Reviews of Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37 3 stars

11233 Interstate Highway 37, Corpus Christi, TX 78410, USA

#16 of 73 hotels in Corpus Christi

My family and I enjoyed everything. There wasn’t one thing that could have been better.

Everything was great. From the moment we arrived to when we left. The staff was very friendly and courteous to our needs. The room was awesome. The beds were great, the pool and whirlpool were awesome. And the breakfast was great as well.

The lobby stunk, there was no way to be able to enjoy even a cup of coffee which was only available from 6 am until 10 am. No coffee in the room at all. I do not recommend this hotel at all, I will not stay again it is way over priced.

absolutely nothing

The floor I requested wasn't what I wanted or may not have been available at the time. I did request a sofa chair bed or what looked like a sofa chair bed ( one seated sofa bed ) the sofa chair had a huge stain as if someone peed on it. Gross. The beds WEREN'T queens! I paid $217 + for dicomfortness. The mattress weren't comfortable at all like the other Hampton Inn & Suites I have stayed in which were comfortable and the BEST. Also don't forget the swimming pool, too much bleach! It literally bleached my partner's swimsuit! :o her face looked pale too! She's a bit dark skinned and she got bleached! I walked in there and my eyes were burning! I did not jump in the pool. All the bleach, too much of it horrible. Never again at this location. Great location but not staying here.

Breakfast was great.

At the initial check in, I waited around for someone to attend us and had to call the phone to get someones attention. Additionally, their parking was horrible and no spaces were available at night.

Housekeeping needs work on attitude. My room was not cleaned towels not picked up and replaced and head house keeper told me I can go somewhere else next time because now I know how it is for paying almost $400 for 2 nights.

Rooms clean at first bed is comfortable everything you needed was provided at first and front desk employees were awesome. Majority of staff great and respectful.

Very well kept . And the front desk was so friendly and had everything ready when I arrived . It was a very speedy check in that I have ever experienced.

I think the Breakfast could have include more Meat products, like Bacon & Sausage. Also they had problems adding me to there member rewards program and asked me to do it my self which I Lost the Info they gave me to do so. Ho Well other than that it was awesome.

So far it's one of the best places in Corpus to stay at! I almost liked it ALL

The room was small for a family of five. Our three kids are under 18 . Because of that we weren't going to rent a second room. I requested a roller bed when room was booked. But when we got to the room I noticed an extra bed wouldn't fit. My son slept in the floor. We asked for an extra blanket to put on the floor so he can sleep a bit comfortable but front desk said they don't have any . We were given two extra sheets.

Staff was friendly.Breakfast was good. The beds were comfortable. Kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool.

The room was cold but for some reason during the night time it seemed like the air would turn off and on frequently, but by morning it was cool again. Other than that it was the perfect stay.

Staff was friendly, they had excellent complimentary breakfast, nice location away from the city rush and the hotel was very clean and comfortable.

We arrived a couple hours before our checkin time, so the staff let us into the pool while they sped up the process of preparing our room. It was ready before we even changed into our bathing suits!

Clean not smelly

Front desk associates were smiling and friendly and it was genuine and when I checked out they were still friendly and welcomed us back. All I can say is keep up the great job. Will come back...

The staff needs more customer service training. I went to get toliet paper and the lady at the front desk I think was named Cindy was rude. She did not say Hello and made me wait until she finished paper work to help me.

I liked the hotel layout and pool area

The property away from down twon ,far away from restaurants and from the beaches . The indoor pool was bad very cold and i saw cockroaches swimming with us at the pool😡

Breakfast was pretty good

Bitten by bedbugs! Felt itchy and gross. I've never experienced this before. Booked 2 nights, but left before. Was compensated by staff and apologized. To be safe washed everything in hot and bagged. Very tiresome washing items that were already clean on a roadtrip all night. Only place on a 30 day roadtrip with bedbugs. Disappointing.

The pool looked nice. Arrived to a "happy hour" that I wasn't told about. I found out on my own after it was too late.

Our hairdryer didn't work and we were told by staff at 8:00am that we would need to wait at least an hour for housecleaning to arrive to bring a new hairdryer. We went to go to leave at 830 and housecleaning staff was actively cleaning rooms which meant they could have brought us a new hair dryer when I called. The hairdryer never did arrive and when I checked out the check of clerk could have cared less that our stay was just "ok"

Bed was comfortable, pool was nice

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Nothing really... the beaches are about of a drive 20-30min depending on which one you go to. But we had no problem driving a bit more for all the extra value we got. Would go there again.

Very welcoming and hospitable staff. We were looking for a place to rest at the end of all day beach trips. Worked out great for all 3 nights we stayed. Great breakfast and a nice clean bed with amazing staff. Definitely would go there again! They even handed out a few goodies to my daughter when we checkout!

My wife uses walker, no accessability from parking area. They hav 2 disability parking spots, but 5 reserved spots for diamond members. We parked furthest spot away and had to walk all the way around a fountain in driveway

Big spacious room

No complaints.Everything nice👍

Wonderful place to stay the bed is so comfortable it's like sleeping on a cloud!Very quite & peaceful place to rest& relax! And also guests are treated with a full breakfast which consists of eggs,waffles and fresh fruits and a variety of other breakfast treats!

Frig froze all my food - price was way to expensive for the room we had. When I checked in They were trying to charge me more that my reservation price. Clerk Said since I booked through another site they couldn't do anything about it. Strange thing is my friends had the same reservation book through the same site and they didn't have any issues. Once I pulled the confirmation up on my phone some how miraculously they were able to change it.

No one followed the pool rules so the kids were there with out their parents and were going CRAZY!!!!!!!

They staff was very friendly! Cindy was there when I checked in and when I left. She is the BEST!

I think everything was fine.

Everything was very good. My stepson and his friend wanted bacon and the cook had just cooked some and gave them generous portions! I loved the eggs. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and there was plenty for me to choose from. The bed was very comfortable. The guy at the front desk gave us a list of places to go eat when we arrived Saturday night and asked about local places. He was great!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Made a reservation for a room with 2 DBDB and was told they were sold out. This reservation was GTD with a credit card so when I checked in at 11pm they advised they were sold out.... I advised I needed a full refund on my card and they found a dirty king room w/a sleeper sofa. Our daughter is on crutches with a knee injury and wanted her to have a bed not a sleeper sofa. Air conditioner was loud and ran all night. Toilet flushed when it wanted to flush. I think the room they gave us was on the maintains list and since I complainted they gave it to us.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Breakfast has a wide spread, but don't count on the eggs. Stick to the waffles, fruit, pastries and coffee.

We were in town for a family funeral. The sweet staff was so patient with us and even assisted us in having a family reception in the meeting room.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Staff was friendly and professional. Front desk clerk ask me if I wanted water. He also ask me if I needed him to give me directions to the funeral home. He was very helpful. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

I didnt like the fact that the bathtub was too slippery and my sister had an accident and she felt and hurt her back

I really like my stay there i loved the room and the swimming pool and the food. Thank you

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The beds were extremely comfortable. The indoor pool was a plus considering the rainy weather. Breakfast was very good and my son loved the travel bag he was given at checkout :)

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I had to wait longer for one of my rooms because maids were "chatting" in hallways. The evening staff member at the check-in counter was rude. The fact that they with held extra funds on credit card that was not disclosed online and maid our budgeted trip less exciting. we had to cut out a few things that were planned

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast bar was nice. The indoor pool was excellent. The rooms were very clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

It's not a deal breaker but there could be more parking. Only real concern I had that effected me was that I was hauling an SUV from Texas to Georgia and their "truck" parking was just a grass field behind the hotel. It didn't feel very monitored to me but I didn't have anywhere else I could park so I took a leap of faith and parked. Everything was fine the next morning but I still thought about it during the night. Other thing is that there needs to be a walkway from the truck parking to the hotel. We had to hike up a steep grass covered ditch to get around to the front of the hill.

Everything was clean and check in was smooth. I had to extend my stay one more night and they took care of it no problem. I am now a fan of Hampton Inn after having four fantastic experiences in a row for this trip!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

A bit of highway noise at night.Would be nice to upgrade breakfast with natural ingredients.

Comfortable bed, good coffee, great staff that cares about the property and guests.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Front desk staff could be a little more friendly and polite. They were dry, cold and down to business. The young man at the front desk almost snatched the room keys from my hand at the time of check out, and with his face looking somewhere else said "Thank you for staying with us".

Hotel room was very clean. The housekeeping service was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

I think they need diferent menú for breakfast for each day

I had ask for a special b-day decoration for my husband and they did it. (Even thouhgt I ask for it with short time ahead) the employees were very friendly

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The pool was cloudy,only one washing machine which stayed busy,there was a water bug smushed on our carpet in the room,and the front staff night lady had her bare feet propped up on a chair talking on the phone instead of helping me. The male front staff was awesome though

The amount of free products that were available and the cleaning lady was so so nice.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

The Hilton and texas flags were held higher than the American flag. Disgraceful. They lost my reservations and said it was at the other hotel. I asked where was it. He said goto the highway you'll find it. Last thing I wanted to hear at 4am. Both female clerks were rude, especially the one with no glasses.

Nice clean rooms comfortable beds. Good breakfast and housekeeping. Pool was clean whirlpool also. Be sure to pull the red button not push it to start whirlpool.

Too pricey

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good,

• Queen Room - Disability Access

It was easy to get to.The room was very nice.Looking forward to the breakfast.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The kitchen staff were very friendly, food was great. The rooms were very clean. The beds were very confortable.

The property is great it's just a little farther from Corpus than we expected.

I like that it was a small quaint hotel and it is very well kept.

The comfort

We didn't use the wifi

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I didn't like that the pool was open only till 10 other then that everything was oh OK .

It was very clean and the food was pretty good.

I love how well lit the parking lot is, makes it feel a bit safer

Wonderful pool area! Great breakfast are with plenty of space.

There were no scrambled eggs. Please add fresh fruit options. The pillows were too soft.

the room was very clean and quiet.

Muffins stale

Indoor pool and hot tub. Bed comfortable.

Nothing was out of order!

The bed was clean & comfy.The room very clean!Breakfast was excellentmany choices as to what to eat,everything fresh😊

Remote on/off didn’t work!

The pillows were amazing. Of course so was the bed!!

Internet was unreliable, water pressure was poor

Clean, comfortable.

No complaints

Easy access and good parking

The temperature in the room was damp and the smelt like mold.

Staff was very professional and friendly.

we had a few comlaints they gave us a 20% discount.

beds were fluffy but road noise off freeway was bad at night.

Parking is horrendous.

All the stuff ready to help in what you need.

I liked the size of the room and how clean it was

Satisfied

Help and amenities were sufficient.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Eggs did not look like real eggs and did not taste that good

Beds were good, air was very cool.

Pool

It was ALL Good

there is a lots of cockroach in the hotel need to be clean more

No problems.

Enjoyed all. Pool was good.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I paid a little more for a disability room and nothing was different.

Palm tree kept hitting window at night making difficult to sleep

Everything was fine

Loves the breakfast, very good all around

Didn't seem to have a lot of care for the premises and enterior, for the price.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The kitchen staff worker should practice smiling from time to time and maybe a greeting would be nice too.

The bed is very. Lean and comfortable.

Difficult to find good restaurants nearby

The indoor pool was very nice and relaxing.

INDOOR POOL AND JACUZZI

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The beds were small said queen but felt more like full size beds...need another waffle maker one is a hassle.

The cleanliness and waffles

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

When I booked online I asked for a suite & this hotel did not have suites! :(

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Everything. Beautiful hotel and lovely and friendly staff. Loved the bed and pillows!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Wish I could have stayed longer

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The picturesque pool was nice, though smaller than it appeared in photos.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The bed was to firm but was roomy

It was very clean and the staff was very friendly and the complementary Breakfast was nice !

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Price is to high for the hotel itself breakfast could have been a little more warmer Vending machine was a just about empty

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Very clean and friendly staff