Reviews of Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Cypress Creek 3 stars

720 East Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA

#90 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

I WILL NEVER STAY IN YOUR ESTABLISHMENT EVER AGAIN. I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR A POOR STAY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were holes in the walls and I had to change our room twice. The 3rd room smelled like mildew and both beds linen were not clean. I brought sheets for the bed and redressed the beds after we left with your own linen. The outside walls by the pool was fessed with bees.

This is a 1 1/2 star hotel....I love the fact that there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room

Overall, everything was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good. Could maybe next time add grits, pancakes and turkey bacon.

Overall, everything was good. Didn't like the way the tax was calculated for the rooms.

Good vacation time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was under construction....and pool was not too appealing

Breakfast was good. Coffee and tea available all day. The staff was very friendly and available to help. Despite under construction the room and the hotel were clean.

This last stay was superb as usual. I will stay on my next trip to Ft. Lauderdale area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location is perfect for me. I always stay here when I go to Ft. Lauderdale area. The staff is always extra friendly & makes me feel welcome.

Horrible experience, shame on them!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place was horrible. The entire hotel was under construction. The hotel should have been closed during the construction. Noise everywhere. Dust everywhere. Customer service horrible. Machinery everywhere. We stayed one night as we were exhausted. We moved to a different hotel.

Breakfast was good

At first sight I was a little doubtful about the appearance...

No dislikes!

At first sight I was a little doubtful about the appearance of the building but after entering and talking with the front desk clerk I was comforted by his greeting and assurance about the property and it was well worth the stay, we will do it again!

The front desk staff was courteous and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was under massive renovation and should not be open to the public. I was having breakfast with my family and my 3 year old son touched the glass window and we heard this sound. When we looked up, the glass window was actually shattered and was not safe for the occupants.This was right in the breakfast area. In addition, there was construction taking place inside the hotel across from our room.

The front desk staff was courteous and friendly.

need to fix uo the hotel
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

in the beging the lady was on the phone with someone and i had to wait 30 mins for her to check me in. the outside was being worked on everywear. the room smelled like mildue, Icalled down and no one answered then i went down it looked closed so i just got a air fressner and put it in the room. went to the pool and there was garbage all over. could have been kids.but the misquies wear so bad out there so I went back to the room the internet was not working it really was not what i thought. I was staying cause after a wedding and it was not worht it to me.

the bathroom was big and the lady was nice in the beging. having a hot tub was good went

Good service

Only renovation project cover my window view outsight ,but understandable.

Good breakfast and of course cofee whole day.room comford exelent ,very nice staff and service very happy about it.

The beds were comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were comfortable. The place is very clean and breakfast is abundant. Part of the hotel is undergoing a renovation but we didn't hear any noises.

We didn't expect the property was fully under...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't expect the property was fully under construction. We can't stay in under construction properties. Sorry we didn't stay. I want my money back as soon as possible. Thanks.

upgrade
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel needed alot of renovations and upgrades... alot,. Moldy smell is some rooms and gym.

The breakfast was giid every day, good selection, the pool was warm, the rooms were clean.

The entire facility was under major construction. Booking.com never mentioned this. Blue paper masked the windows with scaffolding to the roof surrounding the bulding. Construction started in January, and your website was notified then. Your site is deceptive at the least and outright scurrilous at best. This is the third booking we have been misled and will never never use your site again. Last month in May, you ruined our 46th anniversary trip, to a B&B in Melbourne, and last November, sent us to a dump (Hilton) in Hollywood, Fl. Never again!

Breakfast was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room too small. It was hard to get to the closet because the desk and the bed were too close to each other. You didnt have enough space to walk in between.

Breakfast was great. Room was clean. Beds were confortable

Let people know that it's being renovated online
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that the hotel was under construction and the online pictures did not represent the hotels current state and a lot of people were complaining while i was entering and exiting the hotel, we didn't get to use the pool because their was construction equipment around it and the Windows in the room were covered so we couldn't see outside.

Room need updated.

The bathroom smell of smoke. The whole hotel was under construction. It was hard getting in and out. Had to walk under all these boards. We had the ceiling dust on our clothes.

Breakfast was wonderful. The staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Decent stay for a decent price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not tasty. The renovations covered the entire outside of the building in tarps and construction items. The location was not very ideal.

The actual room has up to date furniture and a nice clean bathroom.

Don't know if I would stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The inside of the hotel seemed old, dark and dingy. The room was tiny. The bathroom was even smaller. The fire alarm was going off in the middle of the night for several minutes. There was one million cats outside of the entrance doors.

The location was convenient to shopping and entertainment. The breakfast was ok. The waffles and orange juice were good.

Very good location

That it was under construction. You could see a lot of water damage.

The location of the hotel was great. Close to highways,food and shopping. It was also quite scleanclean and

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Very comf.

Location could be a little better. The ongoing reconstruction works was a little annoying (we knew that when ordered) and asked staff for a change and they instantly gave us another room! Other than that, everything great!

Very comf. bed, good and clean room, a lot of space for clothes and other items, very friendly staff, free water/coffe in the lobby, OK breakfast, free parking onsite.

The rooms were clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was great. The pool was nice and the staff were really friendly. We would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Renovation inconveniences

The property was in the middle of a renovation. This was problematic with inconveniences and noise issues. I should have been advised when reservations were made and/or compensated for being put in this situation.

Staff - AWESOME, Food - Excellent

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Bad Value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Building is under a major remodeling project, has scaffolding around outside and should be closed while under construction. Hallways are narrow, carpets are really dirty & worn, only one elevator working, etc, etc, etc. With all these problems you would think there would be a "break" in the rates and there was --they jacked "up" the rates to $243 a night for a room that was worth no more than $79 - $89. Never been treated this way by Hampton Inn before so will have to shop other hotels in the future.

I am a big fan of Hampton Inn. I can usually depend on them to deliver as advertised but this stay was different - not good.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

We enjoyed our entire stay.

We enjoyed our entire stay. The front desk staff was pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. The room was a good size, and the decor was tasteful. We stayed at the end of February, and the hotel is under renovations, but the only evidence of that we saw was some scaffolding on the outside of the building. There was no noise disruption, and we didn't encounter any interior work. The property was very clean, and we even commented that the staff was always visible, working to keep things clean. The hotel pool was a nice size for a hotel pool, not too small. It didn't seem to be heated, but as we are from up North, it was perfectly acceptable to us, especially for February, even though it felt just a little chilly until you got used to it. There was a good variety at breakfast: bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, make-your-own waffles,etc. Also, some of the hot selections (eggs, potatoes, sausage, french toast) changed daily. The coffee was excellent! As we had a rental car, the location was just fine for quick access to beaches, restaurants, airport, etc.

Front desk and all room service was very nice and pleasant
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

breakfast they did not keep up with the food for the volume of people when i got there everything was out

Front desk and all room service was very nice and pleasant

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Good Hampton Experience

Nothing as such.

Good location, clean property, courteous staff, good breakfast. Pretty close to Fort Lauderdale by the sea. It was a very lively and nice place to hangout.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Great hotel and stay. You all need to stay at this Hampton Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Even though the exterior had construction on going the grounds were well kept. The house cleaning and front desk were very friendly. The onsite manager was right on top of everything. Worth the stay

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Ok stay.... but end was Horrible!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The mgr on the date of our checkout..my son was ill and I asked for more time so we could care for our son. We had to travel 6 hours home abd had to check out anyway. Couldn't give us 30 more minutes!! Will never stay there again!!

Our room was nice.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Another Great stay at Hampton Inn!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My only negative was that the hallways were always so very hot.

My entire family really enjoyed the 4 days we spent there. The beds had the perfect softness and because of the comfort of the comforter, I wanted to ask management where I could purchase one from. The Hampton Inn brand has always been consistently good!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

very good!!!

outstanding staff, really kind and helpful big rooms, big beds, rooms have refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker wifi, parking and breakfast included

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The breakfast was really good the location was fantastic...

I didn't like when I checked in I pre-ordered a king room there were no King rooms available and it up with a queen room when I checked in the staff at the front desk was not very friendly when I checked out they were not very friendly as well didn't even ask how my stay was just checked me out and charge me the comforter on the bed was dirty and the bathroom was not very clean either.

The breakfast was really good the location was fantastic parking was good.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Lovely stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You need to have a vehicle to get around as there weren't many eating places near by.

We arrived in the night and thought the place was small at first glance. It was, but turned out to be one of the most comfortable places we stayed during our vacation. The Breakfast was divine, the potatoes - sumptious. Would stay there again or another Hampton

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Not what we were expecting from a Hampton Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The person who checked us in, Rohan was very professional and assisted us. There were very few employees that we encountered who did not greet us. Our beds were made daily and amenities replaced. While the amenities were good, our room was extremely musty and had mold on the roof in the roof and bathroom. The carpet was also damp so we avoided the room as much as we could. When we opened the door a horrible musty smell would greet you. There was a package that was delivered while we were there. We knew it was delivered as we got confirmation. When we returned and asked for the package, it could not be located. It took them over 30 minutes to locate it. We were not impressed with that part of the service offered at all. Due to the delay with locating the package we asked if it could be sent up as we were there waiting. We did receive the call that it was located but had to go downstairs to get it. Again we were not impressed. One morning (Sunday, September 25, 2016) we went down for breakfast and there was no sugar only artifical sweeteners provided (none at the coffee station or on the line). So it had to be requested and the only one that was provided was granulated, no brown or raw sugar. Again we were disappointed.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Easy access too & great price!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk was very accommodating to us at the last minute and breakfast was very good and a large selection. Will definitely recommend snd use again.

The food was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was kind of small, but very clean though

The food was good. There's all day coffee and cold water in the lobby. The pool is kind of small but clean...

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

The room was clean,didn't have to worry about parking.

Everything was wonderful.

The room was clean,didn't have to worry about parking. The staff was very professional,the breakfast was great. I would recommend to friend and family.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I would stay again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room has a musty smell and it was not only mi room I so more people as the desk complaining , the first Hampton in that I sleep that has this , butt it was clean inside

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The location was totally my fault.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was totally my fault. I thought you were loser to nova university. We drove over from Orlando to attend my daughter's graduation there. But the drive took us over an hour with traffic but Hampton was wonderful in allowing us to cancel the second night and move closer to nova without any penalty. You are awesome for that!!!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

A good stay

Only pork served during breakfast. I can't eat pork(medical reasons). I suggest they should have alternatives.

Everything was ready upon my arrival. Easy check-in and easy check-out.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Have stayed at Hampton before and loved. Not this time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk person went in the back and shut the door leaving my family alone with two very angry and belligerent young men who were arguing over their bill. It was a very uncomfortable and scary situation to be in.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Good overall

Bed skirt and fitted sheet wouldn't stay on bed. We were constantly putting the bed skirt corners and fitted sheet over the edge of the mattress. Very annoying.

Great breakfast, good pool, clean, comfortable bed

Awesome
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It's a good 4* hotel with free breakfast and free parking space.

Had some troubles solving the issue with double charging.

Breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and polite, rooms are clean!

Nicely located, nice breakfast, clean rooms and nice...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Part of the building was under construction.

Nicely located, nice breakfast, clean rooms and nice swimming pool.

Every thing

Every thing

Staff very accommodative
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff very accommodative We reached early and allowed the room, without charging for the extra day

No AC in hall.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No AC in hall. No fan in bathroom. Room tiny.

The breakfast

Construction zone

The breakfast

Just ok

We could have been informed the hotel was under renovations

The staff was very friendly

The bed was comfy

They were doing renovations and wasn't aware ,parking was horrible

The bed was comfy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The appearance of the outside and the mold

Breakfast was good

Will be happy when renovations are done.

Will be happy when renovations are done.

The place was messy because of the construction

The place was messy because of the construction

Good place for transfer

Far from town ,need car

Good breakfast

Not Happy unrestful,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much to type , please call me if you want more info --and look at my notes in yr system of my complaints

Breakfast ok.

Staycation

The appearance due to remodeling and room size for a family of 5

The staff and breakfast

very good place to stay good breakfast friendly staff good location... love it.

everything was nice:)

everything was nice:)

Breakfast was included and was fine!

The motel is under renovation and is not particularly pleasing to look at externally.

Breakfast was included and was fine! Easy access off of I95.

Sonia at the front desk was especially helpful and kind!

Beds could be more comfortable but all in all, great hotel

Sonia at the front desk was especially helpful and kind!

Rude staff member greg

Dirty

Nothing was good rude staff extremly dirty room.

Affordable, accommodating , $50 lyft from airport 19 to cruise terminal,fullbreakfast. Comforta
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Awoke with bites-( think it was fleas saw them) 2 people one In each room of 2.

Staff was kind,accomodating ando hardworking

the pool and room

hotel exterior was under construction.

the pool and room

The room was not that spacious.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not that spacious... The property is currently under construction. Staff was great

Fix your fire alarm

The fire alarm going of at 2 am for no reason.

Breakfast was nice!

The walls in the room where cracked and the outdoor pool was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls in the room where cracked and the outdoor pool was full of leafs

The construction made it hard to use the pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was great. Ron was close

I was very satisfied and everything was lovely the room, ...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was very satisfied and everything was lovely the room, staff, and breakfast. I enjoyed it all.

Good place to stay

Musty smell in room. Possibly because of construction.

Friendly staff

Construction

Overall a good experience and will be even better when renovations are completed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

facilities were being renovated,, which caused some minor inconvenience and tight parking

Good breakfast selection

Not bad for the area and price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They were doing some repairs..a little bit of noise

Rooms very clean, and the area of the hotel is very easy to find and have access to everything

I got a good night's sleep

Breakfast area was too crowded in the a.m.

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The room

The room

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Under construction.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Under construction... I wasn't aware of it... they need to update their website pictures.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Excellent location for me with a wonderful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and enjoyable to work with.

Browse Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Cypress Creek traveller photo gallery