Reviews of Hampton Inn Fort Collins 3 stars

1620 Oakridge Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA

#13 of 29 hotels in Fort Collins

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast exceeded expectations. Oatmeal was real instead of instant, also, steel cut; which was an extra nutritious treat. Waffle mix was exceptional, made waffles the best I have ever eaten. Rear wing in which I stayed was quiet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It made all of my expectations for a Hampton Inn.

The Hotel was very clean and the rooms also. The staff was very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Fort Collins.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I needed to park my 16' panel truck in the street. Parking is limited.

This would be a great hotel for a business traveler. Nicely appointed and efficient. Good beds and a quality breakfast in the morning.

no complaints

complimentary breakfast was amazing, so many healthy choices, coffee AMAZING, room was comfortable, slept great every night. We enjoyed the pool as well.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I booked, I did the pay at hotel with cash option, no one at the hotel knew about that and how to get it off my card. It went in my card instead that I had to add at booking. We all wanted to split booking and pay cash. That wa frustrating, because I was given that option at booking.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Oh... you are paying extra for a dog. Why say pet friendly then charge for the pet? Why can't Hampton give that information ? - I booked Hampton based on that info...

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a room on Booking.com that was not offered at the hotel we stayed at ... so, our room was a different size (smaller) than we originally booked. That was disappointing because we had to request a roll-away bed, which was very uncomfortable - could feel the metal springs in the mattress.

It was very clean and staff were friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was comfortable but it could use a deep cleaning. There was dirt around the baseboards in the bathroom!!

We stayed in Ft Collins to attend a funeral!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can’t say there was anything I didn’t like.

The beds were so comfortable! The coffee was great! The shower was awesome!!! And the staff was so friendly and courteous! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very, very pleased. Also was very very quiet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room could have been cleaner. Building needs updating. Pool fumes were awful. Couldn’t swim.

The staff were nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable!!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cereal choice was limited 2 sugar-y cereals and Corn Flakes. All the bananas were bruised up when I ate a 7:30 a.m. Coffee sucks. Went to Starbucks afterward. Bathtub was tired with mildew and stain about the drain.

Breakfast was good with fluffy omelets.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fact that since I booked through Booking.com I was unable to cancel the last night and leave a day early to get to my next location.

Both Fornt Desk Individuals we had frequent contact went above and beyond in meeting our needs whenever we asked: Brandon and Jenny!!!

Had family meet us and spent the night and they were military and asked about the military discount and was told they were not able to use the military discount. I feel that is very unacceptable no matter how booked the hotel is.

A little off the highway, but if you don't mind staying further off the highway, it is worth the additional travel to get to it.

Arrived late, but the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, giving suggestions for places to eat a late dinner and directions on how to get there.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff during breakfast was rude to guests, felt rushed, should remain open until 11a or later for guests, especially on weekend mornings.

Name brand toiletries provided, plush bedding, extra clean, plenty of outlets for multiple device charging, free breakfast, free wifi, cable tv, mini fridge

The person that ck'd me in was not nearly as friendly/accommodating as others I've experienced in many years of my staying at Hampton Inns. There was a discrepancy in pricing (she was quoting me a higher price/night than what my reservation confirmation indicated it should be) and even after I showed her my confirmation paperwork, she was disputing the rate and finally said she'd have to speak to her manager. When she came back out, she did whatever was necessary in order for me to get the rate that booking.com had quoted me. Also, I was very disappointed to find that there was mildew in the grout surrounding the bathtub. That has never happened before and it is something that makes me question the cleanliness of the room overall. They definitely need to replace their ironing board covers and their irons ... the ironing board in my room was in terrible shape ... there was basically just the thin cotton cover on the board w/no cushioning material underneath. When I looked under the cover material, I found that the cushioning material had deteriorated to the point of simply falling apart in my hands when I tried to adjust it. The cover over the water reservoir of the iron had broken off and so water was sloshing out of the iron as I was ironing. And I know I wasn't the only customer that was less than happy w/this location. I spoke to a couple in the elevator one morning who indicated that they agreed this location was not up to the standard of other Hampton Inns they'd stayed in.

I always appreciate the Hampton Inn beds.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Never did see where the salt and pepper was in the breakfast.

Staff accommodated me with all 3 of my peculiar requests. One day I asked the cleaning lady if she could wait til after 3 pm to clean our room. The front desk personnel agreed to put my two small ice packs in their freezer overnight, since my room didn't have a freezer. Also I asked to borrow a pencil. They helped me out in each of these situations. Thanks!

Our corner room had a lot of room noise from Harmony Rd.

Desk manager, Jenny was very helpful and friendly! The breakfasts were great! We stayed there for 3 nights and each day there was a different hot entrée for breakfast. Because our family from many states stayed here we appreciated the breakfast table area being open for us to use in the evenings for conversation and games. We also appreciated having a smaller weight blanket in our room's closet for the warm weather instead of only the heavier spread on the bed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I am lactose intolerant and they put cheese in the eggs. But cheese makes them stay moist and there were many other options. So it really was not a problem.

I like the bed it was comfy, and I liked the staff especially Miha she was so helpful and made my parents feel good about the trip. She gave me an up date on the weather that was very valuable in making our trip.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The pool was closed

The receptionist was gracious and helpful as we discovered that I had accidentally booked the wrong night. The breakfast was delicious, and the room was comfortable and clean. It was a convenient place to stay with my husband and two little boys.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noise! We were put right next to the stair well on the first floor and the kids above us stomped and ran through the hallways all night. The TV didn't work; the lighting was offly dim and the room was difficult to regulate temperature. It stayed pretty cold in there all night. But it was a very clean room and the staff was accommodating.

pool open late fulfilled my request for extra blankets and sheets room was clean

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Coffee not replaced after first day's use - taken care of quickly when I mentioned it.

There was a great variety of hot breakfast options each day we were there. Our bed was really comfortable; and the staff was super friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

After we went to our room, the refrigerator's fan motor was making a noise, then the heat wouldn't shut off unless we turned it off completely. They gave us another room and $50 credit. We had already unpacked all off our suitcases so we had to pack back up in order to move to the other room. The lady also asked .."do we watch much tv" we said yes why..she said.."because some of the tv's do not work very well". That's not the expectations of a 4 star hotel. We got to our new room and the refrigerator there made the same noise from the fan motor so we unplugged the refrigerator. The outlet had an extension cord plugged into it and almost everything was full...can't believe this would pass a building code compliance for possible electrical fires. I do not understand how this facility can maintain a 4 star rating. We have stayed at several Hampton Inns in the past and they were very well managed and maintained. That was why we picked this facility over the many others in the area. This experience will have us rethinking our plans for a hotel when we schedule our next trip.

Breakfast was great and the desk employees were very professional and courteous. We appreciated their attitude towards everyone.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

TV didn't work at all. Couldn't get FOX Network on channel 7. All other channels were on wrong frequency. Complained but only one staff member was on duty and couldn't come up, as he couldn't leave his front desk.

Bed was comfortable. Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were multiple lights burned out in the room. The floor was not vacuumed and was filthy. We asked for them to vacuum, which they said they would, but they forgot twice and never did it.

The location was convenient and the people were friendly enough

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

When we originally signed up, we accidently put down the wrong end date for our stay. We had to change that and thought everything was all set. But somehow the ball got dropped. The hotel was not informed about our updated schedule.

The facility was very clean. The staff was caring and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

3nd and 2nd floor ice makers were out of order,hot tub jets were inoperable.Considering we had 4 grandkids looking foward to the hot tub this was very disappointing.

Staff,location were very helpful and area was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

The bed was AWFUL!I did not get any sleep and the bed highly aggravated my disability and ended up ruining our entire trip because I could barely walk all day and was on so much pain. I was told I would be given my money back dye to this issue but that NEVER HAPPENED!also,the hot tub did not work and is required as part of my treatment for my disability. Which also aggravated my health.

Like the atmosphere and cleanliness and the quality breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Feels like home away from home

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

waited 20 minutes tp checkin , 2 people also waitung sign on desk helping customer , understaffed ran out of bottled water, ran out of diet coke

Priced a little high compared to 3months earlier.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean & cozy. Breakfast was good. Overall, very satified.

The staff was very helpful and allowed my grandchildren to come and visit with us in our room

Very friendly staff.

None!

Convenient location with places to eat within walking distance.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I tried to use the hot tub but the jets didn't work.

Gym, coffee bar

Fruit for breakfast was delicious

The fact that they didn't have a room for me.

Got a room facing a busy road.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We really liked the beds.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The windows leaked air loudly and it was freezing in our room. The noise from the air coming in would wake us up

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to everywhere I need to go

Shower was cold.

Beds were comfortable and breakfast was great!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great. Room very comfortable.

Very comfortable room!

N/a

Lots of variety

There was no on site restaurant

The position of the property was very good for my businessneeds

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast were very good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a miscommunication between Booking and the hotel about how many rooms we had reserved.

Clean and comfortable, friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet seat wouldn't stay up without being held by hand. Not very convenient for guys.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was filthy when we got there. This is the first time that we have ever had a bad experience at the this hotel.

Too far from downtown. Very basic breakfast

Good size room. Comfortable bed. Wifi.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Too much cheese in eggs & sides

Great mattress, quiet room, clean, friendly staff!

Would liked to have had a tub along with the shower.

the hot tub didn't work and the bed was hard

very clean and quiet

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only rented motel room for to go out of town for children's birthday and pool was out of service!

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

My mattress was uncomfortable which was disappointing since Hamptons praise their guarantee for comfort.

Staff were great and helpful ! it is a quiet and warm place to stay.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Pool and hot tub out of service

Fitness center

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no remote in the room, there was no smoke alarm (it was removed and not replaced, the furnishings were very old.

Good choices for Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Road noise.

Clean & updated decor. Excellent breakfast and coffee. Convenient location. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Coffee and hot water were Luke warm at 8pm Bathroom appeared to be caulked over moldy caulking

The bed was comfy. Hotel was clean upon entry

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

No military discount

The bed was like a cloud and the room was very quiet

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Mildew/mold in showers, frayed and worn out carpet in room. Room was in poor condition.

Staff super friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Quiet and great location! Good to have breakfast included in the morning!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were great wonderful breakfasts

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel seemed to need updating. Third floor ice machine not working, Sound on TV not working properly.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

I have no complaints

Place was amazeinf staff Re always great always lovebeinv there the k you

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

No problems or issues to report

Very nice staff, good location for our trip

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable beds and breakfast had a large selection to choose from. The breakfast sausage was yummy!

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hannah at the front desk was great.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

The breakfast was not cooked all the way (hard boiled eggs)

The bed was phenomenal after a 8 hour day playing softball it was perfect to crawl into. Very relaxing.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

The young woman staffing the front desk is simply awesome. We felt welcomed and taken care of. Definitely one of the best customer service experiences we've had at any hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Breakfast could be improved upon. When we stayed here a week earlier (Labor Day weekend), had excellent breakfast. Must have been someone different for Sept 14. Bacon more greasy, but ok and eggs not as good. Other breakfast offerings were fine.

Good location and generally comfortable room for the price.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.