Reviews of Hampton Inn Harbourgate 3 stars

2112 Little River Neck Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29582, USA

#77 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Front desk person was a little cranky and when I asked for a receipt he said I would get one through Booking.com

Very clean. Breakfast area was great and very good food!

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

White Bed linen had a couple of spots! Refrigerator was left open and had water dripping out of it... Which caused the room to smell.

The evening quietness throughout the hotel was nice!

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

First room I was put in bathroom toilet was broke. My daughter went to the bathroom in the lobby and it was also broke.

staff was friendly and helpful

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The rooms was a little small and one of the beds squeaked.

The front desk receptionist Savannah was very nice with a pleasant attitude. Ready to give us information on where to go and the best places to eat. Breakfast was delicious and also enjoyed the heated pool. The grounds,lobby area and the room was very clean.

Enjoyed my stay.

The breakfast was really good. It was hot, fresh and had an excellent selection. The staff servicing the breakfast was very friendly and helpful. Bob was very nice and accommodating. Most important the pictures on the website was not deceiving. Hotel looked just like the pictures.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bedding was very heavy and extremely hot.

The room was clean. Breakfast was good. All of the staff was very friendly. The coffee was great and my favorite French vanilla coffee mate creamer was available.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed

The location was nice. I love that breakfast is included in the stay. My kids had a wonderful time. The inside of the hotel is very nice and clean. I like to fact there is an indoor pool when you are visiting out of season

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Room too crowded. Needs less furniture. Bad sleeping mattress. Breakfast less than stellar. Not a lot of appeal. Rooms were remake with old furniture.

Cookies at desk was best part of stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed for a chemical imbalance and the room was not serviced one day while we were still at breakfast.

Weekend and breakfast staff were outstanding. Breakfast and 24 hour coffee/tea bar were wonderful.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I like a cooler room to sleep in. The air did not keep it cool enough.

Everything was Great Beyond expectations. All Staff were freindly and helpful. Breakfast was great!!

pool was closed

well the place is in a great location to all things we wanted to do but when we got there they told us the pool was closed not a happy person was I we booked there cause they had a inside pool not sure why they could not have done what they needed to do with the pool during the week and not on the weekend when folks are there for pleasure

The ac sucked and drunk soccer mom's at 10 pm were annoying

Waffles were amazing. And the housekeeping was the best. The room was so clean I ate frys that fell on the floor!! Front desk were amazing. I really have nothing bad to say. Definitely worth the price. And amazing location, every thing was right there.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Coffee in room was not resupplied by maid service. Had to go to front desk.

Loved the breakfast. Staff were very friendly. Will consider staying there again.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

It was noisy in the room because of the air conditioner. Breakfast was not to my taste. The eggs appeared to look like a crepe. Kind of rubbery. Sausage didn't look like they had been cooked enough. Sausage gravy was too thin in texture.

The room was clean and had good amount of space. All needs were met in the bathroom with plenty of towels, wash cloths etc.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

We finally settled in the room at about 10:00pm there was a bug on the on the nightstand, we searched the room and found potato chips on the floor and blood stains on the sheet and quilt and the tv was not working. We were moved to another room and in that room the air conditioning was broken and there were raisins on the floor. It is now very late and we are tired and want to go to another hotel but it is too late. The third room was ok.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The breakfast could definitely be better, the food was frozen food that all you have to do is heat and serve nothing was fresh

Pretty much everything, didn't have but one complaint

• Queen Mobility Access with Tub Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The free breakfast was good. Enjoyed the around the clock coffee in the lobby.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Our bedding wasn't changed over the four nights we stayed. Our garbage piled up after the third night and the towels were not changed after our third night. The room smelled musty after the second night.

The breakfast was alright.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed

One day we didn't get coffee in the room, after house keeping came. There was always coffee by the entrance/exit of the hotel though. So it was not a big deal. That was the only "bad" experience.

The breakfast changed every morning. They had biscuits and gravy with sausage patties one day. Another day they had scrambled eggs,potatoes and sausage links. The pool looked nice too. We didn't get a chance to go in. The staff welcomed us and were personable every day.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Very comfortable. Good breakfast. Kids especially enjoyed indoor pool. Always try to get a Hampton wherever we go. In fact, have one scheduled for May 20th in Asheboro NC (N C. Zoo). Need to know if you have one near Carrowinds near Charlotte N C. Thanks for being the number one choice.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

When checking in, the receptionist couldn't find my name. It's a good thing I printed my confirmation. I'm just wondering what would have happened if I didn't have it.

This hotel was very clean. The bed was so comfortable that we didn't get up until after 12pm.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

There was a "spot" on the inside of the shower curtain that shouldn't have been there. Really obvious that the curtain hadn't been changed or cleaned in a while. Too late to report it once you're already in there! Also didn't receive a copy of my bill upon check out, was told I had booked through Booking.com and they would send me a receipt. Haven't gotten it yet. Oh, and the coffee maker leaked all over the desk! Whoops! Left a note for housekeeping...

The room was clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom basically clean. Staff was very nice & courteous. Off the beaten path but easy to find. All in all, really nice place to stay. I will inspect the inside of the shower curtain, before I step in, from now though! Had a mini fridge and microwave in the room, closet, lots of outlets for OUR electronics. I use sleep phones since my husband snores pretty loud, so the outlets and USB ports on the nightstand were very handy to have!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Security, update bathrooms, had problem with room key on 4 different times,when the do not disturb is up and we are not in the cleaning staff should not enter our room.

Pool area, comfortable room, breakfast and happy hour,

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

You did not tell on your site anything about renovation which meant only one entrance small door and no lounge area with nowhere to eat breakfast.your picture made it appear to be on water and that was another property not allowing access to walk by water.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Only problem we had was the toilet clogged as soon as we got there but the front desk took care of it.

Loved the modern feel of the room. Bed was sooooo comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning had unbelievable options to choose from and everything was hot and fresh.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Need better/brighter lighting in living room area of suite.

Continental breakfast was great. Attendant kept everything freshly stocked and clean throughout the entire breakfast time.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

From the time I sat down in the room, I felt little bites all over my body from some kind of very small flea or something, you couldn't see them.

I really didn't like anything.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

We were in town visiting relatives so location was good. If we were vacationing to the beach, location was poor.We only had view of highway. Also we'd get in later in evening and never could find parking. Lot is not large enough.

The hotel was great. Room was excellent. Staff treated us well.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Smoking Double Queen Room

Everything else. I got a room four two adults three children and had to sleep on the floor because they said at the front desk I went threw booking .com they had to save there cots for there guests. I WANT BE BACK!!!

House keeping

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean: toilet bowl has stain on the outside, strands of hair left on the bathtub side. The sight of these makes us feel uncomfortable & very disappointed with a Hilton chain. Will not stay in Hampton Inns again. Exit door to back parking not working so it was not locked & left like that all night.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

There was nothing we didn't like

We like everything about the hotel the room and the bathroom is nice and clean .customer service was awesome. continental breakfast was great just needed grits.lol

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Beds could have been a little more comfortable. Air conditioning was not good at all. It didn't take the humidity out of the room.

Always a parking spot. Right off highway. Pillows comfortable. Waffle maker in morning was fun. Breakfast staffers were helpful and friendly. Neutrogena products for shampoo, conditioner, etc. Elevators were fast enough.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I left behind some items of clothing and made several calls to have my items mailed to me c.o.d. the hotel kept blowing me off. .said they would mail my clothes to me but never returned my call. poor customer service. don't leave any items behind, you won't get them back.

the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

When i walked in to the main lobby i expected a bad experience because the ceiling was leaking but once we went upstairs me and my family was surprisingly shocked as to how clean and up to date the hotel room was. Staff was great, great location. I will definitely be going back

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The hotel is by the water. It was and attractive. It was easy to find your way around once inside the the informational flatscreen in the lobby was awesome.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The maids did not get to our room until 7 pm (after we had spent the day at the ball fields, too late for cleaning). We had a large cockroach (1 1/2 inches at least in our room) friends room had bed bugs.

Bed was wonderful, towels were fluffy, breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

There was a little bid of construction going on but that did not affect our stay.

Location was perfect and the staff was very friendly. The person taking care of the breakfast area was on top of everything and she was very pleasant.

To costly

Soft sheets

Staff members was awesome

Everything was excellent

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Needs a bigger eating area, free breakfast but not enough seats!

The pool was nice!

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

There was a nice breakfast. The staff was friendly and the kids enjoyed the stay.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The breakfast needed some help. It was so so.

All of it was super nice.

Bed linen was stained

Overall cleanliness, nice staff

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed

Good atmosphere nice people clean

I’ve always love the Hampton Inn’s

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Everything from the breakfast, the room, the bed. Felt like Home. Had an awesome time with my family. Deff will be back.

Check in wasn't pleasant

Very clean, great location

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Food could have been warmer.

Everything was appetizing

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed

Need to peel the hard boiled eggs in advance.

Friendly staff

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent!

Na

The beds was comfortable it was quite

bed was very comfy

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

A little far from main attractions.

I liked the modern look of the Hotel and the cleanliness of the rooms

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Great breakfast on Sunday.

Cant think of anything

Beds like a cloud

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I like it being close to the waterway

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

The fridge was really little n there was no kitchen in the room that would had made it perfect

The rooms

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The Wi-Fi could've been better

The food was great

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Better lighting in the bathroom

Did not have breakfast

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

It wad clean, furnished nicely, nice breakfast/coffee, nice staff

Bar

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

No hot tub, pool is old, stained duvet on bed when we got there.

Nice staff, good breakfast.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

it was not as close to tbe beach As I would have liked but not a bad location

clean and a very friendly staff

Breakfast not appetizing

Eggs dry and stifd

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The only thing I would suggest is having the water pressure in the sinks checked. Perhaps it was just my room 202

Breakfast was wonderful

Parking

Parking was the only downfall I experienced

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Queen Mobility Access with Tub Non-Smoking

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The property is difficult to find. I went by the access road 3 times.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed

Complimentary breakfast was hot and fresh.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I never like the egg dishes you serve- ate oatmeal

The room

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• King Room with Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Your reservation request had not reach them. Didn't give us a good feeling about using you again.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Very clean room, comfortable bed, and friendly, helpful front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Everything was excellent.

The breakfast was good and bed was to. No complaints.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

The room

Breakfast was good the room was noisy and the floor was wet

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

the location the staff the comfort