Reviews of Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport 3 stars

6540 South Cicero Avenue, Bedford Park, IL 60638, USA

#2 of 10 hotels in Bedford Park

Easy access to airport was our main concern as we had early...

We found prices for lodging in the Chicago area to be a bit high. This may have been due to conventions creating a high demand for rooms in the peak traveling season.

Easy access to airport was our main concern as we had early flights! But the property was also very attractive and well-maintained and the staff was pleasant and responsive.

A fare hotel with friendly professional staff but a bit over priced.

$17 for parking is just stupid. Hotel is not in the city center so hotels like this in the rest of the world have free parking. The airport shuttle would not drop us at the train station even though we drove right past it.

Staff was friendly Bed was coo

Fabulous location very close to airport .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Fabulous location very close to airport . They provide a free shuttle bus to the airport too. The hotel staff were really informative too . Breakfast was amazing.

Very nice room, probably not too expensive for chicago.

Not a fan of American breakfast, but at least buffet style with some choices

Very nice room, probably not too expensive for chicago. Very friendly and helpful staff

Location is great, near the airport, has free shuttle bus to...

Location is great, near the airport, has free shuttle bus to midway airport and close by CTA orange line. Staffs are friendly and helpful, breakfast is so yummy!

Ok but would try another hotel next time

Front desk greeter and not completely prepared room.

The front desk female although professional was not very friendly and had a cold permanently annoyed manner of speaking. I had to check twice to ensure that the linens on the bed were cleaned because the bed was 3/4 made up and the prior occupants card holder and one other hotel item had not been completely cleaned out. The helpers for breakfast were friendly. The breakfast was basic eggs and bacon but not bad.

Overall, the stay was very pleasant except for the customer service the night before.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The lady at the front desk who signed us in was very rude and unpleasant. When we asked her questions about the cost of the stay, she was extremely vague. I was very saddened to witness such rudeness.

The stay was very pleasant and the breakfast was great.

Fine for what I paid.

I wish my room hadn't been DIRECTLY across from the elevators. (The pinging went on all night.) Oh, and there were ants crawling around the coffee bar. Off-putting, to say the least.

The breakfast was wonderful. The staff were friendly. I appreciated the free airport shuttle.

Very good value overall!

Shuttle service... first driver came by, drove off too quickly for us to move from breakfast table to get on board. we caught the next one however no problem.

Comfortable, clean and a really tasty breakfast as compared to many others I have had.

Clean, comfortable and quiet even though near the airport!

Breakfast was great! Fresh fruit, fluffy eggs, French toast sticks, etc....more than expected! Beds were very comfortable. Rooms very clean! Overall, property was great!!

I left my jacket in the closet of our room accidentally and...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I left my jacket in the closet of our room accidentally and when we called about it they didn’t have it. I was not all happy about this. Not good customer service

BECAUSE THE THE CHARGE FOR 2 VECHILCES FOR PARKING I WILL NOT RETURN THERE AGAIN

SEE ABOVE

I spent $165 for the room and had to pay for parking . I didn't know that I REALLY DIDNT APPRECIATED I HAD TO PAY FOR PARKING . I WOULD HAVE FOUND SOME WHERE ELSE TO GO WITH NO CHARGE FOR PARKING.

It was good , I just didn’t know I had to pay for my car to sleep there to!!!

Paying for parking and extra $19 a day! At least tell customers there is an extra cost so we can make a decision if that’s what we want to stay! If we stay why do we have to pay for parking, I stayed in Muskegon, Hampton and I didn’t pay for parking. Stay consistent that’s all I’m saying, I didn’t know about that charge until I was paying!

Easy access to airport. Restaurant was convenient

Everything was good, except for parking.

Did not like the fact that they charge for parking, completely ridiculous, if I’m ever in the area again i will definitely look for a hotel that I don’t have to pay for parking.

Check in was quick and easy, room was clean, staff was friendly. Overall experience good!!

Great expirience, would highly recommend to anyone.

The hotel was extremely nice for how cheap the price was. We loved the hotel so much that it is our only choice hotel when flying out of Midway. Great value for what you pay.

From being stressed about traveling and being tired this was the best experience!! A million thanks.

The customer service was above and beyond what I could have asked for. The staff was efficient and made us feel more than welcomed! Will definitely be back!! Thank you!!

Awesome accommodations (except the parking fee)

Parking $20 a night. I was unaware of that when I booked the room. I was there 5 days. I may not have booked the room if I had that information before-hand. I must have missed the fine print

Free breakfast was pretty good The room was super clean.

Overall we had a great stay mainly because of the staff. Will definintely choose Hampton Inn again!

We did have to switch rooms because we found a bug in the bed, the staff was very accomodating and fixed the issue immediately no questions.

Very friendly staff, great variety on breakfast items.

I'd go back!!! but not before checking other hotels to see if they do post "all" their extra charges

It is not clear in booking.com's website that parking is not included, and you need to pay a daily fee for it. That was not pleasant at all. Ruined a perfect stay. I felt a bit cheated.

Definitely the staff!!! Their staff was amazing. very helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable.

Nice clean hotel, friendly clerk, airport close, quite a distance from downtown & good restaurants

The manager on duty wasn't very helpful or friendly when there was a difference in the totals of the balance of our reservation between the hotel & booking.com. There was another daily charge they put on the credit card at the beginning of my stay to cover any additional charges or damages. If there weren't any, they would credit my card account back in 3-5 business days. I didn't appreciate not knowing about this prior to making my reservation. It was further away from downtown Indy than I realized. Not very many good restaurants close by.

We were greeted by Brianna every time we passed the front desk. She asked if there was anything we needed & was always smiling, cheerful and in a great mood. Rooms were clean & beds were comfortable. Good complimentary breakfast.Free coffee/hot chocolate & cookies in lobby.

It's was wonderful and very relaxing

The room was very clean it smell good the temperature was set to a comfortable feel and I when I called the front desk they were very fast so that is everything and I'll stay there when ever I come in town

I really love when I enter the Hotal they were very Friendly and very Helpful

Worst breakfast in human history.

Worst breakfast I have ever had. Absolutely abominable. A free breakfast is not valuable when it is so horrible. Put in a real restaurant instead, and charge for breakfast. The breakfast besmirches the Hilton name.

Location is good

great Midway location

comfortable bed. toiletries great. good breakfast options. shuttle easy to use and quick. receptionist very helpful for dining options and use of computer station for printing boarding passes.

The breakfast was just as good as the breakfast next door...

The breakfast was just as good as the breakfast next door that wasn't free. The staff was friendly and attentive. Overall, everything was quite comfortable.

Very disappointing reception by the staff !!

See the remarks above.

Very disappointed with the staff members who checked us in. We felt rushed and were rudely treated when our keys were not properly coded by your staff. Very unhappy to be changed $17.00 a day to park in the huge / ample parking lot. And was told at check in that we Should have read the fine print better ! How very rude. Was also told to go to one of the other Motels if we wanted to swim, very disappointed by the reception we received.

Comfy clean room

Our room was across from the elevator so we could hear people talking as they got on & off the elevator which woke us up throughout the night & early morning. Also, the toilet kept running. Phone lines were down which the front desk person forgot to mention when she told us to just call when we needed to be shuttled back to the hotel from the airport.

Bed was very comfortable

very good experience

Hope they would offer sightseeing places in Chicago.

Many choices of breakfast, coffee, milk, bangle, waffle...really nice. Out of the hotel are a bus station and several restaurants. Even near the airport, the room is quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The bed was very comfortable.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

As I stated above I did not like the price of the room I thought it was overpriced and I did not like having to pay for parking when I was already paying for the room. De Park in their parking lot should have been included with my room not an extra charge.

The bed was very comfortable. I do think that the room was a little overpriced and I did not appreciate having to pay $17 to park there when I was already paying $200 for the room. I believe parking should not be charged for when you are spending the night there and paying for your room. It should be included.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great people, nice facility - would stay again!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The location was good for an easy ride back to the airport to catch the EL into town each day we were there. Breakfast was good, and the staff was great!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great place to stay for flight in or out of Midway
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Staff were very pleasant and professional; hotel and room were very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was good. Airport was easy to get to. Several choices of dining nearby.

Convenient location and friendly stay. Comfortable enough.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast. The choice is quite limited, despite the originality of waffle cookers. The biggest issue is the lack of place: extremely narrow to move and not enough table. But that will not prevent me to come again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice enough and, despite it is a airport hotel, the room was quiet and we had two good nights. The location allows to go downtown without having to use the car (hotel shuttle to airport and CTA train; to count about one hour to arrive to the loop) - daily CTA tickets: $10. There is a TGI Fridays restaurant on the hotel site.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Chicago.

Nothing negative to say.

From the desk staff to the Individuals cleaning the room they made my experience so enjoyable. It was my Birthday weekend and the desk staff put balloons on my door and gave me hot chocolate chip cookies. I Loved the experience. Absolutely Recommend!!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

The shuttle service was a great plus , leaving your vehicle...

The shuttle service was a great plus , leaving your vehicle there and still having a ride WOW loved that I did not have to drive my husband to the airport

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

$17 to have a car parking spot & the overall price was higher than I expected.

The girls at the reception desk were awesome- esp Janelle. They helped me so much since it was my first time in the city.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Very comfortable!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

It is an airport hotel, so you have to expect a fair amount of very early morning traffic in the corridor

The room was spacious and attractively decorated. Great bed, lots of towels, etc. We were very comfortable.Too bad we had to get up early for our next flight! Staff at the front desk and in the breakfast room were cheery and efficient. The shuttle was prompt and speedy. It's a very nice hotel overall. .

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn Midway

NA

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Room was very clean and beds very comfortable.There was a well equipped but small exercise room for guest use. Hot coffee was available at all times. It was a very pleasant stay. Very convenient to midway airport and shuttle was promptly available for a 3:30 a.m. pick-up to airport.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

When they did the cleaning it always smelled nice and clean.

When they did the cleaning it always smelled nice and clean.The staff was great always greeted me when I went in and out of the building.Never did any questioning on me.

Very clean!

Very clean! Breakfast was great!

Design of room, great bed, pillows, staff

Design of room, great bed, pillows, staff

Very friendly staff & very clean room & overall building. I would definitely recommend & stay again

The cleanliness of everything

Loved the sheets

That we couldn’t; say longer

Loved the sheets

They didn’t have Some channels couldn’t watch fav programs

The beds were too hard.

The beds were too hard.

Clean and upkept.

Clean and upkept. Front desk staff was professional and friendly. Very impressed with them.

Tgif right next door was excellent for us because we had to walk.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The neighbors across the hall decided to stay up all night and became very loud at 4am.

No words
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Parking fees and extras fess too much

Breakfast king size bed

Charges for parking my rent car.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Charges for parking my rent car. I have stayed in many Hampton Inns, this was a first.

Very clean and great service, offers shuttle to airport and can catch the L train into city easy

Location not walkable

The room was nice location was great.

Didn't have any compliants

The room was nice location was great. Breakfast was good, I enjoyed my stay.

Convenient

100% smoke free room smelled like smoke.

Convenient

Close to airport

No restaurant for dinner. Track lights stayed on all. night. There was no ability to turn them off.

Close to airport

Hampton Inn was comfortable and was respectful, nice, and awesome. I will recommend the stay there.

N/ A

I like the room and breakfast. The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was good and it was a lot to choose from.

Stayed here before a trip. Very nice hotel.

Water cost $3.00!

Closer to the airport

the desk person when I checked in was super and very friendly

the desk person when I checked in was super and very friendly

Comfortable room.

No pool

Comfortable room. I was very happy coming back to the hotel at night.

I was not charged the rate I was quoted on my confirmation.

I was not charged the rate I was quoted on my confirmation.

Very good

Cost of parking

Great hotel

The parking charge was 21 dollars a day.

Great room and the staff was rely friendly.

Okay

The food the breakfast the size of the restaurant what actually dining hall

The quietness

Quality at best price, shuttle, on booking.

Not much fruit at breakfast

Quality at best price, shuttle, on booking.com

Paying for onsite parking

Paying for onsite parking

Will not be going there again

the price I was told on booking .com is not what they told me when we arrived!!!!!!

Very pleased

24hr shuttle service

Relaxing

Hot tub is needed

The staff was great, it felt like home warm and comfy.

Staff were all extremely helpful

Staff were all extremely helpful

I had a excellent stay at Hampton inn i give my stay a 3...

Nothin

I had a excellent stay at Hampton inn i give my stay a 3 thumbs up!!!

I will be staying at Hampton Inn whenever I travel.
    • King Room - Smoking

No pool 😕

The bed was like sleeping on marshmallows and the staff was A-1!

The cleanliness of the room

EVERYTHING!

EVERYTHING! GREAT Front Desk staff They went out of there way .Super Clean rooms. Perfect Location

free parking wood be a
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

free parking wood be a +

Very relaxed and comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Parking was an xtra charge

Very clean. We stayed 2 days. They even folded the kids blankets in our pack and plays.

Loved my stay at the Hampton-Midway!
    • King Room - Smoking

Accommodations were excellent, staff was very friendly and helpful and the food in the morning was fantastic.

I miss it, was too early

No make on time

I miss it, was too early

Great room, location, and staff

The hot water in the shower took forever to heat up and the water pressure could have been a bit stronger.

The bed was amazing!

A very good experience

Parking added on to the bill. That was not explained during the booking