Reviews of Hampton Inn Gainesville 3 stars

4225 Southwest 40th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA

#15 of 39 hotels in Gainesville

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Not the best choice in the area.

Automatic bifolding doors (entry) were annoying. Hotel had a general appearance of neglect (compared to other Hampton Inn hotel’s I’ve stayed in). Temperature in hallway and elevator were too warm, which the staff was quick to point out during check-in. Breakfast was not ready at 6:00am. Cooks opened the breakfast lounge between 6:05-6:10am.

Room was clean, room service staff left note and mints on night stand. TV was great (size and picture). Breakfast food was good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

WE HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED STAYING AT THE HAMPTON INNS THEY ARE COMFORTABLE AND CLEAN

Beds are comfortable room was clean and bathroom was large and clean We didn't have much for breakfast at the hotel because we were in a hurry but the coffee is always GOOD

Other then above issue, staff was apologetic and remedied the situation.

Toilet overflowed onto floor (not from our doing), when I was putting towels on the floor to absorb the water I noticed a pair of underwear from a previous guest on bottom shelf below sink (mode you there were only shelves, not doors or drawers. 🤢

Appearance of room was like new, staff was helpful and breakfast was great.

Overall the stay was peaceful
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

I didn't like how loud the jacuzzi tub was and the jets didn't have how much pressure just alot of noise for nothing

I liked how roomy the room was.

It was perfect

Not a thing.

Everything was perfect.... the staff, the bed and breakfast !!! We always try to stay at a Hampton as we find them the best at doing everything they can to please guests.

Good.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

we showed up at 3pm to check-in and they said the rooms were not ready yet, even though check-in time was 3pm. we were told to come back. Also, no point for honors members can be used since res was through booking.

i liked the layout of the room we had

First of all or key didn’t work so I had to go back...

First of all or key didn’t work so I had to go back downstairs to get new room keys. Our room 315 toilet was stopping up and water was going over the bathroom floor. I stopped and told a staff and she told me to call downstairs to front counter I reported it nothing was did. the television wouldn’t stay on I don’t think I would be staying there again for that price with all those problems

Great staff, clean, great breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

My only complaint is the mattress. Not comfy at all. Other than that, great stay! Can always count on Hampton to be friendly and clean!

Great staff, clean, great breakfast... as always with Hampton!

It exceeded my expectation and I would visit again.

That I had to leave so fast!!! 😢

Everything was awesome!!!!!!! Service excellent!! The girl at the front desk was nice, friendly and with a great attitude. The cleaning lady (sorry...didn’t get her name) switched my towels in the hallway when I stopped her to ask if she can give me towels and I gave her the used ones. Towels were very clean. The breakfast was good. Waffles awesomeeeeee!!!! The hotel was peaceful,super clean and pretty. overall I slept great!! And had a super awesome stay. My little gorl loved it too. I would visit again!!! And recommend this hotel.

Could have been much better, usually is.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

There was a group of teenagers next door to us that kept us awake until almost 4am. The hotel staff was not helpful in dealing with them. The staff had no idea which rooms the chaperones were in, so they couldn’t contact anyone to deal with the noise. Also, since the front desk hostesss didn’t pick up the phone the second time we called. My husband had to go downstairs and get her to accompany him upstairs to deal with the kids in the hall. Usually, I love this place. It was not so good this time. Suggestion - when groups come in with minors, the front desk staff should have a list of the chaperones and in which rooms they are staying in case there is a problem of any kind. Minors also shouldn’t be in rooms without chaperones.

We’ve stayed in this hotel several times and it’s quite nice. We stayed in a king suite, which is a real suite with 2 rooms, living room and bedroom. Perfect!

Good except no handicapped. Breakfast fair.

Did not get handicapped room here either. Front desk person at least got us near elevator for walking purposes. Had bathroom issues due to not handicapped.again told should not go thru 3rd party service.

Great staff. Fabulous bed very comfortable.

It was a nice clean room. Staff courteous and friendly.

Food could have been warmer. Not enough selections.

The eggs were not very flavorful, the potatoes cold. Ran out of waffle mix at 9:30 and was not replaced. OK breakfast, but not great.

Can't go wrong here!

Breakfast could have been a bit better, but most hotels now serve with paper and plastic.. I geuss you have to pay 5 star for real utensils and coffee cups.

Clean, comforatable room. Nice bed. Very good receptionist, April, always had a friendly smile. Warm cookies in the evening a nice touch.

Was locked into a room rate I could not cancel otherwise I would of canceled and stayed elsewhere

The price was expensive the gym is a joke and the property needs a major renovation

The room was remodeled recently however the room rate was ridiculously expensive for a hotel his old in this location. Will never book here again

Overall a very nice stay!

Outside looked alittle run down

The staff was excellent. Very helpful and friendly. Breakfast including coffee was excellent. Loved the fact that coffee was available all day.

Overall ok but should have received something special, coupon, credit for the room when I mentioned

Received room where carpet was pulled off floor for replacement. Unless they were totally full, should not have been given one of those rooms on 4th floor at the end (appt 6-8 rooms)

Typical Hampton inn, friendly staff

location was poor as it was at the end of what appears to be...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

location was poor as it was at the end of what appears to be a service road. Lots of construction so at times made it difficult to enter. At night there were buses parked up and down the road. The hotel may need some updating. Room was nice and clean, and most of the front desk employees were nice to speak with.

Overall everything was wonderful. We will definitely be back.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

The fridge in our room didn't ever really get cold, so I ended up with insulin that I had to throw away. At breakfast the only meat they offered was the nasty ham like what you get on an egg McMuffin from McDonald's. They could have had another option like sausage or bacon. The coffee at the service desk was stone cold when we arrived at 6pm.

The jet tub in our room was absolutely amazing! My kids loved the complementary cookies at the front desk. Waffles at breakfast were to die for. The staff was extremely helpful. Our car had broken down and we needed a tow and they were just wonderful in helping us out.

Not bad but definitely not worth the price we paid.

Construction on the outside felt it was necessary to utilize all the parking in front of the hotel for their equipment, and make the customers improvise on the limited parking. The breakfast was weak, the seating was even weaker.

interior was nice. Staff was friendly.

Large room with plus-size mini fridge, super comfortable bed...

Exterior appeared shabby due to renovations in process, but those due to be completed by first week of August.

Large room with plus-size mini fridge, super comfortable bed, and wonderful soft water from shower.

Dissatisfying
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

The property was being renovated and was quite noisy starting very early in the morning. The pool was terribly dirty and small. I paid for a suite that was very average. The jets in the tub were broken, as was the spout to the tub. Some of the doors that required key cards were broken. I wish I could get a refund.

The breakfast was the only good part of my stay. Very diverse and fresh.

Would not pay this amount to stay here again

Price to stay at this Hampton Inn was way to much for the condition of this property. I was told they were remodeling. Not a pleasant site when you pull up in parking lot. Was raining so got soaking wet trying to unload since all of the awning had disappeared. The condition of the pool chairs were terrible literately scared to sit in them if so you would go straight through them.

Free cookies at night

Great place to stay. We visited UF, it was only 10 minutes away.

Bed a bit firm for me, but I like soft as possible. Staff very friendly. Coffee excellent! Checked us in early too. Quiet even though close to highway. Tons of restaurants nearby.

Could not fault this hotel

Staff were very welcoming and very professional they treated all their customers with a smile and open arms. Could not do enough for us. The cookies they make in the evening from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm were just amazing. This was a wonderful touch. Thank you to all the staff for a great warm welcome we will stay again.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great Stay!

My room key card didn't work twice. Had to go to the front desk to activate my card again. I hope they can improve there key card system.

The food and great customer service

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Hampton Inn Gainesville thanks for a great overnight stay.

The television in the room had no signal when I turned it on so I called the front desk. The attendant said it was brand new and hadn't been programmed, but he could come up and take care of it for me( it was 1:30am that's ok) so I said I might be able to do it myself if he talked me through it, I tried it told the attendant thank you turned the tv off and went to bed. I'm glad the hotel upgraded the tvs but maybe next time endure they are all working properly. Other than that I'll book again

The room was clean and comfortable,

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Size of bed - not many hotels offer dual queen size anymore.

Price was a little high for me, but I had little choice in the area.

Size of bed - not many hotels offer dual queen size anymore. For adults, queen size is very nice. Great breakfast too.

Great hotel - great location!

breakfast was better than most hotels. About the same stuff was offered, but was better quality. Also, was very pleased that they were able to fulfill my request for a roll-away bed.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

We left our coats in the room and the front desk staff said...
    • King Room - Exterior Entrance/Non-Smoking

We left our coats in the room and the front desk staff said they were not in the lost and found and made little effort to find them. I found a cleaning lady who contacted the lady who cleaned our room whosaid she gave it to the lost and found. The manager who had told us they weren't there was pressed to look again and found them. Very unsatisfactory!! also the bed was awful! We woke up sore from lousy mattress.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great stay!!

Everything great! Just needs a small convenience store. Only had vending machines that did not accept credit cards.

The mattress and pillows were heavenly!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

won't be back!!

I would not stay here again; walls paper thin. I heard people in the next room, in the hallway. I wear earplugs to sleep and still heard the noise. Absolutely terrible; could not sleep!

clean, comfy, staff nice and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

They are replacing the beds this week.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

They need new air conditioners as those are old and smell foul and are loud. Factory breakfast

They are replacing the beds this week. There were only boiled eggs and those pre made omelettes.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Overall it was nice, except the noise sipping thru from room entrance door.

I didn't like the water pressure, the pillows and the fact that any sound from outside the room, like next room's radio could be heard.

I liked the cleanliness and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Bad experience during hurricane

We booked our room online in a pet friendly place it said then when we checked in we carried our 15 yr old cat declawed to our room. They didn't say anything.we were offered room with our pet. When my hubby went to get the litter box they stopped him n said we r not pet friendly he said we booked our room as pet friendly. He said we will have to leave. Man behind desk said just go ahead we will work it out. They never said anymore but when we woke up next morning n we had a charge of 150 for cat. I tried to tell them we booked it n they knew. We are 79 yrs old n don't have that kind of money. We had to use our grocery money to pay our 500 bill. We will never stay at the Hampton Innand I believe you gouged our prices. I talked to the mgr but she didn't help us.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Clean, quiet and delicious cookies.

The staff were helpful and always wearing a smile! Directions to local restaurants with a map AND a discount !! The cookies when we came back from dinner were delicious and smelled like home. Recently joined Hilton Honors and Hampton Inn is our first choice now.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Everything!

Everything!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Traveled with friends. Good time going breakfast

All good

comfort

price

comfort good location

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Check in time 3 pm but room not ready, had to wait for room to be cleaned for almost an hour.

Convenience of location right off major interstate and lots...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Slowness and poor performance of check in staff.

Convenience of location right off major interstate and lots of restaurants close by.

Great staff, great location, very clean.

Noisy AC unit.

Great staff, great location, very clean.

We left in the morning and came back at night so we cannot add much regarding the daily life at the

I am a light sleeper and the ac unit did not help.

Rooms were clean, apart from the ac being a bit loud everything else was ok.

Very nice action with nice staff!

Rooms were a little on the warm side!

Very nice action with nice staff!

Good value

AIr Condotioner in room wasn’t great

Good value

Covenience

Covenience

Overall it was fair
    • King Room - Exterior Entrance/Non-Smoking

Dirty towels hanging behind door. Dirty washcloth hanging in bathroom hook. Bed sheet had Blood stain

There was no batter for the waffle maker.
    • King Room - Exterior Entrance/Non-Smoking

There was no batter for the waffle maker.

Everything was up to par except price was extremely high because of university graduation

Clean and up to date

Breakfast was terrible.

Breakfast was terrible.

Not the value u get for your money

Poorly maintained hotel facilities Breakfast quality very poor

Coffee available all the time Cucumber water

Conveniently close to the highway.

Conveniently close to the highway.

Beer party at checkin

Beer party at checkin

TOO exspensive will stay at sleep inn in the future

Sleep Inn across the street equal quality $ 60 less

It was a great stay for an overnight.

The hallways were very small. We coul dnt check in early.

The breakfast was one of the best. The beds were comfy.

Overall Very good

Crack in bathroom ceiling where 2 ceiling tiles didn’t come completely together

Nice pillows and bathroom very clean.

Our stay was very satisfactory.

Nice breakfast choices. Location was a plus for us.

Loved the breakfast waffles.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

Loved the breakfast waffles.

loss of power.

loss of power. elevators out in morning. had to carry luggage down from 4th floor.

The air conditioner is very noisy

The air conditioner is very noisy

Great stay, will always recommend this place!

Friendly staff, very clean and comfy!

We stayed there for a night.

N/a

We stayed there for a night. Just perfect for a short stay.

Room was expensive.

Room was expensive.

Asked for room away from elevator and request was granted.

I would stay again!

Limited/insufficient parking. View of roof under construction.

Coffee/tea, fruit infused water, cookies, pool, linens, great staff

Fast check in and out with everyone being friendly and helpful.

Everyone was very friendly. Very clean! It was what I would expect at a Hampton.

Would gladly return!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath

Very nice room - one of the cleanest & best layout I've been in. Great staff!

Parts under reconstruction

Construction everywhere and horrible parking.

Room was clean

Location was convenient to visit with our son who lives in...

There was construction noise even on Saturday morning.

Location was convenient to visit with our son who lives in Gainesville.

One night in Gainesville

Minor inconvenience with construction on site. Unavoidable when it's time

Room was very nice, location was excellent

The breakfast was not up to par with other Hampton Inns we have stayed. And, too much construction going on.

My stay was good. Tried to book a second stay but price changed.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Nothing everything was Good!

We enjoyed breakfast as well. And the cookies were yummy!!!!!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017