Reviews of Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel 3 stars

12197 North Meridian Street, Carmel, IN 46032, USA

#2 of 12 hotels in Carmel

U booking com charged me for two rooms.

U booking com charged me for two rooms. I have email says one room. Double the price. Hampton said good luck getting money back. Never use u again. CROOKS

We had a great "cousins reunion and the hotel could not have been better. Great place to stay
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Carmel's obsession with roundabouts makes staying in Carmel a pain. Doubt you can do anything about that.

The staff were outstanding keeping the hotel spotless, finding and returning lost items, and handling check-in of our large family group (cousins and their families too) efficiently. We had a great visit,

Beds were comfortable, rooms were quiet
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A small end table in addition to the desk would be helpful for a place for drinks or papers when more than one person is staying in the room.

Beds were comfortable, rooms were quiet

Good stay comfortable beds.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

We stayed at this Hampton Inn to attend a Funeral. The Staff was accommodating for our slightly later check out time so that we could change before heading home. Our grandson went down to the breakfast about the time it was closing and there was still a good selection.

The fitness room was really nice as well as the morning...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had a pull out couch that needed sheets and pillows. We waited 45 minutes for someone to bring us up some as there was only one person working the front.

The fitness room was really nice as well as the morning breakfast.

I had to stay in town after surgery. It was a good stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small. A table to share a small meal would have been nice, but no room. Only 1 small chair along with the desk chair.

Hamptons are always one of our top picks. This one was nice, a little older, but nice and kept neat and clean. The beds and pillows were super comfy

Nice staff.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

After having reservations at another hotel we got there and was told the pool was closed because of a broken heater. The reason for our hotel stay was for the kids to swim. He let us cancel and find another hotel which brought us to the Hampton Inn. The kids got to swim for 1 hour. We went to eat and came back to swim and someone puked in the pool so she closed it down. It was the maintenance mans job. Not the hotels fault but almost a pointless hotel stay because like I said we only stayed in a hotel for the kids to be able to swim.

Nice staff. We had housekeeping come in the morning and ask if we needed anything. I thought that was really nice.

This hotel provides clean rooms, friendly staff, great breakfasts, and free coffee 24/7
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

They need to provide ALL disabled-accessible rooms with walk-in showers! The most common disability in the U.S. is impaired mobility so WHY would you expect someone with impaired mobility to step over the tub to get into the shower? My 91 1/2 yo aunt's disability-accessible room had a walk in shower, but my mother had to step over the tub in her disability-accessible room so she didn't take a shower during her hotel stay due to fear of falling. I made my reservation and my parents' reservation two weeks before my aunt's reservation and unfortunately, when I made my parents' reservation, there wasn't a room with a walk-in shower available. My aunt lucked out because someone with a disabled-accessible room with a walk in shower must have canceled. Unfortunately, this isn't the first hotel my family has stayed in with disabled-accessible rooms without walk-in showers, so we need to publicize this problem and ask for safer accommodations for ourselves and our families.

This is a great hotel to stay in. I've stayed there twice and been very pleased each time. They provide a great breakfast, have wonderful coffee and cookies available 24/7, and have a small "store" by the front counter where you can buy snacks and/or cold drinks for reasonable prices. Each room is very clean and comes with a mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, and great tv. The maids and front office staff are very friendly and aim to please. My 91 1/2 yr old aunt was very pleased with her disabled-accessible room, especially since the last room she stayed in at a different hotel had a bed that was so high she couldn't get into it without a step stool.

I got the king size room as I needed space for 2 adults...

Small room

I got the king size room as I needed space for 2 adults & 3 Kids. This was the only room advertised to accommodate that many people. This was a mistake as a double queen would have been much better. The king had one bed & a rollout sofa.

Overall except the shower was a very good experience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our shower did not work we did not know ‘this until morning explain we were only staying just the one night and was checking out after breakfast they did offer another room but explained it would be an inconvenience to move so late just for a shower. They would not take anything off the room. Was a little disappointed needless to say

Oatmeal, eggs, bagel and sausage was very good

wonderful
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

Thru Hampton website I am registered for accommodations. Booking.com apparently doesn't have access to my handicapped accessible room requirement so had to change rooms upon arrival.

Great, quiet and clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need larger Hampton Inn sign entrance. We circled the round about 4 times before we could figure the entrance to the parking lot

Clean and friendly staffs.

Relaxing and comfortable but please clean completely after multiple nights!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not cleaned properly after our first night. Hair,my own was all over the bathroom floor and a tissue was on the floor too.

The bedding was soft and comfortable. A mint was left on my pillow, actually two.

Pleasant. Staff was very helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wasn't there long enough to work up a dislike.

We stayed only one night but would book again. Had a Drs. appointment too early to drive from our home. Will consider again if appointments work that way.

Most was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff needs to be re trained. Room was dirty upon arrival. During a 4 night stay, our room was forgotten in the cleaning rotation. Front desk staff should also understand customer service, when I let them know our room had been missed, her response was, "Are you sure?". Followed with an excuse of, "our cleaning staff doesn't speak English very well, maybe they misunderstood you" (she (cleaning gal) arrived when my son was in shower, I said we would be out of the room in 10-15 minutes"). Anyway, I will just recommend that the definition of customer service be reiterated and that you are able to have clean rooms!! It is what can keep people from coming back, nobody wants to pay for a room with hair in the tub and on the floor. And please vacuum often.

We entered our room and found it occupied!

We entered our room and found it occupied! Had to wait over 30 min to get another room which was tough being late in the evening. The front desk guy was very apologetic but I feel upper management could have reached out. Thank goodness no one was in the room at the time, it could have been very embarrassing!

Cleanliness and friendly staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

There is no distinct signage for the Hampton visible when approaching going southbound in Pennysvania. Red white and blue Hampton logo signs on the curb at both entrances from Pennsylvania would help a lot. It is super hard to find otherwise, even with GPS.

Cleanliness and friendly staff.

Breakfast was good , location good.

There was always trash over flowing cans in front of building , cigarette dispenser always full , my room was right above the laundry room , waking up to washing machines running below.

Breakfast was good , location good.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

This hotel is convenient, clean and cost efficient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking area could be improved.

The hotel is always clean. The morning buffet provides food for just about any palate, and the rooms are always clean, and the cost is comparable to surrounding properties.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Room was clean and pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not get a receipt for the whole amount. I only got a receipt for the extra charges ($0) when I checked out. Of course I did not notice until I got home.

Room was clean and pleasant. Bed was comfy. The room for breakfast was so nicely decorated. Really enjoyed the omelet for breakfast, also the fruit. Plenty of choices of food.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Friendly service, good amenities and close to downtown
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Towels could be softer. Maybe thicker would make them softer or try a fabric softener.

Clean, great location, staff were nice during morning breakfast. Quantity of towels was great.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The staff was amazing including Joshua.

When we arrived in our room it had a musty/moldy/chemical odor. We asked to be moved to another room & Joshua had moved us into a new room within a few minutes. However we noticed our former room was given to another guest a few minutes later. Not cool.

The staff was amazing including Joshua. He helped & answered many questions for us during our stay.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Staff was very nice - hotel located very close to some good...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish I could have obtained a printed receipt upon leaving the hotel. They said because the reservation was made on booking.com they couldn't give me a receipt

Staff was very nice - hotel located very close to some good restaurants.

Clean, fresh, and comfortable

It's hard to complain about a free breakfast, but the eggs tasted like processed bulk eggs.

Very clean and comfortable room. I always wake up several times when on travel, but the I slept all night on a very good bed. The deck clerks were friendly and courteous. When back in Indianapolis we will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Very annoying phone messages and beeps that somewhat spoiled our stay.

1. While the rooms were good and noise- free from neighbors (good insulation of walls), we had a real bad experience with the phone message beeps (15-20 minutes!) waking us up at 6:37 AM on the first day. When complained to the front desk, the desk said once we hear the phone message, the beeps will stop and the message button light (red) will go off. But the very same thing happened the next day at the same time, waking us up unnecessarily! The silly message is from the hotel itself asking us whether we are enjoying our stay! This is simply unacceptable and obviously the front desk failed to correct the situation until our last day of stay! So we complained once again for unnecessarily waking us up that early and at last the manager seems to have reset the alarm and stop the clock. Front desk young ladies were courteous but not very knowledgeable of routes, directions for other shopping centers information. (Most of my friends stayed at the Renaissance that had newer and better facilities and front desk help. 2. Breakfast is supposed to be up to 10 AM. However by 9:20 the cleaners start cleaning the floor etc and and that was extremely annoying! By 9:50 breakfast things start disappearing and taken away!They should waited at least till 10 O'clock before the clean-up begins! But for the above two, I would consider the hotel to be reasonable.

The breakfast was good and adequate without anything fancy! The front desk people were courteous.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

We plan to return often to see our grandchildren!!

For being an older couple we really need more support for our backs in the mattress dept. We had a king size bed and we were told that the queen size has more firmness. We'll get queen size the next time!

I had a little trouble with the internet and a very nice young man came right to our room and fix the problem. Never have had that before! The hotel was located close to the hospital (the birth of our second grandchild) and we only had to drive through 3 round-a-bouts!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Clean and comfortable

The eggs were fair - definitely a product versus fresh. Smoked sausage/kielbasa is not a breakfast food.

The breakfast was fine. The porter maintained the station quite well.

Need an outside pool

Need an outside pool

I would stay again. Nice and clean hotel.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

Rooms could have been cooler

The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was awesome.

Confusing round-abouts to get there.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Confusing round-abouts to get there.

This hotel was up to Hampton’s standards: clean, comfy, with extra touches and great value
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The sofa sleeper mattress was terrible

Beds were comfy, they gave us a roll away bed for our toddler.

Met my needs
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fresh fruit has that weird taste

Breakfast staff friendly and attentive.

We were very satisfied with our stay, and we'd definitely recommend this hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our tub didn't drain very well.

The hotel is very conveniently located and quiet so that we were able to get a great night's sleep.

Our stay was enjoyable and comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

More towels and pillows would be nice.

Clean, comfortable bed. Convenient location.

Staff was friendly.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool could have been slightly warmer.. maybe a hot tub??

Staff was friendly.. comfortable atmosphere. Had snacks and food to grab for a quick bite.

The six of the room
    • King Room with Spa Bath

No trash bags in any of the trash cans

The six of the room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were comfortable, the entire hotel was sparkly clean! Great experience!

Comfortable bed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a non smoking room. You could tell that the bathroom had been smoked in.

Comfortable bed.

Comfortable
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pillows were all too soft. Need better mix. Room a little warm for sleeping.

Breakfast was good . Tables were kept clean. Juices were mixed .

Whole place too hot

Whole place too hot

My stay was excellent. I always stay at a Hampton when possible

no dislikes

Everything was excellent

Very nice place. Saved it to my GPS favorites
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine.

Great hotel, excellent staff, good location.

**** but don't sleep to late.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Getting woke up by cleaning lady

Rooms were clean and quiet. Restaurant in walking distance. Bed was comfy.

If I will come to Carmel, I will choose Hampton again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The service is very good, the people is really very kind

I thought the hotel was clean and neat. The check-in and check-out process was quick.

The scrambled eggs.

The beds were comfy and the hotel spaces were very clean.

Nice large room, helpful staff, free WiFi, and all amenities.

Room was a little to warm for sleeping comfortably.

Nice large room, helpful staff, free WiFi, and all amenities.

Awesome

Good price, only the bed was uncomfortable but room overall good

Bed was hard.

Staff nice, lots parking, location

The beds and room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our TV did not have a signal Friday night.

The beds and room.

Just what we needed for a quick getaway!
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room was a good size - spa tub a plus - quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for places to eat, etc.

it was ok
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The price because I priced matched and I payed $200 a night for a one bed which they charged $110 usually so that was frustrating

Staff was friendly and helpful, safe atmosphere.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room was very quiet, didn't hear other guests.

I was hoping to see bacon or meat on breakfast menu.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I was hoping to see bacon or meat on breakfast menu.

Room was comfortable.

There is a restaurant right across from the hotel, thus if you want an alcoholic drink you do not have to worry about driving.

Bed was great, breakfast was good and service for breakfast...
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

Bed was great, breakfast was good and service for breakfast was great. Person that checked us in was asking too many questions about my partner.

Quick and relatively cheap
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Soft drink vending machines on floors didn't work

Very clean, quiet. Lobby was very nice

Clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean. Friendly and professional staff. Good breakfast.

N/a
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I don't like the water it seem not clean the soap out may be under ground water

Overall is good as is

Nice, quiet, clean and comfortable room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would like a restaurant in the hotel.

Nice, quiet, clean and comfortable room. Liked the free breakfast too.

The beds were so comfortable although the comforter is...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Work out room is poor and there is no hot tub. Kids said pool area was freezing.

The beds were so comfortable although the comforter is scratchy

Beds were very comfortable.

A lil pricey

Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean. Very quite

Great location Great room

The room was great Very nice layout

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

lots of breakfast options

lots of breakfast options

We stay at a lot of Hamptons, and this one was particularly good.

Comfortable bed, nice lobby, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

clean linens daily, complementary water.

softer bath towels

clean linens daily, complementary water.

Great as Advertised

It was everything that the photos and information indicated. The staff was very friendly and the room was great.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The Hampton 10!!

A beautiful Hampton Inn, in a perfect location. One of the nicest Hampton Inn's I've stayed at!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

hopefully we will be back soon for the stay-cation
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The whirlpool bath was great

Great soft bed.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Business Professionally sound while family friendly and fun. Two birds in one weekend.

Pillows sucked

Good size room, clean, bed was comfortable, staff was cordial

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great place, great breakfast

Great place, great breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great accommodations at a comparable price to luxury hotels.

I didn't receive a receipt by email that I expected.

Very clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

best hotel ive ever stayed at
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower head settings didn't turn and the tub drained very slow.

Staff extremely friendly. The cleanliness of the room. Homely feeling.

Typically Excellent Hampton
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Exercise equip, the one strength piece, did not work well. Cable would bind and not function properly. Could not use

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good Inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Night check in person ..a gentle,man..was very helpful..bad desk chair...he replaced

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

We had a great stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

it was difficult to get to.

We don't eat eggs, but the waffles were great.