Reviews of Hampton Inn Grand Rapids/North 3 stars

500 Center Drive Northwest, Grand Rapids, MI 49544, USA

#19 of 33 hotels in Grand Rapids

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The communication with the staff could have been a little better. They had a hard time finding our reservation from booking.com, and did not provide a receipt at the end of the visit.

Great indoor pool, very warm and large. The room was large, lots of space for all of the stuff, bathroom looked to be recently updated. Great breakfast in the morning.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was really happy with my stay. No refrigerator in room though means a couple trips to the ice machine if you want to keep things cold.

The property has been recently renovated so looks very nice now that the updates are completed. The pool was nice and warm and the breakfast options were pretty extensive. I found the staff to be very helpful during the entirety of my stay.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast bar was average. Waffle maker was out of order, egg dish and fruit needed refilling. The service person was friendly and apologized for the inconvenience.

The newly remodeled room was quiet And very well appointed. We loved the desk/closet location. Thank you for the amazing upgrades to provide welcoming and warmth.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff (both at check in & check out) were less than friendly. No smiles, no welcomes or have a good day. Another guest needed help with the waffle maker & the front desk girl was less than excited to help him. The hot breakfast was not good at all. The cold breakfast items were decent.

The room was clean - although no where to put my toiletries in the bathroom. Little to no counter space at all in the King room.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room did not have the amenities that were shown on the booking (hot tub in the room). When I discussed this with the staff at the front desk- the customer service sucked. Essentially we paid way more for a room with less amenities than rooms at nearby hotels. Couldn't cancel because of booking rules. Then, several light bulbs were burned out in our room. We found a used bar of soap in the shower. We're not impressed and won't ever go back.

We liked breakfast. As far as our room goes it was spacious and the bed was comfortable.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was fair. The eggs were cold and several of the selections were out. The waffle maker was not in good repair.

The room was well designed and a pleasure to stay in.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room I stayed in was not the room I booked . The room I ended up in had no fridge or microwave . The room I saw online in the photo's did have a fridge and microwave .

It was located in an area close to everything . The staff said hello anytime they saw me . Breakfast was very good on Sunday . It was ok on Saturday .

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They didn’t update there rooms on booking. The room I got was supposed to have a spa tub. It didn’t because they just renovated but that wasn’t listed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was a warm 72 degrees when we arrived. We turned it down to 65 for the night, but by morning it had only gone down to 71 when we arose at 5 AM. Hope that can be corrected for those who like a cool room at night.

Our room was clean and well organized. Beds were comfortable and the shower was strong. I was pleased to find ham and cheese omelets available at breakfast. And the free "snack bags to go" at the front desk were very helpful for our long day at the hospital.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that they didn't have vending machines on each floor.

Breakfast was excellent, room was clean but they did not vacuum up the peanuts I dropped from the night before.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in the room to keep drinks and take-out cold. Plenty of room for a small refrigerator.

Rooms were recently re-done. Bathroom was large and clean. Beds were comfortable.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Had to wait 20 min at front desk so I had to actually call the front office before someone would come out to check me in!

Room was clean, bed was very comfortable!

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

walk in shower glass doors - don't think the insides were ever cleaned. Grossed out to the MAX just seeing it. Made me wonder how clean the jacuzzi tub was (no, did not go in). Only item I ear for breakfast is oatmeal - oatmeal pot lid was broken, had to find a spot to lay it down (health issue?). Oatmeal was watery and cold. Reheated for 2 minutes in microware before eating.

Room was very nice, location was excellent

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Through you we where quoted 179.00 first night The 2nd and third night we were quoted 99.00. We were charged 179 the 1st and 2 no night. 99 on the third night.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The comforter on the bed was a little too heavy for us, especially during the summer months. The texture of the blankets were rough and uncomfortable.

I enjoyed having a spa tub in the room.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit too hard. Not like most Hamptons. We usully stay at Hamptons because the beds are very soft so this was a surprise.

Liked the lobby. Comfortable atmosphere for lounging.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were way too soft for me.

Staff was Very helpful and friendly. Very clean. Loved that it was so close to lots of restaurants and a movie theater.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I loved everything I didn't like that I had tonsillitis and could get really ienjoy myself

I liked the warm welcome that I got on arrival. When I woke up out of my self because I couldn't sleep from being in so much pain at 4am, their was a staff member there to help me I thank god for him I sleep so good after I received some over the counter meds.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping staff came to my room and took my beer that was on ice in the bathtub and then proceeded to leave without making either of the beds. When I asked for the beds to be made later that day I was told at the front desk that the cleaning crew had left for the day. At least if you are going to steal my beer...please make my beds.

I was offered a $20 discount for my stolen beer and the fact that my beds were not made.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The front desk worker, Nequa was amazing. She was so professional and welcoming. I hope she moves up on the company because she is a great asset to the hotel. My sister and I stayed last weekend and it was the best hotel experience we have had. The room was amazing and staff was extremely friendly.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I requested a late wake up and housekeeping walked in the room without even knocking and my boyfriend was using the bathroom, with the door open, he had to raise his voice so she didnt continue to walk all the way in the room. I was still in bed as we both work 60+ hrs a week and needed to not be disturbed, that is why we asked for the late wake up call.. Also, i had no place to park at the hotel when we returned from our event that we traveled there for. For 212.00 a night, i should have had a place to park near the hotel, we had to park next door and carry our stuff rather far. I was not completely satisfied with my stay at the Hampton inn & suites. Upon arrival the young lady that checked us in, asked me questions and didn't want to hear an answer, she cut me off more than once while talking and snatched my credit card and id out of my hand like she was in a hurry to get us out of her way. We were the only couple in the lobby.

The bed was so comfortable and the pillows were exceptionally, comfortable as well..

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing that I would like to see is an on-site ATM machine I never carry cash these days and would have loved to get something from the vending machines for my children without having to go outside of Hotel the for cash.

It's our spring break vacation spot for five years running it's a very very warm inviting environment the people and staff are always so kind and very helpful the breakfast buffet is always in abundance so many delicious choices my children just love it we couldn't ask for a more inviting place. Will be there again same time next year!!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping woke us up one morning - they thought we had checked out. Also housekeeping missed taking care of our room one day

Location was good for what I needed

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room is great, nice windows and view of sunrise. I like the way the hiotel leaves fruit out in a bowl for snacks during the day, and cookies at night. There is always coffee and hot chocolate available too.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

bed was not made morning of 1st night stayed! needed a complete cleaning of bathroom floors & behind furniture!

Great breakfast staff was very friendly & helpful of anything we needed

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Refrigerators are not standard in the rooms. We were traveling with food and this was a pretty big inconvenience. We did happen to get the last mini fridge available, but other family members were not able to have one.

The room was great. We enjoyed using the indoor pool. Location was perfect. Close to everything we needed and the staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No fridge or microwave in the room. I had to fill The sink with ice and put my drinks in the sink. The pool and spa area was old and the ceiling was stained and cracked.

The bed was wonderful. The bathroom was huge!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had the jacuzzi tub in our king suite, which was perfect for our anniversary weekend. We had an enjoyable stay and the hotel staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough room for parking :( I had to park at another hotel parking lot

Everything was great! staff was friendly, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast! Very good variety including fruit, well stocked entire breakfast time. Great location also, convenient to shopping, restaurants, movie theater.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No exhaust fan in bathroom, but if that is the worst thing.. We are doing great!!

Anna was at the front desk. She has a wonderful personality. It was fantastic to start with laughter.. She helped us with directions and suggestions.. As an employer myself, I note she is a quality employee!!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The shower.

This hotel exceeded our expectations! It was extremely clean, modern, and large enough. Shopping, gas, and food were close. If we are ever in the area again, this place is a must!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

I booked 5 rooms for family under my name initially and then each room under the specific persons name. The front desk every time could not find the reservation for each person. It caused a significant delay with checking in and much frustration.

Room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The tub in the bathroom looks to have been repaired and you can tell the caulk job is not that good, it is split! You can definitely tell the carpet needs to be cleaned!! Was a slight odor. Also, why put clean towels on vanity next to toilet?!?!?!?

The employees are helpful and friendly!!! We asked about the refrigerator that we requested originally with our registration that was not in the room and the gentlemen arrived within 5 minutes with the refrigerator!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had too get 25 different keys made for the room. They called maintenance 3 times and still failed to fix the problem. Ordered a refrigerator and never had one. Plus the pool was closed for half of our stay.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Location tucked back behind commercial and retail businesses. Breakfast was nothing "to crow about." Artificial scrambled eggs and under cooked breakfast meats - yuk.

Comfortable bed ... room and bathroom were well laid out, to provide roominess.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The Tub did not drain out. So only one of us were able to take a shower. The doors closing in the hallway were exceptionally loud.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very clean, nice view out my window, bed was nice, loved the soap, quite,

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Kids in the pool were out of control

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was very warm and enjoyable, but I would have liked a hot tub.

great breakfast, seasoned eggs were good. I liked the variety offered.

No hot tub

Room was comfy, spacious, and clean.

The oatmeal and fruit . My whole stay

All good

Good location clean comfortable

Na

We didn't have the breakfast

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff told us there were renovations. They placed us in a newly renovated, large room. It was very nice!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was a little disappointed with the channels available on the tv.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of breakfast options, food was not super hot

Friendly Staff - very helpful

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable, and breakfast was great! The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay again!

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room could have been cleaner; used toilet paper roll, empty lotion, juice in the fridge, mystery stains on couch, pillow, and wall

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

All the mirrors around the tub.

Clean, quiet great jacuzzi in room. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was over charged, no microwave no refrigerator. I ask for adjoining rooms and was not accomadated.

The night clerk was very helpful.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was extra large and comfortable, and there were many choices for breakfast.even though it was only 1 night we had a delightful stay.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The handicap room was not good. The handicap bathroom had a fun you had to climb into not a walk in shower.

The breakfast was good.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The carpet in my room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months.

Staff

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sheets had stains on them and weren't even on the bed right

Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful

The room was filthy

Room was dirty, bed quickly made, mirror dirty, and jetted tub had a ring in it

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

All coffee pots were empty at 9;00 in the morning.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Key didn't work when I went back to my room after having breakfast had to go back to the lobby when I was in a hurry to leave.

Stay was fine

Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was located by everything from restaurants to shopping centers and three miles from where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They forgot to clean my room one day

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I needed a fridge for medicine and the staff accommodates

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A little outdated, shower was awful and found a dirty sock at foot of bed on the floor.

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Had to pay for internet

The bed was very comfortable and roomie

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My card was charged a $50.00 hold which I have been informed will be refunded in 3 days. I had pre paid my room a week in advance

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Did not eat there!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Nice room.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Polite and helpful staff, clean, comfortable beds, good location.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Bed was hard

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Room was dark,

Location, extremely friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Tiles in bath area were loose and caulk was messy. Tub was clean. Not enough towels for the spa area.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

WiFi never worked!! Very frustrating. Phone in room also did not work.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was friendly and polite, and did a really good job.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

At checkout, front desk person was on her cell phone. She ended the conversation when we got to the desk, but it was still unprofessional and not very welcoming.

The room was very nice, very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Shower door off rail. Calcium build up on shower glass and mildew on corners. Small shower for such an expensive room. Loose tile next to the spa bathtub. Tile would rock when stepped on. Weird placement of cups/ice bucket in room (bottom shelf of bedside table) didn't find it until the next day--used coffee cups and had no ice.

Easy to find from the highway late at night--GPS was absolutely correct. Friendly staff at check in/out. Good breakfast!

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.