Reviews of Hampton Inn Daytona Shores-Oceanfront 3 stars

3135 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#13 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

Best hotel for the value!!!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

Honestly, the only thing I wished they had was an indoor pool for rainy days.

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was excellent. The breakfast was always great. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for the price point!

🤗🤗
    • Queen Room with Partial View

We was under the impression that the rooms came with a pull out bed

Customer service was awesome breakfast was great and we was there the weekend that they had an awesome pool party and cookout

The best overall vacation we've had in awhile and will return to Hampton Inn Daytona Beach soon!
    • Oceanfront King Accessible with Tub

We would of liked a small eating table with 2 chairs.

Bed was so comfortable. Bathroom was fixed great for a handicap individual, which my wife has had a knee replacement and its hard for her to get up from the stool. Also the shower was great. It was quiet, peaceful, and restful. Just what we needed. Enjoyed the view off our balcony.

Wonderful time visiting beach and Vittoria's across the street
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast could have had a few more healthy options--more whole grain. BUT fresh fruit was really nice.

Perfect location with great access to beach, restaurants and drive across the river to more. Great value and friendly staff. Cookies at 7 pm

Worth it
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator is too small and parking is limited.

The breakfast was delicious, the beds were like clouds, and housekeeping was friendly and did a good job. I loved the elephant made with the towels.

Great value for a relaxing vacation.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Difficult to enter/walk at night in the rear parking lot for senior handicap person using the swimming pool ramp to the entrance door. It is a long walk to enter. I didn't realize it, maybe I would drop her off at the main front entrance. Perhaps the reception desk staff could advise the guests at check in since free parking is appreciated.

Great free breakfast menu items available, Roomy dining area and clean coffee bar.Great room with an ocean view & balcony. Table & chairs available in room. Nice clean bathroom with towels. Friendly helpful staff.

Very bad ,nothing good to be said
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

I booked a smoke free room . I was given a exceptionally foul Smokey room . hotel would not swap for smoke free as they were 100% booked. I tried to sleep with the balcony door open but that did not work. I checked out the next morning one day early and they said I had to still pay for the next night . They blamed it on booking .com. This hotel is no where near the standards of Hilton’s Hampton inns. Most Hampton Inss are totally smoke free.

Awesome stay and definitely returning next year !
    • Oceanfront Queen Accessible with tub

Larger waste paper baskets and more than one extra toilet paper as it didn’t last, more bathroom counter space

Excellent breakfast options, homemade cookies at night, very handicap acessible, and awesome front desk staff (Donna and Ashley). Mades us feel like we were home for the week 😬

Selecting this hotel definitley made the trip memorable, .like being at home on the beach.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything not to like........

I've stayed in very nice 5-Star hotels across the country, and this hotel was nothing less. It rivals such well known hotels as the Drury, Downtown San Antonio and many others. Spotless room, beautiful balcony views. One of the best breakfast selections with different items daily and the food continuously fresh. Great staff!!

Horrible room location!
    • Queen Room with Partial View

Our room was right next to the elevator which was ok. It was the mechanical/elevator room, laundry room right across from our room that was EXTREMELY NOISY!! We didn't sleep hardly at all!! It was miserable!!!

The location was great. The breakfast and cookies were really good.

Hotel was perfect for what we needed it for.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint I have is that the walls are VERY thin. We could hear everything going on outside our front door.

Hotel was perfect for what we needed it for. Beds and linens were cozy. A little dated and priced high, but that was only because it was bike week. However, it was right on the water, clean, well staffed and convenient to everything!

I enjoyed my stay
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The tub was very slick. I slipped twice while showering. Very dangerous The building shook at times makes me wonder about structure/foundation.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Some were cleaning endlessly That was great to see I heard a lot of Jamaican accents so that ensured me that cleanliness was at the top of the list.

We had a wonderful time and beautiful weather!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking wasn’t the best but it wasn’t extremely bad. The price seemed really high for the rooms but we didn’t have a lot of options but overall it was wonderful!

Breakfast was wonderful! Beds were very comfortable!

Excellent value for the price. Definitely will visit again!
    • Queen Room with Partial View

The beds were too "springy" for my taste. If I moved and inch, the whole mattress would react to my movement, causing my wife to complain every time I moved. But I guess you just can't have a single mattress to satisfy every preference there is. Also, and while this is not a deal-breaker for me, the rooms are not sound-proof. Opening and closing of nearby doors could be heard loudly from inside the room. This was especially bothersome during housekeeping duties, when staff would continuously go in and out of the maintenance room and leave the door to close by itself. Same thing happened with kids going in and out of their room at all times of the day (or perhaps they just timed it right when I was in my room?).

Clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff. Very satisfying breakfast and the view from the restaurant was absolutely perfect.

Good location would definatly stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room

There was two young kids (looked to be around 10 - 12 years old) running around at breakfast slamming everything and making a big mess parents where not there. the same two were in the pool with parent watching from inside and they were very rude and cussing. They were even arguing with the guy that was trying to clean the pool

staff was friendly Hotel was clean and right on the beach. Had a city view room but could still see the beach from the window.

Perfect location.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

Building and room were old and little bit dirty.

Location was perfect. Walk to beach in couple of seconds. Daytona beach was clean and beautiful. Staff was very friendly.

An average hotel but over priced
    • Oceanfront King Room

The hotel was all right, but nothing special, and it seemed over priced for an early December stay with very few guests.

Lovely king size room. Breakfast room was attractive and comfortable. Great view of the beach.

Will not be back to this Hampton Inn. Can't get it right and can't make it right with the customer.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is the second year in a row I have booked a smoking room or at least a balcony I could smoke on and have NOT received what I booked. I even had confirmation of the smoking room. Twice no smoking room and no effort was made to accommodate their error. I work with the public and I know when we make a error we do everything we can to make it right. A gift card , a refund something to show our customer we apologize for our error and value them as a customer. I received nothing. Will not make reservations again. They made no effort.

Closeness to beach. Clean

Lock up anything of value in the room safe or take it with you
    • Standard Queen Room

Hot tub was not looking clean full of soap? We wanted to make sure that we checked our house before making this accusation but it is now confirmed I had a very expensive bottle of Italian wine stolen from my backpack while in the room probably the second day we were there. It was given to me by a friend to celebrate our vacation . Very disappointed in this. I expect someone to contact me about this my room was 416

Breakfast as really good and so was the staff who produce it

Worst stay ever
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

stuck us in a smoking room when i clearly booked no smoking room, and would not let us change rooms since we used booking.com for reservation my family suffered thru 3 nights in a disgusting smoky room.

Everything great except parking.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was horrible. Not enough spaces for guest and no room to get in or out when you did find a space.

Great location, super clean rooms and friendly staff.

Great stay! We'll be back!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

Beds were a little too high for us old folks to climb into but once we mastered it they were so comfy

Very clean, super comfortable beds and great breakfast. Second year for us and we will be back. Friendly and very helpful employees.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

everything was great.
    • Queen Room with Partial View

parking lot was tight.. but nothing really the hotel could do about that :)

everything was great.. clean and accommodating. They were able to complete my request for early check in

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great value. Good for families!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

It was a little far from restaurants and better stores, but Crabby Joe's on the pier is nearby and well worth a visit.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast with plenty of seating and good views of the ocean. Great beach directly behind the hotel. Traffic is light, which makes for easy driving.

Nice above average hotel right at the beach!
    • Oceanfront King Room

Bit far from the Pier and boardwalk, parking lot between ocean and the hotel ruins the great views when you are in a lower floor. Very old lazy chair in room, dirty (room 201) needs replacement.

A little better than average, bevause of the good breakfast and updated rooms and bathrooms. Nice pool.

Great value and perfect location
    • Oceanfront Queen Accessible with tub

Our two queen beds were equally uncomfortable. No bar or restaurant on-site. Only breakfast.

The property is really clean and the staff is friendly. Nice, quiet location. Far away for the tourist sector, a big plus. Good breakfast. Wide selection of choices.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

loved it for an overnight get away for mothers day. She loved it. thanks
    • Queen Room with Partial View

change out the plastic silverware at breakfast for the real thing. I do not care for plastic-ware. Not impressed with that selection. Please keep the hot chocolate out with coffee. My children wanted hot chocolate but could only get it at breakfast.

We took mom over to the beach for an overnight trip. plenty of pillows but you will need two, they go flat pretty fast. Entire facility was spotless. Friendly staff. Beach access could not be better. Parking is tight but very close. Breakfast was pretty good. LOTS of seating to eat and watch TV, always a plus. Breakfast staff did a great job keeping everything stocked.

Punished for booking through 'third party.'
    • Standard Queen Room

The desk clerk essentially told us that because we booked through a 'third party' and not directly through the hotel, we were given the worst room. We were across from the stairs, the laundry room and the electrical equipment room. The Hotel employees constantly slammed doors from early morning to late night. When we asked for anything we were repeatedly told "We can't do anything for you - you booked through a third party."

Beach

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

A great place to stay!
    • Queen Room with Partial View

There was nothing I didn't like.

Everyone was extremely friendly and they answered all my questions without hesitation. Even with it being "bike week" and they were very busy, they never seemed rushed, took their time and were very pleasant with everyone they spoke with. The rooms were wonderful and the beds are amazing! I haven't slept that well in a long time. The hotel is nicely located to many restaurants and the little souvenir shop across the street was a bonus since I didn't have a car to go places. The breakfast had a large variety of food that took care of all types of eaters. If you went away hungry from breakfast, it was your own fault. The vending machines were a nice bonus too and I liked how you could use your cards as well as cash. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel when we return to Florida for business and pleasure.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Nice Place
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sliding glass door sill tripped us more than once.....otherwise great.....

Very nice complimentary breakfast....comfortable and clean....awesome view.......

Poor value high cost
    • Queen Room with Partial View

I'm sorry I was disappointed for the price. You should all know traffic is allowed to drive right on the beach . So watch those kids. The staff were nice but not knowledgeable, food was free but poor quality. There are no convenient restaurants so be sure to have a car. If you drive down the beach you get more to do, and the hotels are less expensive .

Great place to stay in Daytona !
    • Standard Queen Room

The property was very clean, breakfast good, friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, quiet area of Daytona but near activities and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

I had a great stay just not long enough.
    • King Room with Partial View

Two days in a row my key would not work in the door and required several trips down to the desk to get it fixed.

Breakfast was great. Excellent variety. Rooms were very quiet and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

6.0
    ocean view
    • Standard Queen Room

upon arrival we asked to change to a room with a ocean view,he checked said no problem with a cost of $10.00 more. went to the room it was a room over the parking lot and if you looked to the left there was the ocean. We went back down to see if they had a room that actually looked out to the water and yes they did for another $10.00 . after we settled in the a/c was so loud we could not hear anything but the a/c.

room very clean. breakfast was good.cookies were amazing.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

We liked the location.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

The website was misleading stating there was cribs upon request. However, upon arrival we were informed there were no cribs or toddler rails. So, we made due with putting my 14 month daughter in the queen bed. Also, we did see cochroaches in our room the morning of departure.

We liked the location.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Comyf
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

The rooms smelled like smoke very bad. And i didnt know our room would be outside the actual building. Elevators were small. I know the building was been there for a long time but it was nice. I think im comparing this one to the new one in vero beach which was absolutely flawless

Loved the cookout! And breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The staff was amazing!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

The beds were comfortable, but needed fluffier/fuller pillows.

The staff was amazing! From the front desk to the person cleaning our room, they were all very friendly and willing to take care of whatever we needed.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Love it !
    • Oceanfront King Accessible with Tub

Cannot really think of anything other than closet was way to small,

Great place, clean and wonderful breakfast ! Right on the beautiful beach ! Doesn't get better than that !

Nice comfortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

I wasn’t able to upgrade without charge even tho prices had dropped on rooms due to hurricane and the hotel was not full. I thought that was poor customer service

Great breakfast. Our room had a wonderful view. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

It had great access to the beach.
    • Oceanfront King Room

A few of the front desk staff were not very friendly. We were told we should of not booked through Booking.com and seemed to be irritated with us.

It had great access to the beach. The maids were very helpful. Rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Great girl's night out! Even witnessed a beach wedding during our stay :)
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

Was disappointed that I requested a non-smoking room & was booked to a smoking room. My travel companion has lung disease & this could have been very unpleasant. The room had recently undergone renovation & the smoke smell was minimal & we risked the stay due to the hotel was sold out & I could not get a refund.

Very nice hotel! Great cookout & DJ provided during our 1 day stay & we were invited to attend the function prior to check-in, which was very nice!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Highly recommended!
    • Queen Room with Partial View

This hotel was great! The room was clean and comfortable with a refrigerator and microwave. There were beach towels available at the front desk to use and fresh baked cookies every night. Our last day of our stay they had a cookout with hot dogs and hamburgers and a DJ for guests, set up around the pool area. It was so nice. There is a company that sets up chairs and umbrellas as well as boogie boards etc for rent outside the hotel on the beach. You can add it to your bill through the hotel. It was such an easy and relaxing stay with a friendly, courteous staff available for anything you could need. We had a wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Unfriendly front desk and no Hilton honors points given.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

The front desk was very rude. When we checked in and they saw we had booked with Booking.com we felt like we were treated as second class patrons. We were told that we should of booked directly through them and felt like they were not pleased with us staying there. They also refused to let us use our Hilton honors point for my family or my sister in laws family--who travel extensively. It made us question whether we should book again with booking.com. I asked the clerk if we booked directly through them if they could guarantee the same price and she said yes.

The location was great by the beach. The rooms were nice and clean. The cleaning staff was great!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

We had a wonderful time. Patrice, our housekeeper was very special.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were in Daytona Beach and couldn't watch the NASCAR races on television. Big OOPS! Also, we got over charged for the rooms. Twice.

It was a beautiful room overlooking the ocean.

was awesome
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Fridge size a little bigger but it was ok.

2nd time there and it was as great as the 1st time, we all loved it.

Our family had a good experience.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

Our family had a good experience.

• King Room with Partial View

Great experience fantastic staff was great breakfast was awesome beach was great will definitely be going there again

Great stay and we will definitely stay here again.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The internet connection was not working very well.

The bed was comfy and the room was very clean. Great view of the beach and the breakfast was great.

Nice place on the beach with rasy access to beach facilities.
    • Queen Room with Partial View

Nice hotel with a great breakfast. Offered towels for the beach, along with beach rental services. Great place to stay.

The staff was eager to assist. They made the stay that much better. Very impressed with all staff
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Honestly everything was better then my expectations and I have very high expectation. I will be returning

Location, cleanliness.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

6th floor ice machine did not work.

Location, cleanliness.

It was ok

It was ok

Me and my family loved

All was good

The service breakfast was really good

Didn’t enjoy the room. We were booked nonsmoking but were given smoking instead

Offer more fruits

Breakfast room setup was perfect

It was great

Eggs were cold

Waffles were yummy

Beautiful place on the beach.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

Elevators are way to slow and the Wi-Fi just didn't work

Beautiful place on the beach. Friendly staff

My stay was great at the Hapmton Inn.... wonderful staff
    • Queen Room with Partial View

Breakfast could have been a little better

Everything met our expectations!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Gift shop with souvenior items and food, snacks, etc.

Everything met our expectations!!! Very pleased!

Checked in late was still charged for a full night

Checked in late was still charged for a full night

My room was located on the outside.
    • Oceanfront King Room

My room was located on the outside. I didn’t care for that aspect!

Nice place to stay with very friendly staff.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Far away from restaurants and things to do. More food and drink options for purchase during the day and night would be nice.

Staff was great

Didn’t get reward points for booking

Didn’t get reward points for booking

Satisfying experience with average accommodations.
    • Oceanfront King Room

Breakfast was not good. We ate out 4 of 5 mornings.

Rooms were clean and staff was friendly.

Very awesome
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything about this hotel was excellent ex specially the breakfast

Parking was really tight

Parking was really tight

Nice people good service

No good parking,,

Beds were wonderful.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were wonderful. One of the nicest hotels on the beach. Very clean.

Very clean.

Needs more parking

Very clean..great location..awesome breakfast..everyone was very personable and great service

Staff was wonderful, breakfast was awesome and overall facilities great.

Had to leave.

We upgraded from City View to Ocean View for just a few dollars extra and was worth it.

Beautiful location
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking lot under our oceanfront room

Beautiful location

great
    • Oceanfront King Room

Breakfast was super good, AC in room very cold, bed was super comfortable.

Won't return nor recommend.
    • Queen Room with Partial View

Overall property had a yick feel.

It was neat and clean. The staff were friendly and nice and the closeness to nature's beauty can't b
    • Oceanfront Queen Room - Smoking

It would have been nice to have a bar in the hotel.

The ocean view was spectacular - we loved the balcony and nearness to the ocean.

Would recommend! Will be back again.
    • Oceanfront King Room

Loved our room and the staff was amazing! Jackie, our housekeeper was so sweet!

Browse Hampton Inn Daytona Shores-Oceanfront traveller photo gallery