Reviews of Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation 3 stars

7801 Southwest 6th Street, Plantation, FL 33324, USA

#4 of 14 hotels in Plantation

Would do it again!

The Internet and phone services wasn't good. Calls kept dropping or you couldn't hear the other party.

Everything else was wonderful, from the shuttle driver to the maids they were great. The breakfasts were Delicious. Quite and safe area with close location to many shops and restaurants.

The pool was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi was very tiny, (only 3 people at a time) and it didn’t work at times.

The pool was great. Breakfast was good, each day there was something different that was hot, but still had waffles and cereal, and fruit daily. Room was clean and comfy.

Good not great place to stay.
    • King Room with Refrigerator and Microwave - Non-Smoking

Had some problems getting room cleaned .. not sure why from many people? Many apologies! Lift was below standard.

Room and facilities and Breakfast were good.

It was okay. Nothing to scream about.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I prefer not to eat in paper plates with plastic knives and plastic forks and paper bowls. I prefer to be assured of a seat in the dining room. I prefer not to settle for original coffee when robust runs out.

I liked that I was allowed to check in early at no cost. I liked the parking and the ease of access as there are different points of entry. I liked the easy check out. The location was great.

DISAPPOINTED!!!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely musty and I requested a late checkout. The maid came after 9 and when I told her of my late checkout she repeated the time several times. I'm sorry if she has her own schedule but so do I!!! Further the bathroom was outdated. "Hot water" was luke warm.

The check-in experience. Donovan was extremely delightful.

GREAT location if you are not driving - shops / restaurants in walking distance.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Fresh fruit salad was only available one morning for breakfast - it used to be available every morning. Had difficulty getting a taxi back to the hotel one evening - even called the hotel for assistance which was not successful!

Some refreshing fruit infused water was available (help yourself) on Saturday afternoon / evening - but sadly not again! It was the first time we had seen this and it would be an added touch if it was offered every afternoon.

Great venue for a few days

The carpet seemed clammy/damp.

The location was ideal. Free parking. Loved that I can walk to the mall. Could get tea/coffee from the lobby at any time during the day. 💕Neutrogena toiletries.

Comfortable, clean and relaxing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Should have more shuttle vehicles to and from Airport.

I liked everything about this Hotel. Excellent and friendly staff, always willing to assist in every way. Also the close proximity to all the Shopping Area. I would recommend this Hotel to all.

It was more that I imagined and totally relaxing!

Can't think of anything.

The overall service, room decor, breakfast, the little touches that made the stay so comfortable, like complimentary cookies in the evening and water, the staff (front desk and ladies who cleaned the room), free airport shuttle service.

Pleasant and peaceful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It took too long to get the rooms clean but once they were notified someone came and cleaned it immediately.

Like the breakfast choices and the kids had enough to eat and drink ,staff were pleasant and helpful.All my concerns were addressed immediately.

Overall a quiet pleasant stay, would recommend this hotel.
    • King Room with Refrigerator and Microwave - Non-Smoking

Small selection of food and not very warm no choice of eggs nobody explaining what was available. chairs not proportional to tables , too low down.

Nice big tables and spaced out well , and food well presented .

Would not stay here again
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

The closet smelled like mold and it permeated the surrounding space and I had a room that was 1/3 less size because of the elevator utilizing the space. Most unpleasant !

Outstanding experience!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was always willing to help e.g. getting a taxi, directions to attractions and even with the computer and internet. The breakfast was excellent! The mall is just outside the hotel..one minute walk. I would definitely stay here again!

Very comfortable hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A bit pricey and the breakfast is quite simple.

Very clean and comfortable hotel. Great pool and jacuzzi. Friendly staff. We obtained an early check in at 1pm and late check out also at 1pm the following day. Good location for shopping and dining.

Hampton was heavenly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sofas in the Breakfast area need refreshing you sink about 3 inches on sitting. A greater variety at breakfast would be appreciated.

The location is awesome especially for shopping...if you don't have transportation Westfield Broward Mall is literally 2 minutes walk from hotel. There's.also a Kohl's, Marshalls and several restaurants at The Fountains and a Target within 5 minutes walk also. The hotel itself is very nice, staff warm and welcoming. We came early and were lucky to be checked in with no drama. The beds were amazing...we had 5 nights of restful sleep. Will definitely return to Hampton.

My stay was ok

more healthy breakfastMy s

Bed was comfortable, pillow nice and soft everything was good in the room. Breakfast, same thing every morning which is not good need more healthy breakfast

It was good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that they put $139 hold on my card plus a $50 hold for incidentals which was not told to me upfront

It was fine I was there with my son for a soccer tournament The hotel was very suitable

Nice hotel. Friendly front desk attendant. Clean room.

There was a strange plastic smell in the elevator.

Unfortunately, I missed breakfast every morning (my fault), but the staff was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. I appreciated the mini-fridge.

Excellent, Amazing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately Hurricane Irma came by. But God is good, it could have been worse.

The staff here at the Hampton inn is Awesome, Extremely Caring and Helpful, Well Mannered. Will recommend to everyone back in Barbados when we leave.

Have stayed here many times so the hotel and area are familar.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not really excited about the breakfast options - wish the fresh fruit bowl was kept topped up. Although we arrived for breakfast with time to spare there was usually very little fruit left.

Good location if you do not have a car. Restaurants and shopping in walking distance

We had a great time and I don't always told us to stay here because she's coming there to visit her
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was great from Man woman at the front desk the kitchen staff, housekeeping they answered all her questions and make us feel at home my daughter was attend College for the first time that week We appreciate all the help Thank you Hamilton Inn

Great !

WiFi connection. Didn't ask me for name n room number instantly. Then WiFi disappear. Jus wasn't connecting with my phones

Breakfast tasty n choices. Location to mall. Cleanliness. Friendliness. Location to airport. Coffee available. Overall a very nice place.

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Long wait for the hotel shuttle. Also shuttle only starts working at 8:00am so plan for this if you are arriving early.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was good. Rooms were very clean.

Good homely clean spaces and rooms with great exercise room and pool.

The reception on the first night. When I called, I was made to feel badly for calling late to book a shuttle. I didn't realize that there was more than one Hampton inn in ft lauderdale or than I needed to book my shuttle until I hopped in one and reached the wrong Hampton inn. I wasn't even sure based on the initial response whether the shuttle driver would make it before his cutoff time, didn't know there was a cutoff time ( 10 pm).

The gym space had all I needed for a great workout. Not crowded, actually no one in there, so I could workout with no disturbance. The breakfast had good variety except for the fruit ( red apples and bananas only for options that weren't already cut) Evening snack was always welcome and why I stay here The driver to and from the airport was great. He was welcoming and made me feel relaxed after a mixup on location on arrival offering water, snacks, etc. good conversation too really helped.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Free shuttle to and from the airport.

The a/c unit was noisy and would wake us up at night. The room did not have a personal safe.

Free shuttle to and from the airport. Babu at the front desk was very accomodating even getting a hot cup of tea for my sore throat. The complimentary morning breakfast runs from 6am to 10am, early risers and late sleepers are all accomodated. The breakfast menu changes each morning and its not all toast and cereal. We left our room for breakfast at 8am and returned at 9am and the room was cleaned...we never saw a cleaning cart or cleaning staff...cleaning ninjas my wife called them. The corridors, elevator and lobby very clean, the room was exceptional and the bathrooms were clean and updated.

clean rooms,comfortable rooms
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My friend left clothes in the closet, when she went back to get them the next day, no one could help. They didn't take her number or seem to care that she had left clothes. She became quite angry , called back later in the same day, demanded to get the clothes back as she was wearing these clothes for her father's funeral. Interesting that the clothes became "found" late that day.Makes one think that if the housekeeping staff is keeping your things that they find after your departure..what must they be putting in their pockets while you are staying there. When you are under duress of losing a parent, the last thing you would want to worry about, are the possessions in your room safe. I gave Hampton Inn a bit more credit than deserved.

clean rooms,comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Would not be back!!!

Hot water ran out at the tea station and no one refilled it. Was told this hotel does not do trips to Sawgrass

Bring back transport to Sawgrass and happy hour

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

A GREAT PLACE TO UNWIND AND RECUPE
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

The curtains in the room could not be fully closed to block out all the light. The bolt on the door was not working properly making it impossible to double lock. Despite putting a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door, we were awakened while sleeping by the maid knocking and trying to get into the room after we were recuperating from a 20-hour flight and a twelve time zone change.

This is a very well managed property with a happy and helpful staff. Manager Melissa Benoit really knows what she is doing. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. The pool area is really lovely. The free wifi is reliable and works very well. The complimentary breakfast is great with many delicious hot and cold options with very convenient hours of 6-10AM daily.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The room was good and the breakfast really good thank you
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

There was no tea in the room and fresh milk would have been nice.

The bed was extra comfy. Clean bathroom. Breakfast was more than expected and the variety outstanding thank you.

renovations was a problem

The only HUGE problem we had was the renovation going on at the hotel. We think the hotel should have given guests a discount. There were small notices posted apologising for the inconvenience. If we had known they were renovating the outside of the hotel we would NOT have stayed there. There was alot of dirt in the pool and white specks of foam stuff flying everywhere in the air, consequently it would get stuck in your hair. We walked into the hotel and just before we went through the door a builder dropped a big nail from the top floor and it missed us by inches, landing on the ground next to us. I think it would have been a nice gesture to warn guests ahead of time. I can understand the hotel wanting to keep it quiet but upon arriving and finding the work going on it was upsetting.

Location to the mall and restaurants was great, you could walk around. Seems to be a cruise hotel, many guests were arriving to stay overnight before their cruise.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Where have the safe's gone?
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where is the safe? Didnt like the fact that there was nowhere to put passports electronics etc.

Perfect location for Westfield Mall and movie theater. Clean, plenty of space, nice pool area.

Great place to stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only issue I have is they offer free shuttle service but they don't have enough shuttles...we ended up taking a cab from the airport because the wait was over an hour. Also couldn't accommodate us going back to the airport. Tom the driver is awesome but he needs help. I stay at this place a couple times a year and I recommend it to everyone...please hire more people to shuttle and have more than one person working the front desk.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

They had breakfast in bags prepared to go in case you left...

They had breakfast in bags prepared to go in case you left early and could not get their free sit-down breakfast. It included a fruit, muffin, and water. Also the freshly baked cookies were delicious!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The evening of 1/13/17, I reported killing a bug in...

The evening of 1/13/17, I reported killing a bug in the room to the Front Desk Attendant. Went to the mall and returned to room (415), hours later and saw more bugs. I went down to the Front Desk and showed the attendant where I killed the bugs. He took the paper tossed it in the garbage. He then gave my husband and I a key to another room. My husband and I went to check out the room. As I opened the door, I saw luggage. This room is occupied! My husband and I went back to the Front Desk and reported to the Attendant that the room was taken. He started looking for another room, then he left the Front Desk to ensure the next room would be empty. A few minutes later, he came back and gave us the key to another room. As we opened the door, the room was cold because of the air conditioner. I turned on the heat to warm up the room and the smoke detector goes off. My husband takes it apart. It is now after midnight and we try to get some sleep before going on a cruise, in the morning. Hours later, I speak with the Supervisor and tell her everything that has happened. She tells me that there will be no charges due to the inconvenience. 1/24/17, I opened my credit card statement and I see a charge for $259.74 and it is not the price that Booking.com told us to pay, which is $204. This was not a good stay for my husband and I.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Our stay was wonderful. The staff accomodating and cheerful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was a little hard to find at night because there is no type of signage when you come in on Federated Rd. off University. When you reach the stop sign you see the large signage for the Contour Day Spa and if you don't look down the road to the left you will not see the little sign for the Hampton Inn.

Breakfast was wonderful each day but could definitely use a little more seating space.

Stay away!!
    • King Room with Refrigerator and Microwave - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean Desk chair was filthy Bugs Sheets wrinkled Mattress too soft Not informed about ongoing exterior renovations will never return return here

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Very nice place, convenient to my family in Plantation, Davie & Jacaranda so would definitely choose
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room 318 has loose handle on bathroom door and it was difficult to get handle on outside of room to open door once keycard swiped. I didn't tell desk when checking out because they were busy. Other than that, room had refrigerator & microwave over which is so convenient when travelling! Carol Lynch

Breakfast had a lot of choices to please everyone there, it was very quiet even though we were close to elevator by request, and staff extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Great Value for Money but some observations
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

renovations/some trpuble with Internet connection in business centre/not very much variety with breakfast options/ noisy air conditioner. Air conditioner on a timer during the day - seriously?

location, comfort, friendliness of staff

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Nice friendly staff but rooms a real miss!!
    • King Room with Refrigerator and Microwave - Non-Smoking

The musty room smell overwhelmed one, which radiated from the closet. Hence, couldn't use closet. There was also tiny bugs in the room within the bathroom and along the baseboards near the windows. Rooms dated and need remodelling.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Could have stayed longer
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were extra comfy. The linens were clean and the staff friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The hotel is safe and the grounds are well maintained. The location of the hotel is within walking didtance to Broward mall.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The best. I will return.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could see some improvements especially with me not eating meat products. The eggs had bacon in it to which I couldn't consume.

The staff was courteous,they went beyond especially Max and Ethan who accommodated us with drop offs. The kitchen staff she was a rock

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

clean friendly environment loved it
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was my second stay and on both occasion the air condition unit leaked water and the carpet was soaked

The beds were comfortable and we love the cookies that were baked every evening

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Enjoyable stay in a pleasing environment

The breakfast was good and varied but could include a vegetarian items including almond or soya milk. Our flight was early in the morning and had to take taxi as the shuttle service was unavailable.

The staff were friendly, bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, location was good with mall about 3 mins walk from the hotel and easy bus service from mall to sawgrass mills

Our overall stay was good, our overall expectations were met.

The bed was comfortable

Very clean, good breakfast and the staff was very friendly

Very clean, good breakfast and the staff was very friendly

Great accommodation and helpful staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great staff, shuttle to cruise line, great shopping and restaurants all within walking distance.

Very good value for the money

l

Very nice place

Within walking distance of shopping

Gr8 hotel.

Safe, great location, clean

Excellent stay. Will book again.

Missed shower gel in the bathroom

Complimentary water bottles, Snack pack for travelling, very friendly personnel

Convenient location for my teenage granddaughters to visit me. They were impressed with hotel.

Nothing I didn’t like.

Updated interior & curb appeal, lovely pool area with privacy landscape.

Sienna was awesome, shuttle service

Sienna was awesome, shuttle service

Fabulous!

na

everything. Pool very nice

Fantastic willl stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful friendly .the buffet was delicious..pillows and mattress was exceptional..10 plus

Gary

Overpriced

Comfort

The front desk staff awesome cannot remember name blonde...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff awesome cannot remember name blonde hair and reddish thx a million ladies from room #329

Not a great value for the price and breakfast quality was mediocre
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room size, carpet texture lighting layout and access to switch

Bathroom was quite clean

NOTHING everything was perfect

NOTHING everything was perfect

The breakfast was wholesome, the property itself clean and...

The breakfast was wholesome, the property itself clean and decent and the location is awesome, near to lots of shops.

Location and serves

Location and serves

Staff was exceptional. Pleased with my stay

Coffee was great.

Good stay

Breakfast wasn't ready until almost 6:30 the day I stayed

Hey clean, comfortable

There was nothing I didn’t like

Excelent place.

Excelent place. Clean and confortable

enjoyed our stay

Breakfast as good. Oatmeal was great.

Pleasant and comfortable.

No room service even though facility description on booking.com stated there was.

Breakfast assortment great! Convinient location.

Very peaceful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were friendly and very efficient no issues at all during our stay felt like we were in the comfort of our own home

Pleasant

Clean and friendly

Easy access.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paper cups/plates and plastic cutlery.

Easy access. Very spacious room. Unbeatable location with easy parking.

Great value and clean!

Great value, clean rooms, airport and cruise shuttle, walking distance to shopping/eateries. Perfect overnighter before we cruised!

Pleased and would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast was a little on the lacking side. Lack of a variety of fresh fruit especially. Overall, though , it was good.

Comfortable
    • King Room with Refrigerator and Microwave - Non-Smoking

Confusion of shuttle pick up/ drop off

Quiet and clean

Ok nothing fancy
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

Pillows,noise,curtain didnt cover whole window

Nice location near small mall and highways

Last minute, spur of the moment decision to stay in town.

I asked for a quiet room and was placed on the highest floor away from others. It was exactly what I had hoped it would be.

Clean, satisfactory for just spending the night.

Breakfast was limited, very few healthy choices.

It's a good hotel, inexpensive but with all basics.