Reviews of Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

46331 McClellan Way, Sterling, VA 20165, United States of America

#4 of 20 hotels in Sterling

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

We'll look for Hampton Inn hotels in the future, based on this experience.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Overall cleanliness and neatness, from the lobby to the toilet in our room.

The hotel was immaculate! As most people do, I walked into our room looking to find something wrong; as it turns out, the only wrong thing was my expectation...this was the cleanest room I've stayed in.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Shuttle bus driver very friendly and offered helpful advise.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle bus driver very friendly and offered helpful advise. Front of house staff were polite/friendly and overall welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel as well as booking in here again

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

The breakfast each day was fantastic!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I can't complain, our stay was great.

The breakfast each day was fantastic! I didn't expect the breakfast to be that good and different than the normal complimentary breakfast. The front desk was very helpful in explaining the double bed situation, it all worked out good.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Very good hotel and we did not have any issue.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It is a little bit far from the airport and you need to call the hotel to request the shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. Shuttle takes about 20m from Hotel to Airport.

Very good hotel and we did not have any issue.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

I would gladly recommend this hotel and food would go back to stay again
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was Plenty of parking space and free parking. The people that work there was very nice.

I have stayed at some hotels that I’ve had to call the front seat to ask them to please send someone to change the sheets, because after checking in I notice the sheets did not look fresh, but I never had that problem here. The linens were changed and fresh.upone checking in. Thank you!

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

It was a very comfortable pleasant stay. It was homey and nice.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't find an area where I could throw my own trash away and It would have been nice to have a vending machine on my floor. I didn't like that someone opened the door to my room around 8am when check out isn't until 11am.

It was nice and clean and the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The TV was nice and clear and had lots of channels to watch and the fireplace downstairs is nice and It was Awesome to swim in the indoor Pool. The workout room was pretty decent. The breakfast area was really really nice and food was really good. Wish they had bacon instead of sausage patties though. Overall Really good hotel. Nice that they have an affordable laundry area.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

I would definitely stay there again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool only goes to four feet, but my children did not seem to mind at all. We drove our rental car to a metro station and parked it there. From there we used the metro to get to the national mall area.

My children especially loved the breakfasts. I loved how clean it was, how close it was to a grocery store, and the buildings have a little more room between them than other cities nearby. My husband and oldest son both liked the basketball court. I could sit on the patio and watch the kids in the pool and see the basketball court at the same time.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Comfortable beds.
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

We usually stay at Hampton Inns when we travel, and the rooms have always been nice. I just feel that because I booked through booking.com. we were given a room that was not updated. This also happened at the Hampton Inn in Frederick, Maryland.

The staff was very friendly and concerned. We had a delay in travel plans and had to extend our stay one more day because my husband got sick. I was traveling to the airport to return the car. Once I got there, I changed my mind, but the hotel sent a van, per my instructions, so I asked if I could follow him, and he agreed. On the way there, I got a flat tire and pulled over. He returned and found me and told me he would pick me up if necessary. I decided to leave the car, and he did return and pick me up. Jamie was very good to me that day. It is nice to know there are concerned employees who go out of their way to help someone in need. I also appreciated that the housekeeping employees understood me when I asked for towels, sometimes they just look at me and tell me they do not speak English. Thank you.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

The evening night manager at the reception was very nice, as...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The evening night manager at the reception was very nice, as was the shuttle bus driver. Also, the man who set up and cleaned the breakfast area was superb and friendly and helpful! The breakfast was AMAZING!!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Hotel is good room fantastic
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

We book this hotel based on This hotel have a pool and break fast But pool is very bad . Water is cold only for Under 13 And break fast hotel don't have enough choice No fresh fruits .

Hotel is good room fantastic

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

I should have booked through someelse.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I should have booked through someelse. I needed to change the date by one night and you refused my request so I had to pay for one night that I did not use,

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

Accomodations are good.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was the same generic, microwaved MRE style meals that don't taste good. I just wish hotels would start offering good eggs and meat. It would really make a difference. When I look at hotels and see that they offer breakfast it usually doesn't mean much because 9/10 times its the same as all the rest and will leave me supplementing it anyhow. Wish there was a restaurant nearby.

Room was clean and bathroom was spacious. Complimentary soaps were really nice. They offered liquid body soap, which most hotels do not. Other hotels have that nasty bar soap that leaves your body feeling like your being licked by a cat. I don't usually leave my personal belongings in the room during the day. The hotel staff noticed and called to make sure everything was ok. I really appreciated that.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2017

Worth Praise!
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

the hotel was beautiful, the man at the front counter in the mornings was always so happy and helpful, great guy, not sure of his name! Props to him! the breakfast was the best ever, the kitchen staff and cleaners seemed very happy and friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs, the room was comfortable and very clean. We didn't use the pool but every thing was perfect.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Easy drive from Dulles with plenty of food choices within walking distance
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

First hotel I've been to both in the US and overseas where the WiFi did NOT work. This is a location used for business travelers, WiFi is extremely important for them.

Easy trip from Dulles; very clean and updated hotel; liked the refreshing jars of water for arriving guests; room was VERY clean, and plenty of food choices within walking distance.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

Best hotel my family has vacationed at!!
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

The entire staff makes it their priority to make you feel like you're family! Everything was top notch and I will never stay anywhere else when traveling to the D.C. area!

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

Very convenient hotel for the value of money.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was comfy. Both room and bathroom are spacious. Breakfast was okay. I could print documents without additional charge. Great facilities for the value of money.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2017

The Hotel 'Breakfast Policy'
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Staff is obviously trained by Red Necks or similar: At 10am sharp the (poor) breakfast is gone, with no mercy. The miserable Latinos at staff try their best to fulfil the 'policy' of the hotel, that after 10am no breakfast is served.. Even if in our case, just flown in from Europe with a huge jet lag.. And Chris, the very unhelpful manager at duty at the reception confirmed that even in these cases no exception is possible.. Why? Its the 'policy' of the hotel again. We showed up just five minutes late.... So sad, so wrong.

Standard Hotel of the Hilton budget group, rooms ok with large flats and firm beds. Location is great, if you have things to do in Sterling and surroundings. Airport nearby.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

Central location and friendly staff
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

The pool was kind of cold and the mattress was a bit too firm for my comfort.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked the breakfast and the variety of items each day (i.e. Changes in egg and protein options)

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Front desk are very helpful
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator door opened at the back where the laundry lady was, my hands are full with 2 other guest waiting at the lobby she just stared at me and closed the elevator door

Front desk are very helpful

• Reviewed: March 14, 2017

Breakfast was very good;
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I was in one of the conference rooms for a training class. Everything was Good, except the depth of the table - about 2 feet. They should use 6x4 tables. m Thanks...

Breakfast was very good; the staff - GREAT.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There's no soup The oat cookies were so small The quality of the orange juice and apple juice

The breakfast The lobby and guest area was very nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: January 17, 2017

Room was very clean and it was a great stay.

Room was very clean and it was a great stay. Hampton Inns are very predictable and this one didn't disappoint (much better than our previous night stay in Fairfax at a competitor.). Room and amenities were very clean and accommodating and Great value for cost of room. Highly recommend and I'm a "bug and germaphobe " fanatic.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2016

Terrible service.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I mad3 my reservation via booking.com. The original reservation was for a king size with a bath tub. I had to go check in before 11pm. I had to go out of my way to check in before 11pm. I barely made it. When I got there I check in to a king size. I didn't ask about the bath tub thinking I got the room I booked. Once in the room, there was no bath tub. I asked the front desk. I reserved a king size room with a bath tub. The guy told me. Your reservation has no details. You have to confirm with booking.com first. To make sure they reserve the right room for you. They have to confirm it with us. So who is not doing its job, booking.com or the people who work at the hotel? Bad. Bad. Bad. I won't recomend the hotel. I will also never book anything from booking.com.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2016

Economical place to stay while touring area.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast area was crowded and noisy (Holiday weekend). No restaurant on site (a few within walking distance but through parking lots, or street with no sidewalk)

Nice variety of breakfast foods over 4 days. Comfortable bed. Spacious room Friendly,helpful staff. Indoor Pool. Free plentiful parking. Next to shopping center.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2016

Great location! Nice hotel.
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

The bed was so comfortable! Big parking lot in front of the hotel. Great place to stay at, everything is really close! Breakfast was tasty! Only 10-15 minutes from IAD. Easy to get to downtown D.C.!

• Reviewed: November 23, 2016

Top notch hotel at a budget friendly price
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I was definitely surprised at how nice this hotel was for the price I paid. This was close to everything you could walk to the grocery store or restaurants if you wanted, but the area was quiet. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Definitely would choose this hotel if I'm in the area again.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2016

Welcoming, friendly staff!

A little less sugar/carbs for breakfast, more protein, please!

Very friendly/welcoming staff! Fantastic value for the money. Thank you for offering a full breakfast!

• Reviewed: August 21, 2016

Beautiful hotel-a must stay in the VA/DC area!

Nothing! Loved it all!

Very clean room & bathroom! Breakfast was all good, and the staff worked hard to ensure the food was perfect! Will definitely return!

• Reviewed: July 31, 2016

Would stay again!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only comment was that the room carpet could have been cleaner and the housekeeping left our door open after cleaning - nothing was missing.

Room was comfortable and quite big. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great with plenty of seating for all!

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Great breakfast great for families with kids.

Great breakfast great for families with kids.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Great for family with kids.

Great for family with kids...

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Friendly staff nice clean rooms and pre good breakfast.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They can improve the elevators look.

Friendly staff nice clean rooms and pre good breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Enjoyable and very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

With our GPS it took us across the street. Maybe better markings for the Inn. Cleaning staff did not do thorough job.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Clean and convenient.

The eggs were blah.

Clean and convenient. Nice staff. Good value.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

It was ok.
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

It was ok. Expected little more.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

place is very nice cleam i love

place is very nice cleam i love

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Everything was as expected. Staff was very friendly.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room as clean and staff was great. If you get a chance take a few minutes to speak with Mr. Chris - awesome man.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

We will be back
    • Non-Smoking King Deluxe Room

The breakfast was great with a nice variety of food the bed was more comfy than at home

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Construction noise was started at 7 a.m. and was next door...would be more tolerable if they had not
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very good, nice variety and was well maintained. Nice presentation of food.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Good place to stay
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Heat broken in room. By morning all cold air

Very nice and clean Room was comfy.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

Great stay overall, except for the smoke alarm going off at...

Great stay overall, except for the smoke alarm going off at 2 am!

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

magnificent stay

loved it all

Would be nice to have breakfast meats but oh well

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Very nice location was very close to my destination in town, and the staff was awesome.

Staff was awesome especially Mishu

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Everything, clean and friendly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, clean and friendly. Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Good value for the buck.

Good value for the buck.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

nice and pleasant
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

breakfast

please add more vegetarian items in breakfast

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Happy to have found them.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Bathroom just a touch seedy.

The staff was cheerful, efficient and welcoming. Very homey atmosphere.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Staff is very friendly

Love everything about the Hampton in Cascades, Va

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Location and clean

Location and clean

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

location was excellent for our needs, choice in food was good, and room was very nice.

no complaints

room was very nice and the food was great

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

No hot tub

No hot tub

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Great place to stay for local shopping
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Good location. The staff was terrific. Breakfast had a nice selection of items and the hotel in general was well maintained.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

N A
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was not quick to refill empty item and fake eggs and hard French toast ...

Clean and smile staff members!

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

breakfast, cleanliness, great staff
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

TWO TREADMILLS NOT WORKING!

breakfast, cleanliness, great staff

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Hampton Inn
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi was horrible, pool was too warm.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Lovely stay in Virginia
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

More hot food choices would be good.

The rooms were very clean and the property is well maintained.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Good

Could not find hotel. Directions online not good!

Breakfast delicious-selection good. Bed great. Live the fact there was laundry room. Pool nice

• Reviewed: June 4, 2017

Terrible
    • 2 DBL HEARING ACC NOSMOK

The door didn't open and the gave us a room already occupied and we had to change rooms 5 different time

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Front desk staff was friendly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Did not accommodate Islamic diet. No alternative meat to pork.

The waffles

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

I requested a room with 2 beds and they didn't have one.

I requested a room with 2 beds and they didn't have one. They did provide a cot

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

perfect for family

perfect for family

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Very nice dining area and breakfast.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that the pool was not heated.

Very nice dining area and breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

Willingness to assist

Willingness to assist Close to airport happy to accommodate with very early arrival

• Reviewed: February 7, 2017

Very good place to spend a couple of nights.

Did not eat breakfast

• Reviewed: January 6, 2017

It was wonderful I loved it.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wish there were more selection to eat but it was cool

The food the people the pool etc

• Reviewed: January 4, 2017

breakfast was great

breakfast was great

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

overall excellent

nothing,

everything,from staff, cleanliness, food and service and oh location was excellent. Will definitely come back

• Reviewed: December 29, 2016

very nice, check the plumbing more carefully

fluffy eggs

food okay

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

Eggs and bacon or maybe sausage gravy
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Eggs and bacon or maybe sausage gravy on the breakfast bar, waffle syrup was extremely sweetfor my taste.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

service.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

service. Front desk attendant was helpful and offered information about the area.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2016

The ice maker wasn't working on the 4th floor and no vending machine either.

Breakfast Comfortable bed Cleanliness

• Reviewed: November 27, 2016

Hampton Inn Always A Pleasure
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Apple juice a bit watery.

Nice variety and all choices were very good.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

VERY NICE ROOMS

SMOKING ROOMS

BED COMFORTABLE. NICE ROOM

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

I had to pay for 5 nights when I had to leave after 4...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had to pay for 5 nights when I had to leave after 4 nights Not pleased!

Browse Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades Traveler Photo Gallery