Reviews of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Germantown 2 stars

20260 Goldenrod Lane, Germantown, MD 20876, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Germantown

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was convenient for a meeting held at Montgomery College for one night.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access Hearing Impaired-Accessible

Breakfast could've been better. Omelet container was watery. Not much variety. Get bigger glasses for juice- I need more than two sips worth...

My bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We stayed 6 days and it was a very pleasant experience
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We were with a wedding party that included the brides grandmother & disabled grandfather. The hotel provided a wheelchair for them to use which was much appreciated. The only thing I would have changed was that the room that they were given was too small to even store the wheelchair when it was folded. Also, the bathroom was really too small to be good for helping a disabled person. I think the hotel needs to have a couple of rooms that would be good for the disabled.

Everything as expected.

As a European I can not get used to eating breakfast using plastic dishes and cutlery and creating a huge pile of rubbish every morning. But this is common to many hotels in the US. My booking was actually lost. As I read in the comments here, this has happened before. Luckily, when I arrived, there was still vacancy. The hotel was great to give me the same rate.

Everything as expected. Good Wifi.

It was very disappointing.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very poor selection of food or drink was available — only microwave dinners and no wine or beer available after midnight. I got in late tired and hungry and was dismayed by the poor quality of the food and drink available. Clients should be cautioned before they book that the food service is poor.

Nice rooms, disappointing breakfast

I stayed there mainly for their breakfast. Their pancake machine didn't work. They an out of milk and other things. Talking to one guest who stays their frequently with tour groups, this is not out of the ordinary for them.

Decent Room Comfortable bed and pillows

I give it a 4.7 out of 5 stars.

The room could have used a light above the mirror. There needs to be more parking spaces. The laundry room could use more machines.

The staff gave us a booklet of close restaurants and items available for room service. There was a laundry room. The complimentary breakfast included trays to carry food. The pillows were stenciled whether they were soft or firm. There were two conferences going on and we heard nothing. Close to restaurants and shopping in either direction.

Very nice & comfortable.

Can't say a thing we didn't like.

We were only there one night but everything was great. Breakfast was good & everything was replenish & very clean. All the staff was very kind & courteous.

Location to Maryland Soccer complex for tournament
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Weekend breakfast needs to start earlier. Every person in the over sold hotel was trying to go to 8am games at Maryland Soccer Complex. They run tourneys virtually every week. If weekend breakfast started at 6am the youth athletes with morning games could eat before they start the long days of competition. At a minimum the local hotel should coordinate with tourney organization or Montgomery tourism since they both know the schedules. Also, Friday afternoon of a tourney weekend needs more than one check in person working between 2-6pm when the hotel line to check in was out the door. Seriously!

Location to Maryland Soccer complex for tournament

Great stay, would be happy to stay again!

The breakfast had a decent selection but the hot foods (eggs, bacon etc.) left a bit to be desired.

The bed and pillows were extra comfy! The front desk staff was wonderful.

Motel was a very good choice.

See above.

Motel was great; Booking.com was not. When we arrived, the motel had not received our reservation from Booking.com, so we had to wait about 30 min. for Booking to confirm. Will not use them again; will bontact motel directly!

Quiet, Convenient and Ready to Please.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

As Senior Citizens it would have been nice to get a better price to encourage us o want to stay again while visiting family there.

The Front desk staff, Specifically "Samantha" went out of her way to be sure a couple of very tired travelers were well accommodated upon arrival and during our stay.

Very comfortable, warm, and friendly.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The young lady working the front desk at arrival and departure was very helpful and friendly. She made us feel welcome, and made a good first and last impression of your hotel.

It was ok, not great for the money spent. Would not stay again
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Beds way too soft. Bathroom very tight, but nice there was a shower door rather than curtain. Also breakfast attendants were so close and in the way every few minutes, yet they seemed put-off when items ran out.

Breakfast good. Hotel clean

• Room Selected at Check-In

My room didn’t have heat so I called the front desk the maintenance men came up and could fix. So instead of moving me to other room they gave me 2 blankets.

The breakfast

Clean and comfortable with a reasonable selection of breakfast options included

Very little parking and signs posted regarding car break ins or hotel theft liability would lead me to believe the area may not be the safest or most secure.

Room was comfortable and clean

Very nice Hotel!

The free breakfast ended at 9 am. We didn't return from our event until after 1 am. We missed the free breakfast.

Very clean, bed very comfortable.

We got upgraded to a king suite and the staff and...

We got upgraded to a king suite and the staff and accommodations were wonderful. Although it was very busy when we checked in, the lady at check in was extremely thorough and polite.

I want a free room night at this hotel in September
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I was VERY upset. When I checked in I knew that I was only going to need one of the rooms for 1 night and not 2 and was told by the manager that checked us in that we could just let them know that we only wanted the one room for the 1 night. I called down to the desk to say which room we wanted to keep and which one we only needed for one night and was then told that because we had used booking.com we had to cancel that 2nd night with you. I called booking.com and was told that it was too late to cancel the 2nd night so we only used 1 room the second day yet I had to pay 120.00 for a room we weren't using. Frankly I want a free nights stay! We will be returning in September.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Okay stay
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

1. Pool - Interestingly, the pool is closed during PRIME pool time (middle of the day when folks would want to lay out, or sit and read book or do online work). Further, folks with kids often choose hotel based on whether there is a pool or not, because it is such a delight to be able to go to the pool for some hours during the day and have the kids play. But as the pool hours are closed between 11 am and 4 pm (again, prime pool hours), it leaves this big void in the day. 2. I understand that if the hotel is full, it is difficult or impractical to give late check-outs to guests. But for returning guests (and those who are IHG members) when told that the hotel is full... and one hardly sees any cars in the lot or people in the building... it is tough to accept that a couple hours of a late check out could not have been granted. 3. Breakfast is available until 9 am - It would nice if t could be a little later.

Its a fine place... clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Very short stay - late arrival after midnight and early...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

My room location was right next to the elevator. I had never seen a room in that location. Fortunately I was so tired it didn't bother me.

Very short stay - late arrival after midnight and early departure. Desk staff at 1 am was very nice and the check in process was quick. The hotel did a great job at breakfast with a large volume of guests - 2 buses of HS students were staying at the hotel. Overall good.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Call specific property couple days ahead to assure not placed near stairwell.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Booking months early on line and being placed near an emergency stairwell which was used by school aged kids!

Easy access to highway and selection of convenience items.

Excellent bed, good selection of pillows.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Elevators weren't particularly clean.

Excellent bed, good selection of pillows. Staff friendly and accommodating. Very tasty egg white omelets at breakfast!

Our room could have used a freshening. There were spots on the ceiling that appeared to be from a previous water problem. The decor is dated.

Location was great - close to highway and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Fair stay
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Fitness room has broken equipment (treadmill and bike), which, I was told by someone who stayed there before, has been broken for quite some time!

Breakfast was nice. Staff was courteous.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Nice place for a short stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Tight space in bathroom. Television kept going in and out.

Clean. Comfortable beds. Good breakfast. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Good wi-fi connection.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

it's was all as I spected, it was so clean neat and...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

nothing, above myy eye level was more than perfect

it's was all as I spected, it was so clean neat and lobby was so espectacular design, that I wanted to stay there with my wife, it's very cosy.

Beautiful place to go and stay!!!

I can't really say I didn't like it just would have liked to have had room service and breakfast longer than 9 o'clock,

The place is very beautiful it's inviting it's warm the staff is friendly and very helpful. And I love the fact that they have a nice little convenience store in there.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Beds were really nice and soft.

Bookkeeping was horrible. My bill was $212.44, which they took out of my bank account. That was okay, but they also took "authorizations", I presume, which they also took out of my bank account. This was another $189 which also disappeared from my checking. Two days later, it still has not been returned. This is real money, and I am extremely angry about it. When I was in business several years ago, I figured out how to get an authorization without holding up their checking account. Holiday Inn has had enough years experience that they should know how to do it also. ANGRY!

Beds were really nice and soft.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

CLEAN, FRIENDLY, BEST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS

The only downside during our stay was that out of the 2 elevators, 1 was out of service during the Thanksgiving holiday. It was a little crowded during certain times of the day. When we were leaving, we had the cart that carried our belongings and we needed to let 2 elevators filled with people go before we could get on.

The staff was incredibly nice and very helpful. Great price for the money. Close to the new Clarksburg outlets that just opened. The hotel is very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Great value!

One of the queen beds in my room was too soft.

Great location, accommodations and nice free breakfast.I really appreciated the late weekend breakfast and check-out.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Will stay there again when visiting family.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very nice breakfast. Despite a very busy lobby with lots of teen groups, our hallway was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Great service and room was clean.

The breakfast

Breakfast was not that great

Would recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

It would be nice if the breakfast hours were longer.

Bathroom separate from the rest of the room. Everything was clean too.

Location, price, size, food, accessibility, comfort.

Can't think of anything, other than would like to have had a restaurant on site.

Location, price, size, food, accessibility, comfort...

Excellent room for the price!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Spacious, clean and well appointed rooms. Staff was congenial and helpful. Easy choice for work-related travel, close to restaurants.

It was great
    • King Room - Disability Access Hearing Impaired-Accessible

shuttle to and from the airport Alease once a day

The staff was really helpful and polite

The whole staff were pleasant.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Somebody smoking outside at the front door

The whole staff were pleasant.

Quite

Cant think of anything

Staff great

AwesomeSauce!!!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Excellent hotel & service!

Very relaxing after a stressful day

Don’t change anything

The breakfast was especially good

Very clean, comfortable hotel! Breakfast was delicious. Rooms where clean

Bathroom was small, when traveling with little children it was cramped

Breakfast selection was awesome! Beds where super comfy

The beds were so comfy. I know we will always try to stay at a holiday Inn express.

They staff was extremely helpful.

Thank you.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

All was super good thanks.

Satisfied

The rudeness of guests who were from another country.

The room was comfortable and the breakfast was good.

Everything else with the property was great.

It wasn't in walking distance to a store. However, I could have done better research.

Everything else with the property was great.

Clean spacious room

Clean spacious room

Great customer service.

Great customer service.

Great value

Bathroom was a little cramped

Clean, quiet, helpful staff

We enjoyed the staff friendiness

We enjoyed the staff friendiness

I like the cleanliness and friendly staff.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I like the cleanliness and friendly staff. I like the location away from the traffic so my husband & I can walk.

Comfortable

All was good

Great place to stay. We stay here a couple times a year when we come to visit our Daughter

Wonderful!

FRiendly staff, comfy beds, clean rooms, and great eggs!

Wonderful

Pretty good!

Bathroom, perfect environment

Beds were very comfortable
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Ice machines not on every floor

Beds were very comfortable

Great cust.

Great cust.service

It was clean, staff was very courteous

It was clean, staff was very courteous

Would gladly stay there again
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Stay to short to see anything wrong

I liked just about everything. O ly wish my stay was longer

Everything was good

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed and great breakfast!

I only stated for one night (funeral)...I was quite comfy!

I only stated for one night (funeral)...I was quite comfy!

Very nice
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Location, friendly professional staff, clean, quiet

Awesome

The eggs were not very good

The staff the room and location we're great.

GROWN & SEXY NIGHT

Walls , ceilings are to then 😂 You could hear everyone getting sexed down.🙃

Everything was picture PERFECT

If we are in the area again, definitely book with you again.

NA

The bed and pillows were a dream. I really liked the lighting inside the closet.

will come back again

none

friendly and helpful staff

The staff was very friendly

The bed, very comfortable

The only inconvenience is that the shuttle didn't run on...

The only inconvenience is that the shuttle didn't run on weekends. Other than that, it was wonderful.

Lovely place away from home

Home will love to come back for a long stay

I love the place did not wonna go back

Very nice and Friendly staff

Aesthetically pleasing atmosphere and very affordable
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Needs more parking and a restaurant on-site

Aesthetically pleasing atmosphere and very affordable

Overall very nice.

Breakfast was not so great. Eggs seemed manufactured. Did not have jelly.

Clean room and the hotel was well kept