Reviews of Hampton Inn Denver/Northwest/Westminster 3 stars

5030 West 88th Place, Westminster, CO 80030, USA

#3 of 18 hotels in Westminster

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

It would be nice if it was 420 friendly so we could enjoy...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It would be nice if it was 420 friendly so we could enjoy and relax in the room instead of walking outside or sitting in the car. Other then that it was perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

So so visit
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I left a bag of clothes and shoes there. Said they couldnt find it when i called. Emailed for corporates number and my styff showed up..hmmmmmmm. than they called ro mail it ro me but i had to pay for which is whatever...but ive stayed at 50 dollar motels and hotel staff was kind enough to mail it on their dime. I left it on table by tv..vit staff said they found it behind the curtain.. ummmm okay

The food however was food at breakfast bar and rhe room was amazing

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

The Hampton is usually a comfortable stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Food could have been a little better. Eggs were watery and sausage looked like it was boiled. Bed covering was excessively heavy

We are fans of Hampton Inns. This one was good and we would return. We stayed at one in Utah after leaving and there was food in the freezer

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Nice staff, good breakfast, close restaurants and shopping.

Driving into and out of the hotel is difficult from local roadways...took a day or two to realize that a circuitous route to and from the hotel is the only way to access it.

Nice staff, good breakfast, close restaurants and shopping...overall, 2 thumbs up !

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Very Comfortable Chain Hotel and More Comfortable and Well-Managed Than Most

I don't think I'm the easiest traveler to satisfy. A common area of improvement in many facilities offering the "continental breakfast....and beyond might be a better option than the powdered "scrambled eggs" that come in a plastic bag, however what was offered was no worse than the best I've had elsewhere. You can make waffles and there are tasty English muffins that "hit the spot" nicely, so what's to complain about. I'd go back to this hotel again and probably will. Kudos to the staff for their detailed attention to their guests' needs!

THIS is a well managed facility with the amenities necessary for traveling with convenience. The PEARL in their firmament is Samantha, a young woman who goes out of her way to serve and please everyone she encounters from across the reception desk.. The staff does a good job of anticipating guests' needs, testifying to the quality of training and quality management this hotel maintains. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a moderately price hotel yet wishes to be treated well while enjoying the comfort of a higher-end facility. I didn't check out the indoor pool, however observing it suggested that it too was well-maintained and properly managed..

Book on a deal day!
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

If I have to mention something, the hot water in the shower took over 5 minutes to get hot! I gave up after three and stood under cold water until the temperature changed (which I heard was good for metabolism boost anyway, lol) and the corners of the tub had pink mold. The hair dryer doesn't last long before over heating and if stops working.

Super friendly and efficient check in! I was in and out; she told me everything I needed to know. Parking was plentiful. Breakfast was on time and had many options. The room was beautiful, comfortable and everything worked.

Excellenrly comfortable and home
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This home around, the house keepers we're not up and doing. The rooms were not well cleaned.

Great staff. Very supportive and wuality free breakfast

Really pleased with this accommodation for our final night in US.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a vegetarian omelette or scrambled eggs offered as part of breakfast. Western omelette is apparently not vegetarian. Would have liked more benches outside to sit in fresh air (ie not just smokers benches)

Very clean, including carpets just been cleaned. Pool warm.

Water World/Family Fun
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We checked in and had 2 reservations for 3 rooms. Getting the rooms cleaned was a nightmare and ultimately didnt get completely done after the first night. We were switching up rooms and needed it done but staffing was "low" and it took a long time and we didnt get clean towels or toiletries in one room and the trash wasn't emptied in the other. We also found the rooms a little dirty upon check-in...hair in the sink, low toilet paper, floors in the bathroom not completely mopped. Told reception we would wait in the lobby for the rooms to be cleaned and they could find us there when done. After several hours, we went to the desk to be told they were calling the rooms to tell us it was done?! It made no sense and again, was not even completed properly for the price we paid each night. Staffing seemed to be an issue. Whether it was too few housekeepers, reception being super busy and only staffed with 1 person or what the issue was, it should be addressed in some way.

The location is fabulous, close to Water World and good dining and right off the interstate and easy to find. The breakfast was fairly good and kid friendly. The pool is nice and big and has a good sized hot tub. The little store on site is nice to have for water and soda, snacks and things you forget. Upon checking out, my dad did mention the problems and made a complaint about it all, and he was given a credit for one night one room. So, at least an effort was made to correct the problems we had. The rooms, while not as clean as they should be in our opinion, are large and well appointed and the beds are comfortable. The microwave and fridge are a nice bonus and worked well in our rooms which isn't always the case with the tiny versions you find in hotels.

Very comfortable and clean.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights while visiting family in the area. We never expected for the money that we would receive a hot breakfast each morning, it was something different each morning and very delicious. We will return in the future.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

My family and I stay there for 3 nights and I love the area...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My family and I stay there for 3 nights and I love the area it was in and the beds were very comfortable. if we go back to Colorado definitely will be staying there again! The Staff was great and very friendly.

The weekend stay was pleasant.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There is only one elevator for a multi-story building. Although I was assigned to a non-smoking room, there was an odor of stale cigarette smoke in the hallway.

The variety of choices for breakfast was nice. The hotel was quiet. It was also conveniently located near shopping with easy access to the highway.

It was the perfect hotel for our trip with great things to see very close by.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There are not many negatives for this hotel. The only real thing I saw was that the main light in our bathroom flickered a little before it turned on.

This hotel is truly a steal as it was amazing for its cost. Located in the city but without disturbing noise, this hotel is very close to downtown Denver as well as the nearby cities such as Boulder. From any floor the Denver skyline is also visible giving this hotel a great view. It has free WiFi which works very well and a great breakfast in the morning. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with many outlets and USB ports for those who need them.

Good for business travelers looking for a low cost option

The rooms are a bit dated, and while clean, the lounge chair in my room had a mystery stain on it and the tub had a spot of rust. The location is in a business park area, so a car is needed to go anywhere for food/toiletries that a traveler may have forgotten.

The lobby and public areas are very clean, and the staff is amazing (particularly the evening/swing shift staff). The bed was clean, the wi-fi didn't go out at all in my 3 days/2 nights there. Location is a 2 minute drive to strip malls with good take out options, and a 5 minute drive to the freeway (which is close but not close enough to hear at all. Hotel area is very quiet. Breakfast is quality beyond the standard bagel and fruit. Coffee around the clock.

ok
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We went to take our kids swimming and the pool had 8 unattended 9-10 year old boys that were SO loud it made it unbearable. Also the hot tub was cold and the jets did not work. after the day we had we both were looking forward to a relaxing soak that was why we rented the room there and then we were unable to use it. Also there was a nasty band aid floating in the pool

the bed was comfortable

Overall I'm pretty happy with my stay, but it could use a few improvements to really make it great.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The shower was clogged. There were pieces of plaster or something all over the floor in the pool room which stuck to feet. Also the hot tub was only warm not hot the 2nd night I used it. The TV got horrible connection the 2nd night as well..only a few channels came through.

I liked the shower head. It has multiple modes.

Other than the fact it was small and the breakfast wasn't the best, it was a good hotel.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very small and cramped. Breakfast wasn't the best. We had to take the stairs because the elevator squealed and smelled like burning rubber, which made us nervous.

The pool was nice. The ladies at the front desk were very kind. I liked the complimentary warm drinks and cookies in the lobby.

Great stay!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Super friendly staff. The woman that worked the night shift was absolutely amazing, I wish I would have caught her name. She was always smiling and extremely friendly. Beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was good. Would absolutely stay again.

I would stay here again.

There was a slight miss in the housekeeping (bathroom sink had some hair in it when we checked in), which was yucky, but we didn't let it bother us too much. Otherwise the room was clean.

The room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was adequate and available from 6 a.m. Microwave and refrigerator in the room were useful. Nice staff at the front desk. Good price for the room.

Would stay again based on value
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was minimal, beds were hard, workout room only had two treadmills and one elliptical with very few and poor choice of weights

Good value, front desk staff were great, great central location, felt safe

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Swimming pool was down for repair, but was a one time problem (been there before). They allowed swimming at a neighbor property.

Clean, great breakfast, friendly staff

We would stay at the location again.

The comforter in our room had makeup stains on it which isn't what you want to see.

The staff was very kind and welcoming. The bed and pillows were comfortable and breakfast was very good. We also enjoyed the pool.

Very nice facility.

The price I was quoted on booking.com was NOT the price I was charged at the hotel. The hotel would not honor the booking.com price :(

Very nice facility. However, the price I was quoted through Booking.com was NOT the price I was charged :(

Perfect business trip hotel.

Our bed was clean, but a little hard for our liking. Wish there was more hot breakfast options.

Coffee was stellar! Room was clean. Hotel was very quiet. Amenities around the hotel were prefect for our needs (restaurants, Walmart, etc.)

Good stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that when checking in, I gave the front desk person a different credit card to charge my room with and go to find that the credit card that i reserved the room was charged. The breakfast was good but have some bacon or sausage in your selection. no breakfast meat was served.

I like that you had a spa that was open until midnight. the staff was friendly

Overall pretty satisfied, price a little high for accommodations.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Sheets were dirty on one bed, they gave us new sheets to change ourselves.

Egg omelet was fine, needed more variety like biscuits and gravy. People were nice friendly.

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Not one thing...it was a great stay!

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was amazing, and changed up a bit each of the 5 days we were there.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay in a good location.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The light in the bathroom was failing. It had an annoying click and rattle as it tried to light one of two remaining bulbs in the fixture. I reported it the first night of my stay but it was never repaired.

The staff was extremely courteous and professional, the room was always cleaned properly and everyone raved about the pillows. They were very helpful when I needed supplies or assistance.

Would stay again if in the area.

Room wasn't cleaned on the second day of our stay. Breakfast area for food was too small for the amount of people using it, had to reach over or around people, wait for more eggs, stand in line for the one waffle iron.

Comfortable bed, quiet, clean. Easy access to parking and to freeway.

Gotta Love Hampton Inns

Typical of Hampton Inn, everything was clean, comfortable, professional, helpful, and food was delicious. My husband totally enjoyed the hot tub after a long day walking in the sun.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were a lot of teenagers who were loud next to and above us. Also wish you had vending machines. We wanted a soda and front desk person wouldn't even sell us one!

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Rooms and staff were excellent.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had cheese omelets two days in a row as breakfast entrée choice. When staying multiple days it would be nice to have different options. Three out of the four days I stayed, cheese omelet was hot breakfast choice. Also price that was quoted me when I booked my room and price I got charged, were a couple of hundred dollars different...very upset about that.

Rooms and staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The location was very convenient for the area activities we...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub cleaning should be improved. Just adding more chlorine does not replace the need to clean the pool tiles and pool deck, nor will it take the dirt out of the hot tub. That was really my biggest complaint about the property. It is difficult to relax in the hot tub when your eyes are burning from the chlorine. The grime on the pool tiles was gross.

The location was very convenient for the area activities we had planned. The staff was very friendly, each staff member that we passed in the hallways, etc all said hello and asked how we were and told us to have a nice day. It was very pleasant.

I wanted to stay longer...but had to go..

Access to the hotel and access to HWY 36 from the hotel.

The room was very quiet, good for resting. Breakfast was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The breakfast hot and the eggs were fluffy and lots of ham.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had a bad week for problems in hotel rooms....so it wasn't onlly your hotel this week. However, I stayed in room 217 and leaky toilet and the HVAC unit made a noise when running.

The breakfast hot and the eggs were fluffy and lots of ham. I thought your lobby was excellent but cleanliness of halls and elevators were unacceptable.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

great quality for the price.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

That I didn't bring my swimming suit.

the free services and the helpfulness of staff, as well as the clean environment.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Literally one of the best hotels I’ve stayed at. I’ll for sure will be coming back.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breaskfast, they have fresh blueberries and whip cream! It’s just the little things.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Room was clean and in good repair.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Single, small elevator is not enough for a full house. Wait time was unreasonable.

Room was clean and in good repair.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Quiet, clean, convenient

Quiet, clean, convenient

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Breakfast was kept stocked as soon as something was running...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was kept stocked as soon as something was running low they would restock.

Staff was nice.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Needs better breakfast. Could be better with little effort!

Staff was nice. Rooms clean and comfy.

Functional
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not wild about paper plates and plastic cutlery for breakfast.

Bed was very comfortable and staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

That it was clean

Still priced high

That it was clean

"OK" for a one-night stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Served our purpose but housekeeping was a disappointment.

Housekeeping was poorly done.

They were nice and friendly when checking in.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They were nice and friendly when checking in. They then called the room to make sure the room was to our standard.

Great job, thank you!

Great job, thank you!

It was an overnight stay so met our requirements.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Breakfast did not have whole milk.

I liked the friendliness of the staff and the location of the hotel. It was clean and comfortable.

beds where cmfotable
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

waited 20 minutes to someone showed up to check us in, The hotel was not as clean as the reviews.

beds where cmfotable

Everything worked out well and the cookies were great.

It was close to the wedding we were at. It was right off Hwy 36 which made it very convenient.

All in all not bad!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

AC did not work well it was semi blocked by refrigerator cabinet and window was in bad spot so room was dark.

Location!!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Pillows are too soft. Bananas were always gone by 7:30am.

Great breakfast - kept very clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Somewhat difficult to get to

Great breakfast - kept very clean

Away from home during remodel
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Convenient to several restaurants and close to home

It was good. I was not happy about my car being hit in the parking lot.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Having my parked car dented by a customer or someone in your parking lot. The car stayed parked the whole stay at the hotel.

quietness at night

Awesome hotel, price, location, breakfast & pool!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Awesome hotel, price, location, breakfast & pool!

The hot breakfast was really good.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness was not great and we were not able to check in at the check in time because our room wasn’t ready.

The hot breakfast was really good.

Very good.

Room air was very dry.

The price.

Perfect for family
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Friendly and kind staff, clean room, good hot breakfast, nice pool and hot tub, free coffee, coookies and juice. Everything was beyond expectation!

Convenient location for Central Colorado and easy to other cities, great staff and good breakfast.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub need a good cleaning and maintenance repair.

Good bed, nice bathroom, useful outlets, nice fridge/microwave combo.

Comfortable
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Tromping noises from above kept us awake

Handicap good near lobby felt well taken care of

Easy location near Hiway 36
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Noise in the hallway at night I still want a newspaper every morning

Breakfast was great

Convienent for our one nighter and well organized and great...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Convienent for our one nighter and well organized and great staff.

We found it very relaxing and comfortable!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had some mold spots, and one of the pillows smelled like it had been used already.

We found it very relaxing and comfortable!

Eggs and ham scrambled was yummy

Eggs and ham scrambled was yummy

Had a great time in a great place

Excellenrly comfortable and home
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I got the best. Couldn't have asked for more

Supper dedicated and ever carring staff. Home away from home. Will be back

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's was wonderful we enjoy the hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The location was not prime! Hard to get in and out!

All of my requests were meet upon arrival

It was like being at home, very comfy

All was great

It was like being at home, very comfy

Great people can make a mediocre facility better.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Freezer was dirty and the pool was unavailable for a period of time.

Great breakfast and comfortable bed.

It was very clean, quiet, and welcoming.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Finding parking close to the door was impossible.

It was very clean, quiet, and welcoming.

Pool was closed few days of my stay

Pool was closed few days of my stay

really crappy parking.

really crappy parking.

I wasn't there very much other than to sleep, but it was clean and comfortable.

No complaints.

Manager upgraded me to a better room because they were not done cleaning my room.

Browse Hampton Inn Denver/Northwest/Westminster traveller photo gallery