Reviews of Wingate by Wyndham Richardson 3 stars

1577 Gateway Boulevard, Richardson, TX 75080, USA

#7 of 18 hotels in Richardson

Staff were very friendly and helpful all the time, rooms...

Breakfast was not good at all, same breakfast every day with a very limited options.

Staff were very friendly and helpful all the time, rooms were cleaned everyday. Location and view were perfect.

Take the stairs

Shortly after I arrived a man knocked on my door and wanted to come in. Based on his appearance and lack of a reason to come in, I was very hesitant. As I went to shut the door he finally told me he is the Maintenance man and that my room phone does not work. This ended up being true as he looked at it and then went and got a new cord for it and replaced it. I stayed in the room until he was done because I was not fully sure he was telling the truth at first. The elevators kind of do what they want and need adjustment. One door closed on me right after it opened and pinned my boot. It did not open and I had to reach to hit a button to get it to open so I could get my foot back. If I was much shorter I would have been stuck unable to reach a button. They also adjust and move a lot when opening and closing.

Its a decent place but I probably wont stay again. check in was easy and the lady was friendly. Check out was fast but the guy just kind of looks at you and doesn't talk other than to ask room number.

I like the friendly staff.

Everything was good for my experience.

I like the friendly staff. I like the cleanliness of the hotel overall. The beds are very comfortable and its quiet.

I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Some of the maids have bad attitudes but management handles it pretty quickly.

The staff is so accommodating. Anything that you need is provided to you. They are constantly asking if there's anything they can do to improve your stay. Breakfast is pretty packed on the weekends so I'd advise you get there early. Beds are pretty comfortable and the rooms are clean.

Overall a good stay.

Ambiance of the room. The room was dark and not well lighted. This has potential to hide a lot - including some cobwebs in my room.

Location of the hotel. Good staff

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Location, fridge and microwave in room.

Got locked out of room twice. Elevator buttons didn't light up. Bed not comfortable. Breakfast on weekends started too late, so could not enjoy. Had to me up and out. Didn't get channels we should have.

Location, fridge and microwave in room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The staff were pleasant.

The swimming pool was closed the whole week and has been closed for a few weeks due to a telephone issue this was not advertised at time of booking and if this had been we would of gone to different hotel

The breakfast was good, the front desk staff made you feel...

The air was not working quite well. And the pool was closed for service

The breakfast was good, the front desk staff made you feel welcome and was kind. I was close to my event.

I liked everything, very clean and comfy, also very close to...

The pool was under construction, i just caught it at a bad time tho over all was great

I liked everything, very clean and comfy, also very close to the convention center where i needed to be everyday

My go-to when i'm in the area for business and need a room!

Nothing bad to say about this establishment...

All around great establishment. Staff is amazing and will always do what it takes to help you out with any needs. Location is also great; don't let the negative remarks fool you. Rooms are nicely sized, CLEAN, and COMFORTABLE!

Overall the stay was good and I would stay again.

I stayed at the hotel two weeks but in different rooms. The first room 425 was fine but the 2nd room 323 bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. It really bothered my allergies.

Friendly staff

Greatest bang for you buck!

The pool wasn’t available and green but I only stayed overnight so it wasn’t that big of a deal.

It was very clean and it looked exactly like the pictures. Can’t beat the price.

Staff was nice

First night tv did not work. Manager tried to fix but could not. No maintenance person available. 2nd day ice machine didn't work and hair dryer didn't work.

Staff was nice

Total bummer!

We were woken up abruptly at 7:15 AM by some crazy loud noise which sounded like something being thrown at our window (on the 3rd floor). I called down to the desk to ask what the heck was going on from my cell phone (because the phone in the room did not work) and was told they were working on some roof repairs. I explained that it was entirely too early to start such a project on a weekend morning. I was told they would try to stop it , but needless to say it was not stopped. I was infuriated as check out time was not until 11 am and I had intended to sleep in that morning. In the event they knew that they were expecting roof repairs to be done, they should've placed us in a different area of the hotel or at the very least, warned us of the repairs to be completed . I checked out early as I could not go back to sleep. The guy at the front desk said I'm sorry which of course is just not enough. Would definitely not recommend this place to anyone else as there was not attempt to satisfy or attempt to repair the customer service failure.

Most of the hotel was recently renovated. Everything was new and clean.

Great place to stay.

It is starting to show a tiny bit of water damage in the bathrooms along the wall near the bathtub. The elevators are a bit rough at the stop.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean, quiet and well appointed.

Very nice.

The room freshener scent was much too strong both in the room and in the halls. I had an allergic reaction. Just tone it down a bit!

Comfortable beds.

Location was convenient
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room was not serviced the whole day, and we had to call on return to room at 5PM. Breakfast quality was so so. There was no place to sit down on Sat morning and we had to take food to our room.

Well, I’m in the process of booking another night after I finish this survey

Nothing that I can think of at this time

The eggs were good, the bed was comfortable, you have to keep in mind that I have traveled and stayed in other hotels in hotels that are just a little better, the Wingate for the price it’s definitely heads above other hotels in this particular price range

Staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, by far the...

Air conditioning was a little weak, and a thermostat would have been good so it didn't run the whole night.

Staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, by far the best part of the stay

I liked the hotel.

My room was close to the elevator; which isn't the issue. The problem was that the elecator makes such loud noises that all night we thought someone was knocking on the door. The toilets flush really loudly as well so those can be heard through the walls. It's not so bad unless your sleep and the noises wake you.

I liked the hotel. It served it's purpose. It was convenient and clean. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot.

The sheets on my bed had a large urine stain which had not been properly laundered! Completely unacceptable! No housekeeping staff available at that time so I had to sleep in a bed without sheets! Unable to obtain a receipt and check out in the morning as both computers were malfunctioning at the front desk

Managers reception with finger food and drinks reception is a very nice touch for guests

Not a cheerful hotel

Breakfast area was tight, constricted. Room decorations were old, especially bathroom tanks were not good in position. First I was given a room with quite old furniture and a smell coming from the AC. When I complained, my room was changed to a better one but one night I noticed a bug in my bed and my room was changed again. But next day I left.

Front desk staff was friendly.

Nice and friendly staff. Clean and nice room. Quiet.

The hotel is a bit "warn". The hallways have seen better days. Once you enter the room, it all changes. The room was quite nice. I could see the age in the shower, but really the accommodations were very good.

The room was always clean

Very pleasant

The beds were were too high for our liking--us older senior citizens struggled.

The eggs were excellent as was the whole breakfast. The front desk person was polite and very helpful.

Our stay was ok, but the hotel had an feeling of neglect and rundown.

The breakfast was pretty poor, potatoes that looked like they had only been microwaved, no color. The only creamer was Hazelnut flavored, & only one kind of jelly. The bed was comfortable enought, but I hate those little square pillows. What has happened to regular pillows?

Room size & bed comfort were fantastic. Hotel was not the cleanest & that impacted my opinion.

I was most unhappy with cleanliness. I am an event planner so first impressions are my business. The elevator floor & mat was dirty almost every day. After my room had been cleaned by housekeeping, once the desk area still had dirty empty coffee cups on it, trash can not emptied. Another day, the dirty towels were left on the floor near the toilet; that means to me that the cleaning was cursory at best. The towel issue occured AFTER I had complained to the front office about the dirty items & trash can! The breakfast was OK. It was the exact same thing several days in a row and it seemed like at around 8:45, the staff was more concerned with cleaning up than making sure guests had fresh eggs, potatoes etc. Except for the last day (Thursday morning), the staff overseeing buffet made fresh eggs at around 8:55 because a few of us had come down around 8:45. Then she sweetly went around and offered us fresh eggs.

Comfortable bed, comfortable over space in the room.

Just okay

Doesn't look as good in oerson as the photos. The rooms are a bit small and the beds seem like doubles rather than queen size. The breakfast buffet that everyone raves about is low end. The hit items seems to be made from frozen.

The breakfast buffet has a waffle station, yogurt, cereal and limited fresh fruit. They also have complimentary beer on week nights.

Overall was nice

Lobby was small. It was too crowded at breakfast, and I didn't eat. AC unit made a squeaking sound the entire time(sounded like a bird).

Room was clean

Beds were comfortable but too tall.

No Problems.

Beds were comfortable but too tall. Difficult to get in bed! Breakfast area was small but clean. Employees were courteous and helpful. Thank you!

You get what you paid for plus some mold thrown in for free.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Basically everything else was horrible. You get what you paid for though. Mildew in the bathroom and mold in the A/C units, rust accumulated on the desk lamp. Dingy, dark, a little scary, and not all that clean.

The mattress was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Good place to stay if you are trying to rapidly get on 75 North but not the cleanest place to enjoy

I Was not able to check-in before 8pm because they did not have any clean room. The hall's carpet was home for candy wraps, toothpicks and other debris.

Located near a major highway.

All in all was a good stay & I would probably stay there again.

This place was good for the money. The breakfast was decent for powered eggs. 2 days before checking in I called to speak to a manager 2 times for 2 days & none was available. The first night there we were awakened by the sound of a child banging on our door saying help me around 4:30 am. When we open the door no child was there. We called the front desk 3 times from the room phone, cell phone, & let it ring & ring with no answer. We walked to the front desk & no one was there. While walking to the front desk we noticed one of the exit doors that required our key to open was wedged fully open with no one around. The exit door by our room which also required our key to open would not shut all the way & would not lock so security was lacking. Our room which was very clean & nice but had this moldy smell to it

Room was nice & clean & reasonably spaceish. The staff was nice but no manger was EVER on duty.

Would not stay here again

The toilet in my room was broken and reported 3 times over 3 days with no improvement. Air conditioning will not go below 68. Locked at that temp.

I felt safe. Food at breakfast was okay. Muffins,waffles, eggs, etc.

4.0
    Not impressed

Room 133 was freshly bug bombed for bed bugs. We got sick and the bed bugs were still there. We changed rooms. New room A/C would not get very cold.

I give this place a C+

The location and parking were great. But the room was somewhere between fair and good. I think of this place as an upscale Motel 6. The PTAC unit did not cool the room enough so sleeping was not real comfortable. The cable was limited, the remote very basic without even a back button, no channel guide, not enough counter space in the bathroom. This hotel just didn't have the touches your would expect from a nice hotel. The appearance of the room was nice. Some of the staff was friendly, some ignored me completely as I came in for the evening or left in the morning. The continental breakfast was pretty pathetic. If I had to stay here again because everything else was booked or way too expensive, I would. But I would certainly avoid it if I had a better choice.

The location and parking were great.

The room was Hot with poor air conditioning.

The room was extremely hot! We asked the front desk and were told that's just a hot floor keep your lights out and blinds closed. We will not stay at this property again.

It was close to where we had to be for the weekend.

Dump. Stay somewhere else.

Stuffy room, AC not working well, mildew smell in room and halls, dirty bathroom, dirty carpets, spongy bed, underwhelming breakfast, coffee like water.

Lots of outlets in the room.

Fast, Friendly and Amazing!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Maybe a better selection of snacks in the lobby.

Comfortable bed and AMAZING PILLOWS!!! I always try to find these pillows to purchase but cannot!! Breakfast was great! Love Love the waffles and the set up! Much easier that other waffle making areas at other hotel!

Good location, safe area.

Cleaning staff was rude and did not take care of the room properly. May issues with checking in, front desk staff ok, but not very professional.

Good location, safe area.

Great family place to stay

The cable didn't work in our room. I didn't worry about it so much as we weren't in there long. I did report it as I checked out and they said they would take care of it.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful for any and all requests. The lobby was clean and cozy too. Easy to check in/out with no hassles.

Wingate by Wyndham Graduation Stay

The only complaint I had (which I mentioned to hotel staff), is that the parking lot needs better lighting!

The location of the hotel was very convenient. The room was spacious and very appealing-comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Would stay there again

I appreciated the small fridge & microwave, the availability of power outlets, storage, bed, breakfast, proximity of parking, etc etc. it was good value for money.

Dirty sheets

Very surprised by the high ratings of this hotel. There was a large, crusty stain on underside of the sheets which we discovered when we were finally getting into bed at night. The bathroom was also not very clean, and looked like it hadn't been updated since the late 1990s. The staff was pleasant but it wasn't a great feeling to be out over 200 dollars and have a dirty room. The hallway on the fourth floor also smelled like urine, hopefully(?)/probably from a pet. The quality this hotel delivers does not match the relatively higher price tag or the high booking.com ratings.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great stay with some glitches.

Shower faucet leaked, but moved us to another room next day. Fire alarm rang for 10 to 20 seconds then shut off on last night stay. Could not go back to sleep.

Great location. Nice rooms.

Not worth it. Stay elsewhere.

This place is wore out. The couch in King room was disgusting, covered in stains and build up of dirt fuzz balls on arms. We asked to be moved to a cleaner room. Front desk said cleaning personnel still onsite and they will take care of it. We also asked for a new ironing board bc the cover would not stay on (too sml). Nothing was touched on those two items upon our return to room. The next day we requested a towel and an ironing board 40 mins later, we had to call again for this request to be answered. Also, the elevators were questionable...

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Enjoyable experiance I will return.

I was on conference calls a lot when I was there so really didn't notice much about their flaws. Great job

I want to say that Nanci was awesome. I really like the fact I could do a late check out. She was very patient. I have a out of state bank and was having issues with transferring money. Neither her or management got on my case because of it. I would stay there anytime I can.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Perhaps we got the wrong floor?
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

3rd floor Hallway and room were very musty. Metal lamp in room was pitted with rust. Turned on AC unit and both of us started sneezing a lot. Think it was mold in the room. we got there in the middle of the managers happy hour. A few cold cheese sticks where left. Beer was flat. Chips and salsa were gone. Crumbs and an empty salsa bowl. No one came to refill anything for the remaining hour.

Beds were comfortable. Good location. Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Good value for short business trips

The room was of ample size, however, there was no actual closet to hang up clothing. There was a small armoire instead and large dresser that doubled as a tv stand. It works for a 1 or 2 day business trip if your the only one in the room, but if you plan on staying longer you'll need to pack conservatively if you are used to using a closet to hang your clothing. The toilet was retrofitted to use less water per flush, but the poor installation caused the water to run constantly and not permit the reservoir tank to refill properly without having to take the lid off the tank and manually shut the stopper. Just a minor inconvenience. Could use a renovation in the hallways such as better lighting or brighter colors. Everything was varying shades of dark brown which gave the place a dreary feel as you walked from your room to the elevator. This was in stark contrast to the lobby which was very bright and modern looking.

It was close to the highway, close to restaurants and quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Liked it better the last three times!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room smelled a bit musty. I sprayed Fabreeze so that I could get to sleep. This was the first time that I was not totally pleased with everything about this facility.

It was quiet so I was able to rest well.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

It's ok. But never again in this location!!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Restroom was full of hair not cleaned right. I was so tired I just took a room but if I was on a vacation and have time to talk and argue I would made a big fit.

Staff

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

No the eggs were actually the low point of the breakfast.

See the breakfast comments

No the eggs were actually the low point of the breakfast..... powdered and consequently noticeably poor.... breakfast I general had degraded substantially since being there in the last 9months

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Not great but a place to sleep.

Terrible mini pillows. They were what I would put on my couch! Pool was dirty. There was a smattering of something on the bed headboard... I don't want to know what it was. On my way out the fire alarms went off for no reason and the elevators locked up. I called the front desk to have them fixed and was told it would be reset. After waiting for 15 minutes of nothing, I ended up lugging myself and my luggage down from the top floor stairs.

It was close to where I needed to be. Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

It was a nice hotel.

Everything was fine.

The location of the hotel was very good. When we arrived it was extremely cold outside and in our room. The heater was broken in our room but the staff quickly moved us and they assisted with the move..

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

well I did like the location quiet away from the hectic city.

room wasn't that clean. the location of the elevators wasn't convenient as well.

well I did like the location quiet away from the hectic city.staff was excellent as well despite my late check in.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Wish all the places we stayed was this good!

Keep up the good work.

The rooms were comfortable, elegant and no weird smells. I felt safe and happy. The front desk staff was excellent both in person and on the phone. They even found my camera charger and battery I left behind.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Value for money hotel

No complaints

Our stay was seamless from arrival through reception; very comfortable accommodation which was immaculate; to check out, highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

They have Microwave in each room.

No tissue paper near the bed area or near table. They don't have mirrors near the table. There's no lights near the whole body mirror. The room is too dry when open the ac with heating. There's no fan in the bathroom. The only two treadmills are both out of work.

They have Microwave in each room. They have a big table and also can expand to a larger table. The bathroom is big with big mirrors.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

good hotel, breakfast needs work

breakfast was not competitive -- they should have sausage and bacon (protein) options everyday, not alternating days, or some other plan, everyday is necessary so business people can count on it. Also the eggs are not acceptable -- they are powder eggs, not real eggs, they must be real eggs.

room was clean, decor was pleasant,

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

was very good

The bath tub dripped water the entire time. That was the only problem. It did make it hard to soak in a hot bath as it dripped cold water.

I loved it. The room was great.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The place to stay for business or pleasure.

There are a few problems with issus. The staff is working very hard to solve these issues and will make every effort to make your stay perfect.

The staff is incredible. The beds are very comfortable. Each room has great amenities. You could stay in your room and have everything you need without having to ask, however the breakfast is incredible as well as the happy hour.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

I enjoyed my stay.

When I travel in for classes, I usually arrive around 12:00. It would be nice to be able to get into my room before 3:00. I would also love to have a healthy choice of oatmeal (not packaged) for breakfast. I am gluten free and sugar free because of health issues.

The room was nicely arranged for comfort. Everything was clean and not overly perfumed. I have allergies to perfumed products that most hotels use. I asked at the desk when I arrived if they could not spray my room if they were still in the process of cleaning.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

A good enough hotel that's in a safe area.

Not very many choices for breakfast, but it was better than most (they actually had sausage patties). Small square pillows took some getting used to. Sofa had a few stains on it.

Comfortable bed, shower was hot and the room was tastefully arranged.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great value & convenient

Room (205) was right next to VERY noisy elevator & water pressure in shower could've been better. But great value for the price!

Convenience, cleanliness, staff, bed comfort, price, free breakfast, free parking

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Everything was good.

No shuttle service and airport pickup, though they booked a yellow cab for me everytime i need one.

Everything was good. Excet they did not have the shuttle service though ita mentioned on booking.com that they have it.. they do not provide a pick up or rip from or to airport.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

It was close to the Civic Center which made it easier to get...

The cleanliness of the hotel was lacking. Dirty shower, half used toiletries, etc.

It was close to the Civic Center which made it easier to get to our meeting.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Didn't get what we paid for!!

Well we booked with booking.com and booked a king size bed. We got confirmation of this but once we arrived at the hotel we were told we could not have the king size bed , which was why we went with this hotel, and they still charged us the king size room price. We never read that this could possibly happen and had absolutely no reason as a couple to need two queen beds when we wanted a romantic anniversary weekend with the king size bed. Will not go back to this hotel again! It made our romantic night a bust as we didn't get what we booked or paid for!!

It seemed clean and nice and breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

The Breakfast was good.

There was like a humid smell in the room. I don't know if it was because the air vents but it was kinda bothersome.

The Breakfast was good. The room was great and good size. overall confortable

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Quiet, even though near the highway.

I arrived late at night and it took over 30 minutes to get to my room as they sent me to room with a broken lock and took too long to get me into a functioning room.

Quiet, even though near the highway.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Being handicapped the rooms were as far as possible from the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Being handicapped the rooms were as far as possible from the reception area and the door we were told to use had no handicapped parking or handicapped ramp at the door. The room was very small and no place to set a suitcase. The second day they had a planned water heater replacement without notifying the residents and I was almost in the shower when the water went off just after 9 a.m.. Not a happy day, they did move us to another facility. That's another unhappy experience.

Breakfasts were good ,no bacon on my visit.

There was no place to put our luggage.The only place to put it was on the floor. We called the front desk and ask for help. There reply and it may be company standard was to put it on the floor. I do not like my suitcase on the floor. So for this reason I will not be using your hotel again.

Breakfasts were good ,no bacon on my visit. Beds were comfortable. Lot of room to park.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Nice place for short stay.

No safety rails in tub, no meat Sunday (not everyone likes SOS), carpet appeared soiled.

Price, efficiency and friendliness of desk staff, location, size, height of toilet (often too low).

Good

No restaurant

Staff very courteous & helpful rooms comfortabĺe

Everything was wonderful

We liked everything no dislikes

Everything was extremely nice and comfortable

The elevator is very slow & sometimes your not sure the...

The elevator is very slow & sometimes your not sure the door will open.

will stay there again on next trip to Richardson

Nothing that stands out was wrong

clean rooms