Reviews of Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades 3 stars

46331 McClellan Way, Sterling, VA 20165, USA

#3 of 20 hotels in Sterling

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Return trip - enjoyed as always
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

Signage could be better for first-time visitors as it is tucked away from the more travelled areas.

Easy access to main highways, quiet, wonderful staff, and near restaurants.

Worn out facility. Breakfast was okay.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

The bed was squeaky and made noise everytime you moved. The area around the toilet and the corners of the floor were dirty in the bathroom. There was hair on the tub. The furniture was worn. Only a sheet and heavy comforter on the bed. Hard to be comfortable, either hot or cold when sleeping.

Overall i like the stay but honestly i will never stay in any Hampton with pets again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room was close to people who had pet and i am guessing their dogs. This was upsetting to both my wife and I because the dogs were barking and it seems like the owners are so use to it that they forget its a public place not their living room.

The building & the location was great, the rooms and staffs were very pleasant

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Comfy stay near Dulles Airport with free shuttle
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Air-con was erratic - hot then cold.

Good internet, comfy bed, good bathroom, spacious, good breakfast with large selection. Close to airport. Bonus shuttle to airport.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Outstanding customer service heart warming just need more ...

There’s nothing we didn’t like . Everything was outstanding

Outstanding customer service heart warming just need more representative like Mishu in other hotel who does her best to serve everyone with smile on her with no worries. Always calm and professional. Always a great stay other staff was great as well.

The room is clean, the bathroom style is modern and seems...
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

We wait the shuttle bus from the airport quite long time, they just come after you call them. And there is a big machine near our room’s window, quite noisy!

The room is clean, the bathroom style is modern and seems new decorated. The bed is comfy.

We'll look for Hampton Inn hotels in the future, based on this experience.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Overall cleanliness and neatness, from the lobby to the toilet in our room.

The hotel was immaculate! As most people do, I walked into our room looking to find something wrong; as it turns out, the only wrong thing was my expectation...this was the cleanest room I've stayed in.

Shuttle bus driver very friendly and offered helpful advise.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle bus driver very friendly and offered helpful advise. Front of house staff were polite/friendly and overall welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel as well as booking in here again

The breakfast each day was fantastic!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I can't complain, our stay was great.

The breakfast each day was fantastic! I didn't expect the breakfast to be that good and different than the normal complimentary breakfast. The front desk was very helpful in explaining the double bed situation, it all worked out good.

Very good hotel and we did not have any issue.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It is a little bit far from the airport and you need to call the hotel to request the shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. Shuttle takes about 20m from Hotel to Airport.

Very good hotel and we did not have any issue.

I would gladly recommend this hotel and food would go back to stay again
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was Plenty of parking space and free parking. The people that work there was very nice.

I have stayed at some hotels that I’ve had to call the front seat to ask them to please send someone to change the sheets, because after checking in I notice the sheets did not look fresh, but I never had that problem here. The linens were changed and fresh.upone checking in. Thank you!

It was a very comfortable pleasant stay. It was homey and nice.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't find an area where I could throw my own trash away and It would have been nice to have a vending machine on my floor. I didn't like that someone opened the door to my room around 8am when check out isn't until 11am.

It was nice and clean and the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The TV was nice and clear and had lots of channels to watch and the fireplace downstairs is nice and It was Awesome to swim in the indoor Pool. The workout room was pretty decent. The breakfast area was really really nice and food was really good. Wish they had bacon instead of sausage patties though. Overall Really good hotel. Nice that they have an affordable laundry area.

I would definitely stay there again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool only goes to four feet, but my children did not seem to mind at all. We drove our rental car to a metro station and parked it there. From there we used the metro to get to the national mall area.

My children especially loved the breakfasts. I loved how clean it was, how close it was to a grocery store, and the buildings have a little more room between them than other cities nearby. My husband and oldest son both liked the basketball court. I could sit on the patio and watch the kids in the pool and see the basketball court at the same time.

Comfortable beds.
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

We usually stay at Hampton Inns when we travel, and the rooms have always been nice. I just feel that because I booked through booking.com. we were given a room that was not updated. This also happened at the Hampton Inn in Frederick, Maryland.

The staff was very friendly and concerned. We had a delay in travel plans and had to extend our stay one more day because my husband got sick. I was traveling to the airport to return the car. Once I got there, I changed my mind, but the hotel sent a van, per my instructions, so I asked if I could follow him, and he agreed. On the way there, I got a flat tire and pulled over. He returned and found me and told me he would pick me up if necessary. I decided to leave the car, and he did return and pick me up. Jamie was very good to me that day. It is nice to know there are concerned employees who go out of their way to help someone in need. I also appreciated that the housekeeping employees understood me when I asked for towels, sometimes they just look at me and tell me they do not speak English. Thank you.

The evening night manager at the reception was very nice, as...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The evening night manager at the reception was very nice, as was the shuttle bus driver. Also, the man who set up and cleaned the breakfast area was superb and friendly and helpful! The breakfast was AMAZING!!

Hotel is good room fantastic
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

We book this hotel based on This hotel have a pool and break fast But pool is very bad . Water is cold only for Under 13 And break fast hotel don't have enough choice No fresh fruits .

Hotel is good room fantastic

I should have booked through someelse.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I should have booked through someelse. I needed to change the date by one night and you refused my request so I had to pay for one night that I did not use,

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Accomodations are good.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was the same generic, microwaved MRE style meals that don't taste good. I just wish hotels would start offering good eggs and meat. It would really make a difference. When I look at hotels and see that they offer breakfast it usually doesn't mean much because 9/10 times its the same as all the rest and will leave me supplementing it anyhow. Wish there was a restaurant nearby.

Room was clean and bathroom was spacious. Complimentary soaps were really nice. They offered liquid body soap, which most hotels do not. Other hotels have that nasty bar soap that leaves your body feeling like your being licked by a cat. I don't usually leave my personal belongings in the room during the day. The hotel staff noticed and called to make sure everything was ok. I really appreciated that.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Worth Praise!
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

the hotel was beautiful, the man at the front counter in the mornings was always so happy and helpful, great guy, not sure of his name! Props to him! the breakfast was the best ever, the kitchen staff and cleaners seemed very happy and friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs, the room was comfortable and very clean. We didn't use the pool but every thing was perfect.

Easy drive from Dulles with plenty of food choices within walking distance
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

First hotel I've been to both in the US and overseas where the WiFi did NOT work. This is a location used for business travelers, WiFi is extremely important for them.

Easy trip from Dulles; very clean and updated hotel; liked the refreshing jars of water for arriving guests; room was VERY clean, and plenty of food choices within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Best hotel my family has vacationed at!!
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

The entire staff makes it their priority to make you feel like you're family! Everything was top notch and I will never stay anywhere else when traveling to the D.C. area!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Very convenient hotel for the value of money.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was comfy. Both room and bathroom are spacious. Breakfast was okay. I could print documents without additional charge. Great facilities for the value of money.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

The Hotel 'Breakfast Policy'
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Staff is obviously trained by Red Necks or similar: At 10am sharp the (poor) breakfast is gone, with no mercy. The miserable Latinos at staff try their best to fulfil the 'policy' of the hotel, that after 10am no breakfast is served.. Even if in our case, just flown in from Europe with a huge jet lag.. And Chris, the very unhelpful manager at duty at the reception confirmed that even in these cases no exception is possible.. Why? Its the 'policy' of the hotel again. We showed up just five minutes late.... So sad, so wrong.

Standard Hotel of the Hilton budget group, rooms ok with large flats and firm beds. Location is great, if you have things to do in Sterling and surroundings. Airport nearby.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Central location and friendly staff
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

The pool was kind of cold and the mattress was a bit too firm for my comfort.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked the breakfast and the variety of items each day (i.e. Changes in egg and protein options)

Front desk are very helpful
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator door opened at the back where the laundry lady was, my hands are full with 2 other guest waiting at the lobby she just stared at me and closed the elevator door

Front desk are very helpful

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Breakfast was very good;
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I was in one of the conference rooms for a training class. Everything was Good, except the depth of the table - about 2 feet. They should use 6x4 tables. m Thanks...

Breakfast was very good; the staff - GREAT.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There's no soup The oat cookies were so small The quality of the orange juice and apple juice

The breakfast The lobby and guest area was very nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Room was very clean and it was a great stay.

Room was very clean and it was a great stay. Hampton Inns are very predictable and this one didn't disappoint (much better than our previous night stay in Fairfax at a competitor.). Room and amenities were very clean and accommodating and Great value for cost of room. Highly recommend and I'm a "bug and germaphobe " fanatic.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Terrible service.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I mad3 my reservation via booking.com. The original reservation was for a king size with a bath tub. I had to go check in before 11pm. I had to go out of my way to check in before 11pm. I barely made it. When I got there I check in to a king size. I didn't ask about the bath tub thinking I got the room I booked. Once in the room, there was no bath tub. I asked the front desk. I reserved a king size room with a bath tub. The guy told me. Your reservation has no details. You have to confirm with booking.com first. To make sure they reserve the right room for you. They have to confirm it with us. So who is not doing its job, booking.com or the people who work at the hotel? Bad. Bad. Bad. I won't recomend the hotel. I will also never book anything from booking.com.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Economical place to stay while touring area.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast area was crowded and noisy (Holiday weekend). No restaurant on site (a few within walking distance but through parking lots, or street with no sidewalk)

Nice variety of breakfast foods over 4 days. Comfortable bed. Spacious room Friendly,helpful staff. Indoor Pool. Free plentiful parking. Next to shopping center.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Great location! Nice hotel.
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

The bed was so comfortable! Big parking lot in front of the hotel. Great place to stay at, everything is really close! Breakfast was tasty! Only 10-15 minutes from IAD. Easy to get to downtown D.C.!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Top notch hotel at a budget friendly price
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I was definitely surprised at how nice this hotel was for the price I paid. This was close to everything you could walk to the grocery store or restaurants if you wanted, but the area was quiet. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Definitely would choose this hotel if I'm in the area again.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Welcoming, friendly staff!

A little less sugar/carbs for breakfast, more protein, please!

Very friendly/welcoming staff! Fantastic value for the money. Thank you for offering a full breakfast!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Hotel was very Clean...Staff were friendly...Will be back

Very Very Clean...

no lounge, bar as advertised

no lounge, bar as advertised

One of the best stays we had in Virginia
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing and the staff were very friendly to help us if we needed it like locating nearby restaurants.

Breakfast was great

The lift

Breakfast was great Fruit salad was enjoyable,

Great breakfast great for families with kids.

Great breakfast great for families with kids.

Great for family with kids.

Great for family with kids...

Friendly staff nice clean rooms and pre good breakfast.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They can improve the elevators look.

Friendly staff nice clean rooms and pre good breakfast.

Enjoyable and very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

With our GPS it took us across the street. Maybe better markings for the Inn. Cleaning staff did not do thorough job.

Clean and convenient.

The eggs were blah.

Clean and convenient. Nice staff. Good value.

It was ok.
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

It was ok. Expected little more.

place is very nice cleam i love

place is very nice cleam i love

Everything was as expected. Staff was very friendly.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room as clean and staff was great. If you get a chance take a few minutes to speak with Mr. Chris - awesome man.

We will be back
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

The breakfast was great with a nice variety of food the bed was more comfy than at home

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Construction noise was started at 7 a.m. and was next door...would be more tolerable if they had not
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very good, nice variety and was well maintained. Nice presentation of food.

Good place to stay
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Heat broken in room. By morning all cold air

Very nice and clean Room was comfy.

Great stay overall, except for the smoke alarm going off at...

Great stay overall, except for the smoke alarm going off at 2 am!

magnificent stay

loved it all

Would be nice to have breakfast meats but oh well

Very nice location was very close to my destination in town, and the staff was awesome.

Staff was awesome especially Mishu

Everything, clean and friendly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, clean and friendly. Beds were comfortable.

Good value for the buck.

Good value for the buck.

nice and pleasant
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

breakfast

please add more vegetarian items in breakfast

Happy to have found them.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Bathroom just a touch seedy.

The staff was cheerful, efficient and welcoming. Very homey atmosphere.

Staff is very friendly

Love everything about the Hampton in Cascades, Va

Location and clean

Location and clean

location was excellent for our needs, choice in food was good, and room was very nice.

no complaints

room was very nice and the food was great

No hot tub

No hot tub

Great place to stay for local shopping
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Good location. The staff was terrific. Breakfast had a nice selection of items and the hotel in general was well maintained.

N A
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was not quick to refill empty item and fake eggs and hard French toast ...

Clean and smile staff members!

breakfast, cleanliness, great staff
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

TWO TREADMILLS NOT WORKING!

breakfast, cleanliness, great staff

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Hampton Inn
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi was horrible, pool was too warm.

It was clean.

Lovely stay in Virginia
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

More hot food choices would be good.

The rooms were very clean and the property is well maintained.

Good

Could not find hotel. Directions online not good!

Breakfast delicious-selection good. Bed great. Live the fact there was laundry room. Pool nice

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Terrible
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

The door didn't open and the gave us a room already occupied and we had to change rooms 5 different time

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Front desk staff was friendly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Did not accommodate Islamic diet. No alternative meat to pork.

The waffles

I requested a room with 2 beds and they didn't have one.

I requested a room with 2 beds and they didn't have one. They did provide a cot

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

perfect for family

perfect for family

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Very nice dining area and breakfast.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that the pool was not heated.

Very nice dining area and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Willingness to assist

Willingness to assist Close to airport happy to accommodate with very early arrival

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Very good place to spend a couple of nights.

Did not eat breakfast

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

It was wonderful I loved it.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wish there were more selection to eat but it was cool

The food the people the pool etc

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017