Reviews of Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury 3 stars

60 Centre Drive, Central Valley, NY 10917, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Central Valley

Nice Hotel
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had some pieces of plastic bag left on shelf in the bathroom and the same shelves were very dusty. When the housekeeping team started in the morning they were quite loud, one member of that team was leaving the elevator while I was trying to enter, and just pushed passed me no acknowledgement even though I said good morning.

Rooms are spacious, lighting good to work and beds comfortable, the hotel was a good location. Nice be to able to have coffee on hand for the duration of the stay and also the availability of breakfast.

We spent over $200 to get no sleep- awful.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We literally didn't get to sleep. The neighboring room(or rooms) was beyond loud. Slamming doors , loud running, loud voices throughout the Night. Called front desk at 1am and they did nothing. The next day at checkout- I explained what happened and received nothing but what felt like a less than sincere apology. $211 and no rest - I expected more from a Hampton inn

Fantastic service at check in and great breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Staying at this hotel was a very pleasant experience from bed to breakfast!

1 staff complained loudly that a maintenance person called out and she wasn't going to do his job. Inappropriate and embarrassing for the staff around her

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. A/C worked well. Pool and hot tub were clean. Breakfast was a feast! Facility was conveniently located to shopping, I87 and a famous coffee place 😉☕️

I really enjoyed this last minute stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I really enjoyed this last minute stay. Right when I walked in I was greeted with a smile which is so important since I had been traveling for two weeks already. The bed was comfortable, I had microwave pizza for dinner which I purchased from the lobby and relaxed,took a bath and went to bed. And super quiet which I truly appreciated.

Staff were not nice, they call several time at 10:30am to leave as soon as possible, or we will charge you,there were several guests in the counter fighting with staff,

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Food quality at breakfast was bad. Shuttle service shuts down before the Woodbury Commons shuts down. Last minute shoppers have to fend for themselves.

Location. Shuttle service on demand, very prompt. Friendly staff.

There was blood on the sheet.

The sheet was not clean. I doubt if they change sheets for each guest. I woke up found there was blood on the sheet. I was scared. I checked myself everywhere and found it's not my blood. I told the front desk. She told me it happened sometimes. I was shocked.

The location is very good.

More than expectation

It is little difficult to locate during the night. It's far behind the store area and honestly I would've lost my way if Navigation did not lead me. Signage would be good.

Definitely this is more than 2 star Inn. To be honest, it was better than some of the 4 star hotels that I stayed back in North East Canada for trip. Bed was comfortable, room was spacious and more than enough amenity was provided. Air condition was quite and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was very clean and neat. It was classy for Inn and staffs were very bright and nice. Location is very close to Woodbury outlet!

Everything was perfect, clean, quiet,but price is high, breakfast was not good as expected

I will say what happened with me in this hotel during my last stay 12 August 2018, after checkout by 3 hours my little daughter told me that she forgot her jacket in the room, I called the hotel receptionist ,after a while she answered me there is nothing found in the room even lost and found department . That was a very bad experience with this hotel, Remember if you forgot something in this hotel,don’t think that you will get it

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Staff

Our room was not clean and we asked twice for room cleaning as the room cleaning staff never came to clean the rooms and their was not do not disturb tag on door

Staff

Excellent location for Woodbury Premium outlets shoppers.

Very minimal room toiletries provided. Also they don't provide bottle water for guest which is very bothering for us. Breakfast area and tables are really dirty and unhygienic cause no one cleans when guests messed up the place.

Excellent location for Woodbury Premium outlets shoppers. Room is good size and space.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location and staff!

Bathroom had hairs stuck on the walls also in the sink... this made us question if it was even washed...

Staff and close proximity to Outlets and highway.

Good place to stay for one night
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel staff haven’t prepared the bed for our kid although we have specifically said that we’re three people.

The room size and close proximity to Woodbury outlet center. Free parking.

Room was spacious and had a fridge, safe and microwave.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Leaking shower head. Was reported and promised to be attended to as soon as possible.

Room was spacious and had a fridge, safe and microwave. Free shuttle was cool as well.

No electricity in the morning staff non friendly, breakfast...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

No electricity in the morning staff non friendly, breakfast no hot meals due to no power but should provide better alternative with the price I’m paying. Already informed of the choices of room that was reserved for 3 rooms and has to be closer to each other but ended 1 floor for each rooms which is non acceptable with staff non friendly

Convenient location just across from Woodbury premium outlet.
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Very expensive. Bed is too soft. Aircon blower is directs at bed & is uncomfortably cold despite adjusting thermostat.

Convenient location just across from Woodbury premium outlet. Very friendly staff. Rooms are spacious & clean.

Do not recommend
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I don’t like to give negative reviews but there aren’t too many positive things to say about my experience at this one. I booked this room two months in advance, as we were attending my daughter’s college graduation on Saturday. When I checked in with my husband and daughter, we were given the key to a king room with a sofa bed. The view outside our window was a black tar roof. The mattress in the sofa was extremely thin. We asked for extra blankets and never received them. There were crushed pretzels on the floor. The water pressure in the bathroom was very weak. We asked for a different room and we were told there weren’t any available. In the morning, my daughter noticed small black ants crawling all over the carpet. The lobby bathroom was messy with tissue all over and a clogged sink. And the parking lot was filled with construction vehicles so we had to park in the shopping center next door. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Definitely not worth the $230.

The hotel was right next to Woodbury Outlet Mall.

I had a nightmare for the 2 nights I stayed at this hotel in May 2018. The staff was unresponsive to even the slightest of my concerns. Not only did they extend a deaf ear to my legitimate requests of rates and room types, that had been prepaid, but also ripped me off $175 for absolutely nothing. Just imagine, paying a bomb for a total of 3 nights across 2 rooms since we were a family of 4. They charged me every penny for all bookings, and gave me a room-type far below for what I had (pre) paid for and just gave me one room saying - "Sir, we can't help it as we are fully occupied so please adjust in one room. We can't help it but we will charge you for what you originally reserved" thus costing me $175 for something that I didn't even use. The sales guy - Maarc and Kristy were both absolutely non-responsive at this hotel and the quality of guest interaction was the worst I have ever experienced at a hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone because the management will NOT listen to any of your concerns. Please stay away !!!

The hotel was right next to Woodbury Outlet Mall. So if thats what you are looking at, the location is decent enough. The night staff was great. However, read the above.

The ability of the staff to respond to our complaint and do...

Walls are very thin and we had noisy neighbors Had to get a move in order to sleep

The ability of the staff to respond to our complaint and do something about it

Improve service - luggage

After check out, if you want to put luggage, then will charge $5/pc! It's 1st time to hear about crazy service At least, they can not charge 1st luggage! Their storage room is smaller- that's hotel problem They can not pass to guests ! It's not fair especial for highest rate !

Breakfast is good

Very close to Woodbury outlet.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Mattress not comfy.The bed was noisy and the mattress moves with my movements during sleeping. The mattress quality is poor not like what we used to be in Hampton hotels.

Very close to Woodbury outlet.

Suppose to pay 264 $ Canadian dollars all taxes in.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

Suppose to pay 264 $ Canadian dollars all taxes in.... And today I see a charge in my card 228us dollars comes out to 294$ Canadian there is a difference of 30$ probably the problem starts from booking.com

Sleepless $200.00 night.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Uncomfortable, not the cleanest room I've ever seen, No view, VERY noisy neighbors until 1:00 am and $200.00 a night. Really not worth it!!

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Great location, quality and price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The employees were friendly, helpful and kind. Any questions we had, they answered. They switched from smoking to non-smoking and we greatly appreciated that (we had made an error while booking). The pools were clean and well lit. Very nice overall.

Convenient stay for Woodbury Commons Shopping

The wifi could improve. I experienced that at night, the internet signal would disappear every 15 minutes. It was a bit inconvenient especially if you were booking something.

Their staff was awesome! Their breakfast selection was also pretty good. Everything was still hot and appetizing.

This was one of the best hotel stays I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing! 10/10!
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I didn’t see a room service menu or anything in the room about food. We had to go out to eat, which isn’t too bad because shack burger was only 3 minutes away. There may have been a menu we just didn’t see though!

The suite we had was amazing! The king bed was extra comfy and the spa bath in our suite was exquisite! Also the pool was very clean- we spent plenty of time swimming! And lastly the breakfast was very good! Definitely worth the price- would 10/10 recommend!

The breakfast was very good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our heater didn’t work properly the first 2 nights and made very loud noises. It was looked at by maintenance on our second day and fixed. The exit getting off Woodbury from West Point Saturday mid afternoon was so backed up and it added at least 30 minutes to the commute to the hotel. I am not sure if this is normal for a Saturday or not. There were no signs of an accident. It just looked like everyone comes to that town for the weekend.

The breakfast was very good. Our room was away from noises and was in a great location.

Good Weekend Get-Away Spot
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I would say that The Hotel definitely needs to invest in some door slam devices, because that was the most annoying part of trying to get some rest. Doors were continuously slamming, until I eventually literally passed out

I Love how the Hotel was in the Middle of all the stores and restaurants. It was Super Clean, and Nice it was a little pricey for one night, maybe because I booked it so close to the event, but was definitely worth it to me.... Will definitely be coming back very soon, for another little Get- Away weekend with My Babes....

We all enjoyed it , not much to say .
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I wish the hot tub was a little hotter , but the whirlpool in the room makes up for it

Bed was super soft , almost fell asleep the second i laid on it .

We would definitely stay here again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very salty HOT breakfast foods We found many other good choices though Our mattress and pillows need replacement

Staff was friendly Nice lobby Close to shops

Met our expecations regarding being close to the Outlet/doing some shopping.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was so so, no bathrobe for swimming pool, fitness center was mediocre, no dumbbells etc..

Extremely close to the Outlets, which was main purpose.

Great stay as always

As always an excellent stay at Hampton Inn in Harriman. Wonderful staff, comfy beds, great pillows and a more than adequate breakfast. This is our 6th stay over the past few years and we will be back. Such a great way to enjoy the local outlet shopping.

I like the morning front desk personnel
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We reserved for 3 pax per room and a 5 pax per room however they are not accommodating in giving more pillows. How can a 5 guests fit in 4 pillows? They gave 2 extra pillows and that’s it. Good thing the trainee understood our sentiment but the hassle of this late night is grueling.

Big rooms, breakfast, and the morning personnel’s were way better than the evening ones. Prompt reply on booking.com

Everything was okay except for the girl at the front desk. She should be more friendly and nice.

The person that I check in with was super unfriendly. I don’t think she’s fit to be at the front desk of the hotel.

Bed is comfy. And the room is very clean.

The hotel is 5 mins drive to Woodbury Common Premium Outlet.

The mattress is too soft for my liking.

The hotel is 5 mins drive to Woodbury Common Premium Outlet. I like that they have a business centre and we could use the computer. I needed to print out my broadway tickets and I could do it at the business centre without extra charges.

One of the dirtiest showers I had! Water temperature control was tricky. Expired Yogurt.

1) very dirty bathroom, probably not cleaned for months, the shower floor was slimey with dirt 2) hotel has not been renovated, upgraded nor taken care, very neglected 3) breakfast is free - but yogurt expired

Next to Woodbury

To get out of Manhattan for shopping purpose this is the hotel

Breakfast is very limited but will do the job.

I stayed in this hotel to be out of Manhattan and close to outlet facilities and different malls around jersey area for shopping purposes and it did the job perfectly. It is 5 minuets drive to premium Woodbury out let. Excellent parking availability with 24 hours coffee and donuts at reception area for free.

The place was fine it’s booking.

The place was fine it’s booking.com that pissed me off! The price was not the best! Last time I deal with you! Call the hotel and they will give you a better price!!

The shopping in Woodbury is great and the hotel is close to it !!

The horrible breakfast ! Everything was so processed that o think I will die obese or of cancer if I eat this kind of food for a year

The beds had clean and crisp bed linen . The rooms were of a good size

Excellent stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Price is a little high but worth the payment

Hotel is clean and very comfortable. There are many please to sit and relax food was great . Rooms are comfortable

Shoping Convinience

El precio me pareció alto. The price was higher than I expected.

Muy conveniente para visitar los outlets. Very convenient to visit Woodbury Common Outlets

Reservations staff very helpful with our multiple room and...

Hard to locate property coming off NY Thruway using bokking.com dirctions and property hdden behind Kohl's in lg shopping center. Wrong turn resulted in 15-20 min delay of our night-time arrival

Reservations staff very helpful with our multiple room and special needs/requests reservation Breakfast choices and dining venue top notch!

Ideal place to stay overnight near Woodbury

The Hampton is very convenient to get around, not only to the Woodbury Outlet but also the Woodbury center nearby (within walking distance). Huge Kohl's! It's a great place for shopping fans to stay around so that you dun have to travel to get around Woodbury outlets. Besides, the room is very cozy and spacious. Breakfast is also very good! Parking lot is just right outside the hotel. Very worth staying again

Excellent hotel at Woodbury Common Premium Outlet

Excellent location near woodbury common outlet, comfortable stay, good hot breakfast daily, free shuttle to outlet, good facilities, friendly and helpful staff.

Good location and rooms, could be better.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed was not fit for use, uncomfortable and not even flat. Breakfast very limited and with disposable plates and cutlery.

Great location close to woodbury commons outlet. Large room with fridge and microwave. Free shittle bus to the outlets.

Central location for visiting West Point, oulet malls
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

A/c noisy Confusing turn directions via iphone to find property coming off north I-87

Central location for visiting West Point, oulet malls Staff extremely patient, helpful

We will come back

Skipped breakfast this time.

Price worthy stay, staff in reception was accommodating and friendly. Great service with shuttle bus to the outlet center. Second time we stayed here.

Will definitely visit again when in Woodbury

Expected the breakfast to have more choices and better serving.

The rooms are clean. The hotel is located right next to the Woodbury Premium Outlets NY. The staff was very friendly.

Good location .Typical middle of the road business
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was overpriced .We had to take a handicapped room as that's what was available We were trying to book a BnB but none available .The bench for the tub was broken and the screws were lying around.If we had needed that,it would have been a problem.Just found that overall,the expense ,especially ridiculous hotel tax,was high for a weekend stay.A/C kept shutting off at night.Room was a little shabby.

Breakfast service was good..Everything was clean.Front desk very nice.

Our first stay in a Hampton Inn and maybe our last.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Customer service was pathetic. Called twice and waited for 45 at the mall for the shuttle service. White residue on the shower floor. When mentioned to the front desk he could not have cared less! Did not even ask for my room number so I mentioned it. Unbelievable attitude in the "hospitality" business!

An attractive facility with a large well appointed room.

Convenient layover stop.

Overused Q sized mattress which was soft on one side and firm on the other. Noisy air conditioning unit. Lack of proper restaurent.

The size of the room, the feather filled pillows. Location and general cleanliness of the place.

Won't stay again much too expensive for the quality
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

View from room was of the roof, first room had non working toilet got moved to a different room with even worse view of roof but did have a working toilet...

Soft beds

Hotel was great outlet was down the street which is a super plus!

The person next door for the two night I paid for to stay had the TV on really loud throughout the whole entire night from 9-930pm to 5am. My family and I couldn't sleep at all.. I called front desk and the staff said he will call and find out. I hear the phone ringing and no one ever picked up and there were times the tv will get even louder and I remember there was some very inappropriate noises..

Everything from breakfast to staffs and room were perfect.

Standard Hampton inn. Not as close to retail village as I hoped - short drive.

As I booked through booking.com I was NOT allowed to recieve Hilton Honors points (despite having done so in several similar properties in the weeks prior to my visit). This also meant I was not offered the Hilton members perks such as bottled water and cookies (again, as I have been in every other Hilton over the last few weeks). When I questioned this the receptionist was rather obstinate verging on rude about having booked through a 3rd party and still expecting benefits!

Usual Hampton Inn convenience with free breakfast. Good room facilities such as fridge and microwave. On site laundry useful too.

Awful wifi network

the wifi signal was horrible, impossible to maintain a connection or event get a signal... In today world, wifi is a must in a hotel, and when you rent a room with wifi you tend to have expectations that the network will work correctly.

Breakfast great

Because I booked through Bookings.com, my Hilton awards program would not accept adding my stay to my total status and will not impact future awards qualification. A real bummer!

Breakfast great

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

West Point Graduation quick stay, wish it was longer!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not a thing just my stay was too short!!

Breakfast had a very wide variety of tasty items. The staff had awesome goody bags to help get through the graduation proceedings at West Point. They were aware of how long the process would be and had snacks/bottled water which was amazing!!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great!

The only thing that I can say it was not great is the pillows. They were very soft for me. Othe than that everything was great.

The hotel is very tidy and clean. The room and bathroom are spacious and clean. The breakfast was decently good. There was a good verity of hot and cold options. The area for breakfast is great. I don't understand why other reviews claim otherwise. I am a picky person, but I was satisfied with everything.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Rooms are spacious and is really near Woodbury Premium...

The price is a bit expensive for an outskirt city state.. hope the price would be lesser around $100-150 would be practical..

Rooms are spacious and is really near Woodbury Premium Outlet/Walmart/IHOP

the location is ideal for shopping.
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

the lobby smell is bad. although I like the service of providing coffee and tea 24 hours, the coffee is disgusting and obviously very cheap

the location is ideal for shopping. and staff are super friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Relaxing place after whole day shopping
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Frontdesk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and clean and in a superb location if you are here for shopping at Woodbury outlet.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The services were excellent.
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There was no TV channels available. Unless you want to order movies. The so-call free WIFI only allowed to check emails.the mattress on the bed was soft, not too good.

The services were excellent. Staff very friendly and kind. Breakfast was great.

Good enough, but too expensive for what you get.

Room was noisy. Heat was very noisy, refrigerator made a clicking noise, toilet ran. Breakfast is reasonably extensive, but not very good, especially for the price of the hotel.

Location is very familiar to me, convenient for trips to West Point, where I go often.

Nice, clean and decent hotel

Got three rooms and we all are happy:clean,quiet and the continental breakfast is great and reasonable.Great place to stay if you want all day shopping at Woodbury commons

Good for Shopping

Nothing really !

Great hotel , the location is really good if you want to go shopping to Woodbury premium outlet, the hotel offers a suttle bus, husband and kids stayed in the pool while my friend and I went shopping ,ideal for all.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Nice stay but be up very early if you want breakfast
    • King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There were about 5 or 6 small beetles in the bathroom attracted probably by moisture. It's Spring in NY so it doesn't surprise me too much but no one likes to walk on bugs. Breakfast was not very good, I arrived at 8:30 and all hot food was gone. Remaining selection was some oatmeal, waffles, breads/rolls so very carb heavy with only cold hard boiled eggs as protein option. Plates were paper and silverware was plastic. Dining area had a couple of dirty tables and filled trash cans so it seems to be a lack of kitchen staff issue. Yes its "free" but there is a Dunkin Donuts very close which would have been a better choice for me.

Very nice new appearance to hotel and lobby. My room was really nice and clean with big TV, microwave and mini-fridge. I stayed in room with jacuzzi bathtub which was clean, working well and a wonderful stress relief.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Cheap and good location and brilliant team

Brilliant place Staff amazing especially Rosie and Adina Rosie looked after us very well Hats off to her Looked after us very well Been here three times now

Useful for visit to outlet mall

Room rate high for type of hotel.

Clean and functional hotel. Proximity to outlet mall and restaurants very good. Reasonable breakfast buffet but plastic cutlery and plates really not nice. Staff very pleasant. Room good size and well appointed.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Breakfast was excellent , staff was excellent,and the bed...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The price was higher than I think it should be per night and the temperature of the room was very difficult to control.

Breakfast was excellent , staff was excellent,and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Easy off/on to highways.

They need better hairdryers but they gave me a handheld from the desk.

Easy off/on to highways. Close location to all shopping, restaurants, gas. Very convenient

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

We always feel comfortable and welcome at Hampton Inns.

Lost WiFi connection in the evening, and could not get it back. Also, for some reason we were not given housekeeping 1 of the 6 nights of our stay. No one knew why a no service was on the house keeping list. I advised the staff that this was not the normal for Hampton Inns. We like to have a fresh bathroom with clean towels each day.

Our room was a handicap room, which was extra large for getting around. The staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Thank you Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury staff

I don't remember!!

Great Location to Woodburry outlet, Very friendly staff, spacious clean rooms and all required facilities for travelers are available.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great value and exceptionally clean.

Need sign on the road telling driverd where to turn for hotel. Heater was very noisey

Staff was friendly and helpful. Liked breakfast. Very clean and modern. If I can, I usually chose Hampton Inn. Like price and cleanliness of most HI hotels. Could you builod one in Woodcliff lake NJ? I stay in that area a lot.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

LOVE IT. THANK YOU HAMPTON INN
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

i like that they have a lobby lounge that has a fireplace and free flow of coffee and doughnuts. plus they have a free shuttle van that takes you to the factory outlet and shop.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

The only issue we had was at breakfast one of my sisters was...

The only issue we had was at breakfast one of my sisters was getting juice when the attendant rudely tapped her on the arm to move out of his way so he could add some juice...seems like he could have just waited until she was done since it wasn't the juice she was getting that needed refilling.