Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Indianapolis East 3 stars

2311 North Shadeland Avenue, Warren Township, Indianapolis, IN 46219, USA

5.9

A place to rest your head overnight, but you probably won't feel at home.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The humidity in the room was very high, and we didn't even run the tub/shower. There was a damp film covering the tile flooring that was very slippery. The base of the commode had what appeared to be remnant urine and excrement streaming down it from a previous guest that had not been cleaned prior to our stay. The lack of confidence in cleanliness was so bad that we would not put our feet on the floor without shoes on. The hotel was very run down. It appeared as though it may have recently gone through a change in ownership and they may be updating, but there sure is a very long way to go.

The staff was pleasant. The bedding seemed clean and sanitized due to the condition and odor of bleach.

Illinois
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I love everything about this hotel. I've stayed here multiple times and I've never had an issue.

Everything! It's a perfect place to stay. It's comfortable and quiet at night. Good place to stay if you have children.

I would probably stay there again if I needed to.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn’t like having to wait 10 minuets to check in because no one was behind the desk. The lighting in the room was weird because it was all from one lamp.

I liked how clean the room was and how soft and fluffy the bed and pillows were.

The time spent there was ok.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hair dryer was broken, light fixture was broken, no enough light in the room, found an empty pack of cigarettes and a q-tip under the edge of bed. Air conditioner wouldn’t stay on. Maid turned the air conditioning down to 60 degrees. TV remote needed new batteries. A very nice maintenance man replaced the hair dryer, light fixture & remote batteries. All in all, the room wasn’t terrible. The staff was very polite and professional. No opinion on the breakfast. We didn’t partake.

Great hotel that needs a lot of improvement in staff training and housekeeping.

Bathroom was dirty, there was no TP, and tub drain was clogged with about a head full of hair. When we checked in, they wanted a $50 deposit on top of room payment... this was not stated in booking.com. The attending clerk put that on my credit card even though I said I wanted to pay that in cash. When I started to pay my deposit with cash, I noticed it had already been charge do my card. Mistake? Scam? Not sure, just glad I noticed it before I paid cash and then would not have been able to get it back because receipt said it was paid with card.

The building itself was nice. Great attention to detail and decor. Looked like a high end hotel. Beds were comfortable and rooms were spacious.

Deceptive Listing
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We went expecting a 3 star hotel that was very nice based on reviews. This is a 2 star at most. They were renovating. The rooms were dark. Some of our lights didn't work. There were dark stains on the carpet. The hallway had a weird smell. The breakfast was a continental breakfast and the listing said it was good. The only beverage was coffee. No water even. We arrived at 11:30pm and were told we'd need to wait a bit because someone was going to check to make sure our room was clean. Check in was 4pm; we we're well past that and shouldn't have needed to wait. We received no housekeeping service day to day. The toilet seat had divots in it because of the cover.

The front desk staff was friendly. It was an ok distance from downtown.

Poor sound isolation in room, could hear mid-level...

Poor sound isolation in room, could hear mid-level conversations from hallway. Breakfast was poor, very little hot food or real choice. Staff was pretty indifferent and contingency charge of $50 seems unnecessary.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

My husband and I have been coming to Indianapolis about...

Some cosmetic maintenance should be done ( water marks on ceiling, drapery would not open, badly chipped paint)

My husband and I have been coming to Indianapolis about once/ month for his medical proceedures and have tried a few inexpensive motels due to living 3 hours away and often having early morning appointments or a post-procedure need to stay close to the hospital. The night clerk at this location went above and beyond in assisting me and the property provided amenities as advertised, unlike some of the other properties we have tried.

Great Place with cheerful personel.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hall carpet was very much in need of serious cleaning.

Stall, especially the check In persons and breakfast person were gracious and helpful. Room decor was very nice. Public transportation was close. Too few restaurants nearby.

Nice stay

Was concerned that there wasn’t a mattress pad or pillow protectors.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a very nice sized room. It was a busy area but you couldn’t hear much noise from inside the room. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an affordable room. Construction going on but didn’t see or hear any thing from them.

THE FRONT DESK CLERK HIS NAME WAS MANNY.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

THE BATHROOM DIDN'T HAVE A ROLL IN SHOWER PER THE AD I SAW. I EVEN CALLED TO MAKE SURE AND THE ANSWER WAS YES, BUT NO. THE LOBBY AND HALLWAYS WERE VERY HOT AND HUMID. THE ROOM NEEDED SOME MINOR WORK DONE I REPORTED THEM TO THE FRONT DESK AND IT WAS NOTED. HANDICAPPED ROOMS ARE VERY SMALL. WE GOT THERE ON A REALLY HOT DAY AND THE POOL WASN'T IN ORDER UNTIL THE NEXT DAY AFTER 4PM. MY STAY WAS ONLY 2 DAYS. I PICKED THIS HOTEL BECAUSE OF POOL AND ROLL IN SHOWER AND BOTH FAILED ME.

THE FRONT DESK CLERK HIS NAME WAS MANNY. HE DESERVES TO BE PROMOTED, PAY RAISE OR SOMETHING. HE'S EXCELLENT.

Good visit

The Hotel overall what's clean my room was clean The bathroom was well stocked with towels and tissue The refrigerator what's clean and working

good for one night.

the breakfast could have been prepared better and it was not enough to feed all of the quest. the orange juice was very bitter not good at all.

the room was quiet but this stay was on a weekday.

terrible and i don't plan to stay there again.

breakfast was poor, clean sheets and working tv for my child would have been great. stayed there last year and it was ok

bed sheet and pillow case looked dirty. tv didnt work

I felt like I was staying in filth.

The room smelled. The box springs seemed broken because the bed made noises with any move. The room felt dirty. The hall carpets was filthy. I felt very uncomfortable at this hotel. It desperately needs painting, cleaning and remodeling. The curtain was duck taped with black tape.

Price

We will never stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We traveled with children. There were random people sleeping in the lobby. There were also people walking in off the street to do what I'm not sure. One woman walked in with her entire bra showing and went straight back past the check in desk. The back door by the pool is not locked and people were coming in and out. We did not feel safe. For breakfast there was waffles, cereal, bagels and apples. That is not a continental breakfast.

Not happy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of the reasons for booking was the pool which on arrival we found was down for service and repairs. Had I known that when booking would not have stayed there. The first day we arrived back at the hotel to find the room had not been cleaned or serviced in any way. When questioning the front desk I was advised all staff had gone home. Approximately a half hour later front desk called to say they were bringing someone in.

See above.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not being told in advance that the pool was closed. The limited nature of the breakfast and being checked into the first room that needed repairs and was not inspected properly. I was in the hotel business for 35 years and know what room inspections are supposed to reveal.

The soft water and the mattress comfort.

Staff was friendly but would not stay at hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were ants/bugs in the room. The TV never worked even after reported. The shade would not go up/down to let in any light. AC was turned off when room was cleaned so very stuffy upon return.

The beds were comfortable

They put me in a room with a ozone generator which stated on...

They put me in a room with a ozone generator which stated on the machine only to be used in unoccupied spaces, potential heath hazard. I didn’t realize it at first, since I have never seen the machine. I thought it was a dehumidifier. I tried to take a nap, but I kept coughing because of the smell. The room smelled like bleach/chlorine. I couldn’t sleep though I was tired from traveling, so I went to the front desk to switch my room. Luckily they did, but the representative didn’t know what machine I was talking about until I showed her a picture of it. They also don’t have late check ins, which doesn’t work well for me and my friends since we travel to run races and need showers after the race and before flights.

Unprofessional Staff

I had a cigarette burn in my comforter, outlets that didn't work, strange guests. The staff was not very professional or attentive. The breakfast was stale. The bathroom tile was was horrible, the hair dryer had fallen off the wall and was never remounted so it was just sitting on the sink.

It was close to the meeting place. The bedroom was clean for the most part.

Wouldn't go again but good place to at least lay your head!!

When we got there they have us the wrong room and straightened that mistake up then the next night we got back to our hotel and they told is all our stuff was moved to a different room which it wasn't but my stuff was locked in our first room took forever to resolve the situation!! Only one staff member was polite the rest were very rude!!!!

The rooms were nice and the first receptionist was amazing

A disappointment all wayaround

Dirty hallway carpet Non smoking room had odor of mustiness and cigarette smoke pool area was not inviting at all

Breakfast almost did not exist poorly stocked there were no eggs to fluff no pastries Only flavored coffee creamer, yuck!

If you need an inexpensive place to sleep, that's what it is. Bring disinfectant wipes.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was filthy. There was crud all over every single surface. The phone looked like someone had eaten a whole bag of Cheetos over it, then dialed without wiping. There were dark, curly hairs all over the bathroom, and I have to wipe the toilet down before we could even use it.

The place was, at one point, pretty nice, the room we had was spacious. Parking was easy, and there was plenty of it, even though the hotel was fully booked.

This hotel is dirty. I would not recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived on the property at 2:45 and was told that check-in wasn't until 3, however we would still not be able to check in until 3:30 or 4. I have never had this experience and it was an inconvenience. We went back at 4 to check in, and the desk clerk was having issues with the computer is they had just changed systems with Wyndham. It took us 20 minutes to get registered. We got up to our room, and it wreaked of cigarette smoke. We went back down to the front desk, and I told the clerk that I wanted a different room and that I did not want it by the elevator. She said I would need to go to a room that they put us in because I booked the room through booking.com. She proceeded to want to argue with me about it, and I told her I did not care what she thought as I was a paying guest, had paid for my room already, and it was not satisfactory to begin with. She then relented and put me in a room away from the elevator. We got to our room and there were stains on the comforter and pillow cases. I let them know about this, and housekeeping immediately took care of it by putting all fresh bedding with no stains on it. This was satisfactory. We had checked in on Saturday afternoon and stayed Saturday and Sunday night. However, when we went down for breakfast on Sunday morning at 8:55, most everything was put away and there was even very little coffee left. Unfortunately, as I got out of the shower on Monday morning, I noticed dirt showing through from the towel mat on the floor. The tile was absolutely filthy. I also then noticed that the toilet needed to be cleaned under the rim. I asked to speak to the manager when we checked out, and I showed him the pictures of the towel mat, toilet, and sheets. He said he would compensate us for one hotel night stay. I didn't feel we could go anywhere else because there was a home Colts game and I had a hard enough time trying to find a room as it was.

I liked that the manager said he would reimburse us for a night after I explained to him the problems that we had and showed him pictures.

Average at best for a quick one night stay. Would not recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Received call saying they were “overbooked,” so we were required to change our accommodations from two double beds to one king bed with a pull out sofa bed. This was not real comfortable. Sheets were not particularly clean.

Staff was efficient and friendly overall. Room was ok with no major issues.

I am looking forward to seeing the renovations and clean up next time.

Some of the staff were pretty unprofessional...didn't dress professionally at all...they weren't doing much and the place needed cleaning ...the gym was gross with food on the floor...our room wasn't dusted...the fan in the room wouldn't stay on to keep air circulating.

The front desk manager and the woman who looks after breakfast were great. The bed was comfortable.

overall was a good place to stay worked out well for traveling thru Indianapolis

Breakfast wasn't that good was nothing like the pictures in there ad

Nice room clean and comfortable good location resteraunt within walking distance

Quick stay. Good for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Odor in hallway. Overall feel leading up tp room was dirty. Room was not real clean behind beds and less conspicuous places.

Bed was comfortable. Price was good.

The Easiest Reservation and Best Hotel Stay I've had in a long time

It was late, it was literally a last minute booking and I got a great deal at a very nice location through the booking.com app. The only negatives were that the breakfast was mostly gone by 9:30 ish when I could get down there after my conference call and the wifi went out in the middle of my work in the morning. Otherwise the hotel was great! Any other concern I had the staff was on top of immediately.

Some of the staff were very attentative to our needs.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were suppose to have a king suite but instead we received two double beds. The hot water was not working in the bath tub. The floors were obviously not swept. My husband was threatened by a guest and he was not removed from the property. Opp

Some of the staff were very attentative to our needs.

So disgusting and disappointing
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The pool was chipping paint and the jacuzi wasn't even working

The breakfast was a complete Joke. Was actually so nasty I would not have eaten anything. The coffee cups were so small you would need to stand beside the pot and refill after a couple of sips.

Needs a update.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very slack and poor. Not near enough selection, just overall bad! Room was not clean, hair in the bathroom, whirlpool didn't work and pool was very old looking.

Close to what we had to do.

It was conveniently located close to the freeway.

The WiFi at this property is horrible. I was staying for work and had to leave to go to Panera to use there WiFi because the hotels WiFi kept going in and out and kicking me off line several times.

It was conveniently located close to the freeway. Room was clean and spacious.

It is clean and not too expensive
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

What I don't like is you could hear people from next door talking and everything they do. If you live in a second floor maybe you could hear downstairs room next door talking. I can't even sleep at night.

It is clean and not too expensive

It was ok just not what we’re used to.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Needs renovation, looks like they were cutting costs to get by. Fading and dirty carpet, wall paper peeling off the walls and our bed sat lopsided and was noisy because they used two twin sized box springs for a king sized mattress.

It was located off I70

Clean room but poor overall.

The entire building was in need of major repair. The walls and door frames were very beatup. They did not have the room I booked and was placed in a room with 2 full beds. The staff were eating fast food at the desk and licking their fingers while checking me in. The key cards kept messing up and needing to be redone.

The room was clean.

PERFECT STAY!

Wonderful place to stay!! The cleanliness was perfect! When I first walked into my room, it smelled heavenly. The bed was super comfy. I will definitely return when I travel there again.

HORRIBLE, and DISAPPOINTED IN THE PLACE
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The desk evening and overnight clerks were awefull evening clerk was so busy on phone with Husband talking personal things and overnight clerk was cursing and screaming at a guest calling to book a room cause she was busy and told him to wait real hateful. The pool was not open they. Said it would ein an hour. That is reason we stayed there it finally opened when we were checking out. Got to our room and there were two bugs in one of the beds we were moved to another room. The carpets in hall was so stained and dirty. Mold on bathroom ceiling and elevator floor was so sticky my shoes stuck to floor. And the breakfast was none we had to pay $1.00 for each piece of bacon we wanted no milk and opened boxes of cereal on counter no food was on bar. Horrible place.

After they moved us to another room it was clean and bed comfortable.

I will never stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The reception was so rude. No one was at the front desk majority of the time. Some of the hotel room had things that needed to be fixed. It wasn't what it seem.

The Housekeeping on the first floor was the only nice people there.

It's not a place that no one should stay at, it not fit for a DOG.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For one the area it was in, the management and staff was rude and very disrespectful and the place had Bed Bugs in rooms and water leeks , the ice machine didn't work and broke down beds , it was really bad and outside area look like a swamp.

Nothing at all, it was the worst place I have every stayed at.

uncomfortable and not kept up.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Weeds grown up around the building, bed was very bad too soft and rolling toward middle. The pillows were small half size. Not many choices for breakfast only 2 cereals, no tea, no yogurt and it was only 8am., the check out clerk wasn't at the desk for 10 minutes. We won't be back.

Parking lot was lit

It was less than desirable.

Staff wasn't eager to help us upon checkin and the hotel just felt dirty. Had stayed there several years before and it has definitely went downhill.

The room was fine.

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Requested a early check-in days before I got there and even tho I didn't get there until 3:15 pm my room still wasn't ready and their were at least 6 other people also waiting to check in. Hotel carpet was dirty, stained -when i did get into my room flushed toliet and it ran the whole night- iron board in room but no iron, window dirty- I exercise regularly and the fitness room is a joke-not 1 weight in the room- no tv- no water in water dispenser wasn't even plugged up-garbage can was full at 9am and I'm pretty sure I was the only 1 who used the fitness room all weekend. Hotel walls need fresh coat of paint they were just dirty,beat up. Not much of breakfast selection and microwave could use a cleaning.

Everything was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. Would like to have PLAIN yogurt for breakfast. The pool was closed The first room had water dripping fram the ceiling in the bathroom

Never again. A disgrace for Baymont Chain

General distasteful filthibess and poor oversight.

Terribly managed, facilities extremely dirty, sheets and towels not properly placed. No cups in room. Breakfast has very limited choice in a quite dirty room. Feel sorry for the workers as clearly no management oversight

Highly disappointed in this Baymont location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The description on the hotel website and booking.com are completely inaccurate. The hot tub has been broken for 7 years and now the swimming pool pump is also broken. The pool is non functional (they say) as of last week. The locked door to a filled pool is always unlocked and the outside door to the pool from parking is also propped open and not locked. Unsupervised kids or anyone from outside can walk in and take the elevators to the rooms without going past the front desk and without a hotel key card. The pool and pool area looks significantly under maintained with chipped and discolored paint. The business center is closed "by Managment" until further notice. The fitness center has no towels, no TV (the tv mount is in the wall but it's gone) and the water dispenser is unplugged and empty. Wall paper in the halls is peeling off - air filter cover on the room air conditioning won't stay closed. Hot breakfast exists via a toaster and microwave for your bagels - IT DOES NOT EXISTS like the pictures showing a serving tray of hot sausage and eggs. As I said the staff at the front desk is friendly and are doing the best they can. But the lady taking care of stocking breakfast items seems like she's afraid people will eat more than they should and when the Fruit Loops needs restocked she says they are out (when actually they must be limiting the number of boxes for the day because there is more stock in the cabinets underneath. The room cleaning staff doesn't smile or greet you as you're passing by them - they don't seem to like their jobs or the people they have to deal with. Try for an extra towel and you might have to wait until the wash is finished - there is aparantely a shortage. There is a Bob Evans next door which was quite handy.

The front desk staff was friendly even if they could not address the problems of the property.

Was good for sleeping. Broken facilities,broken promises
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No Wi-Fi security so no devices would connect. Pool closed for cleaning for 4 days. No one cleaning. Clerk said she would discount stay because of pool and no discount given. Don't think I will use this app again.

Comfy bed

Not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entire hotel was dirty would have changed hotels after initial entry if we had options. The continental breakfast was extremely underwhelming. It had little to offer and this area was dirty too. Do not stay here and Booking you guys should remove this option for future customers as there is no value at this Baymont.

Gen Con 2017
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Property is beginning to show a bit of age, the room was acceptable, but we did have to get moved because of a toilet that refused to properly flush. The staff was friendly and helpful, but you are getting what you pay for. It was a solid deal, but just be aware.

Definitely Great Accomodations for price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location. I couldn't open my windows.

I liked the nice beds. The bathrooms were nicely decorated. The flat screen tv was pleasant also.

We didn't stay because there was no water

Staff was really nice, and the room was clean... but there was no water at all in the room. Even after returning to the room after late lunch, there still wasn't water to flush toilets or take a shower.

Staff

Nothing filthy room, toilet did not work, TV remote did not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Same as above, I think I should have a total refund for this experience

Nothing filthy room, toilet did not work, TV remote did not work and room smelled bad, breakfast was the worst I have ever had

We will not be visiting this Baymont again.

When we checked in, the associate at the desk took a personal phone call throughout the check-in process. Based on over-hearing her conversation with the person on the phone, the call was not an emergency, and she should have said to the person on the phone--I believe it was her adult daughter--that she would call her back when she was not working. But, she did not do that. She continued her conversation. Incredible! Our room was not that clean. Even though it was a non-smoking room, there were cigarette ashes on the floor by the bed. When we mentioned it at checkout, the associate did not even apologize for it. The air conditioner in the room was loud and never shut off--even when we turned it off at the unit!! We did not sleep at all!

Terrible conditions, dirty room, and rude staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We checked in and went to our room which was dirty. The bedspread and pillows were stained there was hair in the tub, and the corners of the floor had not been swept in quite some time. We went to the lobby and asked for our pillow cases an dbedspread to be replaced. Staff was very rude with our request and told us it just wasn't going to happen, they were overbooked and had no pillowcases or beadspreads to replace our dirty ones. We asked for extra towels as we had 4 people in our room and only 2 towels and again they were rude and said no. We ended up going out to the mall to purchase our own clean pillow cases, blankets, and 2 towels to use for our trip. The second day housekeeping did not come at all to empty the trash or give us fresh towels. They did finally come in on the third day and emptied the trash. The breakfast was skimpy it was a continental breakfast of that with a couple bananas and apples, cereal boxes, and toast, and even though we were down by 6:45-7am most mornings there was hardly anything there. The hotel itself was very rundown, room numbers were haphazardly placed, carpets stained, doors looked like they had been kicked in at times, and the vent in the bathroom had dust buildup that someone painted over instead of cleaning. We come down to GenCon in Indianapolis every year and will never stay here again, between having to get breakfast elsewhere and buying our own towels and pillowcases we did not save money on this trip like we expected and we would have been better off staying elsewhere for more money. I do not give this 2.9 stars, the app calculates this, I would give it zero.

The location was easy to get to, but extremely run down. The Holiday Inn across the street looked like a luxury hotel in comparison and we would have left if rooms weren't booked everywhere for GenCon.

Parking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't the most tidy. The shower water took awhile to drain. The nasty pool water with hair in it! Bird feces,spiders & cracked floors in the pool area.

Parking.

We felt cheated for the price

Pool was greenish & hot tub not in service Breakfast so sparse we had to go to McDonalds for a sausage buiscuit

What eggs, no hot breakfast items served

The front desk was very nice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good at all. I also could never get into my room. I always had to have someone come up with a machine to get the door to open and they didn't do anything about it.

The front desk was very nice.

if your looking for an over priced dump you found it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a dump, pool filthy, hot tub broken, smoke free room smelled of smoke, paint chipping off ceiling in bathroom, double booked our room giving access to our room to strangers, workers were no help.

It was stressful
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was sketchy, there were creepy people hanging outside all night playing music from his phone. No one did anything about it. TV kept going out. It was dark and unsettling

The bed was comfy

We were not charged for the the due to inconvenience of no TV and missing smoke alarm.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

TV did not work - SMoke alarm missing - wires hanging from ceiling where alarm should have been. A bit on the scruffy side. Staff hard to locate.

The beds and pillows were GREAT -

Travel on business weekly from Cincinnati to Indiana
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The Hotel overall needs to be reconditioned, carpet, walls painted, moldings along the floor were coming off in large pieces. Outlets would not work, remote for the television was difficult to work.

The Halls were soiled on two separate floors; the blow dryer did not work in the room and the cost of the room was very expensive compared to the quality of the Hotel.

You get what you pay for

The landscape needs attention weeds out of control there was hair in my room they ran out of coffee good price but you get what you pay for with this place wont stay again going across street next time

Don't expect too much -- large rooms but dodgy maintenance
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Management is unprofessional. Clearly an older property showing signs of wear: stained carpets, fraying paint jobs. Poor maintenance. The room was reasonably clean inside but public areas did not inspire confidence. "Continental breakfast" but poor selection -- my second morning, I didn't bother. The swimming pool is small and I doubt it's very clean.

Convenient location -- easy access to I-70 and I-465. There is plenty of space in the room. Bed was comfortable.

The stay was perfect for what I was looking for.

When morning arrived, I soon learned my wife didn't have a very good rest. She had seen an insect in the middle of the night during a bathroom trip, and started worrying about bed bugs. While I didn't share the same concern or worry, I can't control what she thinks, but I do know there is a general concern about bedbugs these days. It should be noted that later that day, I suggested she search on the internet to see if anyone else had reported the location for that problem, and she didn't see any reports. Also, she looked at photos and came to the conclusion the bug she saw was probably a beetle. Also, we aren't frequent travelers, but we weren't very impressed with the breakfast, as compared to places we've stayed at for about the same rate or less. This is not a complaint, and it could very well have been directly related to the time we went down there (perhaps halfway through the serving hours?). You asked, otherwise I wouldn't be commenting.

The location was very convenient to the interstate, and convenient to where I had been earlier in the day, and where I planned to be after staying; all that was part of my decision to stay. I thought the place looked well-kept; I didn't inspect it. The room was comfortable and I really liked the style of room-darkening (vertical blinds/curtains/whatever they were; that is the first time I'd seen them).

The outside appearance left a lot to be desired and it...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside appearance left a lot to be desired and it appears the property is in disrepair. The room#s were off the wall, carpet was coming up, hot tub broke, breakfast was okay and all the landscaping was overgrown or not trimmed.

Not what I expected.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning was out in front lobby at hallways, however the air conditioning worked in the rooms. One of two of our rooms was not made up. Went to front desk to get towels that weren't replaced from not cleaning room. None available at front desk, was told housekeeping would bring them when they got in. Towels did not arrive before we had to check out.Food from previous guests still in refrigerator. Had to request a receipt, one was not offered.

Friendly front desk staff.

it was terrible and i want a refund
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty,the elevators were slippery from the water tracked from the pool,there were kids running thru the halls knocking down room numbers and yelling the shower was clogged u was standing in 6 inches of water the toilet didn't flush right the bed had a piece of metal sticking out of it and cut my leg I asked for another room they told me no it was just horrible

Don't understand how this review came out as 2.5. Should have been lower.

Worried about our safety and the safety of the rental car while there. At breakfast we were the only people besides staff who were hanging around. There was minimal food because I don't think there were any other guests.

This is a failing motel. It is dirty, smells bad and should be avoided. Rejected first room because of smoke smell. Second was slightly better because of more room deodorizer. Sheets were questionable. We were uncomfortable the entire night and checked out as soon as

Overall very pleasant and accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was skimpy and rooms are dark. Well decorated but need more light or an option to open curtains. One morning the hotel ran out of towels.

Clean. Great price. Great location.

I will not stay here again.

The reason I chose this hotel was because there is suppose to be a working Jaquizzi and it was suppose to have a buffet style breakfast. Neither of these were true, the jaquizzi you show in your pictures has been close for 7 years I was told and the breakfast was a continental, stale, had gnats and fruit flies in the containers with the stale food. Never again will I stay here or trust information from the website. I complained at the facility and was offered no apologies of compensations. I also had to ask 3 times to get some towels and the toilet constantly clogged.

the bed was comfortable

Nice property but their housekeeping budget could be increased-styrafoam cups to drink from

Healthier selections for breakfast Better coffee

Facilities were lovely.. nice pool, nice rooms Front desk staff mostly friendly, housekeeping somewhat friendly

Room was OK but missing cups.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Checking in took 25 minutes and there was only one person ahead of me. I was ignored for nearly 20 minutes and then told the computers were slow. Rooms were not ready at 5:30PM. Noise and gathering in parking lot until almost mid-night. People sitting in beat-up cars in handicapped spaces staring at clientele. Something was happening: perhaps, drugs. Definitely not a place I would stay with my wife or wife and family. Terribly disappointed with Wyndham. Staff needs training in courteous communications with customers and less open communication with other staff about personal concerns.

Room was OK but missing cups. Had to go down to the restaurant area to get cups for bathroom and in-room coffee machine.

Better places to stay for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Assigned a room still occupied by another guest. New room was hastily prepared and poorly cleaned. Had one king sized bed instead of 2 double beds, as previously reserved. There were stains on the threadbare carpet and food spills on the comfortor. Dirt/mud prints on the lower half of the bathroom door. Coffeemaker and coffee, but no cups.

The bed was firm. Nice decor. Receptionist was pleasant. No bugs

Good value but dirty facility, be warned

This hotel is very dirty from the lobby to the hallways including the pool, there are bugs in the rooms. No hot breakfast as advertised, just waffles you can heat in the toaster.

The staff was helpful when needed. The design of the room was nice.

Browse Baymont by Wyndham Indianapolis East traveller photo gallery