Reviews of Hampton Inn Jacksonville - East Regency Square 2 stars

1021 Hospitality Lane, Jacksonville, FL 32225, USA

#43 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

The rooms are nice, spacious, and easy access to the highway.

Our refrigerator began leaking the day before we left and maintenance basically told us there was nothing she could because she didn't know how to fix it and the other person wouldn't be in until the morning.

The rooms are nice, spacious, and easy access to the highway.

it was fine, but misleading in whether there were tubs in the hotel.
    • King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I booked a king room with a tub. after being moved 2 times, was told they don't have tubs , we were left in a king room with a shower. the next morning we were told the queen rooms have tubs.

The Bed was wonderful and comfy. Air in the room was perfect to temp for sleeping. Even though we were on the bottom floor near the lobby it was quiet.

Everything was clean and comfortable.

Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful when we ask questions about things to do in the area & places to eat. The breakfast was fantastic! My daughter & I left the car while we cruised & it was safe & sound when we got back a week later to get it just s promised,

This hotel was on point!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful with giving our girls adjoining rooms....however, the people who did the remodel painted the door shut, therefore, the adjoining rooms really weren't adjoining. No matter what we tried we could not break/cut the seal and the door remained shut.

The front desk was extremely friendly and helped to accommodate our party of 9 with whatever we needed. The facilities were newly remodeled and the beds super comfy. The location is perfect, close to the beaches AND the JAXPort as we were headed out on a cruise the next day. Easy access off 295.

VERY NICE AND CLEAN HOTEL

As I was looking for a property close in proximity to my son's family. It was perfect location for me. Up visiting my son who was on Leave from the Army. Your hotel was very clean, modern style in the rooms. Linens on beds were very nice and clean...plus comfy. Staff was very polite and helpful when needed. Great experience!!

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn and would likely stay here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

We had a room that was handicap accessible. The bathroom floors were extremely slick after showering and we had to lay towels all around the floor due to fear of falling. The bathroom door would not close fully.

Staff were very friendly and helpful during our entire stay. Breakfasts were suitable for our needs. Free bottles of water were available whenever we needed them. This hotel is located only about 20 minutes from the airport and it is very easy to get to in a rental car . The hotel is about a 40 minute drive from Saint Augustine which is convenient. We found nice hiking trails at the Jacksonville Arboretum which is just a couple minutes drive from the hotel. Hannah Park is about a 10 minute drive; very nice park to visit.

Enjoyed everything & would book Hampton Inn again.

No complaints.

We really enjoyed our stay. The appearance of the room was clean & styled very sheek. The breakfast was good with different choices hot or cold.

Nice, safe and clean

Rooms by the elevators are super loud. There was alot of activity all night long.

Hotel was clean amd comfortable. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was standard free breakfast fare. Not horrible, not fantastic.

If it had been quieter it would’ve been a better visit.

Rooms are not soundproof at all. Could hear every noise in the halls and rooms nearby.

Breakfasts were very good! Front desk staff especially in the evenings very friendly and accommodating.

The experience was fair but there is room for improvement especially with the breakfast options.

The walls are paper thin and I could hear everyone in the halls (including staff) and through the vent in the restroom I could hear a man bathing his daughter in an adjoining room which woke me up around 8:30 am each day. The breakfast was not up to par compared to the other Hampton Inns I have visited as the selections could have been better. A housekeeper told me that the hotel did not have any shower caps.

I was able to check in earlier than expected.

I will choose this location when the price is affordable for me. Sometimes it's over the budget

My room was noisy. There was a fan on in the bathroom that was very loud. It wouldn't turn off. I had to close the door and keep the tv on to drown out the noise to be able to sleep.

I love the location. It is near quite a few of my work sites. I don't have to travel far to get to work!

Excellent service and quality.

nothing on the part of the hotel. The weather was too cold but hotel accommodations were great plenty of hot chocolate.

Breakfast was much better than expected, something for everyone. Great Waffles and toppings.

Wonderful. Will come back

Sliding bathroom door.

Loved my bed. Loved that I asked for a quiet room and got one. Breakfast had a nice variety. Location was great. Ginger that works with the kitchen staff was the best!

Just fine

We hated the sliding door on the bathroom, way to heavy so it was hard to open & close. I also injured my arm on the latch

The breakfast was very nice.

Everyone was so nice at this Hampton, a very pleasant stay.

Barn door. Too heavy and hard to slide plus our lock didn’t line up so wouldn’t work. If one comes out of the bathroom as the other is getting something out of the closet, the closet person gets smashed by the door.

The room was so nice, recently updated. Very comfortable beds, nice pillows with both soft and firm ones, thick, soft towels, loved the Neutrogena soaps, lotion, etc. Big flatscreen tv with plenty of good channels. Plenty of lamps for light. Plugins right by the bed. I liked the new floors which resembled weathered planks. Would definitely stay here again. Entire hotel was clean and bright.

Happy then disappointed.

We wanted to do laundry and to wash one load of clothes was $4.00!! And to Dry $3.75!! Say what! this is the most expensive load of laundry I have ever done. That's just plain ripping people off. The do not disturb sign means nothing. They started construction next to my room at about 8:00am. Why do they assume people get up at the crack of dawn. At least don't put people in rooms next to the construction that is going to be going on the next morning. We walked out the front door of the hotel with about 4 people behind the desk, not one person said a word to us. Like, good morning, good day, do you need anything, have a nice life. NOTHING! And put a hold for 50.00 dollars on my card. Like what the heck do you need 50.00 for. " incidentals" for what??? Just to be a pain, 50.00 doesn't bother me on my account, but it might someone else who might need it! And you are holding 50.00 of someone's hard earned money. Come on, put new policies in order. Charge the card only if you need to. I expected way better than this.

Nice rooms.

Staff was very friendly.

Rooms are in process of getting new climate control units, unfortunately we got a room with an old one that decided to begin its death throes at 4a.m.! But the staff was very great about assigning us another room!!!

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean, no traffic noise!

Everyone was very friendly and nice. The a/c ruined my stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

The wall air conditioning that kept turning on and off kept me up all night. It blew cold, so I covered, it shut off, so I uncovered, and so on. It was the most frustrating thing I have experienced and slept less than 2 hours. In addition, I think for the price, the air conditioning should have a thermostat an run more quietly. I will not stay in this location again.

Fluffy bed, nice comfortor

IT WAS A GOOD STAY WITH A FEW MINOR GLITCHES

THE KEY CARDS DID NOT WORK. BUT THEY DID REPLACE THEM. THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME A DIFFERENT RATE THAN WHAT I BOOKED THRU BOOKING.COM. STAFF FIGHTING IN HALLWAY MORE LIKE ARGUING IN HALLWAY.

EGGS WERE FINE. CLEAN PROPERTY. GOOD BED AND PILLOWS.

Great stay overall

Either the iron and hairdryer didn't work, or the outlet in the bathroom didn't work. Either way, I was unable to use either of them.

Room was really spacious, lots of electrical outlets for cellphone chargers, computers, etc. The staff was very accommodating.

parking at night was difficult to find due to renovation...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

parking at night was difficult to find due to renovation trailers parked in lot. Never saw any renovation. Room was very clean and comfortable. Couldn't see out windows due to seals being bad and windows fogged . Nothing to look at but a vacant lot anyway. Would stay here again .

If the hotel can not grant a request made by a guest the guest should be notified ahead of time.

I requested a handicap accessible room because my husband has one leg. When arrived I was told that no handicap accessible rooms were available. Not only was the bathroom not equipped but there was no tub just a shower. The room and the people were very nice, but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone physically challenged, such as the elderly or handicapped.

Great location and wonderful staff!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

The employees were very pleasant and cordial. The location was quite easy for us to get to the places we wanted to visit. Wifi was important and they helped us a lot. Exercise room was fine.

The hotel needs to update all A/C units. Overall I would give the place a 3 stars.

The AC unit sounded like a running tractor. We stayed at room 405. Even the comforts of the bed and pillows cannot gives us a good night rest and sleep.

The pillows and the bed. Breakfast is good too.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The breakfast was great for a family traveling several...

The renovations well the fact that the fire alarm went off a few times because of them

The breakfast was great for a family traveling several things to choose from

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

DOUBLE LOCK YOUR DOOR!!!!!

That awkward moment when the desk clerk assigns you a room and you discover upon entering that room with the key she coded - only to discover That it was already occupied. It was mortifying walking in a stranger's room at 10:30 at night. This was the second room she tried to give us. The first was under construction and filled with fumes. The entire place was under construction - a fact we were unaware of when we booked. Breakfast was dismal.

Staff, close to destination

Y

They should have given a pre-warning about the renovations that are happening as you are a guest we were booked next to room being renovated and could not sleep. the toilets did not work, so we had no toilet all weekend. hammering and moving and shuffling going on all weekend did not get any sleep it was horrible. And because we booked through booking.com they would not give us a discounted rates. Never again

The bed super super comfy. The location was perfect to where we wanted to stay.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Please never refer me to a Hampton Inn

The fact when I arrived I didn't have a room.The fact the manager lied and said on the website it said the hotel was under renovation and when I looked it wasn't there.

Being honest nothing.The only person went out their way to make sure I was comfortable was the maintenance man who came to fix the toilet.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Beds were comfortable.

Hotel was under construction with hammering and power tools at 8am. Was not notified of this until my arrival with no chance of a refund. Extremely unhappy

Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Clean rooms, good location

Hotel had rooms under renovation and we were not advised of this prior to booking or check in. Was initially double charged by the hotel for my room but this was finally resolved by the manager, Jaime Smith. The front desk was extremely unconcerned with the overcharge and, in fact, blamed it on booking.com. (Booking.com was also not helpful in resolving the issue and I will not book through them again).

Rooms were some of the cleanest I have stayed in. The manager, Jaime Smith, was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Eh...

Some of the staff was unfriendly. One of the breakfast staff members made snide comments. I did not like that I was not made aware of renovation going on until I got there.

The bed and one staff member

Friendly staff and very clean room.

Exercise room only had a few machines

Friendly staff and very clean room. Breakfast was very good

Great stay

All good.

Everything was great. Staff very friendly clean room comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

one night

water pressure in shower

plentiful breakfast choices and well attended

Great, clean hotel!

Pillows, down very soft. Personal preference

Great, clean hotel!

Beautiful hotel with very Friendly staff

Overall just a great hotel to stay in

Beautiful hotel, welcoming staff, comfortable beds,...

Beautiful hotel, welcoming staff, comfortable beds, delicious breakfast, great amenities

Breakfast was great.

Like everything

Breakfast was great. Hotel was excellent

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice hotel

Good location easy to find

Breakfast & bed

The toilet & shower were dirty notify front desk and was told I had to wait.

Breakfast & bed

Everything was good

Comfort

Great ambience!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

Wall outlet beside the bed not working. Microwave pretty small!

Great ambience!

I would stay there again if I had to go to Jacksonville. It was close to shopping and restaurants.

Nothing! Everything was fantastic!!!

Everything was perfectt! The room very clean, the staff friendly and very helpful.

I got the value for my money and I enjoyed the location because of nearness to all the malls.

Nothing i

Cleanliness/breakfast

Amazing stay!

Loved everything including waffles for breakfast every day!

Excellent hotel

Such a friendly staff

Recently renovated hotel.
    • King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Recently renovated hotel. Large and clean room. Good breakfast with make-your-own waffles.

Would return if ever in Jacksonville again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

Pool was closed but was being worked on. It rained so that was no big deal.

Very clean and very comfortable.

The entire hotel was super clean, the beds and especially...

The entire hotel was super clean, the beds and especially the pillows were sooooo comfortable...I loved it there!

Relaxing stay at Hampton Inn Regency.

Bathroom door was like a barn door style, but hard to open and close.

Very nice staff, good breakfast and location.

Enjoyable

Everything!

Awaome
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/ Non-Smoking

Pool wasn’t clean. Everything else about the hotel was perfect!

Pool wasn’t clean

It was awesome

It took long for booking.com to charge my card.

My kids loved the breakfast.

Excellent facility, will come back for sure

Price could have been slightly better or had discounts available for people.

Bed was fantastic! Everything super nice and excellent

Very nice hotel

All good

Very nice hotel

staff makes all the difference!

very limited breakfast options

professional and courteous staff. coffee round the clock. well lit parking lot

nice newly updated room

breakfast should be stocked until closing time. Slept in and no bacon when I got there at 945

Liked the big bathroom

Wish there had been tubs instead of just showers

Wish there had been tubs instead of just showers

Bonus with Walmart & Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance.

Didn't receive clean towels our last night there, but I'm sure they would have given them to us if we had asked.

Breakfast was delish!

The room was perfect

There was nothing to dislike

The room was perfect

Great hotel. Friendly staff. Breakfast was wonderful.

NA

Room was at the end of the hall. Room was very quiet.

Nice clean hotel.

Clean , comfortable and nicely decorated rooms.

Wonderful stay...We will definitely return.

Everything was great...From the moment that you walk in...you know that you are in a first class establishment...

The property was convenient to what I was doing.

The property was convenient to what I was doing. Breakfast was great. The staff was friendly and courteous.

overall good stay for the price but unsafe sliding bathroom door.

the sliding bathroom door wouldn't stay on the rails and it pinched my finger several times.

everything except the sliding bathroom door

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was very...
    • King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was very clean. I couldn't have been happier!

relaxing

The room was comfortable and the bed very comfortable.

If my travels bring me back to Jacksonville, I will definitely stay at this hotel again!
    • King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Room was immaculate, bed and bedding were perfect, in my opinion. The evening cookies were a nice touch!

Poor service with customers

I could not get a refund for this stay. I will never be using booking.com

Perfect location by restaurants and Regency mall.

Excellent location, breakfast was great and staff was friendly.

Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect. Staff is awesome!

Excellent value for your stay!

I thought there should be more seating for breakfast.

Staff was very friendly, and property was very clean.