Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Crestwood 2 stars

13330 South Cicero Avenue, Crestwood, IL 60445, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Crestwood

Friendly staff, great breakfast!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool area probably needs a little updating. Some of the paint along the pool edges was chipping. Also one of the ladders had no rungs on it. Minor improvements really, we still enjoyed it just fine.

Friendly staff, they responded quickly to our questions or requests. Awesome breakfast options! Pool was a nice bonus.

Same as above
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I reserved this room for my son and his family, which included a 2 year old, they came from out of town to attend the Air and Water show. Did not get the room that was reserved originally. Party was given a disability room, but once I complained was given the room I should have received originally. Staff was rude. There were people in parking lot smoking Marijuana. I expected more from Holiday Inn. Then at check out, I was charged a second time, and staff was not able to explain why. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Very disappointed.

Breakfast was pretty good, room was clean and bright,...
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

carpeting should be removed from all American Hotels, Europe only uses laminate and seems and is so much cleaner and santiary

Breakfast was pretty good, room was clean and bright, carpeting was a little old and should be replaced with laminate, Motel 6 really has everyone beat in that aspect, laminate is so much cleaner and allergy resistant

I'm highly sensitive to smells and didn't enjoy the smell of POT in the hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place smelled like POT both days I was there. The entire lobby/hallway on my floor stunk! I arrived at 4:45 and got my key to go up to my room. I opened the door and none of the sheets had been changed and the trash can was full! Gross! I went back downstairs and they got me a different room.

It was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lady at the front desk had HORRIBLE customer service skills, her name is Melissa...she was abrasive when speaking with me...she's the reason i won't be returning to that hotel!!! The front desk lady Asia was awesome but she was overshadowed by Melissa.

The bed was comfortable && the breakfast was great

As we frequent this facility when coming thru IL the lack of cleanliness was out of character.
    • Standard Room

Unclean bed linens in both rooms and poor lighting in the second room.

Staff was to be commended for continuously extending offers to change the room due to unclean bed linens in both rooms and poor main lighting in the second room.

Great family place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms and building could use a upgrade/remodel.

The staff is wonderful. The hotel is showing it's age. But a great place to stay and convenient to some great locations.

Terrible
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The first room we were I had little black hairs all in the bed and markings from what looked like a child coloring so we got moved to another room on the first floor and got up the next morning to get ready for a funeral and couldn’t even shower there was no hot water! Called the desk and was told I’ll let someone know and then hung up on ! At check I was told they are aware of the problem and just got a new hot water heater but it doesn’t help still had to pay for the room she said they already gave us half off due to the hair in the bed! So we had to go to the funeral with no shower very disappointed

Been staying at this hotel for the last 3 years now...chose it over several other hotels in the area
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Picked this hotel for several reasons...10 minutes from my client in Alsip; many good places to eat nearby (Portillos, Potbellys, IHOP, Burrito Jalisco); Fitness Center right across the street with $10 24 hour passes if you're staying at the hotel...20 minute drive from Midway; mini-fridge and microwave in the room (not every hotel has them...important feature for me since I usually stay 3 to 4 days); reasonably priced...use my AAA discount

A pleasant surprise and very comfortable evening.
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

I can't really think of anything.

The gentleman who checked us in was extremely knowledgeable and helpful -- a rare thing these days. He is deserving of your highest recognition.

Stay was excellent
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

I could not get an answer if we could get a better rate for our employees through the business. We are renting hotels no less than 2 times a month for them and if someone would take the time to let us know how we can get a better one or 2 days stay rate as a business for our employees and president we will be listening

I appreciated the friendliness I received when checking in a little early. The reservationist went the extra mile to accommodate me with an available room rather than have me wait while the room I was assigned was cleaned.

Dissapointed!
    • Standard Room

I booked a room with a king bed through Booking . Com . When I got to my room there were two double beds. The staff was understanding but had no other available rooms. It was not the hotels fault it was Booking. Com that misrepresented what they were offering. I will not be using Booking.com again.

The staff was friendly.

It was in the middle. Great staff and comfortable but overpriced.
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

I honestly felt the bathrooms could be bigger , bigger /nicer shower, at least a public hot tub in the pool room or a bathtub of a good size in the room. I honestly like the hotel as a whole just felt it was over priced .

The bed was comfortable and the receptionist Aleena was unbelievable! Amazing help for my early check in and very friendly and Extremely well at balancing having her hands full , guests , phones ringing she did it all with such a pleasant attitude ! Amazing staff

I'm glad it was only one night. I should have asked for my money back. It was not worth it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was dirty their was hair on the night stand. No one asked us if everything was ok. The women who were taking care of the food kept talking in Spanish to each other. That is rude what do you think your guests felt about that.

The hot food the next morning

First time using Booking.com and I was happy with the overall experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fire alarm went off 2x during my stay. Not the hotels fault but having to get up and leave the room in the middle of the night was a inconvenience.

The property was very clean. I had concerns it would not be since it was rated below 4 stars but I was pleased and relieved once I got to my room. Staff was great.

The room was spacious and very clean, our room had plenty of...
    • Standard Room

We only stayed for one night and we were a little disappointed that the one night that we were staying the pool was closed for maintenance. And the picture on our television seemed to always come in fuzzy.

The room was spacious and very clean, our room had plenty of storage areas for those who may be traveling for quite some time and need space to hang up their clothes. The bathroom was clean and spacious as well.

Don't stay here!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets had blood stains, so I called front desk they said the would bring keys to new room. No one came, so I went down and got new keys. The new room had dirty towels left hanging on the shower rod. Terrible place, staff didn't care! Terrible hotel, not clean and smelled.

Just O.K.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First few days, the place had agroup of workers staying at the hotel who had cases of beer and were drinking and rowdy in front of hotel. This was followed by a teenage sports teams being rowdy. Staff seemed not able to handle groups?

Room was nice, good housekeeping.

Good place to stay on a business trip
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Really nothing to mention. An outdoor pool would be nice, for when I visit in the summer, but that is not a deal breaker.

I travel to Alsip IL several times a year for business and have tried several hotels in the area but now stay at the Holiday Inn for a few reasons. One, the rooms have a fridge and microwave, which is convenient since I usually stay 3 to 4 days. Two, I like to work out and there is a X-Sport fitness center directly across the street, which offers a 24 hour pass for $10. I use this gym every time I stay at the HI. Also, the is a Portillos within walking distance, which is one of my favorite Chicago restaurants. The hotel is a 30 minute drive from Midway, which is where I normally fly into. I have family nearby, so that is a factor also. I try to visit with them when I travel here for my business.

Loving this Property

No complaints here 😁

I like that the staff was friendly and very attentive. The pool area was secure and clean. The room was very clean and comfortable.

very good value for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The hotel could use a limited bar menu in the same area as here breakfast was served.

Morning breakfast was very well organized and had plenty of hot/cold food options.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

I definitely would stay there again the front desk is helpful the rooms are very clean
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The lady who took care of the breakfast area was not very pleasant more duty then customer service

Well the young ladies at the desk were just absolutely nice and mellow and helpful as to the places we wanted to travel to the service at the breakfast was very substandard the breakfast with substandard and 30 minutes before closing you ran out of a meat side dish and they were not replenish it and so a lot will shut down to early

It was uncomfortable and i was very upset
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a family reunion or something there and we was put in room 318 right off the elevator so kids kept knocking on door running and security had to be called for all of they disrespectful comments and language we were told only for guest to pool per room it wasn't enforced there were people drinking alcohol beverages around the pool and it was like a party and unsafe environment for my kids to enjoy pool so we missed out on pool that night. We were told we needed rist band and it seemed no one else had them on it was just a crazy uncomfortable stay if I could give it a negative I would

Just location

Total disaster!

See above! Beyond bad! !

We arrived and was told the hotel was booked even thought I booked 2 weeks in advance and had booking number! We were very upset and the security basically ran us out of lobby! Total disrespect towards me and my wife! The front desk person was no help what's so ever! We got basically thrown out of the hotel and had to find someplace to stay the night! Never before have we been so upset with any hotel!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Updates outside but same dirty carpets inside! This hotel STINKS, literally!
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The hallways and room smell bad! Dirty, dirty carpet. Way too much money for a hotel that only spent money remodeling the outside and couldn't even change the carpet? Will not return. Thought my second visit might me better than my first when I found an army of ants under my bed!! Change your carpets! It really smells. The elevators are really dirty as well. Truly disappointed. 1 out of 5 stars. At least the staff is nice.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great place for a stopover during travel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy A/C that doesn’t cycle on and off.

Location to I-294. Quiet and comfortable room. Good shower.

Staff was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very nice and helpful. The facility was clean. The breakfast had a good variety.

Average
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hair was in the shower and bathroom smelled sour

Air condition/ location

It was next to a lot of shops and stores.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

It was next to a lot of shops and stores.

Very nice stay. Great beds and linens.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smokers outside every door.

Comfortable beds. Clean. decent breakfast.

It was great
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The needs are very comfy

It was convenient

The room was immaculate, the bed was so comfortable that I...
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The room was immaculate, the bed was so comfortable that I did not want to get out of it!!! The breakfast was nice as well!!

Very comfortable beds

Very comfortable beds

For the price charged for night stay, room could have been larger or price cheaper.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room size was rather small for asking price.

The staff was very accomadative, pool was enjoyable.

It was very good stay and will come back if we're in the area
    • Standard Room

The hallways were dirty but there were a lot of kids on our floor

Excellent breakfast, room was clean, workers were very friendly

I love how comfortable the bed was.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I love how comfortable the bed was. I also like the cleanliness of the room

The water never got hot enough to enjoy a shower , there...
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The water wasnt hot and spots on sheets and no breakfast

The water never got hot enough to enjoy a shower , there werent any food left

Nice stay

Friendly staff

Near lots of restaurants and attractions

Room / breakfast

Everything was excellent

Great stay I plan on staying there again if I have to go to that area again. Location is excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Some of the other customers around were a little noisy.

The eggs were good, decaf coffee great. Good variety for breakfast.

The rooms were nice and the staff was very friendly
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The ppl hanging outside and in the lobby and front entrance late at night

The rooms were nice and the staff was very friendly

Great overnight stay
    • Standard Room

Near the City with a small town vibe

The atmosphere of the hotel was nice and comfortable

The atmosphere of the hotel was nice and comfortable

the bed was so comfortable pillows fluffy , food well...
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

the bed was so comfortable pillows fluffy , food well prepared , my surroundings had everything centrally located everything I needed was there .

Eggs were great, hotel was very clean and child-friendly.
    • Standard Room

Eggs were great, hotel was very clean and child-friendly.

Good and comfortable motel!
    • Standard Room

Having a hard time with remote control, probably needed new batteries.

Room was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was excellent!

Pillows are so soft

Pillows are so soft

It was very pleasant stay. I will stay at the Crestwood Hilton Express the next time I come to town.
    • Standard Room

Love the swimming pool. We used the pool each night with the kids.

Quiet and relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I guess there was amix up with rooms and the maids tried to come in our room twice while we were there

Staf was very friendly

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff

The best stay ever
    • Standard Room

The area, there were a lots of restaurants and stores

Convenient

Breakfast food was fresh

The fire alarm .

Everything.

Other than the above everything was excellent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The deadbolt on the door did not work and there was not enough room to get the closet if someone was sitting at the desk.

Bed was not made when we entered room, asked front desk to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was not made when we entered room, asked front desk to change dirty sheets, returned 5 hrs later and changed bed sheets myself

the king bed
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The room was never cool... eggs were hard

the king bed

I've used this property many times.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I've used this property many times. This time the cleaning staff was not as good.

Comfortable bed

Noisy neighbors, over priced

Comfortable bed

Nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were very friendly and helpful

Comfortable beds.
    • Standard Room

They lost my first day reservation. Was not refunded my full amount..housekeeper was rude'and unfriendly.

Comfortable beds.

Safe, clean and near my family.

Hot water too hot.

Safe, clean and near my family.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

GREAT STAY

KEURIG COFFEE MAKER IN ROOM, NOON CHECKOUT TIME GAVE US TIME TO ENJOY OUR STAY

It's near the expressway and the customer service was...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

It's near the expressway and the customer service was great.

Quoted One price my booking.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Quoted One price my booking.com when I get there they added another tax

Peaceful
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Jacuzzi

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The staff was excellent.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was excellent. We landed early and they made a great effort tho accommodate us and get us into our from early

free breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

over charged my card and ants in the plumbing

free breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

the room doors bounced in the frame with opening and closing...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the room doors bounced in the frame with opening and closing of the neighbors

Great for an hour
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The noise in the hallway. I left in the middle of the stay for another hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Staff was extremely friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was extremely friendly. Decent hot breakfast offerings and the dining area was very spacious.

great place place to go for a relaxed get away.

Attentiveness

The Best
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was not anything i didn't like

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Bed linen was pretty old

everything was good