Reviews of Hampton Inn Clearwater 3 stars

21030 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, FL 33765, USA

#7 of 21 hotels in Clearwater

The bath tub was peeling and the TV didn't have very many channels. And there just needs to be better communication from the booking website to the hotel, it wasnt terrible but it could have been better.

It was a beautiful location the pool was amazing. And the room size was decent

The property was old. It was more of a motel not a hotel. The room was awful. The bathroom was so small that in order to shut the door you had to wedge yourself between the commode and the bath tub. We were so disappointed. We have NEVER stayed in a Hampton Inn in this condition. Perhaps someone from the main office needs to take a trip to Clearwater and see what their name is on. They didn’t even have a handicap room. (Per the front desk). The pictures on Booking.com were deceiving.

The bed was the only thing we enjoyed. It was very comfortable. Which is what we have come to expect from Hampton Inn.

Left two items in the room and was able to get back only one. Front desk said they returned only one & made no effort to recheck w housekeeping..

Clean & confortable rooms!

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The rooms are very nice and comfortable. However, the elevators were broken and i had a very large suite case with a room on the second floor on the opposite side. It was in a private area, but we had a ton of neighbors so it wasn't nicely spread out. The breakfast was awful... everything was undercooked. My BF is a chef, so he didn't eat it which was unfortunate because we really needed food for our day lol. Your pool is really nice yet, thank you - I think we'll stick to our Airbnb's on the beach, because we paid $70/night and $125 for that place is a lot. We just needed to be closer to the airport for standby. Thanks again, I'm happy to answer any further questions. Safe travels!

Booked the Hampton with family who has younger kids and wanted a place that served breakfast. The continental breakfast was awful there was no meat, over cooked bagel bites, eggs and oatmeal. Spoke with the person at the front desk she seemed unapologetic and could offer no real solution. The rooms were clean but the hotel seemed a bit old and dated. Definitely subpar far a Hilton Brand Hotel.

I paid 334.00 and my room was very very small no microwave no mini fridge.Nothing!! I didn't not get the room I seeb online at all

The breakfast was the best part if the trip

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Cockroach in bathroom. Carpet felt mildewy (should not have carpet that close to the pool), and needed new paint on doors and walls.

The pool area was great! Nice hot tub too.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Paid for poolside view an shrubbery was grown out of control to where pool is unseen an i feel as a customer that information should of been displayed before paying for a room that states pool side when truly there was a jungle

• Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

More protein options for breakfast would have been nice. On our last stay ,it was eggs and more eggs the rest was all carbs. Definitely not a deal breaker when deciding on staying here, but a nice to have. Thanks!

The entire stay was perfect. Everyone was accommodating and helpful. The room size was excellent for 5 people, plenty of room for everyone! Breakfast was great! Waffles were a hit with the teens. It was close to everything and centrally located. The pool was big and it had a jacuzzi. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Staff somewhat rude as I booked thru booking.com not as Hilton honors made us wait for room until 4 no vending machine and the snack store in lobby was empty

Beds pillow comfortable

The atmosphere is very pleasant, the room comfortable and clean as well as the surroundings of the hotel. It is also accessible to stores like, Target and Sam's and is 21 minutes from Clearwater Beach. The staff is very nice.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were roaches all over the room. Killed at least 7 in one night. The room was very dark, it smelled , and was very run down. I couldn’t sleep with thought of roaches crawling everywhere. Would not recommend this motel and will never return.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Roaches, WiFi connection was poor. The breakfast was just okay. They need to get another waffle mix it wasn't good. How about real scramble eggs and real sausage

The space of the room

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bathroom was very small. We could barely get in an out of it because the door was so close to the toilet. The free wi-fi never worked the whole time we were there and the tv channel choices were very minimal compared to what I've seen. The breakfast was good, but not the best I've had. Overall for what we usually pay for this kind of hotel, it was not the best.

The room was big and the beds were comfy! We liked our window and the view towards the pool. The pool area was very nice, too! We thought there was a sofa bed and fridge in our room and there was not, but the staff quickly got us one anyway! The location was great with a Sams, Walmart and lots of restaurants nearby! Easy drive to Clearwater beach and the aquarium.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I killed 2 roaches in our room. The bathroom was also not remodeled correctly. Covering tile mistakes or moldy grout with white silicone messily just doesn’t cut it. Do it right and earn a good reputation.

The hot tub would have been great to use, but it was cold and raining

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View

The advertised hotel used pictures of a different location. The bathroom was not clean or well kept. The room had no fridge (as advertised, we travel with milk for an infant) when we asked for one we waited 2 days for it. I requested a crib and they never provided one.

I think the carpets in the room are a little damp, I would like to see the carpets replaced. The Wifi is spotty on the phone but on a tablet worked fine. The housekeeping was very good and took good care of the room daily.

The location was ideal based on what we had planned for the week.

Room was roach infested with spiders and small gnats. All of my friends also had roaches and other insects in their rooms.

Breakfast was poor and bed was hard.

I reserved 3 rooms, They refused to honor the 3rd reservation for a non-smoking room and charged me for the full reservation on the handicap room I reserved but had to leave due to them not honoring 3rd reservation for ns room. The front desk was rude when the first room checked in and wasn't going to honor an early checked they charged for.

Housekeeping staff was friendly, efficient and helpful.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Old, needed remodeled , noisey, poor property layout, only one elevator, I reported maintenance issue and got a curt response..will not recommend not stay in a Hampton Inn if this is their Standard.

Pool area, breakfast and landscaping

Overall the place looks just tired-This building is "old school"probably from the middle 1960's or early 70's. It probably has not been updated in 5-6 years stuff is worn out. After talking to staff we were told the in the near future the property was to be either torn down or receive a major remodeling to include inside corridor access to rooms among other things. The room cleanliness overall was mediocre the shower/tub looked like the "mold" has been freshly caulked over. The laminate flooring in front of the lavatory was peeling and the threshold from the laminate into the shower/tub area was not fastened down if you stepped on it it would stick to your feet and come up. The carpet was filthy if you walked barefooted your feet would be black. We wore socks or shoes any time we were on the carpet. We have stayed at Hampton Inns over the years and it is almost always our first choice in lodging but maybe it's time to rethink and look at other options.

Some of the staff were friendly others not so .Great breakfast selection. Nice pool and landscaping. Lots of highway traffic noise both night and day unless you are way at the back!

Not having an elevator to get to the 2nd floor. It's an older Hampton, but kept up very well.

The employees were very accommodating & polite, the breakfast was delicious & the room very comfortable. Enjoyed the large patio near the pool where we could have coffee & read the paper each a.m.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Room was very tired and in need of update. Bath badly needed to be redone and we killed at least a half dozen bugs in it! Ran out of breakfast sausage early and substituted Kielbasa, not very tasty for breakfast.

Pool are was nice and well cared for.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable, not enough blanket. The room had a mildew odor. The carpet was moist and sticky. Mosquitoes in the bathroom. The light switch by the entrance did not turn any lights on. Had to search in the dark to find the button on the light fixture.

The breakfast was great.

That hotel is a disgrace to the Hilton name I would not live in a dwelling like that never mind find that a hotel like that was actually open The only reason I'stayed was because booking. com would not let me cancel and we were in a hurry to get to a concert I will contact Hilton also

pillow cases were dirty & had stains on them. i also found cockroaches. water in sink kept standing. bathroom too tiny.

included breakfast was good.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Breakfast not as good as I remember in the past: cold eggs, no meat, sweet rolls partly frozen. The pool was too cold to really enjoy!

The bed was very comfy. Shower very hot . Staff wonderful. I was in Clearwater to visit my 80 year old Aunt ; we were able to visit for a few hours in the lounge. Very nice! Robust coffee was great!

Everything was great with exception of wi fi.. Battled it for 3 days. Finally gave up. Not the easiest access to arrive at. Still a bit confusing even though I've stayed here several times.

MARY working breakfast room on Christmas and day after was above awesome.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Communication I wasn't told I needed to ask by 9pm the night I check in for my room to be service. But the front deck got me extra towels and garbage bags. Also my linens including the pillows smell liked they were not clean.

Convenience to where I was visiting. The breakfast and the staff were excellent.

beds need to be replaced .not at all confortable. found live and dead roaches in room, conplained at desk and they said they knew complex needed to be sprayed again

eggs ok, fruit not so good no varaity. water did not look clean in pool

Hotel property is old and showing signs of age. Do not like outside entry to rooms. People continuing to sit outside my room on steps smoking cigarettes and marijuana.

Price

The room was just too small for my family of five. Another thing is having to go up stairs we all you luggage is challenging. Breakfast at the main building was not the best situation either.

The suites were better after we requested a room change. The pool area was great.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

You guys need shower chairs for plus size quest I am a 500lb. Above the knee amputee an the shower chair you guys have is for a 250lb person I sat in it an it like to gave in "smh"

The outside didn't match the inside. The building can definitely use a paint job and remodel. The rooms were remodeled and made you feel like you were in a completely different hotel.

Bed was comfortable and the room was the perfect amount of clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Woke up Saturday morning with a roach on the bed and up killing two. Went to the front desk and they send someone to spray and change all the lining we we’re gone the whole day and when we came back we saw more roaches.Went back to the front desk they moved us again and as soon as we finish moving everything ughhhh another roach on the wall and nightstand..

The receptionist we’re very polite....

Too many people just hanging out in the parking areas, sitting on their cars and watching your every move. I saw roaches in my room. Property very old! No refrigerator, no microwave. Walkways, elevator, corridors all pretty dirty.

the bed was comfortable. The towels were fluffy.

Cleaner, Safer Door Closure- did not close correctly, no frig in room

Very Difficult to Find. No restaurants in walking distance. Outdated everything, old and dreary. I often stay at Hampton Inn, and thought since it is a Hilton Property, there would be a higher level of cleanliness, but perhaps it used to be some kind of motel... really not great,

Pool lounge chairs were not great. Didn't swim. Water too cold. Over all, not as nice as other Hamptons we've stayed at. We were a little disappointed.No fridge in room to keep anything cold.

Breakfast was good. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• 1 KING MOBILITY/HEARING ACC RI SHOWER NON-SMOK

I didn’t feel clean or comfortable in this property. The room was clean (not a maid service issue at all) but the room was just so old and very “1970s motel” in feel that I just didn’t enjoy it at all. Also, what is going on with all of the plastic that these hotels are still using!!! It is appalling!!! Plastic wrap in EVERYthing. It’s an environmental crime!

It wasn’t great. I won’t lie.

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View

nothing, no complaints.

very nice hotel and rooms. i stayed there 3 nights because of Hurricane Irma knocking our power out. Had my dogs with me also, property is very pet friendly. dogs all over the place but making virtually no noise. the pool area is amazing. they have a small pool with a waterfall which keeps the water cold. so nice considering with the heat this summer every other pool is about 90 degrees or hotter. i could have just laid in that pool all night and day. i wish they had a monthly pass, i would pay just to use the pool area.

I stayed in this hotel during hurricane Irma. They overal experience was good . Their service was good . But the shower towel and bed sheets was really really smelly. I couldn’t sleep comfortably jus because of the smell

The room was clean and looked nice but the toilet/tub area needs a make over very soon. The tub and toilet is very old and the tub drained slow so it filled with water during a shower. This are was not that clean

I did not know the property was motel style. Very rare for Hampton Inn...a little disappointing that it's not known up front

bed and pillows were terrible.....old hotel with outside rooms.....was on my honeymoon and it was a terrible experience....staff at front desk was very rude

breakfast

No microwave or fridge in room. So had buy soda from front desk at $2 a bottle. Also, mistake to get 2nd floor as all ice, soda etc. Located on main floor.

Good location to malls and restaurants, though next to US 29 room was quiet. Beds very comfortable, with lots of USB ports throughout the room.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

vent makes constant noise at times sound like a washing machine on spin cycle. not to good for sleeping. no way to turn off the noise.

hotel and staff did best they could under circumstances, hurricane irma.

The only complaint was when we arrived at our room 118 there were small roaches in the bathroom and on top of the table. I killed 3 in all. After our first day we did not see any on the 2nd day.

The hotel staff and pricing was great. We booked for 3 nights and had to leave due to personal issues after the 2nd night and we were not charged for the 3rd night, we loved that. The comfort was great as well. Convenient Location.

I didn't like that there was no frig or microwave and the person at the front desk stated that it was a regular room (king size) and if I want to upgrade it would cost me another $15 bucks. Also my special request went on notice.

I didn't like the bushes/trees in the parking lot hanging over my car. I know it doesn't belong to the property but I believe that should be cut by property hired landscaping. I believe that should not be looking like a wild life forest!! Please cut the trees/bushes off the property and it will not be hanging on people cars.

Breakfast was great!! The jacuzzi was perfect 🤗🤗I wish it was big enough for everyone😉

Not much wrong with it. Exterior hallways worked for us - felt like an old school beach motel - but if you want a bit more secure feeling perhaps not for you.

Standard Hampton Inn Breakfast/parking/value price - Exactly what you expect and need from them. Pool is large and has a waterfall and well landscaped, though we were just passing through and didn't need it.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Many roaches in the bathroom during the night, unable to keep food stocked during breakfast rush (waffle mix and bacon), ran out of mini bottles of lotion, and dirty patio area.

The pool was big and they had complementary breakfast

The fact that we had to switch rooms at 630 at night because air conditioner was leaking all over the place, then we get a pool view room and the tub doesn't drain right then the sink didn't drain.i told man at desk and all he could say is I will let maintenance know.and being in the pool view room at 730 in morning was woke up by children playing on slide.did not enjoy my stay at all.no refrigerator was not good either.the bad thing my friends traveled there from key west and didn't enjoy their stay either

The pool and hot tub were nice

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The bed was too soft and my back hurt every morning. The Hot tub was very cloudy and a little green. I wanted to go in to try to release the back pain but was a scared to because of the condition.

I have stayed at Hampton Inns for many years when I traveled and have been disappointed over the last few years with the inconsistency of quality at the various H. I's. Some have been very good while others leave a lot to be desired. True, I should have read the description of the room more closely, but would like to have had a refrig &?or microwave. There was no radio, alarm clock or even soap dish in the room which I consider standard. I doubt that I will just automatically book a Hampton Inn in the future.

The grounds were very nice. I enjoyed the pool area. Lots of seating, enjoyed the spa & waterfall. I stayed in room 195. I do not know the name of the housekeeper for my room, but she was very friendly and thorough & always left little towel animals on my bed. I really appreciated her.

also I asked for an extra pillow and was told they only had down pillows, unsure of what that meant, only know I didn't get the pillow.

beds comfortable, pillows nice and firm. noticed some bugs in room first night, went to front desk and they were more focused on credits and points instead of dealing with issue. If they would have told me they would have maintain treat I probably would have been satisfied. Ultimately I asked for another room which they accommodated. there was no refrigerator in room asked for location of ice machine to be told ALL ice makers were down. Temperatures were in the high 80's. Final they were able to get a small refrigerator for us.

The property needs renovation. The bathtub had blattering paint. Check-in was terrible: at 5 pm room was not available. They have washing facilities, but they cannot change for quarters. During our short visit in US, we visited 3 Hampton Inn's. This one was definitely the worst. Don't expect the same as in others here

Close enough to the beach

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The carpet in my room (180) was very moist. I did not like that. You could smell the mold when you walk into the room.

I love the beds and the sheets and the shower! Very comfy.

• Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

not a huge fan of carpet in hotels, would prefer "wood" floors or tile. hotel is next to strip club.....

liked the layout of the room. pool area was awesome. comes with continental breakfast from 6-10 a.m.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Room was not ready when we arrived had to wait an hour and 30 min more before they got us one. Also air conditioner in room didn't seem to be working properly so it was a restless, stuffy night. Breakfast wasn't very good but we survived with the pastries. I think they should definitely lower the price or offer better accommodations.

Close to the beach and had a great pool for the kids

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was very old & not up dated. Looks like you took over some other hotel & have not remodel this one .

The overall hotel was not up to par as most Hampton inns we have stayed at

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We prefer to b looking at the pool; just an error in booking last time.

the location is close for us; the hotel is clean; the price is affordable; the pool😎; the breakfast in the AM

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Staff was not very helpful at the front desk when I checked in. There was a mix up on the reservations as hotel mentioned booking.com did not send them notification of my reservation

Convenience of location

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The water pressure was abysmal, both in shower and bathroom sink! Couldn't clean my razor very well and the temperature was no higher than Luke warm! For an ADA room (which I requested) it met minimum standards! The bed was not comfortable as middle sagged and edges we're extremely hard! The pillows reminded me of what I got when I went to boot camp in Great Lakes, IL (thin and of poor quality)! The bedspread was an extremely heavy duvet style which was terribly hot and uncomfortable! (If you are the type to turn your room temperature down to 50-60° then you would be set with the bedspread.) For what we paid for our two nights I should had picked another chains hotel fairly close to where this hotel was! At least I knew the quality was there for the money we spent! We will not be returning to this facility in the future! Very disappointing for $200 (and not in season)!!!!

Breakfast was better than most hotels in this class!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The pool wasnt heated. Housekeeping needs to vacuum the dead bugs off the floor. Roaches scared me.

Both rooms had dead large roaches and the king suite had live small roaches in the bathroom. Room 102. The heated pool was cold.The people are awesome! Liz and William are the best at the Front Desk. The breakfast attendant made the Breakfast experience perfect!

The bathroom seemed a little small. The light switch being on the outside of the shower and toilet area. There was also some cracking on the tub surface and some light water damage on the wall were the water was able to get out around the shower curtain it seemed a little small for the unit.

The place was fairly easy to get into and out of on the highway.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

There was a mix up at check in. Booking.com says 3 but its actually 4. Had to waot an hour for our room to be ready.

The waterfall pool was awesome. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The room was sub-standard for a Hampton. It obviously has recently been changed from a low end budget motel. That's not what I signed up for. We''ve been staying at Hamptons for decades & this experience changed how I think about Hampton Inns. Very disappointing. It was a really important family event & it didn't feel like vacation. I would rather have been at home.

The pool & outdoor proportion of the property.

Extremely difficult to access Wi-Fi on both my phone and my laptop. Trashcans in the downstairs area and outside overflowed. Lobby restrooms were not cleaned. Paper all over the floor.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Maybe would like a small refrig in the room. My boyfriend is a diabetic. So we had to keep getting ice for his insulin.

The breakfast was delicious & a wonderful variety. My cousin loved the coffee. My boyfriend have stayed at various Hilton/ Hampton Inns & we feel they r great ESP for the price. We luv the pools! Accomidations r very cozy & comfortable!!! 🙂😊

This facility has a major infestation of roaches and bed bugs. We ened up leaving in the middle of the night because my daughter had been bitten a dozen times by bed bugs.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

I felt like I spent my vacation time in a motel 8, rather than a Hampton--not what I signed up for. Totally changed my attitude toward Hampton, which we've been staying at for years. Not anymore though. Really felt lousy being there. This was an important family event that can't be repeated. I trusted our visit to Hampton and was sorely disappointed. Won't make that mistake twice.

The bed

Not the caliber of property that I expect from Hampton Inn. I took a bath before going to bed and just walking around the room I had to wash my feet the next morning. Carpets need cleaning. Also our next door neighbors are banging on doors at 3 a.m. The property wasn't very busy ... I think guests could have been separated out a bit more.

It was convenient to US19 and the staff was very nice.

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Beds were not up to Hampton Standards. The woman with short hair and glasses that works the desk was miserable, to the point where I asked her if she were having a bad day. I was overcharged for the accommodations.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was tired looking, the water flow in the shower was very light. The water had a bad smell. We would have preferred bottled water as there was none. Needs an overhaul.

Breakfast was well stocked, food was fresh, staff was busy restocking often.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

When we entered the room ( 118 ) I proceeded to use the bathroom, turned on the light and several live roaches were crawling on the floor / wall / carpet and in the bathroom sink.

It was in a convenient location.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Queen Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

There was a very loud group of people with children running up and down outside our door, banging on our door. The front desk was very nice but so busy no one could do anything for hours. We had to be up at 6:00 am for an athletic event. 2 nights of this along with the roaches, caused us to check out early and check in elsewhere.