Reviews of Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Central Air Force Academy 3 stars

7245 Commerce Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919, USA

#24 of 83 hotels in Colorado Springs

Pillows.. way to soft..

Bed was comfortable..pillows to soft..not a very big fan of omelettes..rest of breakfast bar was excellent..staff was very polite and helpful..1 of the nicest places I've ever stayed

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

there was no spa in the hotel. I gave a different credit card for the front desk person to charge my room on and it was charged to the wrong credit card.

breakfast...wish there were bacon or sausage.

Front desk didn't know what was going on. Didn't know if I had already paid or not. Someone had been smoking. Rooms were small. Worst breakfast selection ever at a Hampton Inn.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

This is a Hampton? Not according to our past history with them. Strange smells emanated from some rooms (seemingly from cooking, but who knows), unruly clientelle so loud and rowdy our room was actually vibrating. Someone thought our wall was a base drum and was pounding out a bad rhythm after 10 pm. Of course we contacted the front desk...twice. Something or someone apparently reduced the intrusive parade, but not for long. The volume soon began increasing. Up went the white noise from our AC, in went our earplugs with pillows over our heads. If not for the late hour and already unpacked for the night we would have left, refund or not. Never again!

Not much!

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I would have liked some sheer curtains to let in light, but still get privacy.

I like that they let me check in early and that the breakfast had fresh fruit and yogurt, just my taste.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a hot tub.

The location was very close to the highway so if we needed to travel to the academy or to Manitou - it was great access! The bed was very comfy!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room is too small. There were two groups staying at the same time as we were, we had to be relocated to a nearby room for breakfast.

Location near restaurant. Courteous staff.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

TV didn't work after first use Service man had to work hard to find it but unable to resolve it. They exchanged the TV.

Breakfast was amazing And the staff did a great job serving.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

There was no meat at breakfast. Nothing...no bacon, no sausage, just nothing. That was not okay. Someone could go next door to the Best Western Plus, where my friend was staying and take a lesson!

Breakfast was not anything special but food was hot and fruit was fresh. Staff was helpful and friendly. Bed was moderately comfortable.

Failed to meet my expectations. More than likely the worst overall Hampton Inn in the country. The room was dirty and service was absolutely the worst I have ever received. Furthermore, the hotel itself is outdated and appears run down. Do yourself a favor and book a different hotel for your stay in Colorado Springs!!

Not much!

There were continuous charges to my debit card that were not authorized by me, daily, that amounted to over $200.00 above the room charge and the incidental charge that I authorized, and the front desk staff (Vanessa) said it was due to the way that I booked the room online through booking.com. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again. The room charge was more than it was listed on the website confirmation. We cut our vacation 1 day short due to this activity.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Google maps was not correct though! I thought there shouldn't be more parking for reward members than handicapped!!!

It was in a good location with restaurants near by and right off the highway. Service was great! Cookies at check-in was a great touch!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

staff and food and halls smelled like weed smoke

The staff was not friendly at all. For what I paid I expected more from the room and breakfast. The halls smelled of weed smoke.

Would have liked a frig in room. Also didn't like that I had to pay $10 incidental charge upfront. However I understand that some chains have that requirement.

We were so happy to sleep in such a comfortable roo. Had a great experience. Super clean and staff were all friendly.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

The pillows were the only thing that wasn't great they were feather pillows and went flat, and also I wish the room had a fridge but other than that great experience

Overall this was a great place and a great experience

There aren't refrigerators in the rooms, which it states on the hotel amentities but it is a little disappointing. Breakfast was busy and a little messy but still good. We had to walk up and down 3 times to try new keys before they would reprogram our door. They also had my reservation under my middle name which caused them to try to send us away--not sure if that was an issue with booking.com or their system as I've never run into this before.

The location was great for pikes peak, garden of the gods, and pretty much anything you would want in CO Springs since it was right off the highway. Rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast had a lot of options.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was outdated and our room was not clean. Both evenings at 6, there were still cleaning carts left in the halls unattended and the area around the pool was stacked with cardboard boxes.

Can hear people in parking lot when windows are closed. But didn't notice this after bedtime.

It looks updated and enough parking. Located in a good area.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator to store beverages in room or take out food left overs Hot tub would be a plus after walking all day during vacation

Beds very comfortable room nice and cool!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The hotel rate was more than we normally pay but we know Colorado Springs is a tourist destination.

The hotel was easy to get to from I-25. Our room was very comfortable. The bed was great! The hotel is very quiet. There was even a high school band staying there while we were there but we did not hear any noise at all. They have a great breakfast with many items to choose from.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was chewing gum stuck to the carpet between the beds. It was dirty, so it was the same color as the dark carpet. But it was gross to step on it getting in and out of bed.

The front desk staff were mostly polite, but there was one person who was quite indifferent.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Fruit wasn't too fresh. Only one waffle maker created line.

Great location for going to most any part of the Springs. Nice dark, quiet room for a good night's sleep. Lots of choices for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We lived in a room with a broken window # 433. It was very cold, I plugged the gap in the frame of the bath towels, and then just heated up and room was warm. why they rent the room in which it is impossible to live in the winter?

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The room was extremely small. The sofa bed terrible. The bathroom was very small. The breakfast was very bad and hard to eat. I am a big fan of Hampton Inn, but this particular property did NOT come close to meeting the Hampton Inn standards. I was VERY disappointed.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Having a hard time trying to say anything could have been any better. They could add a spa, maybe.

The staff was nice. The beds were comfortable. My kids enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very good. Different selection. The room was clean. the beds comfortable. Staff were polite and friendly. everyone had a smile and small talk.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Housekeeping staff were not the best at replenishing items used. breakfast staff were not the best at keeping coffee pots filled or food available and they mad you feel like it was an imposition if you asked..

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were extremely uncomfortable, hard. Did not sleep well and one of my children opted to sleep on the floor instead. The cable in our room did not work. It was fixed prior to us returning from dinner bit didn't work again come morning. It was very difficult and time consuming trying to connect to WiFi only for it to kick us off first thing in the morning. Won't be staying at a Hampton inn again

We loved the staff member that prepared breakfast. She was extremely pleasant and chit chatted with us. Compared to other staff members which seemed pleasant as merely apart of their job

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Reserved 4 king suites, only one couple actually got a room with a couch refrigerator etc. The other 3 were basic rooms. One person in our group witnessed the breakfast hostess sneeze on food!

Rooms were comfortable, breakfast was good, more than just pastries and cereal.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed linen not ironed or professionally laundered. Hall carpets very grubby Bruised my leg on a metal piece sticking out under mattress.

Beds comfy, Easy parking Nice continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Zero negatives at this hotel.

This hotel is well run with customer satisfaction a top priority. The staff was beyond accommodating and nice to my family. The pool is clean and warm, with clean towels always available. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfy with extra pillows, no problem. The heater/air conditioner works great and it's quiet. I gotta have quiet. The breakfast had a good selection of hot, cold and fruits to choose from. It's open early so you can get a good start on your day. I feel so lucky to have picked this hotel for our family reunion. It's so close to everything and every place we wanted to go to. Thank you so much for a great experience staying at your hotel. Thanks for putting your customers first.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little hard for both me and my wife. the breakfast was nothing to write home about. There is a good selection to choose from but it was a typical complementary breakfast.

Check in and check out was quick and easy and the pillows were amazing! Left the do not disturb card in the door on the first day and housekeeping called and left a message to let us know that if there was anything we needed just to call them and they would take care of it

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a little snug and there was no fridge. The rooms only had double beds and not queens so made for tight sleeping with 4 people. The pool was quite cold for swimming.

Great location for the things we did. Easy access to I-25. Breakfast was sufficient as well as the workout facilities. It was a fine place to stay for the money we paid.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was very cold, did not feel heated.

Employees were very accommodating, anything I needed they were quick at getting and very nice! Breakfast was delicious!!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was older than I expected. It smelled musty. The temperature in the room was not easily made comfortable. I had a hard time sleeping.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Charged more than Booking.com's price.

Easy access from I-25. Centrally located. Nice breakfast. Free coffee 24 hours. Good dinner restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Soundproofing from hallway to rooms can be improved, there was a large gap below the door and any conversation that was going on in the hallway was easily heard in the room. Our door key reader was malfunctioning but did get fixed within 12 hours. Staff was helpful letting us into room while reader didn't work. The common areas show the age of the hotel while the rooms and lobby are very nicely redone.

Staff was very nice, breakfast tasty, bed comfortable. Pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The bed was uncomfortable. I didn't like the fact there wasn't a microwave or fridge in the room.

I liked that the room was clean and the desk and closet were nice.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Facility could use a "deep cleaning" : Refresh landscape, grout & tile in bathrooms cleaned, etc. Not a deal breaker, though. Would be nice to have a small fridge in rooms.

Staff members: front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, breakfast cooks all focus on hospitality. Very friendly, and guest oriented. Always a greeting when you encounter them.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Needs to be brighter rooms. There was a wheelchair drop for the poold but know way to access the pool because it was stairs

The waffle maker. Water out at all times. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only negative was the air conditioner. When it came on, it was very loud, so for a light sleeper, I woke up every time it came on. I turned the temperature up to a higher degree so it would not come on as often, but it sounded like an airplane when it did come on.

Hotel is located in a great location, about 20 minutes from Garden of the Gods, many restaurants and shopping. The breakfast was hot and fresh. Beds were very comfortable and rooms clean.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Room small when using pullout couch. No frig or microwave like other rooms. Pullout couch mattress very uncomfortable. Not much bathroom counter space.

King bed is comfy. Closet is nice. Room seemed quiet.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Billed on Credit Card 1 week prior to departure date rather than on day of departure.

Easy access from freeway. Had two nice restaurants and a gas station adjacent to property.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our key cards wouldn't work a lot of the time. Had to go to front desk 3 times to have them redo them. Also, on Sunday our room wasn't cleaned until I called the front desk. They sent up a housekeeper with clean towels but when the housemaid came in she sloppily pulled the covers up and fluffed the pillows. She did empty the trash cans tho. On the second day of our stay the maid left the door open but nothing was stolen, thank God.

The breakfasts were wonderful. There was so much variety. And the beds was SO comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only negative things that I would have to say is that there wasn't a microwave or fridge in the room, no fan vent in the bathroom, and the bed was too soft for me, but that's a personal preference. Other than that, we had a great stay!

This was a very clean and nice hotel. There were alot of choices for breakfast and it was pretty good.The view from the lobby doors walking out was great!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

No fridge in room, had to be put on a waiting list to get one. Every other Hampton inn I've stayed at fridges are standard. Our room was almost next to the lobby and so much foot traffic/noise was annoying.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

To small space. People climbing all over each other and no place to sit. Food looked like it came from a factory.

Appreciated the clean sheets and cover.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not the greatest or very friendly. I asked for extra towels and they forgot about them so I ended up waiting for about 45 minutes for something that should have taken less then 5.

Location was great and easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet was great, but they couldn't keep up with the number of guests.

Sean on graveyard is awesome. Another hotel literally screwed us after a 10 hour drive, they did not have our room and had closed. Sean advised that he was sold out, but had us wait while he checked something. He came back and said he had a room supposedly with a bad TV. We are in town to see family that we haven't seen in as many as ten years. Who cares about a TV? He said that if we didn't mind a possibly bad TV, he would clean the room and get us taken care of. Twenty minutes later, we were in a very clean, very comfortable room with a working TV. Sean is just about the greatest asset in our opinion. Thank you very much!!!

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

One of the key cards wasn't working the first night we checked. I came back down to the front desk and was asked if I had the card next to my phone, the answer was no. Next morning I had another issue with the other key, the recepcionist checked it and said it was because it was activated to a different room, but she fixed it. Same day in the afternoon, both keys were not working, went back to the front desk, same lady from Friday was there along with another lady. I told them both keys were not working, she asked me again if I had them next to my cell phone the response was the same no. But the other lady was checking and told her that both keys were deactivated. I also told her what the lady told me they morning.

Easy access to freeways and near by stores.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows weren't nearly firm enough.

Great mountain views! Loved the almonds and fresh fruit along with everything else for breakfast. One of the maintenance employees was especially helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Breakfast arrangement not adequate. Too crowded the weekend we stayed , came down 3 times every morning, never got a chance , finally ate out all 3 days. While checkout the male agent at 6.15 am did not ask us the basic customary question about our stay ..looks like he had a lot on his mind ..prolly didnt care ..both the day female staff were nice & helpful.

Room was Clean . Bed was good . AC lil noisy but not too bad. Overall a nice experience.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were full-size beds for 4 people ( two being men ). The room was really small. They were not able to change rooms for bigger beds or put a rolloway bed in the room. I had to pay for another room with a king bed so we could get sleep. No ice most of the time. Very costly with the other room.

Location and swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is out dated, small area for breakfast, carpet is dirty

Breakfast was good and ready by designated time. Staff preparing and setting food were nice and amigable.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

The location was slightly out of the way from some of the activities we had planned but not terrible

It was great that breakfast was included in the price plus there was free coffee and water at all hours of the day... The beds and sheets were also beyond comfortable and the rooms were nice and spacious... There were also a couple of restaurants right outside the hotel which was very convenient

• King Study - Non-Smoking

They didnt have refrigerates or microwaves in the room

The pool was big

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy. Doors are terrible, slamming easily.

All was good

Friendly helpful staff. Very professional

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable. There was no bathroom vanity space for toiletries.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Showing some age on the rooms , they were still nice though but needs some touch ups .

Comfy bed and ok breakfast. Semi quiet location

Clean.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I got bit in the night when I went to the restroom

The staff was wonderful

Rooms are small

The pool

It was all good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I have nothing negative to say.

Everything!

Small bathroom

Location, could walk to restaurants. Great I-25 access.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Heating unit was replaced on second day, door lock quit working.

Coffee bar, room looked nice, staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Clean hotel and close to tourist areas

~

Finally, someone understands that you don’t put a billowing curtain right above the A/C! The Roman Shade is beautiful and stays put!

Coffee in the lobby ran out each day/evening.

Bed comfortable. Breakfast had good choices and tasted good.

Pillows

Mattress

No refrigerator in the hospital Pom for $147.00 per night

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No fridge in the room Double queen room is not roomy....

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was ok, no hot tub or fridge

Breakfast was fair

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Comfortable and clean. Great breakfast.