Reviews of Hampton Inn College Park 3 stars

9670 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD 20740, USA

#1 of 8 hotels in College Park

Nothing to say here.

The staff was so very helpful. I had to change my original dates and they did it so nicely. My son had to send a fax for his business and they did that so efficiently. Breakfast was very nice and had many selections. My husband and I and 2 grown sons enjoyed our stay and all contact with the staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The indoor pool was fine, but pretty cold.

The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think the lobby should have more of a sitting area that’s about it

The staff made the experience great for me. They were super nice and professional and made my stay comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool area was old, indoor pool was NOT heated. Breakfast room was full to capacity 2 of our 3 nights. Very noisy guests in hallway and rooms - talking on phones, yelling at one another.

Easy check-in/check-out. Breakfast was good - fresh, with a variety of choices. Room was clean, partially updated. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• King Bed with Whirlpool-Non-Smoking

Noisy children & paper thin walls, don’t mix. Requested a different room in a quieter location and wasn’t able to. service wasn’t that great. Room was right next door to elevator which sucked n combination with the noisey children

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness was a little lacking. The hotel in general appeared a lil run down?? Broken toilet paper holder in lobby bathroom, piece of trash on the floor in front of the desk. A random hair found in the bathroom that I am pretty sure wasn't mine...Seemed short staffed with lots of events going on. Back door wasn't working. Indoor heated pool was NOT heated so we were unable to use it. Noisy guests in the room beside us, had to complain 2x before they finally got "quieter". No discount was offered for the aggravation. No other room was available to move to. So we just had to deal with it. I feel as if I overpaid to be honest. I have come to expect more from the Hilton family of hotels. This one seemed as if it could use a bit of TLC.

The beds are like resting in a cloud. The pillows are the perfect squishable texture. Front desk manager Quen was friendly. Unending supply of free water bottles and provided me with forgotten toiletry item. Staff were all friendly despite being spread a bit thin. Room smelled really good. Well stocked toiletries, towels etc.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

My sheets were not changed. i could still see hair on my sheetscold air blows through the window and we couldn't sit by the table because it was too cold.

the room was family friendly nice pillows and the bed was cozy.

• King Bed with Whirlpool-Non-Smoking

Our room was right next to the elevator even though I requested away from foot traffic, but because I got the jacuzzi room I guess they didn’t have any in the back of the hotel. However imagine relaxing in ya wonderful tub and u can hear the elevator ding. Also because we were literally the first room, lots of people were banging on the wall and door.

We got a room with a jacuzzi, it definitely met my standards on that part. The breakfast was also good. Also since we stayed the whole weekend, Sunday was half off

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

The staff was so friendly and helpful .. the bed was very comfortable .. the breakfast was excellent.. parking and location so good .. every thing was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The tub was a little narrow on the bottom to stand in.

Convince, and access for kids in the lounge for breakfast. Watched the EAGLES win playoff game in the lobby.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathtubs weirdly curved on floor, door lock didn’t work consistently with keycard but staff said locks were scheduled to be changed, could use more seating at breakfast

Comfy beds, great breakfast with lots of options, easy parking, lots of restaurant options nearby

The room was clean, the bed was really comfortable. The staff was very helpful I even asked the young lady working the desk to help me connect to the internet to order Lyft. She didn't hesitate to offer additional assistance.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

I didn't like the temp in the bathroom in the room. Too cold!

The room's temp is very cold in the bathroom. The heat does not reach that room. The breakfast was very good. The room was clean and the food was always refilled.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The TV was not working properly (intermittent lost of signal) and it could not be fixed during our stay of 3 nights. Some staff were not very welcoming.

Good breakfast and relatively close to attractions in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The IHOP next door had very poor/bad service. No problems at all with the hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast at the hotel was very good my family enjoyed it. We had a lot of family who stayed there as well, we were there for a wedding, the staff made sure that all our needs were meet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping staff during morning very loud with personal issues by 9am they were approaching rooms for cleaning therefore if you are not there for business your sleep is disturbed

The Hotel is very clean quiet beds comfortable great breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A reading chair would have been welcome. The "elevator has arrived" bell was much louder than most, and was an annoyance during the night. The toilet did not refill reliably after flushing - I repeatedly had to open the toilet back to manually seat the flush valve so the toilet would stop running.

Good location, cable service is through Comcast Business, which means MASN is available (something I appreciated as a Nats fan).

One females, bangs too long (she struggled to look through them) and hair too rachet, gave my partner attitude when he asked for change to pay our cab for the day.

I was greeted with smiles.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom could have been cleaner.

Having refrigerator and microwave in room was convenient, a necessity. Free breakfast was fantastic. Lots of variety, fresh food. Pleasant clean eating area. Waffles my favorite.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was cloudy and the pool room was so hot we couldn't stand to stay in there. Pool deck was super slippery and dirty. There was a party going on in a conference room and the music was so loud we could hear it on the third floor. There was someone smoking in the room across the hall from our room.

room was large and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Insufficient parking but it was free (and a wedding reception was being held that evening). Room was too cold (but easily adjustable) and bed too soft for me personally; no morning paper available

Prime location right off the interstate and on the main road with multiple commercial establishments at walking distance

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpets in the hallway were worn and covered in a sandy grit. The carpets in the room were sticky. The carpet next to the fridge was wet which meant that the fridge was leaking. The whole entry and common area smelled like chlorine. The gym was lacking and the pool looked dirty. Turning in to the hotel is difficult coming in from the south side of the street.

The bathroom and the shower in the room were clean and worked well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front office staff need to smile more to welcome all guests and need more helpful when asked about nearby restaurants and places to visit.

Comfy room and helpful maintenance staff who fix the lights in the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel parking is not safe! During the day somebody broke in my car while we were visiting colleges. Broken front driver seat glass..cameras did not see anything...I would not recommend this place!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fitness room could be a little bigger with actual weights or bands available.

I liked the quite and awesome location that worked great for why we were there. Friendly staff and rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioner was crazy noisy .

The beds were very comfortable. The room was nice and clean. Quiet. The breakfast was great with lots of choices. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some of the areas of the room need to be updated because there is severe wear. The tub could also have been cleaned somewhat better. However, it wasn't disgusting, so it was NOT a big deal.

The King bed in our room was extremely comfortable. I also like that the bathroom was roomy and you didn't feel confined when using it. The room was nice overall. There could be a few updates made from wear within and around the room. Overall, I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not enough chairs in the room (only one). There's a table but no chairs... Asked for another bed in the room but never got it (we've managed without it, eventually).

The location is great, 10 minutes drive from a metro station with indoor parking (5$ during the week, free on weekends and holidays). Parking in the hotel is free. Breakfast is as well. There's an indoor pool. There is a kitchenette in the rooms as well.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet was running in room and flishing on its own upon arrival. After my son used it, it flooded the room. Went downstairs to let staff know and was immediately placed into a new room.

Close to the highway, and stores. Attentive and courteous staff. Decent breakfast options of toast/bagle/English muffins, yogurt, fruit, (pre made) cheese omelette, sausages, cereal options, and waffles (You make). All day coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar was nice.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Little available parking & having to sign a paper swearing not to park in the adjacent bank lot was ridiculous

Functional. Not updated, but clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was on a very busy road so getting in and out was a bit hairy.

The staff was very efficient and thorough. Having coffee available 24/7 in the lobby was a big plus for me. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were spacious.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• King Bed with Whirlpool-Non-Smoking

Overall experience far below expectations for the price we paid. Lighting was bizzare, either warm lights or bright white, bed was hard as a rock, my daughter had to sleep in our king bed as rollaway was unbelievably uncomfortable. mirror on closet in room with jacuzzi not a great idea, my family didnt want to use it as no privacy. couch was not comfortable enough to pull out for sleep. Very loud in room heater. Breakfast looked awful, we opted to go out even though we paid for it. Pool did not look clean. There were a few guys loitering outside which made us uncomfortable.

Staff was friendly, they tried to help but some basics are missing. Pillows were good but bed was too hard. Looked like they tried to make some updates but basics were missed.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had to wait an extra 20 plus minutes to check-in because our room wasn't ready.

Staff was wonderful and accommodating. Suite was large and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My eleven year old used the pool and there was a bunch of hair in the water.

Overall, the Hampton Inn is good value for your money and the bonus is the breakfast they offer in the morning.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Everyone was very courteous. My room was very clean and comfortable. I did not eat the complementary breakfast due to lack of time, but it looked and smelled delicious. It was extremely close to the university, interstate, and many different dining options.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I reserved a room with 2 double beds, over 3 months ago. When we arrived at 3:00 (at the earliest check in) they didn't have the room we reserved. For a family of 4 we had to share a King size bed. They did bring us one single roll away bed. We were fine because we are a family with children and fit in that size bed and we all like each other! But seriously, what if a group reserved the same room and weren't comfortable sleeping in the same bed. They offered no compensation... they said we can check the hotel next door! If we wanted to stay at the hotel next door, we would if book it! We always stay at Hampton Inns because we like them! This particular hotel did not meet our usual expectations. The hotel smelled like a dirty dog on the 4th floor, and the hallways needed vacuumed. The cleaning staff left herself in without knocking while we were getting ready!

Very comfortable and clean beds.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was just OK. I had a bagel and it was stale, but they had a decent selection of hot and cold food.

Staff were wonderful and the rooms were big and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We love this hotel,family oriented,great staff,very very clean,has the greatest accomdation,close to everything,great breakfasts all in all WE STAY HERE ALL THE TIME WHEN IN TOWN WE LOVE THE HAMPTON INN IN COLLEGE PARK MD

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was the poorest Hampton I ever stayed in. I am Hilton Honors. I always prefer Hampton. The person at the front desk was simply overwhelmed. The phone was ringing off the hook. She had difficulty cimpleting a task because she constantly had to answer the phone. When she finally ignored the phone, take ringing of the unanswered calls was continuously annoyed. She could not find my reservation for some time. When she found it, she could not find my Hilton Homors account. I parked behind the hotel, but she told me I was not allowed to park there. She showed me a rough pencil drawn map showing me where one could not park near the hotel. When I moved my car, there was only one permissible space left. Hampton should have signed identifying where one should park, and not rely on a rough pencil drawn diagram. One of the two elevators was not functioning. Many guests were worried they were going to get stuck on it. The reception woman had no idea that the elevator was not working. While waiting for the one operable elevator, a couple with a room on the third floor said there was no electrical power in their room and that there bath tub did not drain. They ,like me, were shocked that a Hampton Inn was run so shoddily. Before this stay, I always rated HI very high and when choosing hotels, always prefer HI. My confidence in HI has been shaken. I am just starting a new business contract in College Park, but I will never again stay at the HI in CP. Very disappointing!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

Location wasn't the best. It sits right on a highway. Lots of traffic noise heard even in our 6th floor room. The premade omelets at the breakfast bar weren't that good.

Loved that there were 4 different types of pillows on the bed. Hubby loved that there was a feather one! He could have left his at home. Loved the staff. Front desk clerk was knowledgeable and helped us with a great local diner. She even wrote out great directions to the Fillmore in Silver Springs. Loved having a nice sized fridge, microwave and coffee maker right in the room. Loved the dark roasted coffee on the breakfast bar. They had regular too, but opted for the dark roasted. Wasn't disappointed.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

There was some kind of party while we were on the 3rd floor the music was and noise was SO loud the walls were pounding. I had just finished 8 hours of physical training and was so tired I just wanted to sleep not possible. Had to be up by 5am. Kids were screaming thru the lobby and halls and nothing was done.

Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Parking! Whenever they had an evening meeting in one of their conference rooms, the parking spaces disappeared. Also, please check with the front desk on where you can legally park. Interestingly, you can't park at the back of the hotel. Also, the Front Desk had no idea what to do with the pre-negotiated rate with Booking.com. I had to correct them with my receipt. Make sure you bring that as well.

Location and helpfulness of staff

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

Fruit quality and assortment at breakfast could do with an upgrade as for example bananas were not firm

After the room was cleaned the supervisor came with roller on a stick to pick up any stray hairs - excellent idea!!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that the cleaning lady did not speak English nor could she understand it either, and the pool didn't look very clear.

I liked the room, and everything in it was nice and clean, breakfasts was always hot and you had different verifies to choose from.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had the suite because we were traveling with 2 adult children. A queen bed in the living area or even bunk beds would have been better then the pull out sofa and roll away. We also had trouble with the door key cards that kept loosing their data.

Clean comfortable room. Very good breakfast for hotel lobby buffet. Made the mistake of going next door for one breakfast at I Hop. We would stay here again and recommend to friends. Staff was very pleasant!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

Pillows were awful. Too flat. You will need 4 to be mildly comfortable. 3 logins for internet free. Most people have more devices so you will need to upgrade for a fee or go downstairs to business center.

Room was very nice. We were on the 5th floor and had a good view. The hotel is always very quiet. Very clean. Internet great for our purposes.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was not the best we have had at a Hampton Inn. No bacon or potatoes, just sausage, and pre made cheese omelet. Pineapple available, but very dry. Pool a strange color!

We stayed here as we had a tour at U of Md College Park, so it is just a short drive from here. Lady at the desk very friendly, helped us decide where to eat when we arrived at 8pm. Beds comfortable, fridge and microwave in room.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was only a desk chair in the room. No other sitting chair or sofa was there. Air conditioning was loud.

Room was fairly large for a double bed room. Hallway was bright.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the staff was very unhelpful. We called with a few questions before we got there and the young man was annoyed, rude and unhelpful. Our hairdryer in our room was crackling and popping when turned on, I told the girl at the front desk, she said she would have someone come up and fix it/replace it, and that never happened. And there were little things.... the vending machine was not stocked, only bottled water available no other drinks, our bathroom sink was backed up and we had to remove the drain stop in order to have our sink drain, there were rarely towels washed and stocked at the pool. We stayed at this hotel three years ago and this visit was subpar in comparison.

The breakfast is good and there is always coffee/hot chocolate/hot water out.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean, the mattress in room 612 needs to be updated. There are two double beds, its the first bed closest to the door. Other than that it was a wonderful stay. Very close to Baltimore without being to close. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Generally a good place to stay in College Park, the negatives where access to the front of the building heading south on Baltimore Avenue is an adventure, my remote and TV never synced up and the room carpet was moist and there was a musty smell in the room and also in the property.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is tricky, park in the wrong spot and you'll get towed I'm told

convenient and close to Univ of MD, excel breakfast buffet, included in room rate, staff was welcoming and accommodating, room was ready, clean, and large. Hallways and common areas were clean

It was near alt of places to eat, property was neat, clean and I order

The property was clean, the customer service was great!

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

Traffic due to graduation.

Nice beds, convenient business center.

• King Bed with Whirlpool-Non-Smoking

The hot breakfast was horrible. The fruit was flavorless and the eggs still had a frozen taste

The room was clean! And spacious

The fire alarm went off at 4am in the morning.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I like the rooms, the staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was amazing.

PARKING LOT WAS FILTHY AND HAD GARBAGE ALL OVER

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool should be heated for more comfortable but I still loved the property

Pillows

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very clean, nice staff and quiet.

Customer service was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They over charged me for my room

Nothing hotel was cheap

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

That I could not have more cookies because I am diabetic, tummies they were good!!!

Breakfast and just a niece homey feel to the place.

Pool not great, no changing area & strongly treated

Location, friendly staff

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

Food was good. Room very comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was spacious, clean, and had a nice kitchen type area. We enjoyed the breakfast. Everything was fresh and there was a nice variety.

TV stations

Good food

Breakfast not too good

Location central

Morw space on room

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not much you can do about the parking, but housekeeping staff woke up the floor at 9AM. Completely unacceptable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very good location easy access to highways and not far from DC

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The overall appearances. Clean, friendly atmosphere.