Reviews of Hampton Inn Fort Wayne-Southwest 3 stars

8219 West Jefferson Boulevard, Fort Wayne, IN 46804, USA

#9 of 38 hotels in Fort Wayne

Dee got us adjoining rooms just as asked.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast people were very nice but they ran out of oatmeal and there was not anymore. As didn't likes go this was extremely minor. :)

Dee got us adjoining rooms just as asked. Cynthia, our maid service person was super friendly and a pleasure to meet. We had plenty of towels and the room air conditioner was so much better than in other hotels.

The overall experience and inviting atmosphere of the hotel

Curtains in the room could have been a bit slightly longer help block the sun out a little more but was not a deal breaker. Just a preference

The overall experience and inviting atmosphere of the hotel

A wedding anniversary well spent....

Nothing.....All good

The bed was so huge and comforting...The room was cool and the bathroom was great....My husband enjoyed the use of the cable by watching football...This is an excellent place to spend time....it was my wedding anniversary....very rewarding....we love it...

Everything is very nice and comfortable great being by...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No down stairs rooms never saw the pool I am just going to have to stay

Everything is very nice and comfortable great being by Culver’s. Love the location I am gonna have to stay over again my partner is hospitalized with namonia this is gonna hurt me so bad that I am going to stay

Won't be doing Booking.com and Hampton anymore.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Son had to sleep on the floor. They had us down for 1 bed. I thought I asked for 2 beds when I selected room and on main floor. I got 1 bed on the 4th floor. They said they would get us a rollaway bed. 20 minutes later I was told they didn't have any. They ran some blankets up and my son slept on the floor. Tough situation for 3 people. Thank goodness wife stayed home.

Breakfast and breakfast staff

The bed was comfortable and the location opportune

The price of the stay was not worth it. The hotel appears outdated and they were in the process of redoing the wallpaper outside my room during my stay.

The bed was comfortable and the location opportune

What happen to spring

Signage in the pool area for the jacuzzi timer would be nice. It was on the other side of the room and no intuitive reason to be so far from the jacuzzi itself.

Great staff and loved the room. So happy there was an indoor pool and jacuzzi!!

Didn't get what I paid for.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My kids couldn't use the pool, because someone got sick in it.....our lone reason for staying in a hotel that night

Front desk ladies very kind to my children.

HORRIBLE STAY
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

You sign a contract about curfew for kids. The first night when arriving back To hotel there were about 20-30 kids running around on the first floor at 12:30 AM. The same kids were in the parking lot playing and being loud as we tried to go to sleep. My daughter had a tournament near by and had to be up at 7:00 AM. The second night we were awaken by kids knocking on our door at 4:30 AM and the fire alarm at 5:30 AM. What is the point of signing a contract if the property does nothing to enforce it! HORRIBLE STAY!!!!!

Getting woke up at 9 am when check out is at noon. Housekeepers bang on the door loud then open the door. I am very upset about this when I asked at check in Pacifically what time is checkout.

Had alot of problems, and they didn't honor the 100 percent satisfied!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was horrible, we all had back problems when we woke. Found a whole eyelash in our pillow case. &Quot;GROSS!!!" So much chlorine in pool and spa couldn't enjoy it! Couldn't even go in room, which was the whole reason we stayed! Furnace never shut off, toilet over flowed, asked gor more towels to clean it up never got them!Internet sucked! Tv sucked! We will never stay again!

excellent facilty will book again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the bath tub floor shape was strange and all four of us found we had to become adjusted to it but first night all four of us almost fell.

The choice of pillows and the bedding was wonderful the breakfast buffet was very nice and having the option of breakfast to go was wonderful. We loved the pool facility.

Location relative to where I was going the marshland...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms had too many lights in them I keep my rooms pitch black to sleep soundly

Location relative to where I was going the marshland probably looked nice in the sun but didn't get to see much of it wildlife on the property

Breakfast was great, beds were super soft
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

You advertised that there was an airport shuttle but it only ran on specific days - that should be displayed as I booked this hotel specifically for the shuttle that actually wasn't running the day I arrived.

Breakfast was great, beds were super soft

The website for the hotel stated they had free shuttle...

The website for the hotel stated they had free shuttle service to the airport. It stated no restrictions. However, when we asked about the service upon arrival (service needed for a Saturday morning) we were told it was not offered on weekends. They did arrange for a taxi, but we had to pay $30.00 for it. Also, several days later I discovered a double charge for the room. Eventually one of the charges did go away.

Overall, it was a great stay. The staff deserves mad props.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The room was not very thoroughly cleaned. I actually re-cleaned some of it myself. Old dried boogers on the arm chair, the spa tub needed to be recleaned, hard water stains around the jets, clearly have not been wiped down in a while, layers of dust under the sink.

Good contitnental breakfast. The staff was very accomodating, especially when we needed an early check in! The front desk was experiencing problems but they totally handled everything like pro's. Great staff!

Just ok

Our door handle was broken. The door was missing the medal part in the middle of the door. It looked like someone tried to break in. The bathroom need some upgrading. No small towels supplied only big ones. The room was dusty. The breakfast area was messy. Possibly have someone cleaning periodically . The hotel overall needs a few upgrades.

The bed was soft. The staff was nice and friendly. The location was great, close to many things and highway.

The breakfast bar was wonderful.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

My room was not cleaned properly. We decided to stay a 2nd night. Was gone most of the second day. When getting to the room. Bed was made. Whirlpool tub was not cleaned. Bathroom was picked up but not cleaned. No clean towels left. I went to desk and man apologized. Thank you for the apology but, i would not get away with that at my job. Customer never should be dissatisfied.

The breakfast bar was wonderful. Staff was very helpful.

It was an adequate hotel for the money. But I won't stay there next time.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This property needed updated for a Hampton inn owned by Hilton. The rooms were adequate. Furnished nicely by a microwave and refrigerator. But the carpet was dated and found the pool area dirty with food and ants on the floor. I expected a nicer accommodations

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

When I got my bill on departure day--the rate was not my Bookkng.com rate! Booking.com was 102 Hampton was 124 Although I noticed it sndcstaff was fine fixing it--I will not use Boiking.com again. We were in a hurry to depRt and I could have early missed it.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The fact that they don't tell you they hold an extra 50.00 on my debt,on top of when you book on line and they give you the final price with taxes then the hotel charges an extra 10.00 on top of that.When I booked on line the total with taxes was 141.69 then when I got to the hotel they charged me 152.and some change.Will definitely think twice before I choose to go back.

Highly Recommend

Staff super super friendly! Overall, very pleasant stay. Clean! Gave each person a "happy bag" full of snacks, fruit and water, when we left.

We enjoyed the room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Love that you offer it but the line was long and they were running out of food so you had to wait and remind staff what food items were needed to be refilled.

The bed was comfortable and the room clean.

Nice hotel

Water wasn't all that hot. Kept thinking it was going to run cold while in shower.

Hampton Inn beds are always great. Hotel was clean, staff very pleasant. Conveniently close to highway but no traffic noise. Restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Lovely stay, no complaints.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I don't have anything negative to say about our stay. We didn't have the breakfast, but I'm sure it was good as everything else in the hotel was clean and as expected.

Beds were comfortable. The room was quiet and the jacuzzi was heavenly. The hotel was very clean. We had no problems finding it from the road and our room overlooked a swampy area out back which we really liked.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Ok, could have been better
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The first two room keys would not open the outer door or room door. So I had to walk down to the desk from third floor after parking halfway down the building to get new ones and one of the second set would not open the room door. I was on the elevator and saw coffee spilled on the floor and a housekeeper was on the elevator and she didn't bother to wipe it up and the mess was there a hour later.

Whirlpool felt great!!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Bed was very nice, it was soft, nice down pillows.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought the complimentary breakfast could've been a little better and I was not a fan of the coffee they served....

Bed was very nice, it was soft, nice down pillows. Overall it was pretty good.

Nasty leftovers

The hotel staff.

The hotel itself was nice. It was an older building which was fine but first off we tried getting into our room and the door wouldn't open. It was stuck. Second, as we were getting comfortable in our room putting things away, we opened the dresser drawer and there sat a pair of men's underwear and a dirty Tshirt. I told the front desk and all he did was put a note in the computer. When checking out I let the girl know again of the situation and she said she couldn't do anything for me but give me. Never again will I stay at a Hampton. Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

You rock!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We didn't know there wasn't shuttle service on week-ends. The ad I googled offered shuttles to and from the airport but I don't recall seeing anything about no week-end service.This was a minor thing and didn't really cause a problem.

Everything was excellent...comfy mattress, super clean bathroom, could find nothing that was not up to par. The guy who complained about the toilet running all night should have called the front desk! I know it would have been handled right away. This was our 56th anniversary and the front desk sweetheart recommended a nice restaurant, Casa, before we turned in for the night.

very nice

none so far

very nice

Ricky was courteous, friendly and helpful!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Ricky was courteous, friendly and helpful!

Won't be staying there again

The room was only fair and very outdated. There was no fan in the bathroom, that is a horrible pet peeve.

The location.

Clean and friendly staff!

Clean and friendly staff!

clean, conviently located
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

room was clean. front desk associate very friendly and helpful with directions. breakfast was so-so at best, IHOP is just down the road tho.

Overall.

No vending on the floor other than the first floor.

Overall. No complaints. First choice for me next time most definitely.

Love this hotel. I stay here alot.

No where to park. Was doing fresh blacktop.

Perfect spot for our travels all weekend. Was within 10-15 minutes from everything we wanted to do.

Good value

Water pressure in shower not great

Comfy beds. Clean rooms. Breakfast area neat and clean. Staff was friendly.

Perfect

Pillows

Will use your location for every trip to Fort Wayne. Love everything

The breakfast and the Jacuzzi in the room was wonderful
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Everything was good except the bathroom. The toilet was having major problems

The breakfast and the Jacuzzi in the room was wonderful

Clean, comfortable and quiet
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean rooms, social hour drinks and snacks

okay.

It could use updating. I also requested to upgrade to a suite and that didn't happen.

The bed was comfortable and staff was super friendly.

Good location, clean and quite
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t get local channels on room TV

Nice breakfast selections

Staff was awesome

Staff was awesome

First 2 nights were good, other than spa wasn't working.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool room had so much chlorine, burnt eyes.

No washer and dryer

No washer and dryer

Bed like cement

Very nice setting.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very hard to get to on your first time.

Very nice setting.

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful and very...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful and very welcoming!!!!

I will book there again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When I turned the heater on, unpleasant smell. Didn’t last long.

The pool was open and clean.

Stay was short but we were able to relax and get a good night’s sleep.

We were extremely happy with this hotel. It was very relaxing after a ten hour drive.

Disappointed in cleanliness of room
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping woke us up at 9:15 trying to get in to clean. WTH? That was very early!!!!

The jacuzzi tub

Overall good. The breakfast was very nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The mattress was uncomfortable. My son hated it.

The staff went out of their normal routine to accommodate me.

I enjoyed my weekend every much
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I can't say I didnt like anything

The bed was so comfortable and the hot tub in the room was amazing

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Having great coffee always ready by the front door!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Having great coffee always ready by the front door!! Staff was super friendly and helpful!

A welcome relief to a long day.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was a bit untidy in the morning.

Staff was lovely.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It was dark when we arrived.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a little disappointing.turkey sausage and omelets.

It was dark when we arrived.the clerk was very helpful nice.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Closet door came off rails.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Closet door came off rails.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Best place all around
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great staff.... great pillows. Thick warm blankets!!! Great breakfast. Best place to stay ever!! Thank you

The bathroom and bed was nice, as well as the kind staff.

The bathroom and bed was nice, as well as the kind staff.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

great and peaceful rest

The staff was very helpful and pleasant

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great stay in Ft. Wayne
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and the staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Staff and beds were nice

Staff and beds were nice

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Bed was comfortable and I especially loved to spa bath.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Expected the breakfast bar to have more options, bit of a let down.

Bed was comfortable and I especially loved to spa bath.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Pillows were comfy

No complaints

Pillows were comfy

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

happy and would stay again

Pillows need more of

Just the friendly people

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

awesome place, very pleased!!!
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

!!!!whirlpool tub was extremely noisy

room was excellent, very clean, very comfy!!!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

The bed was comfortable and the pool was open until midnight...

The air ocnditioner unit seemed to have a musty smell and there were ants in the room

The bed was comfortable and the pool was open until midnight making it easier for the business traveler to have some time there after work.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

My husband and I only stayed for one night while visiting...

The only thing I didn't like was that we didn't receive a receipt from the hotel. When we checked out Mia asked if we received a receipt by our door so we could just leave the keys in the room and head out. I said no. She said ok and that they would email me a receipt. I still have not received that receipt yet. For some that's not a big deal, but I just want to make sure that what they charge to my card is the exact amount that I booked the room for.

My husband and I only stayed for one night while visiting friends. Mia was the one who checked us in and was very friendly. The place had recently been renovated and looks great. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I liked that they had a continental breakfast. They had a decent amount of food to choose from. It was close to where our friends live (about 15 minutes away) and the downtown area. I wouldn't mind staying there again should my husband and I visit.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2015

We especially enjoyed the soft and comfortable bedding.

Some Hampton Inn properties have placed the large dressing mirror in a place on the wall where, if you are in the bathroom and don't close the door all the way, your partner can see you from the bed through the reflection!

We especially enjoyed the soft and comfortable bedding. I also liked having a USA Today newspaper in the morning, and being able to get coffee at any time in the lobby was welcomed and appreciated.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

I guess it was better than sleeping in the rental car.

Our room (203) smelled like a toilet. Like dirty plumbing, it was hard for me to sleep it was so bad. Also I don't think the ac worked properly because the carpet was damp and slimy and my clothes also became damp. Had requested late check out, no one got back to me (twice). Didn't matter because on the last day the water was shut off when I was going to shower so we left early. Hated this place! Never staying at any Hampton Inn again.

I guess it was better than sleeping in the rental car...? Liked the elliptical in the work out room.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

The snacks in the evening and complitary breakfast

being I was pre approved by booking.com they insisted on having a credit card again so my daughter gave her hers for pre authorization charged your card that day churches again the day of check out which they told us that they weren't going to charge anything on it my daughter had to call and get that removed and they had said that the computer did it it was all fixed but that was really unnecessary when I paid in cash for my room

The snacks in the evening and complitary breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The rooms are dated.

Remodel

The rooms are dated. Seem like a roadside Hotel on an interstate. Not the Hampton quality we are accustomed to

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

there was a mess up with my reservation but it was taken...

the drains didnt drain well

there was a mess up with my reservation but it was taken care of very promptly to my satisfaction

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.