Reviews of Hampton Inn Closest to Universal Orlando 2 stars

5621 Windhover Drive, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#60 of 487 hotels in Orlando

A very nice place to stay near Universal Studios.

The inroom coffee maker is only for a single cup. But, there is coffee 24/7 in the lobby area.

Everything we saw or used was excellent. The room was spacious and comfortable. The surroundings were nice. The price was good.

Great visut

Breakfast was good but a bit dull. Not really a complaint just thought it could have used a flavoring for coffee and a ice machine for cups.

We were missing the remote to the TV and when notified they quickly brought one. Just one example of the great service.

A nice get-away....

Everything was great.

Room, bed and breakfast. Coffee was very good. Everyone at the front desk was super nice. I would definitely stay there again. Very close to Universal.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Everything was awesome.

Everything was awesome. Nice location, wonderful staff and clean. They even provided the extra cleaning of the room I asked for because my lil guy is allergic to pn/tn and has severe asthma and environmental allergies. Cannot say enough good things.

Practically perfect

Only thing I could say is that the air conditioning in the rooms could be better, we had it on full blast and it didn’t really bring the temperature down, otherwise no problems at all!

We loved staying at this hotel. Firstly, we were allowed to check in three hours early with no problem at all which we were very grateful for due to being rather tired after a week at Disney! Room was very clean and beds comfy, the note and Hershey’s kisses left by the cleaner was a lovely touch. Breakfast was divine, so much choice and I could eat those waffles everyday for the rest of my life! The shuttle to Universal (which also goes to Epcot, SeaWorld and Holy Land) is really simple and easy to use, just turn up at the allotted time and the driver will ask if you want to be booked onto the return trip. Reception staff were also incredibly lovely, especially Melanie who gave us a free drink and snacks when our taxi took a long time to turn up! Overall staying at this hotel was a really positive experience.

I think for the price it should have had better quality but it was just okay.

Air wouldn't really cool the room. The room constantly felt damp. Beds and pillows were very uncomfortable.

Breakfast was okay. We could make waffles.

Cheap place to stay for a few Days!

The Bathtubs drains need to be cleaned out ... Slow Drain the the Sink as well . Fan didnt work took hot showers and the steam went nowhere not enough ventilation

Close to Universal Studios

Our stay was outstanding

All was great no negatives

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and most of all they were fun. Melanie was a peach,as her knowledge of the area was extremely helpful

Nice place to stay in Orlando when you come to play.

The only recommendation is bottled water should be available to guests when asked. I appreciate the coffee and tea available all the time but this hotel is in Orlando, FL and it gets very hot. There was water in the room when we first arrived but we were there a couple of days. Another bottle would have been good.

The hotel was nice. Very clean. The location was within walking distance to several restaurants. The breakfast was good. I liked the coffee and tea ready all the time. The fresh cookies in the evening was a nice touch. So were the towels folded like swans in our bathroom. Sweet touch! I highly recommend this hotel. A shout out to our housekeeper, Kaire, who kept the room super clean. The desk staff were awesome, too. Very knowledgeable about the area.

I would like to express my gratitude towards the extremely...

I would like to express my gratitude towards the extremely helpful staff who were willing to search for my son’s toy that was left behind and send it by post to our next location. Thank you again from all of us! Also, the availability of coffee and tea all day long was very nice.

for value and convenience to Universal Resort, I'd stay there again.

Inroom refrig was noisy. Nearby guest noise near midnight was annoying.

Included breakfast was good start to the day. Staff was very professional and friendly.

The stay was comfortable and at par with expectations.

No disposable soft toothbrush provided as amenities, unlike L'Fisher Hotel in Bacolod City, Philippines.

The beds were firmly comfortable & loved that there are 4 pillows per queen bed 👍

Comfy, cozy, friendly.

Better coffee for the coffee pots in the rooms. Would rather have a name brand I am familiar with, ie, Maxwell House or Green Mountain. Sorry, in-room coffee always taste terrible. Needs to have a milder coffee too. I do not like strong coffee....

Always love the Belgian waffles for breakfast and they even had sugar free syrup! What I loved was one staff was helping me at breakfast and she said, Oh you are back!...like she remembered me from a past trip. She was there then too! Very sweet! Bed and pillows so comfy!

Had a great stay would come again.

For us the shuttle bus service wasn’t great we arrived to late for the first shuttle and would have had to wait an extra one and half hours so we took our own car, the whole purpose of booking with the Hampton was for the shuttle service. We still had a great time but think you should have a few more buses in the morning.

I would stay at this hotel again.

I have no complaints :)

When we checked in our room was not ready. The staff checked in our luggage and said it would be put it in our room when it was ready because we knew we would be gone all day at the Magic Kingdom. That was a great comfort because I knew we would come back tired and lugging our luggage would have been too much for us to handle. The complimentary breakfast was very convenient and yummy too. Thank you for having a very friendly staff who were more than willing to answer any questions we had.

This is a very good hotel in a great location!

The bathroom wasn't as clean as I would have hoped. It wasn't dirty! It just wasn't thoroughly cleaned. Also, I wish there was an ice machine on the 5th floor.

Free breakfast was great and the staff was absolutely amazing. It is located very close to universal studios, there are a plethora of dining and shopping areas that surround the hotel. When I return to Orlando, this will be my home away from home again!

see above

Had asked for quiet rooms away from small children, elevators, ice machines. The first night our friends were kept awake by small children in the room next to theirs.

see above

Stopping by

we only stayed one night, we were there for 13 hours. not long enough to not enjoy anything.

everything was very clean. i'm a total germaphobe a i was surprised to see how clean the hotel was because usually inexpensive means not clean

NIce place to rest after long day at the theme parks.

Can hear others conversations while in the hallway.

Was a great stay very pleasant staff. Our fridge wasn't working they brought a new one up right away. Love the breakfast, coffee avaiable thur out the day.Lots of plugs in room. Very clean room.Will be staying again.

great start but in the end underwhelming.

The staff, and the fact that my hotel room stunk and the ground was wet and they had to move me to another hotel.

Breakfast was good and the beds comfortable, but I had a problem with my room and they had to put me in a different hotel.

I can always count on Hampton Inn to be a pleasant stay.

The tub in the shower felt warped or sunken in on the bottom. Basically i think it needed replacing. Didn't like the shower head.

The front desk staff was very nice and friendly.

Great Airport when going to Universal Studios.

Breakfast selection was limited for someone who eats Paleo, although eggs and meat were available. Our bathroom light automatically turned on the fan - caused a bit of noise when we didn't want it. The tub had a strange slope to it that made standing in the shower difficult. We both either straddled the slope or turned sideways.

The staff at this hotel are very helpful. We asked for recommendations for a place to eat and got several good suggestions. The shuttle to Universal is easy to take. Lyft /Uber are nearby as well. There was coffee 24/7 - a real bonus. The hotel also provides amenities when we forget things. Lastly, although there is no guest laundry facility in the hotel, I was helped to find a place to dry our clothes (after a VERY wet day at Island of Adventure).

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at

I asked not to be put in a room next to the elevator, but I was. The reservationists said it was because I was checking in at around 12AM.

The location is central to attractions, I-95, and restaurants. The beds were soooooo comfortable. This is the first time that I've stayed at a hotel and the continental breakfast was really good. The staff was friendly and interactive. They made sure that everyone was taken care of. The eggs actually were extra fluffy and did not need salt, perfect! You could tell that the staff serving breakfast really cared. I would definitely stay here again.

Excellent maid service with creative touch.

The shuttle to universal was unimpressive. He was late picking us up didn't go in to the lobby for the other guests. Car not big enough for all of us. Pick up at universal was crazy. He was late and there were a lot of people waiting. I ended up getting a taxi.

Excellent maid service with creative touch. The breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The hotel is located close to Universal studios.

The hotel is located close to Universal studios. Hotel provides a shuttle to the parka nearby. The hotel is good value and it the staff is very friendly. The location however is close to the Turnpike which gives some noise at night. Our room was located om the third Floor, nearest to the highway. Clean and fresh hotel with complimentary breakfast. Recommended for visit to Universal.

Would stay here again!

I didn't like that when I booked the reservation I was asked for my preferences as to location of room and time of check in and yet none of them were honored.

All of the staff were exceptionally nice and attentive.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Hampton Inn is a winner! Perfect for Universal and Sea World

Maybe add the breakfast option for sunny side up or over easy eggs?

Breakfast was included and really good. The waffles and "robust" coffee were excellent. There were so many places to plug USB devices in the room too

WrestleMania weekend with the family!

The room was really clean. Beds were fluffy with clean linen. The staff was courteous and friendly. The breakfast was setup up by 6 am with a nice selection of breakfast foods. It was an overall great hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

One week not enough

Not being able to stay longer.

All of the staff from the maids to the front desk and the people working the breakfast acted as though they couldn't do enough to make sure we were having a good time. I had a family of 11 their from 7 to 67 and we all had a great time. The pool was heated and the weather turned chilly but the kids still were able to enjoy the outdoor pool. After 3 days at universal we were ready for something else and the front desk helped us plan our day with discounts and no lines. Thank You

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Everything was great.

Everything was great. The staff, Cameron especially, was so sweet. The rooms were comfortable, well thought out and clean! The breakfast was perfect for families because the kids felt at home. You noticed the staff´s hard work and efforts. We felt comfortable and the value was great!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Location and clean .

Lady who checked me in was not very helpful. Very noisy .. Early in morning and around midnight too. Heard every door around me open and close ... I wish it wasn't that way.. would have a great stay if not for that .

Location and clean ... comfy beds .. free tea , coffee and hit chocolate .. great breakfast .

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great Bang for the Buck & LOVE the grey modern furniture.

Rooms were very modern and recently remodeled. Clean and comfortable. We were headed to Pro Bowl at the Camping World Stadium which didn't take but 10-15 minutes to get to. I would recommended if looking for places to stay near Universal, shopping at the outlet malls, or headed to Camping World Stadium it's a great place to stay. Glad we didn't stay closer to the Stadium(it's not in the best area). Breakfast was great and they also had cookies freshly baked shortly after check-in. Nearby they have Hooters, IHOP, KFC, Taco Bell, House of Kobe, and Starbucks that we could have walked to that I noticed.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Everything was fine.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - accommodations were wonderful - breakfast was awesome - check in was a breeze.

Excellent customer Service!
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Excellent customer Service!

Everything was perfect

Everything was perfect

would not stay there again

The breakfast and the staff

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

5 star.

Everyone was friendly and exceptional.

Great location and friendly front desk...good clean rooms.

Location, cleanliness and staff

Location, cleanliness and staff

It was average stay.

Very easy to hear noise in hallways, comforter to heavy, frig made weird noise

Great location,friendly staff,comfortable sleep.

Perfect location to universal. Great hot breakfast every morning, clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Recommendable stay

Good Hotel close to shopping and attractions.very friendly staff.

We will definitely be back !

Can’t think of anything

The breakfast was amazing. Loved the waffles and the omelettes !

We were in Orlando visiting our son and we were very pleased...

We were in Orlando visiting our son and we were very pleased with the hotel, the room and overall pleasantness of all the staff.

Shuttle to universal studios orlando

Shuttle service needs more pick up and drop off time's.

Close to universal studios

I did not know we had free WiFi also i am a hilton honors...

Staff

I did not know we had free WiFi also i am a hilton honors but was not greeted as one nor did we get any special treatment.

Excellent breakfast.

Excellent breakfast. Staff was friendly and rooms were good for the value

I make a mistake in the reservation, but the personal help...

I make a mistake in the reservation, but the personal help me, very nice.

No ATM

No ATM

The fake eggs were awful.

The fake eggs were awful. The property was ok. It was not easy to find off the interstate. The breakfast was not good at all.

Close to the parks

Staff friendliness

Close to the parks

Clean, good coffee

Clean, good coffee

excellent for one night stay

Really there is nothing negative to say about this place

So much to eat at breakfast. Omlets were delicious

Great staff & breakfast!

Great staff & breakfast!

Great stay!

Need to have bacon for breakfast

The front desk people were outstanding!

Very nice hotel

Nice beds

Would book again..

Pool temperature warmer.

All staff are wonderful. Bed and linens very comfortable. Very convenient location.

Ideal for universal which is only 20 mins walk or free shuttle

Great location and friendly staff

Very very clean and was great customer service
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Eggs

The bed very comfortable and staff very kind, really there to help you with whatever you need. I loved that

Breakfast was good and staff was awesome

Breakfast was good and staff was awesome

Usual Hampton standard

All good.

Wonderful

The pool

The receptionist was great.

Very comfortable and good value for cost

Smell of the hallways

Bed was extremely comfortable

Would definitely stay here again.

The breakfast was very good. Had a nice variety for the family!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Great!

Conveniently located! This hotel was 7-8 minutes away from everywhere we went via Uber. Also the rooms were very spacious.

Breakfast was great and staff very friendly.

Breakfast was great and staff very friendly. Comfortable bed and very lean.

The breakfast

The breakfast

Great hotel! Great value !

There was nothing I didnt like

Very nice hotel , safe and clean . We would definintely stay there again ! Close to everything

Clean, Service, Location and Value!

Clean, Service, Location and Value!!

Very comfortable bed!

Very comfortable bed!

Close to universal and that offer shuttle to the parks

Close to universal and that offer shuttle to the parks

Supet pleased

I liked everything. I was very pleased and will stay here again when in town.

Super clean and vety comfortable

Second time there, and definitely would return again.

The shower head was very loose to the wall and the bathroom ceiling overall needed refinishing.

The pillows were extra fluffy! I love pillows.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Love this hotel

Wish I could have stayed an extra day.

Great food and customer service.

Orlando Magic

Staff super helpful, breakfast excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No complaints about it

Rooms so clean and a great breakfast with a bus transportation