Reviews of Comfort Inn Jackson 3 stars

465 Briarwood Drive, Jackson, MS 39206, USA

#5 of 28 hotels in Jackson

Staff were amazing.

Could use some updating but very clean and comfy!!

Staff were amazing. Food excellent! Room comfortable. Can’t beat the price. Would definitely stay again

The Bed was worth it! The bed was better than the Holiday Inn Express we stayed at!!

The common areas could use some remodeling and our bathroom definitely needed remodeling.

The bed and updated room was very nice. Breakfast was more than continental, actually filling.

Average

Pool area wasn't comfortable and pool didn't look like it had been cleaned in some time Check in staff processed the payment to the wrong credit card, despite me requesting the alternative and physically handing her the card. Not a big deal, just a nuisance as I ended up incurring a small fee for an international transaction, when the card I gave her was specifically for such transactions.

We only spent one night there whilst driving to Tennessee, the rooms were clean and beds were comfortable enough. Couple of restaurants close by within walking distance.

The customer service was the best.

The customer service was the best. She didn’t just treat us like visitors but like family. Will recommend this to anyone who wants a good night sleep. 🤩🤩🤩

Disappointed with the way the property is maintained.

Staff could have been more friendly and energetic. Property is dated and is in need of upgrading. Lights in the hallway were either out or flickering. This tells me the management team just doesn't take pride in their work or the place they are employed.

The staff are very friendly and the location was perfect!

The room I had did not lock or close. Took them a hr to give me another room. Need to put fresh water out in the lobby and keep the juice machine plugged in after breakfast instead of pulling the plug out right at 9:30.

The staff are very friendly and the location was perfect! The beds are very comfortable also.

Decent hotel

Our room was close to the elevator and it was really noisy. The worst part was the internet connection which was very poor.

Location, cleanness, breakfast, TV channels

Ok for price, friendly staff and location , need to delete on gps Hampton inn and add comfort inn in

Room Carpet was dirty did not replenish coffee packs for next am, did not leave bath mat towel for next am nor shampoo, only left one used coffee cup for next day

Staff

I always stay at this hotel every time I stay Jackson and it...

One thing I didn’t like was that they gave me a dirty room. They should have had a list of rooms that were clean before assigning me a room, but they did fix the problem and assigned me another room and it was spotless.

I always stay at this hotel every time I stay Jackson and it is amazing!!! The location is perfect and the beds are very comfortable!!! Breakfast is always amazing and their staff is also amazing!!!

Excellent staff but would not stay again .

The motel is dated and needs attention. Door to the room I reserved for my sister and 97 year old is in need of attention. Almost locked my sister out with my Mom inside the room.

Staff was excellent.

This property needs some attention by the owner for a better guest experience.

This property is in need of a refresh. There was an strong odor in the hallway outside of the elevator, lots of items need to be fixed (bathroom door would not close due to high spot on floor tile, sloppy workmanship on paint and trim throughout hotel). When I was checking out, staff members were cooking in breakfast area (it was closed to guests after 10:00) had to ask someone to get up and print out my invoice. I can't recommend this property to other travelers.

The hotel was quiet and the rate was low in comparison to other hotels in nearby cities.

It’s a Comfort Inn. Low price. Good bed. Marginal facility.

Seemed short staffed. Heavily perfumed lobby and rooms. Location felt a bit sketchy; I worried about my car. Hot and cold water were plumbed backward. Trim falling off the wall.

Comfortable bed. Good WiFi. Inexpensive

Wonderful breakfast

Our sheets on the bed appeared dirty. They did not have laundry for guests use!

The complimentary breakfast was amazing! They had a lot of choices and they were delicious!

check in was quick and easy.

my family travels a lot ,because my son plays travel basketball. We usually stay at comfort inns wherever we are, but this one didn't live up to our expectations. The tub backed up when taking a shower.The ceilings had mold right above both beds.the fitted sheets on the bed was pulled(meaning they didn't change it).The ice machine was out on the second floor so you had to go to the 1st or 3rd to get ice.when we return to Jackson we will to be staying her again.

check in was quick and easy.

My stay was very pleasant and would recommend family and friends to stay there!!

I would rather had a choice of sausages or bacon for breakfast.

The clerk Steve went above and beyond. He made sure everything was right for me. I was alone, he even placed me up front. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was great (only wished there was bacon instead of sausages). I will return if it is the Lord's will!!

Definitely didn't live up to the 8. rating they had and won't go back

-Wi-Fi is offered for free, but it didn't work. could connect, but it never actually worked -my door didn't close... yes, my door didn't shut and I had to use the deadbolt to keep my door closed while I slept -fridge door was left open when the cleaners came through and I came back to a wet floor and I found out about it by stepping in the drainage in my socks -tub didn't drain -towels left in my room were dirty, brown streaks on a couple and some black substance on one -room service did the bare minimum. basically only made my bed -every time the A/C cut on I would smell the odor of urine -I expect the coffee in hotels to be bad, but it was extraordinarily bad

The staff was friendly

One of my favorites but not best price

There old bars of soap in the shower and on the sink like they left it...I didn't use hotel soap so it was there from last guest....not good

The bed was super comfortable but thermostat wasn't working

A letdown...no value for money

Loud people partying some rooms down the hallway, smoke odour in first room (but changed to another, allso not so fresh at least no smoke) run down and at some place smelly room and hallway

Central location next to Interstate Highway

Clean with friendly staff.

There was no way to plug the drain in either the sink or bathtub in room 131.

Clean with friendly staff. Breakfast was very complete with eggs, sausage, bakery goods, and you can make fresh pancakes or Waffles.

Although we had no problems, locals told us later that the area is not in a good part of town.

The in-room coffee was awful - didn't taste like coffee. And the lobby coffee wasn't much better. I didn't like a motion light that came on whenever one entered the bathroom - even in the middle of the night!

The bed was comfortable, the surroundings were quiet, the linens were nice - fluffy towels & plenty of washcloths. There was a good selection of breakfast foods. I liked the fact that there was a night light in the bathroom. There was a closet & room to spread out.

I would never stay here again.

I have never stayed in a room as dirty as this one. I went to turn on the light behind the chair and there were candy wrappers on the floor. I dropped a knitting needle on the floor and when I looked under this chair there was food, a pacifier and about 3/8 of an inch of dust under the chair. There was mold around the tub in the bathroom where and tub surround and the tub met and where the tub surround and the ceiling met. Almost every light in the hallway above the doors where flickering on and off all night.

Staff was very friendly and helpful

Though it was not smoking the smell of tobacco permeated the entire hotel. They were all standing just outside the doors smoking. You had to walk through it to get in. Location was horrible. Walked next door to Chili's to eat and there were two armed policemen protecting the place. Good grief, not safe! Though the hotel was recently upgraded the workmanship was so poor. I would not have had them do an outhouse, that's about what the bathroom looked like! Could not get out if there fast enough! Would never suggest it it ever return there!

We survived

First room we were assigned was a complete mess. Second room was cleaner however many things were poorly finished and the bathroom door would hardly shut.

I look forward to staying again because I know I'll get my money's worth.

I have stayed at this location several times for both business and leisure. Each time has been a pleasurable experience. The staff is also very helpful and courteous.

The rooms was large.

I had to change rooms because the bed was sinking in the middle on the first night, it was very uncomfortable. The guy at the front desk changed my room and was suppose to give me a discount and I never received it.

The rooms was large.

I had a wonderful short stay and would use them again if ever back in the area.

My only dislike was that the pool was outside.

This facility has nice beds and the breakfast was nice to. The rooms were very clean. The rooms were also equipped with up to date appliances.

Great value and very clean and tidy.

This was a stop over only. Staff are very nice and room was lovely and clean and to a high standard. Very comfy bed. Breakfast had a good variety of options. Very good value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel for over night stays.

The rooms were neat and clean and the bed was comfortable.

The price could've been a little lower. I changed my method of payment and to wait an extra day for hold to be released on my card.

The rooms were neat and clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a variety for breakfast the next morning.

I will not stay there again

The hotel was every dirty from the tub to the bed. We had to switch rooms due to the sheets having blood on them. The room was old and damp. This is a 1 star hotel.

The staff was friendly. This is the only nice thing i can say

Friendly staff, but unacceptable mold and cleanliness issues

Serious humidity issues in the room that had not been addressed. Visible mold on the ceiling in several places. Mildew on the AC unit. The whole carpet felt moist. And there were clumps of other people's hair in the bed.

Staff was nice. Good breakfast options.

The longest night I've ever had.

My issue is with the room and the cleanliness of the facility. The toilet was CLEARLY not cleaned at all and so was the tub. Short hair was in tub and not just a stand or two. My friend's room was directly across the hall and their toilet didn't work and had to be relocated to a different room on the 3rd floor. The ice machine didn't work on the first two floors and the elevator's air was out. Also we shared a double bed room. My bed was literally 6 inches taller than her's. Had to pretty much jump in bed.

All of the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The staff was very professional and courteous!

Overall the room was clean but there was some sticky koolaid like substance splashed on the bathroom floor.

The staff was very professional and courteous!

I don't think I will stay here again.

The room had a very funny smell. The AC was too loud. The cable on the TV kept resetting and interrupting viewing.

The staff was friendly and breakfast was adequate.

Comfy beds.

Room soiled. Stepped in wet spot in floor. Hair in shower. Wad of hair found in floor outside of bathroom on carpet (shown on toilet paper in photo). Room switched and another hair found on toilet paper in new room. I gave up. My prior stay my room was also dirty (soiled bedding-see previous review from earlier in the week). Lady running breakfast (Debra ?) had aversion to refilling items (. We arrived a little before 9. And all three bowls of fresh fruit remained empty the 30 minutes we were there for example). When I asked her for a bagel, she said "no,breakfast is over at 930". I checked the time and it was 930 on the dot. Super petty. So I asked a lady that I saw in the office behind the front desk (Candace?) I think she was a housekeeper. She kindly brought me one in a bag with a plate and napkin. THATS customer service.

Comfy beds. Nicely decorated. Great value. Lady during check in was friendly and helpful when my room was found to be dirty.

Very comfortable beds.

Bedding was soiled. White substance (ugh) was found in several places on brown cover.

Very comfortable beds. Nicely decorated. Excellent staff. When sheets were found to be dirty, man at front desk immediately responded to correct problem. Breakfast was excellent. Same man was there and everything was well stocked, fresh and delicious.

Enjoyable

Too tired to notice anything, other than the way my GPS told me to get there was longer than I'd like. Especially since I55 was right there.🙄 And the crowd at breakfast was kinda loud where my room was (101 I think), but it was an alarm clock too.

I am thrilled with getting my request to stay on the first floor (even though there was an elevator)! The night employee was kind and courteous!

Refrigerator in room did not work.

Refrigerator in room did not work. (Ruined food.) I bring my own food on trips (dietary restrictions) and need a working refrigerator. Mold in shower.

for the price a good value.

Left my makeup and makeup brush on top of coffee maker but when I called to retrieve it - it had not been turned in. very disapointing.

for the price a good value. Clean. CJ checked us in she was great!!!!!!

Convenient location for travelers looking for a good nights rest. Plenty of dining choices close by.

The breakfast hours don't start until 6:30AM, not early enough for some guests who's day begins at 7AM. There is not enough time for breakfast and travel to where their day begins. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom which after showering when the door is closed leaves it too uncomfortable to shave or other hygiene at the sink without sweating.

Quiet, clean, ample parking. Hot breakfast offerings(Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fresh waffles) are a definite consideration in hotel booking decisions.

Maybe bring a hazmat suit...

1.- The sheets had obvious dried throw up on them and they all smelled like it. 2.- The toilet paper had blood on it. 3.- There were a number of food crumbs throughout the room. 4.- The air conditioner only barely worked. It could not be adjusted at all.

The staff had a good attitude and was accommodating for a late check out.

Dissatisfied

Room was very musty and the A.C. clearly had mold built up inside that blew into the room. Not good for those of us with allergies. Breakfast was a mess. There was food all over place, dirty tables, nothing left when we got there at 9:10am. The staff started putting the food away as my family and others were clearly still preparing our breakfast. Overall,not a great experience.

The price was good.

The beds were comfortable but felt moist.

Eggs did not have a good taste. There was an old recipt from June 15 on the desk when we first arrived that did not belong to us. There was also hair on the pillow.

The beds were comfortable but felt moist.

Good Value.

When we first went to a room, it was not ready. We had to switch rooms immediately.

The property was located besides some restaurants that we could walk to.

Very quiet hotel and location.

Bed seemed to be slanting toward the upper left corner when looking at it standing at the foot. It bare sleeping a bit challenging.

Very quiet hotel and location. Evening staff was very friendly and helpful.

we wanted to stay there again on our return but the price...

we wanted to stay there again on our return but the price was outrageous. we went across the street and got a room with the greatest of ease for way less.

Our Place to Stay When in Jackson!

Can't think of anything. Sorry!

The staff was courteous and warm. The rooms seem more luxurious than the nightly rate would indicate and the breakfast is excellent with a lot of selections.

Great Location ,Comfort At It's Best

The Cleanliness of The Room and Great Location Right Off of The Interstate Mintues Within The Downtown Area Everything Thing Was Great Not Enough Words Too Describe It Will Be Booking Again When I Visit The Area Keep Up The Great Job Staff and Employees At The Comfort Inn Jackson,Ms 465 Briarwood Dr.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very comfortable beds.

There were groups of guys out back by the pool drinking and smoking pot at 10 pm when we checked in. Back door by pool needed key card to get in and my female friend and I were a bit uncomfortable with these guys back there.

Place was clean, staff was friendly, free breakfast and the beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good value for a quick stay, wouldn't stay long term.

The bathroom floor was sticky, there was trash/candy around one bed and behind the nightstand that my 2 year old found. Our second room had something sticky all over the entertainment center. The light in the entryway has a motion sensor that can't be disabled or overridden so whenever my children got up to go to the bathroom, it woke everyone in the room up.

The room was nice and clean. The breakfast had a lot of variety and it was spacious. The staff was kind and helpful! The location was great for our quick stop on our way home after 2 weeks on the road but it wasn't a nice location. There is a Chili's right next door that we walked to. (it was just ok, but that's a review for another time) The neighborhood wasn't great, but we didn't spend much time there.

Clean property

The elevator looked very bad. It definitely needs to be renovated.

The room was extremely clean as well as the bathroom. Hotel staff was very informative.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The front desk clerk was very good

The bed was not very comfortable. You shouldn't feel the whole bed moving when someone turns over in a king sized bed.

The front desk clerk was very good

The Best Hotel.......

Everything.......

I never seen a Hampton Inn designed and decorated so well.That whole staff need a raise.Just outstanding, especially greeting the customer's.Everyone was always smiling.They all work well as a Team. Hats off to the General Manager Allen.

Hotel itself is ok.

"Receptionist" was pig-ignorant and barely spoke, saying the bare minimum. No warm welcome not a smile, nothing. Surrounding area had a bad vibe. Car-jacking a mile away led to a child being murdered three nights before we arrived - Google it! I wouldn't recommend this for anything other than a quick stopover and don't leave the hotel. Saw a cop car sitting outside twice in the space of twelve hours.

Hotel itself is ok. Breakfast was ok. Clean enough and comfortable.

Comfort Inn-Jackson

We had a huge amount of hair throughout our bed and on the pillows (like someone had shaved themselves), so we had to change rooms at 10:30 pm - when we were very tired after a long day of driving. The new room was dirty- with a large amount of "something" smeared on one of the curtains (VERY visible), some sort of liquid all over the night table, and hair on the toilet and floor. We never complained about the second room because we just wanted to sleep and had to be up at 7am. The check out staff wasn't very friendly but check in (Tammy) was very nice. Not the stay we were hoping for, as this was a long road trip through LA and MS.

The location and the lobby looked clean

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nice place, bed was super comfy!!! We'd stay again, for sure!

Something plugged in that put some scent into the air. VERY strong. I get migraines and am very sensitive to candles, potpourri, plug-ins. My husband unplugged it the following morning so I could sit down there, enjoy the atmosphere and breakfast. I figured I'd have to eat in the room.

Breakfast was good, the eating area very modern, nice. Other reviews are correct, bed is great!

would return,but would check out my room first.

our room had two queen beds and there were only 2 sets of towels for four people.There was not any toilet paper in the bathroom and the coffee pot wouldn't work and hadn't been cleaned from the previous users.

beds were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nice room, small but comfortable.

Breakfast was typical hotel food....scrambled eggs looked like eggs but tasted like some sort of flavorless egg substitute. Sausage was not good. My husband had a waffle that he said was good. Coffee was bitter and we went to Starbucks afterward to get good coffee. There was no selection available for gluten free diners except a yogurt and really bad eggs. Juice was watered down. They make a good attempt to fill people up but I wouldn't call it good food.

Nice room, small but comfortable. Very comfortable bed and pillows and linens. Attractive, clean bathroom. Clean carpet & tile. It was a quiet and restful evening.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Good stay for the money. Friendly staff.

I didn't get my week's schedule until Monday morning so was unable to cancel Tuesday night reservation and got charged for 3 nights instead of 2.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Pleasant 3-day stay

The only thing I disliked - and strongly disliked - was the motion-sensor LED light at the room door. While it may be good when coming into the room at night, being blinded by it when getting up to the bathroom during the night was annoying.

Spacious, comfortable rooms. Best bed I've experienced in a hotel in a long time. Quiet, despite being on the Interstate side of the building. Lots of dining options nearby. Terrific staff. Good selection of hot and cold items on the breakfast bar - including make your own waffles and pancakes.

Good value, comfortable rooms and there is a pet deposit.

I traveled with my dog and was not aware of the $25.00 pet deposit. I did not find out until I checked-in.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the breakfast was good.

Extremely comfortable bed.

You could tell the property has seen better days (elevators work, but inside quite beat up), but they are doing the best they can with what they have. Do not eat at the IHOP across the street. Chilis was packed, as a bus arrived just as we also checking in to the hotel. Property is fenced in, so only one entrance/exit made it challenging to find a parking place, but we did.

Extremely comfortable bed. Room was very clean. Lovely staff. Easy on/off highway.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

A welcoming staff and ample breakfast made our stay smooth and stress free.

We had a non-smoking room but on our last night cigarette smoke intruded into our space in the bathroom and at the head of our bed. The beds though fancy, were too high for me to get in and out of. I'm 5' 2" so I felt worried about injuring my back again. The hotel website might do well to let future customers know about the bed height. The beds were comfortable though with plenty of pillows.

Every staff member I met were doing their jobs well and with a pleasant attitude. The breakfast was kept well stocked and clean. There was ample room for seating even when a tour bus group was present. Checking out was easy and the front desk staff were sincerely concerned with making our stay comfortable. They put us on the first floor which was appreciated since we had our 5 pound Yorkie with us. Out of courtesy for the next occupant, we never allowed the dog to room freely in the room. The bathroom was not carpeted so it was a great place to put the dog's food and water bowls.

Pleasantly surprised.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. You could actually go down to the lobby area and watch tv and grab a coffee. In the early hours of the morning. This was great as you did not have to disturb your associate who was sleeping.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Nice place to get some rest in north Jackson

We were given keys to a room that hadn't been cleaned, but the lady at the front desk sorted it immediately

Bed was very comfy, staff were friendly, breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Better than expected!!

The site didn't have grits. For a location in the south having only oatmeal is sacrelige. Power to site occurred the 1st evening, I know it was beyond their control, and was restored within 90 min. just wish I had some info as to what had happened.

Eggs were good, would have preferred bacon to sausage. Bed was nice and soft. Internet worked flawlessly.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Clean, comfortable rooms + great brerakfast offerings

The overall condition of the property needs to be refreshed. It appears that it has not been taken care most recently. Perhaps funding from the parent organization would be helpful to bring the interior to appear fresh and in order.

Clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was always ready to assist with any guest's nee4ds,

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Won't stay here again.

We told them we wanted a quiet room because we were going to rest when we got to room. But an employee went down the hall slamming each door supposedly checking each room. Very unnecessary. Also no pillowcase on one of pillows and bed had dip in it on one side.

The front desk clerk was very friendly and signed me up for Rewards.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Incredible value for the cost and felt like I was at home.

I have no complaints about the hotel or staff or service I received.

The bed and the pillows were absolutely incredible and I got the best night sleep I've had in a hotel in a very long time

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great stay. Will book again!

The staff were very professional and friendly. The room was always clean and replenished with plenty towels and toiletries. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Smart Stay

Overall this was a good hotel with good amenities and a reasonable price. Staff was friendly and helpful when we asked questions about nearby restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Better than most higher priced hotels or motels.

Bed was ultra comfortable. Different type of pillows was a very positive touch. The room was large and had everything we needed or could want. It was tastefully decorated and very clean. Very easy checkin.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

So much comfort!

There was a hole in the floor at the bathroom door. There were dirty/moldy bits in the caulk. There is a motion sensor light just inside the room door. If you have a light sleeper and a nocturnal urinator this is not a good thing.

I really enjoyed this hotel. The bed and bedding are superb! If you are looking for a comfortable night, this is your location. The temperature was pleasant. The room was a good size. The microwave and fridge were perfectly clean.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Best bang for your buck!

The front desk check in was quick and easy. Staff was very friendly even though it was a little late when we checked in. The best part was the beds; very comfortable. Breakfast was nice and many options for everyone!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Would definitely stay here again

Bed was comfortable but high. Short people might need a boost, lol. Pillows were high as well. Might want to bring your own like I do.

Quiet area, nice room. Very helpful front desk manager. Good location for where I wanted to be. Breakfast was awesome. Anything you can imagine.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Check in staff friendly, room large and bed comfortable.

Breakfast was not restocked - saw many people taking food for later and fruit/pastries were not restocked to account for this. Hotel seemed in need of an update. Description about fitness facilitates on Booking.com are false.

Check in staff friendly, room large and bed comfortable. Walkable to a couple of eateries.

Browse Comfort Inn Jackson traveller photo gallery