Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center 3 stars

811 Massachusetts Avenue, South End, Boston, MA 02118, USA

#63 of 81 hotels in Boston

Close to the south end.

Old hotel, needs major renovation. Free shuttle from the airport is irregular, we took a taxi.

Close to the south end. We walked from the hotel to downtown (about 30-40 min), we got to explore the neighborhoods.

The Breakfast included was tasty and had a good selection.

Although it doesn't take long to venture into the downtown core or other attractions from this hotel, the surrounding area just to the south of it is a little less desirable and makes you leary about heading outside in the evening. I would not suggest venturing for a late night snack to the McDonald's just south of it, as there are many shady individuals hanging around the area near it and surrounding buildings. There does seem however to be a lot of police presence in the area in the evenings (pulling over cars, talking to people on the street, etc.) and when we asked another officer about it, they said it's because lots "happens" in that area due to shelters fully booking up nearby. We just stuck to the multiple restaurant/bars in the hotel every evening we got back and it was fine.

The Breakfast included was tasty and had a good selection. Both the breakfast staff, shuttle service staff and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The extra destinations that the shuttle service provided, besides the airport, were very helpful. Just be aware of that they only have so many spots available per hour, so figure out when you're heading out & what you're doing and be sure to reserve a spot when checking in.

I was so scared for the comments I read about the dangerous...

The homeless are at the Gas Station near Mc Donalds, always have police officers. I belive that the homeless are not the problem, the junkies are, they yell and talk alone and you not feel good around that area. The noise is always if it's not the police because they are fighting is the ambulance of the Hospital near the hotel. If you are by car I stay 4 nights and works perfect for us, not recommend to put gas on the car in that gas station, that's all.

I was so scared for the comments I read about the dangerous location that i was going to stay 1 night and re-evaluate the situation but in the minute I get there we felt really comftable. The staff was very friendly and help us a lot with everything! They recommend us to eat, to go out, a loundry service near the hotel. The key of this location is if you are with a car and the 25 dolars of parking. If you are by car I would recommend it but If you are by walk is a location that you should consider that is far form the hot spots of Boston. South End Neigbour was super cute :) And the Target near is convinient! Great breakfast and coffee all day long for free, also chocolate chips cookies in the afternoon

Too far away from the hip spots in Boston....

However the locale was much less than expected.... Half way houses and far too many pan handlers walking around. Police were a great force in the area, but they sim,p;ly made the folks ove around....

The hotel was great, and the adjacent restaurants were a plus.

Large room, confortable bed.

1. Breakfast was very poor in terms of variaty. I don' t remember something worse in any hotel I've ever stayed. 2. Very noisy due to the traffic.

Large room, confortable bed.

Room size, comfortable bed, room equipment

Paper cups, paper dishes, plastic cuttlery for breakfast ! Not appropriate for a hotel where the rest, incl. price is rather upscale.

Room size, comfortable bed, room equipment

We used this hotel as it was 10 minutes from the airport and...

The only thing I would count as a negative is that we flew in after midnight to Boston and there was no free shuttle service to pick us up they only operate between 05.00 and 20.00 hrs. This was a bit annoying as it is an airport hotel.

We used this hotel as it was 10 minutes from the airport and we were only using it as a stop over. It was clean and comfortable, most of the staff we had to communicate were friendly and polite.

The hotel itself was really nice and clean and both shuttle...

It’s located right across the street from a homeless shelter and there is a lot of people on drugs all around. The women staff they had at the front desk were rude when we had to talk or call them for a returning shuttle.

The hotel itself was really nice and clean and both shuttle drivers we had were very helpful and friendly as well as the housekeeping. Side from a few rude staff and location was a really great stay probably one of the cleanest hotels we stayed in.

for one night it was ok, but shuttle service could use improvement

shuttle service,,, i had to take a taxi at the end,,, took me over 20 minutes to get them on the phone, told me to wait an hour (after 12 hour journey) and then they where 20 minute late so I took a taxi

bed, free tv and breakfast

Good value for the Boston area.

The area is a little sketchy with several half way houses near by. We were reluctant to walk around at night so we took taxis/Uber . No problem walking around during the day. The hotel itself is excellent.

Great hotel close to the heart of Boston

We couldn’t find the pool, which in all reality we could have just asked, and the sheets were too small for the bed.

Really nice included breakfast, rooms were clean and comfortable. Not the most updated Hampton we’ve stayed in but the staff was the most polite I’ve experienced and I loved that.

the room was clean and the breakfast was good.

Bad location on the Methadone mile. No very safe to walk outside with many drug addicts around. The subway station is quite far. Very noisy from police and ambulance cars.

the room was clean and the breakfast was good.

Nice hotel. Poor location. not close to any train stations. Noisy due to hospital across street.

Having to pay $25 for parking every day was excessive and poor value. Having to pay $350 per night and then having to pay extra for parking is bad business

Clean and comfortable room

I had to pay for the parking and that came as a surprise at the reception desk. It was not clearly stated when I book the room

Clean and comfortable room

Fun stay/trip, grossly overpriced, will not use booking.com again

Being charged more than $400 over booking.com quoted, very disappointed in booking.com. Breakfasts were bad, hot food was not good.

Clean comfortable room

It was good overall except for the neighborhood.

The neighborhood is loud and not good and the drug addicts are even worse.

The food was pretty decent and the room was nice. I really appreciated the "things that you may have forgotten" products.

Check-in was smooth and everything was very clean and the...

Nothing bad at all.

Check-in was smooth and everything was very clean and the location is perfect. I loved being on the 9th floor next to the pool. Can’t wait to book another room!

Good Breakfast & 24 Hour Coffee Facility.

The shuttle left us at the airport after phoning hotel and confirming the pick up location. After inquiring about shuttle hotel adviced us to use taxi & they will refund. At arrival I asked about shuttle leaving us after we did phone and confirmed pick up location, the manager on duty Mery was very rude, shouted at me that he did went & could not found us. After 15 hours flight to NYC & 45 min flight to Boston & waiting 1h30 min at airport to be picked up, I did not appreciate her attitude. No the way to speak to your guests!!!! Also the location of the hotel is not nice, dodgy characters on street corners close to hotel.

Good Breakfast & 24 Hour Coffee Facility. Spacious rooms & very clean. Friendly staff expect the manager Mery.

Didn't realize that it was so far from town. E helpful to have hourly shuttle that could be booked. But used LYFT instead

Staff were patient and helpful

Great deal and a great hotel!

Nothing to note, it was a great place.

The property was clean and only miles from a lot Boston has to offer. I left with no time to try out the breakfast offered. The staff was friendly and provided us with menus for take out when I had asked for recommendations. Even received a free drink and snack complimentary of the hotel.

Overall good value for the money, I'm sure the treadmill will be fixed for next time.

The noise from the street was a little loud. I woke up a couple of times during the night because of sirens. Not sure if it was a busy night for the EMS or just a coincidence but I was kinda restless. Also the gym was very small. There was only one stepper, one bike and one treadmill and the treadmill didn't work-super frustrating considering my stay was the night of the Boston marathon and there were plenty of other runners besides me in the hotel.

The breakfast was wonderful, I really like the omelets and wide array of choices for breakfast. There was also ample space for me to relax and eat however, I am an early riser so keep that in mind. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom a good size.

Noisy

Environmental around the hotel is not good. The hotel is noisy. Breakfast can be better.

Employees of breakfast are very good. The room is very big and bed comfortable.

Even though my stay was briefly my overall stay was great I would certainly return
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

My back hurts from sleeping on mattrass

I admire the cleanliness,very quite,cooperation of workers,room space was accommodated,brakefast was great my stay was only for a couple days not able to say more

It was comfortable
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood is questionable. There were a lot of “people” hanging around. Definitely would not suggest walking around the neighborhood. There wasn’t a lot around the hotel anyway

The hotel was nice and clean. There was parking. The restaurants a Cuban and Chinese next to hotel were very good

My reservation was last minute, So I hadn't done a lot...
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The wifi in the room was slower than just using my own data.

My reservation was last minute, So I hadn't done a lot of research on the property. I was blown away by the value to cost. Quality everything! I won't hesitate to book again.

Hotel was excellent!

Our Uber driver told us we were in a really bad area and told us not to walk outside the hotel or stand about; as we weren’t from the area we weren’t sure how true this was but it made us a little nervous

Hotel was excellent! And provided a free shuttle service which was great.

Overall happy to have stayed there

The locality was rough looking and public transport was several blocks away. However managable.

The room was large, bed comfortable, bathroom great. Aircon was good but difficult to set temperature. There are 2 good restaurants, 1 cuban, other asian. Has airport shuttle.

Nothing!!

Amassing! Staff was pleasant, bed was comfy. Traveled off of a bus at 1 am and they were more then excellent. Stayed earlier in the trip to Philly. Will be back!!

We were very well received and accommodated.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The pool was not warm enough for a comfortable swim... and at night, without the sun, was even worse and messy. Went for a daycation, with -enjoy the pool- for main thing on to do list and left a bit frustrated.

We were very well received and accommodated. All very well organized and clean. Breakfast was really nice!! Don't miss it!

Overall it was pleasant. The breakfast was cold but was was served was acceptable.

It appeared that certain facilities were open to the public and there was a drunk undesirable that was in the elevator with us that was not a guest at the hotel.

The breakfast was good and had variety of different things...

There is a hospital near by and the ambulance would pass at all hours of the night. It was hard to stay asleep with all the noise.

The breakfast was good and had variety of different things everyday. The bed was comfortable.

Great base from which to explore Boston

Excellent value for money, everything that’s required for a great stay in Boston. Nearest T station is under a mile away and city centre easily accessible

My stay was great no problems.

Hotel lobby and hallways need a bit of an update. Fitness room to small. Nothing there

Clean rooms that are spacious. Reateraunts attaxhed to hotel are Cuban and asian. Both great. Staff was helpful. Workout room. Not much there. 4 machines thats all. Pool small. Breakfast every day was GREAT for a free breakfast.

The stay at the hotel was so relaxing, convenient and to say the lease pleasant.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Breakfast tasted good but it was not what i expected and there wasn't that many choices. However, that did not ruin my experience. I wished they would have replenish towels more often. As we used the pool a lot.

I loved that it was very convenient stay. The amenities are awesome! The pool was clean and not crowded. Room was spacious and clean and staff was friendly. I would recommend to anyone who asks. This was a short getaway for me and my family and it was pleasant, my kid wouldn't stop saying how much fun it was and how much she liked the hotel room. Staying in this hotel again is definitely in my future plans. Price was good!

Wonderful breakfast and efficient running made our stay excellent

The location was sketchy outside the hotel in the morning and at night.

The breakfast was superb for an included breakfast with loads of hot options. All day fresh coffee and tea was great. Staff was always friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and let them know as much when we checked out!

Rooms were nice, but lots of street noise. No “spa” and payed parking.

It was very loud. Lots of street noise and the windows offered little sound proofing. I thought, by the listing there was a hot tub, which there wasn’t. And I had to pay for parking...also not clear from the listing.

The rooms were nice.

Great little spot. a bit out of the way of the typical tourist attractions. worth it for the rates

the wi-fi. dropped out fairly often. neither was it secured. use a vpn otherwise.

bed was too dam comfy! had a few lie-ins when i should have been out being the tourist! the breakfast was also awesome!

Pleasant staff, convenient single night stay in transit.

Lack of communication before arrival...2 messages sent through booking.com requesting info about airport shuttles not answered! Shower operation difficult, heating of room too cool.

Helpful staff, swimming pool, comfortable bed, spacious room, airport and south station shuttle.

All in all a very pleasant stay.

The front desk was aggravatingly slow, yet polite and apologetic.

My wife raved about the bed. She thought it was the most comfortable hotel bed she had ever slept in.

Nice hotel , close to the airport with Free wifi and breakfast.

There were red stains on the carpet (looked like blood). We had to take a taxi to the hotel, since the shuttle only runs until 8pm. We did not know this when booking online and it took us a while to get someone on the phone. The woman on the social media account actually responded quicker that the girl at the front desk. This woman was able to get us a reimbursement for our taxi ride to the hotel.

Free Wifi, airport shuttle and breakfast is the reason why i picked this hotel. Great service.

we loved the waffle machine, the sheets supersoft, the size of the bathroom, and the staff for sure!

Nothing!!

The staff was warm and friendly to make us feel like home, even hot chocolate and cookies all day!! The room was big for two of us, comfy, great bathroom as well. We lost the shuttle from airport but we called the hotel and they suggested us to take taxi and they will give us the money back, and was exactly like that.

Great hotel with a great service.

We were told by the taxi driver that the hotel was situated near three methadone clinics and he saw a gentleman 'shooting up' in the alley near where we were. Sure, he could have been mistaken, but needless to say we weren't in a hurry to go for any long walks following this.

Very good staff, excellent complimentary breakfast, comfy bed, lots of great 'extras' like complimentary coffee, free WiFi and a shuttle service that can save a fortune on taxis.

The room wasn’t as described and it was below my expectations espeacially for the price that it was

The light, cleanliness of the room and the amenities fixed. Someone came the next day to fix the tv for us

The breakfast, there was variety of stuff to eat for breakfast

The location was great, the breakfast was great, all...
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had to go outside to smoke and there is no shield to keep you from the cold. (like a bus stop shield) Other then that it was great!

The location was great, the breakfast was great, all together it was a great trip. the bed was very comfortable, pillows very comfy.

I had a slumber party for my daughter's birthday.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

N/a

I had a slumber party for my daughter's birthday. They gave us the conference room for us to eat breakfast, and they allowed us an house without other guess to go swimming.

Convenient and good value for short stays in the city!

Payment process was easy for straightforward transactions but ran into a bit of a snag when trying to split the cost of a room between two credit cards..but in the ended it was all sorted out. Breakfast could use improving, my boiled eggs were ice cold and the microwave did not work and since the choices for people with food allergies (I have a gluten allergy and I am vegetarian) were limited it would have been nice if what I could eat was not cold.

Great location - easy to get in and out of the city. Onsite parking is a plus even for the fee. Free airport shuttle also a plus. Payment process was easy for straightforward transactions and free breakfast was a nice touch...if you could eat it ( see below for things that need improving). Staff was very friendly and helpful!

I enjoyed this hotel

The oatmeal in the morning wasn’t hot. If that’s my only complaint,😏😂

I was at the hospital across the street and there was a blizzard forecast for the next day. My sister and I booked a room so we would be able to walk over in the morning and be with our very sick mom. The hotel was so relaxing after a very emotional day. The people at the desk were so pleasant and even had complimentary cookies,coffee,tea,&cocoa. The room was nice & clean and had all we needed. There is an Asian restaurant next door and the food & sushi was amazing. Overall I was impressed with the whole experience. The large breakfast in the morning ( complimentary) was the “ frosting on the cake “

Went to work relaxed after blizzard

I needed to leave early and missed breakfast

Stayed here for blizzard conditions... restful stress free for me. greeted @ desk with pick of beverage and snacks . Staff pleasant

i would not stay at Hamtons again

layout and size of the room, beds were too soft and hurt backs. choices of furniture were terrible. we stayed at king suite and half of the room was occupied by enormous desk. cups and other toiletries were not restocked for second night.

breakfast esp. waffles

Overall it was a good stay.

The airporr shuttle (as advertised) waa not available to pick us up when we landed at Logan at 10 pm. A $25 uber later we arrived at the hotel. I would have picked the location closer to the airport had i known this. The sheer curtains didn't provide a lot of privacy from the office building facing our room.

The staff was great, the room was comfortable and clean. It was great for our stay.

A good choice for Boston

The air conditioning in the room was very annoying. We were struggling to switch it off for good but it would always switch on automatically and make a lot of noise. In my communication with the hotel, I requested the shuttle from the airport but no one ever gave me information about it which would be very useful.

We stayed for 3 nights and paid around 300$. I was happy to pay this money because the room was very good (we got an upgrade upon arrival). There was a lot of space, bathroom had everything you'd need, there even was a small kitchen. The breakfast was fine, nothing special but you won't be starving. 24 hours coffee and tea- was a nice bonus as well as afternoon cookies at the reception. The Uber to the downtown costed around 6$ so the location was okay.

Ruined my Birthday!

I was livid that I planned my birthday here soley because on line it said that this place had a spa. When I arrived there was no spa. Front desk said oh that detail on the website is old. Well why is it still posted and advertised. Isn't that false advertisement? I would have totally picked another place to spend my money if I knew I wasn't getting what I really wanted for my birthday. Also the parking ticket for the garage was not working when I arrived nor was it when it was time for us to go! Desk attendants were pretty nonchalant and made excuses for everything.Never going back!

I enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the hotel.

Decent location outside the centre. Clean and pleasant rooms.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Reception when we arrived seemed unfriendy but other than this the staff were very good, especially the cleaning and breakfast teams.

Good breakfast and large room.

It was the most wonderful 5 nights stay in my life.

Pork free meals is not provided everyday. But you still can have waffles, cereals, potatoes and other stuffs. I recommend the hotel to provide halal or kosher food :)

The room was awesome. I like the massage shower at the bathroom. The breakfast was heavenly. The bust stop is 2 min walk. Many people reviewed that the hotel surroundings is not so safe. Maybe so, but I didnt encounter any problem. Just be more careful. If you afraid, just walk another 100m to the next bus stop. You’ll feel safer there. I think it is not a big issue for the safety in the day. For the night, until 10pm was still ok. After than 10pm, I am not sure but you can take uber if you worry.

I like that there was breakfadt

I like that there was breakfast. Good coffee and good apple cider also the staff was friendly. The location is not good there is a hospital on the corner so be prepared to listen to the sirens all night.Bed frames need to be updated(squeaky noise every time you move).

I like that there was breakfadt

Good

Location to the main part of Boston was a bit far and several people complained about the shuttle times being different and not as frequent as told when they booked

The staff, Danny, the breakfast staff, front desk, were excellent and offered excellent customer service.

Mediocre

Shuttle service wasn't available. I ended up having to take ubers to and from airport. Big reason I booked that hotel was for the shuttle.

It was just very fair

Very satisfied
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The gym could use a little maintenance (ie) the trade-mill belt needs to be tighten, I’m currently serving in the military, so running is an everyday thing even on vacation, but other than that, my family and I are extremely satisfied with our stay there.

Staff was really nice, professional, and helpful

The bed was nice and comfy with the room being roomy.

Constant sound of sirens from my side of the hotel, bath could've been tad longer as deep cuboard space not needed. The room wasn't serviced even when leaving during afternoon,few stains on bed spreading but had plenty of towel's. Might of been little too pricey for what I paid.

The bed was nice and comfy with the room being roomy. Breakfast okay, pancake machines were an extra treat.

Very well maintained facility, very helpful staff, very clean comfortable room.

The breakfast was included with the room it was good, but not great. I am just nit picking.

It was overall, a really good experience. Clean comfortable room, clean facilities and very good hotel staff. Very good location to restaurants, bars, about a ten minute walk. I wish we had more time, we would have explored Boston a lot more. I would definitely return.

There were not enough staff on duty and not enough information given. Hotel gave us a number to text which we did to order a taxi. We were in reception at the agreed time but it did not show up. Then had to queue over 15 mins to report this as only one person one reception. Bad experience

Breakfast was ok and beds were comfy

A shuttle was provided to the downtown area during the day,...

A shuttle was provided to the downtown area during the day, but if you stayed in the downtown for dinner, there was not shuttle. We walked back one night and it took an hour.

We had fun

They have a master light switch. In the middle of the night when you are half asleep you have to turn that switch on to be able to turn on the bathroom light and when you turn the master switch on it turns the lights on in the rest of the room. There is no literature in the room about room service or restaurant menus.

Rooms are fine, clean.

The gym is Very anemic, very little equipment and is not adapted to a hotel located in an area without parks where it can be run.

Rooms are fine, clean. The breakfast area is very crowded and there is no room, but an employee named Danny helped us a lot and found us a place.

Great city and plenty of relax.

Quite far from the center but well connected with public transportations.

Thw structure is brand new. Clean and big rooms. Great staff and stunning breakfast.

Too many alternative choices to pick from in today’s day and age for such poor customer service!!!

The staff is incompetent and does not pay attention or listen to the customer. My card was charged a pending charge of $1500.00 for 4 nights limiting my funds when I explicitly asked the clerk to divide it amongst 2 cards. She ignored my request and not until I checked my cards balance did I realize what she did. She only apologized and I had to make several requests to get anyone in management to assist me. I still haven’t heard from the general manager after leaving a voicemail. The same clerk was asked to reserve my party for the airport shuttle and this wasn’t done as well. The staff is Terrible and did not care how much they inconvenienced me or how their imbecilic actions affected my trip/vacation. I will let everyone I know of the poor service received.

Breakfast was good

Disappointed
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was horrible! The food choices nearby were very limited. I'm not a fan of cuban. The neighborhood was scary. There was no information in the room on hotel amenities.

There wasn't much.

Comfortable and accessible but not in the heart of Boston.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The use of cardboard and plastic EVERYTHING for breakfasts and tea/coffee. Americans will settle for anything. Europeans wouldn't accept it. The shuttle service was very slow. We waited an hour and a half to be picked up from airport.

Size of room and bathroom, plenty of towels, a bus route close by to get to other forms of transport

Would stay again

We called the hotel when we arrived at the airport but the shuttle did not arrive. When I called back, the shuttle had already stopped running (Iater evening) and she told us to take a cab and they would cover it which they did but it was still aggravating.

Rooms were a good size and very comfortable. Loads of toiletry items, many I've never seen before like facial wipes, it was appreciated. Good breakfast, 24 hr coffee station, allowed a later check out at no cost

It was perfect for what we needed.

Having the cleaning staff a little more quieter in the hallway in the morning as my room was by the elevator and was woken up by there talking.

The front desk was very helpful answering all our question since we arrived early so we could explore Boston.

Don't trust this hotel to save your room for you if you arrive late!

Regrettably we arrived at this hotel 2.5 hours later than anticipated at 10.30pm or thereabouts. Our train to Boston was very late. We found that the two rooms I had booked for 3 people (a twin and a single) had been given to other customers. We were offered a room with one double bed but one of us would have to go to another hotel some miles away. After strong protestations the management brought a a fold-up bed to the room with a double bed, which two people reluctantly had to share. So all three of us shared one room. Despite not being charged, the hotel's practice was appalling.

horrible,except for breakfast.

the location is horrible,sirens, horns honking, all night long.the walls are paper thin.had to run the a/c constantly on cold to help drown the noise out,nearly froze to death.glad we were there only 2 nights.the free hotel shuttle from airport shuts off at 8pm.your screwed out of it if you arrive 2 hours later, like I did.

breakfast

Good location, staff was friendly and the room was nice.

More seating for breakfast would be nice, we ended up bringing our breakfast to our room. Also making sure the room is 100% cleaned. The hair dryer, although I didn't need to use it, was disgusting and the bed skirt was noticibly dirty.

Good location, staff was friendly and the room was nice.

Breakfast is good!

Front desk was horrible! She forgot my reservation for hotel's shuttle bus to Logan AP. I had to end up paying all cost of Uber the hotel arranged. It was unbelievable!

Breakfast is good!

Very delightful.

I didn't like when I ask a question and the front desk clerk, told me it was across the street. Come to find out it was across the street, but way down the street, not really in walking distance like I had ask. You need to have a bus to take you down the street to the Liquor Store. It is like a 20 minute walk both ways.

The bed was very comfortable. The pillows was nice and soft. The room was perfect. The breakfast food was good. had a very nice selection.