Reviews of Hampton Inn Columbia, MD 3 stars

8880 Columbia 100 Parkway, Columbia, MD 21045, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Columbia

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

I had asked if they would do anything for a wedding anniversary trip and the question was ignored. They authorize about 25$+change over your anticipated room amount, plus a $50 security deposit, that was never in the fine print or anything so that it something people should be aware of.

the whirlpool tub was nice. the room was huge. comfortable bed. there's a "kitchen area" with a sink and counter and tons of cabinets but nothing in them, kind of odd.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No a/c in lobby and rooms not ready by check in on a 90 degree day made for a very hot and long check in. Breakfast staff took 20 minutes to refill hot food.

Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

1.Very noisy room location, across from the elevator - bell rang constantly from 6 am on. 2. The elevator was dirty/sticky. 3. The second elevator was 'out of service.' 4. The first floor bathroom was dirty, low on tissue, and no one at desk to address issue with at time. 5. Second floor stairway door across from room - started slamming at 6 am as a person left the second floor; then rattled loudly again as the person went through the first floor door. 4.In addressing these noise issues with hotel staff, the desk clerk stated 'well we have a lot of business travelers here.' POOR RESPONSE - certainly not any concern for client, nor intervention to address issues - why put non-business travelers in high traffic areas, or any customer in such a noisy area. A 10% discount for this unsatisfactory stay is just an insult; won't go back.

The spa tub in the room was a plus, and the room was clean.

Other guests, were quite noisy going up and down hallway(mostly young girls)! Breakfast area was crowded with rowdy young girls and had the area looking trashy! Attendant had hard time keeping up with the food demand.

Breakfast was excellent and even though it’s free, the staff provided excellent service as far as keeping everything stocked Probably one of the best free breakfasts I have had

Think the price was just a little high for our one night stay. The high chairs for breakfast were hidden near the exit, which we noticed upon heading out. Would have helped with my little one for breakfast.

The room and bed were comfortable. I liked having a fridge. Just needed a last minute place to stay for the family and this was it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool party with a tin of teenagers on a Saturday night slamming doors. Throwing people in pool. One front desk on duty no issues addressed. In room bathrooms and room surfaces need to be more thoroughly cleaned.

Staff was friendly during check in. Breakfast and attendant were all very nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk representative who worked that morning would not assist in helping me utilize my military discount after I was informed that I could.

I am military and found out that I could have utilized my military discount. However, the front desk representative who was working that morning was not very helpful at all. So I paid full price for two rooms expose to receiving the military discount.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I really liked that the staff was welcoming and very pleasant. I really enjoyed my stay. I will definitely stay again and I will recommend someone to stay here as well.

Could not get a receipt at hotel to turn in for expense report. The front desk said it comes in an Email from booking. I still have yet to receive this!

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

Jacuzzi tub broken. Elevators broken. Sleep disturbed by staff needing to enter room to check on wifi. Power surge interrupted TV signal while watching a movie. Refrigerator unbalanced. Vent in bathroom dirty and dusty.

Location / proximity to my business destination. Even though there were multiple problems that led to a disappointing stay, those problems were beyond the control of the front desk staff and they were apologetic, polite, and professional.

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

The bed was great as was the whirlpool tub. There could have been a better variety of foods for breakfast. We have stayed at other Hamptons with more to offer.

See answer above

The property was okay but we stayed in the exact room as our last stay and the shelf were the microwave was is still broken. I thought that was a bit tacky but other than that it was good?

Kitchen/dining area: - It was hot (all the public areas were hot--very different from rooms). The kitchen person kept the door to that area open as she worked in there, knocking items around as guests tried to eat and ignore the noise and sight of the supply area. - One night I needed a knife and when I checked the front desk, the person waved me over to the counter in the eating area and said to look underneath counters. I had to rummage into several boxes to find what I needed. Things should be accessible and a guest should never have to get into cabinets to find items. - Two different days staff had to be told that coffee pot and milk containers were empty and that there were no knives out. Room: - Clean for the most part but the bathroom floor was very sticky. - AC in my room was a real problem two nights. First night AC woke me up with loud banging noise. In the morning I requested that it be fixed while I was out. It wasn't and I had to call front desk again on my return late in the evening. The person there said that she had no record of any repairs, politely told me there were no portable fans for use that night, and that there was no one of site to repair the AC. No offer was made to help me solve the AC problem. At checkout the front-desk person made notes about the problem. - Door closing in the hotel is extremely noisy. Some guests let the door slam to close and even if one tries to pull the door closed quietly, there is no way to eliminate noise. Consequently, guests are keenly aware of when others are coming and going and are often awakened by the loud sound. - I was given a room designed for disabled guests. I am not disabled and didn't request such a room and wasn't offered other accommodations. While the room was comfortable in most ways, the "grab bars" in the bathroom were actually a hindrance to me and I could have used an armchair rather than having all empty space in one corner of the bedroom.

The bed was comfortable and clean and made up each day. Housekeeping did a good job. Two of the front-desk people tried to help when I needed assistance. The location and parking were good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't answer as I walked thru the area to pick up fruit but didn't sit down and eat.

Good variety of breakfast selections; clean / comfortable eating area;

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't its best, definitely could have been better. And there were no closets in the room to hang your clothes.

The property was very clean, and the indoor pool was a pleasure. The rooms were pretty much neat and clean. The bed was great!

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

We stay in room 424 and it was wonderful, however I purchased this room for the whirlpool tub and it was not working properly. Only 2 out of 6 waterjets were working. Also the pipe of the water sink by the refrigerator and microwave had a terrible leak. Other than that everything was perfect.

We felt very secure and completely relaxed at this hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When checking in, we found the trash from previous guest was still in the room. Fire alarm began going off intermittently from 1:00 am to 4:00 am. Staff said could not do anything about the problem till morning?!!! For me, this is second time in row that I stayed at this hotel and failed to get sleep because of noise. It will be the last.

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

The room had not been cleaned properly. We found a rose petal and chocolates on the floor that must have been left from the previous occupants. We rarely get a night away from our children so we wanted to enjoy relaxing in the jetted tub, however none of the jets worked. We asked for a complimentary late check out which meant checking out at 12 but house keeping banged on our door while we were sleeping, and had the do not disturb sign on the door. When we didn't answer she tried to open the door and found that it had the inside swing lock on. Instead of at that point checking with the front desk to see if we got a late check out, which she should have already been made aware of, she banged even harder on the door. I went to the door to get greeted with attitude and informed the girl that we had a late checkout. Her response what that she didn't know. No apology, no smile, no nothing. We have gone here roughly twice a year since 2013 when we are able to get a quick night away, and have watched the place slowly decline. Needless to say, we will not be back.

The front desk staff and manager were very nice.

The pool was C-O-L-D!

This is a pretty typical Hampton Inn. Clean rooms and comfy beds. Breakfast was great. The bowl of fresh cut fruit was a big plus.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was spotty. Real scrambled eggs once, the mini omlets three times, but ran out once. WiFi did not work well. Some regular blankets would have been nice. Comforters were a bit too warm for me.

Very comfortable beds and pillow. AC unit was easy to adjust and fairly quiet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was bitter cold. I specifically went for the indoor pool as it was raining. The cold water was intolerable.

Had a good breakfast. Very upscale

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

Whirlpool tub didn't drain fast enough. Dirty scalding water up to my shins. In order to get hot water from shower to wash hair, had to turn temperature up, but water continued to flow from whirlpool filling tub at the same time with water too hot for my feet. Water in bathroom sink scalding hot. I'm 5'-2". Microwave on shelf over my head at approximately 5'-5"? Missing support ring under glass turntable. When I put a cup of coffee in to reheat, the cup tilted as to spill out, but I caught it in time. Lights didn't work over the kitchenette. Small indoor pool with no hot tub.

I liked the spaciousness of the room, with the couch and cafe table and chairs.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only two things I could nitpick about are probably 1. There should be a fan to circulate the air in the bathroom 2. The breakfast wasn't up to par like I thought it would be. The bagels were a little stale and there were no more eggs even though we came down to eat quite early. Probably 8:30-8:45ish.

The bed was AMAZING. So quiet that I didn't hear my boyfriend get up in the middle of the night.

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

The carpet in the room was disgusting. There was mold on bathroom ceiling. It look extremely outdated. Room was cramped. The bed was horrible and squishy. Overall, It wasn't worth the price and I would not book at this hotel again.

The location was fine. The front dest was friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't get the rate quoted to us. We were told it would be $420 for the three night stay but when we got there the rate was over $500 and we were told they couldn't do anything about it because we booked through booking.com. fortunately my husband has a military id card and they were able to reduce the cost for us because of that.

The bed was really comfortable. Loved the mattress.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

I took my Chrome Cast which connects through wifi. But the wifi was way to difficult to try and connect to so we weren't able to use it.

The room was very spacious. It was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever been to.

Bed was not very comfortable..adequate but way too firm for my liking. Room had no closet or coat hanger, which was very odd. No safe to store personal belongings. These 3 things will likely be a deal breaker for me in the future.

Wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast was good, although they ran out of eggs and sausage regularly each day. Location was easy to find and close to Merriweather Post for the concert.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Disappointed because the pool heater was not functioning. Had looked forward to a swim after a long day of driving.

I like the duvets. They are much more sanitary than blankets. The beds are wonderful.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Only complaint is that the room smelled like smoke and it was a non smoking room. I am sensitive to smells, especially cigarette smoke

Breakfast was good. Room was nice. Staff pleasant.

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

Ceiling had damage, toilet paper holder was broken. No book in room listing available amenities and hotel details.

Had jacuzzi tub and was reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

What I didn't like was that the workout gym was small and the pool was very cold, when I said something about the pool being cold they said the heater was broken and someone was gone fix it but nobody never did overall hotel tell still good...

What I like was the whirlpool tub that was in my room...The hotel was very clean...and the breakfast bar was very good..

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My musician mate left his clarinet in the room after we checked out.We were in Fayetteville NC before we realized its absence.Staff packaged and mailed it immediately. You're the best

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was good, but lacked options for vegetarians. I would have also liked to have the coffee maker in my room instead of having to get coffee downstairs.

Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

Why was my credit card charged before we checked in? Wanted to use a different card upon arrival. Booking said no cc needed to book but you had to enter one to book.

Friendly staff. Clean facilities

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Fitness room was just 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical machine and a few medicine balls. The folder in the room indicated an offsite option, but the front desk attendant knew nothing about this other than to recommend a YMCA a few miles away (which didn't help since they don't have short term memberships).

Very quiet rooms, good breakfast, clean hotel

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Sausage could be better, and 1st day orange juice was watered down. There was a loud group on my floor the first night...

Bed was very comfortable and water was nice and hot. Housekeeping was very good

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Television reception..lots of no signals for several channels..

The accomodations were very clean and comfotable..Breakfast was great each morning and staff was professional and courteous.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

The decor is rather outdated and depressing color scheme, the tv in our room kept loosing signal, the iron didn't work and requested a new iron, after waiting for an hour or more the front desk clerk told me that she forgot to send a new iron. The first night we arrived I opened the curtain and the rod fell off.

the bed was was very comfortable and the room was a very good size

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

The last night there were alot of rowdy people there banging on the door, the elevator bell started ringing in the middle of the night and continued all night and the front desk did not answer the phone. We didn't get much sleep. The bed is Very hard.

The staff was very friendly and helpful during the first four nights of our stay.

The only thing no exhaust fan in the bathrooms bit other than that everything was excellent

It was very clean comfortable organized and great staff

Pillows were flat, and the grout in the bathroom was very dirty.

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

we had a hard time connecting to the internet from our room.

Beds were comfortable.

have a quite ice machine on the 4th floor, very noisy

we just slept there, did not use any extras

????

No laundry facilities.

The breakfast was ok. The rooms were great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Comfy beds, good breakfast and coffee!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Good variety for breakfast and a nice place to sit and eat

Great last minute accommodation

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

Could use some updates/more modern style

Bed was comfortable

Scones and cheese omelettes

Room was nice. Pillows very worn out and flat. Walls thin - I heard people passing by at 1AM, 4AM, 5:30AM, etc.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the heat didnt work in the first room

It was close to where we needed to be waffles were good

Great bed

TV issues

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator was running slow. I had to walk up 4 flights of steps in a freezing stairwell 4am in the morning. Also the parking is horrible!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was extremely comfortable.

The bed was comfortable, location was close to the highway..

Dining staff exceptional.

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

Can cannot meet my reauest.

• Non-Smoking Whirlpool King Room

No exhaust fan In the bathroom, steam from shower lasted too long

Location to freeway was good, lobby amenities good

The room needed a sofa.

The location was great, close to Washington DC and in a very nice neighborhood.

Everything was quite satisfactory.

Breakfast was quite good and tasty and the bed was very comfortable.

Refrigerator/ freezer in the room could have been colder.

Rooms were very clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were uncomfortable, too soft.

Hotel was clean, rooms were clean. Breakfast was good, nice area, family friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Outstanding front desk people ! went above and beyond

Near the waterfront. Many restaurant choices

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The decorations in the room seemed dated.. Ive been to other Hampton Inns and this one seems to need updating

The bed was great!!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

Clean and neat. Great location!

add prepackaged sandwiches to the ala carte store

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not find anything to not like.

Staff was friendly, helpful. Breakfast and all day coffee was wonderful.

The exercise room, not enough space.

The shower had excellent water pressure.

• Non-Smoking Sofa Bed King Study

front desk staff was not clear on the way some of the charges were billed.

Great breakfast and very quiet. Room was clean and well serviced.

Browse Hampton Inn Columbia, MD traveller photo gallery