotte for Carolina Panthers game. Walk to the Stadium take bout 20 mins. Couple of blocks, mostly flat easy walk. They do offer Shuttle service too. Unbelievable breakfast, one of the best I’ve seen. Wide variety and the staff kept the buffet full and fresh the whole time. Had a pantry you can buy snacks and drinks from 24hrs. Access from the parking deck into 4&5 floors. Very friendly staff. In walking distance to a lot restaurants and attractions in uptown.

It was perfectly located for all of my wedding venues.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could of had more hot options such as a choice of proteins that include sausage and bacon and grits would have been nice since my hotel is in the south. Everything else was fine.

I really liked the service as I needed to be able to have someone pick up my wedding dress and grooms tuxedo safely. The staff was very helpful and nice.

Great location with parking, but for your money, I'd look elsewhere.

Toilet and tub were not cleaned well. I will spare you a description. The wifi was spotty and not solild. We were there to conduct business and had difficulty maintaining the secure (?) connection.

Nice breakfast. Great location. Great parking.

Beautiful hotel in the heart of Charlotte.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking in Charlotte is always a crush and expensive, although we had adequate parking, the spaces are extremely tight.

Staff were efficient and friendly, rooms clean. Hotel shuttled us to our event as a courtesy and we had a wonderful choice of breakfast foods.

Great Hotel for a short break
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a lot, ideal for our purpose.

A quiet Hotel in a quiet City, but we expected that as we were here to visit Friends. Train only a short walk as are bars and restaurants.

Overall Great experience.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking garage ramps have very thin lanes. I was in fear of scratching my rims the entire time.

Room is spacious and clean. Great choice of TV channels. The desk in the room offered a great area to get my office work done while I was in town.

Uptown Charlotte - mostly vey good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan and the mirror streamed up and the walls were damp after every shower. Not sure about the storage for clothes. I've never seen wire racks like that before and I just traveled East Coast to West Coast and back. Space was limited for 2 people's folded up clothing.

The location was great and I liked the shuttle service at no charge. The staff was always very courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

awesome....
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Our stay was amazing. The girl at tyhe desk on the night shift was incredible. I will highly recommend staying here to our friends and relatives. Awesome breakfast and excellent people working it.

Very quiet
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Noone Explained how to get to room after parking. I was on 7th floor and elevator did not go that high.Thank goodness for a patron who helped. Very confusing. Staff should have explained how to get to our room from parking deck.

Very quiet

Respectful friendly staff with clean fresh and sanitized room.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The parking deck just never a favorite.

The location is nice especially walking in the evening and near by restaurants. Room very clean and sanitized, which is a plus.

Was just ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not especially clean or well maintained.

The hotel was just ok. Pretty expensive for what we got. Kinda dingy and the valet drivers smoked outside the doors all day. Pretty gross.

Crusade for Christ stay in the city

No complaints

Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly, and overall layout of room and hotel was attractive. This hotel was convient to restaurants and shopping. Shuttle was available up to 10:00pm everyday. 5 night stay was very good.

Rude night time service.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

We checked in at 11-11:30ish on the night of 7/28 - the man at check in seemed annoyed and we got a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa for my 15 year old son and there were no pillows for that bed. We called "guest services" to request pillows. The man was short with us and it took a long time to get the pillows. I had to call back to check on their status and got "they will be there shortly" -click. The girl at the desk in the AM was very nice.

Comfy bed

Great Room, Staff and Location!

Nothing! I was happy with everything

The staff was so great! Every staff member we came in contact with (front desk, shuttle driver, housekeeping and breakfast staff) was super friendly, professional and considerate of our time. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a great size and I love all the little sayings and silly words written on the bathroom door, elevator door and throughout the hotel. I thought that gave it some charm! Also, the bed was incredibly comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again!

Close to airport..but not too close!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

$15 to park even as a quest. No restaurant on site.

Beautiful clean hotel. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Great selection for breakfast. Free washer and dryer.

Nice Location...Dirty Room
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean especially the bathroom. Bathroom and Closet shared the same door. You could see inside bathroom while someone else was in there. No privacy!!

Very nice establishment. Will stay again.

Very minor issue, the TV remote did not work. I called the front desk and a the maintenance staff replaced the batteries. Also try to avoid rooms near occupants with the whirlpool in the room. Filling the whirl pool caused noticeable noise from the pipes.

The location was very close to the event I was attending. Very easy to check in.

A great place to relax!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The parking garage. The pool was cold

The room was very comfortable and the bedding was the best ever!!! Didn't like the parking fees, overall a great place to stay

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terrible--pre-packaged garbage, paper thin bacon clumps and powdered eggs. Huge roach in my room climbing my wall (I have photos). Never notified when laundry was returned, let alone actually having someone deliver it to my room.

Convenient to the convention center.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

There was a Jacuzzi in the bedroom and the person above me used it constantly which produced a loud hum in my room throughout my stay. I did not realize that whirlpool tubs still exist in decent hotels.

Convenient to the convention center. Breakfast was a great start to the day

Nope

Toilet was broken . 830 in the morning sounds of construction fridge was unpluged. My husband had to stand and hold the plug into the outlet so i could dry my hair

My Beautiful Romantic Weekend

It was wonderful. There were nothing that we did not like at Hampton Inn

Everything from the comfort of the bed to the beautiful view. There were wonderful attractions and lots to do.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice big tv.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The jets for the Jacuzzi tub didn't work, pretty much took a bath. Very noisy while trying to sleep, every time someone flushed or used the water pumps were very loud. Woke my wife and I probably 4 or 5 times through the night. Some fixtures in the room need repair or touch up.

Nice big tv. Living room was nice, room was nice overall. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would probably stay again

Overall great place to stay

Parking was overly expensive. To self park was $15 a day which seems steep

Bed was great, rooms was clean, whirlpool tub was a nice addition to the room.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Bed was wonderful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had trouble with our keys working. Some of the outlets and charges didn't work in the room (707).

Bed was wonderful. Breakfast was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Very clean. Great location.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Very personable staff and comfortable room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Washer & dryer had some issues

The staff from the front desk, to the breakfast bar ladies, to the shuttle bus drivers were so helpful and friendly. Our daughter was in the hospital and all of the asked each time the saw us how she was.also had to switch rooms and Marie and Joc got us a great rate and we were moving with in a few minutes

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Fine

Room was fine but getting a little worn. Breakfast staff was great but not a lot of breakfast choices; paper plates.

Staff was great. Quiet room. Bed was fairly comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Highly recommend this hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

this hotel was amazing. staff was on top of it the entire weekend. loved the shuttle...made it very convenient to get around. the hotel was so clean. the bathroom was the cleanest one I have ever seen. the beds were amazing...I slept like a baby. no complaints at all.

good location for the price
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

never like paying for parking, but understand why its done for downtown locations. otherwise a great stay.

Happy hour buffet (which happened to be the night we arrived) was an added bonus. the room also had a nice little refrig which was great for the craft beers we brought back from the many local breweries. location was right next to the NASACR hall of fame and a skate rink which was pretty cool for a couple from Florida.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Great stay!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No maid service on Christmas, which is fine but should have been notified in advance. Walls are thin and heard toddlers running around until 1am.😬

Very clean! Breakfast very good!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The hotel was overall clean.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Not having amending aching on floor. Had to go to lounge to get a drink. The floor was sticky around hot tub. The hot tubs were noisy. Was told pool was out second time. Had to go outside to access another pool at Hilton.

The hotel was overall clean. Breakfast was a plus.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

My best hotel experience ever!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

All the staff; Cora, Andrew, Mork and even the breakfast staff were all so wonderful, friendly and beyond helpful! We love you guys, Merry Christmas!

Browse Hampton Inn Charlotte Uptown traveller photo gallery