Reviews of Hampton Inn Jacksonville - I-95 Central 3 stars

1331 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA

#58 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Popcorn ceiling in our room. Kind off dated.

Every employee was friendly and helpful. Made us feel very much at home. Any request we had, i.e. taxi, places to eat, etc... very accommodating. We want to come back and stay, just to eat at the Wine Cellar Restaurant across the street. Your employees rock --- very nice people. Also, the morning breakfast was wonderful!!!! Good job for this hotel.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The AC blew very low. They offered control, but it really wasn't control. They limited the amount of air blowing out of the unit. You have to pay for wifi. Ripoff.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Since the property is older, we have to fight a bit with the a/c system to keep it cold in the room. I find that you really need to use the controls located on the machine itself (located under the window), and not use the wall unit, in order to get it to work properly.

This hotel is in a great location and is very competitively priced. I find the bed and pillows very comfortable especially at this price point.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking was a bit tricky at times. Seems there are more driving guest than parking spaces. Had the park across street at the bank and/or drive around the hotel lot hoping a guest was leaving.

The staff was helpful and nice.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom in our original room wasn't accommodating to our children as it was a shower only with no tub. When brought to the attention of the housekeeping staff on our floor she went to the front desk with us to see about getting our room changed to one more accommodating. This was done without issue.

The staff was amazing. Everyone we passed in the hall was super friendly. They greeted not only the adults but also our children with a good morning and a smile. Mechelle, Mechelle, and Octavia were an absolute delight.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Price charged was not as advertised in email...had to insist on price agreed upon in our email from booking.com. We shall see if we are credited back the correct amount. Did not want to give us a receipt!! Rooms not ready on arrival after 3, told us it would be 5 minutes but checked after 45 minutes and finally got in. Then charged incorrect price. Also charging 7$/night parking fee now.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The property was at least if not more than expected for the money. What stood out was the staff. They did a great job of being there when you needed them to be there.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi not great in the room. Unable to access a language program I do daily; had to pay $6.99 to bring it up to date.

The staff was outstanding! Nice accommodations, great breakfast. Good location if you want easy access to downtown Jacksonville.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was slightly uncomfortable and parking was minimal with no overflow options. Almost didn't have a parking spot, until they let us park in diamond level.

Room was very spacious and nice. Central location.

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When checking in, the guy asked for card on file. He said, it is just in case your son steals a pillow. He realized his mistake and apologized but still was an irritation. A lady was at the front telling the same front desk staff that she has a bad allergy to feathers and needed foam pillows. She asked very nicely to check before she goes in the room. Once the lady left, the staff mocked her and did not relay the info correctly to staff. I spoke up to make sure the message got to the maid correctly. That could be dangerous. Walls are thin. I could here a guy coughing all night and hear people talking. Kept me awake most of night.

Staff was friendly when walking the hallways. Rooms were clean and everything worked with no issues.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a bit odd, had breakfast pizzas and this spam like “bacon”, but waffles and cereals were fine.

Great location to be close to downtown with the rail system and the transit. The park next door had an unbelievable tree you just have to go see to believe! Staff was very nice.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet paper and Kleenex were as poor quality as I found in gas stations during our trip...very surprising for a nice hotel.

Bathroom was big enough to move around. Bed was comfy. Breakfast and seating area were great....waffles, bacon, egg 'muffin', fruit, etc. The coffee was available off-hours, as well as fruit.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We booked a king room with a sofa and we got a room with 2 double beds. We were looking forward for the bigger bed. When asked the front desk, we had to call twice to get a “we do not have any of those available” answer. We didn’t get any apologies or empathy. At check out, the price was almost double, and I was lucky to have asked for the receipt. Otherwise, I would have noticed it too late.

Parking was free and convenient.

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They charged me more than the price I booked the room for when I got there. It took us nearly 30 minutes to check-in and we were the only ones there. The vent in the bathroom did not work. The hotel stinks really bad and the hotel worker sat at the front of the hotel and smoked cigarettes so the lobby smelled of cigarette smoke. Both of the Belgian waffle makers were broken so we skipped breakfast the second day. We never got our room cleaned by housekeeping and we were there multiple days. Saw the cleaning crew and made sure they knew we were leaving the room. We came back just before midnight on Christmas Eve and had a stack of towels on the bed (not put away) and a note that said because we left the privacy sign on the door (which we did not) that our room had not been cleaned. We’ve been to other Hampton Inns that have been nice, and although this one was recently renovated it needs a lot more work. When we checked out they never asked if we enjoyed our visit. Told the staff about the broken bathroom vent but they acted as if they didn’t care. We travel to Jacksonville frequently but we’ll be giving another hotel a try next time.

Free wi-fi

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

AC in the room did not work well, beds are not super soft, I asked for no feather pillows and our beds were full of them, room service did not do much

The breakfast was great very good variety, popcorn and cookies in the evening is nice touch

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Coffee was good but needs to be replaced once in a while

Of all the hotels I've ever stay at this is by far the best. the staff was just fantastic friendly and helpful.went to the football game (I'm a SEAHAWK FAN) and I Even ask Candice if she ware my seahawk shirt for part of the day and she did.candice made my day. When I go back to jacksonville it will be this hotel. Thank you guys for making my trip a fantastic one

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel charged more than the Booking.com rate. The front desk claimed they fixed it, but it showed up on my credit card statement at $125 more than the Booking.com rate.

Free breakfast and close to a Skyway station for the JTA.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Got here late and was told the desk attendant had just cleaned our room. Only 1 towel, not enough soap, no shampoo and conditioner.

Comfortable beds and convenient good breakfast

• King Room with Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Great hotel with 1960s atmosphere. Friendly and extremely helpful staff. Right next to Skyway so you can zip downtown or take a leisurely stroll across the bridge. San Marco district just a 15 minute walk.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a live roach in our room the air did not work and they had air blowers running in the hallways during the day so it interrupted your day of rest.

The breakfast was good

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The carpet was stained, the toilet and bathtub were stained, the hotel is being renovated and everything was under construction. Not sure why it is opened. It has a funky smell. We changed rooms 2 times and the next day booked rooms at another hotel.

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My TV was unable to accept an HDMI cord to watch my Apple TV and you didn't have a replacement. My room smelled like cigarettes but maybe it was the construction but it had a smell.

The place was going through renovations but no issues with that.

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking.com apparently did not forward my reservation and the Hampton would not honor the confirmation # or the price. Told me to call booking.com and there is no phone # anywhere on what you print out for the trip. I was very tired and needed to visit a hurricaine damaged property. Terrible experience until one lady at the desk came over and did get me a room even waived the parking.

Very good breakfast expecially the waffles.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Can not think of one thing

There was a large selection of choices. From fresh made waffles, to cereal, to bagels and toast, to eggs, fruit, pastries, yogurt, milk, jelly, cream cheese, butter, peanut butter, Etc. I am sure I am leaving some things out. And Coffee & Tea. There was Hot Coffee all day long.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The condition of the property, although under Reno construction it would have been nice to know before hand. Construction debris very unsitley and the construction vehicles in the parking lot made parking very inconvenient. And then the leaks in the room as well as throughout the hotel. No apology or compensation was given at check out👎🏼👎🏼

Clean room

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no bacon with the breakfast, outside was under construction and some exits were blocked off. Front entrance was blocked off when we were checking out, had to walk around through the landscaping.

Breakfast was good, coffee was pretty good, room was excellent, parking was ok. Staff was friendly and helpful with questions.

• King Room with Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Renovation work was going on on the 3rd floor. A bit of a surprise. But those doing the work were very accommodating to the guests.

Staff was amazing kind, helpful & professional.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Renovation in progress, carpet dirty, rooms are small in comparison to other same quality hotels.microwave was not working.

The breakfast, swimming pool,exercise room.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were comfy, clean room, great staff & friendly! Breakfast buffet was delicious! Pool was clean & great. Great hotel to book for the 4th fireworks downtown.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Parking was difficult to get in the lot. We had to park across the street in a bank parking lot. They charged the wrong credit card 3 times. It took a week, but they were helpful in returning the money.

Beautiful and comfortable. Great location. Perfect for quick drive to the convention center we needed to be at.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

This is the second time we've stayed here and in a different room than last, they really don't have the best A/C units in room. The temperature that the wall mounted display states is definitely not what it feels like in the room (feels much hotter) and the air does not come on when you would think it should (we set to 69 degrees with Fan on High Cool and the unit did nothing even though stated temp was 71 and felt like 79) This really affected the quality of sleep of my party, unfortunately. Luckily it did come on intermittently through out the night but only for very short periods of time. Had it not come on we would have asked to move rooms (the only problem is, the hotel was sold out!). Other than this, we enjoy our stays here.

We love the location of this hotel and the friendly and accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping poor room smelled and my jacket was stolen

Staff at checkin good, housekeeping staff poor room smelled and my jacket was stolen from room

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't get the room I booked. Instead of a king bed I got 2 queens.

The hotel was fine. I was upset with the fact I didn't get the room I booked. I had to settle for something else.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

When I booked,and later when I checked again, it said that parking was free. It was not. They told us when we checked in that parking was $7, I assume per day because we only stayed one night .

Beds were comfortable. Hotel was in walking distance of several restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Room with Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were surprised the bedding wasn't changed after the first night.

Overall, our stay was fine. The front desk helped with restaurant suggestions...Very good.

No usb outlets

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was sort of tight.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The staff was very kind, and lady over the breakfast was wonderful.

Looby Thank you

Location to the highway

Traffic noise

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Business center could be better by putting it in a room for privacy.

I like that breakfast comes with staying at the hotel. Clean facilities.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The room was comfortable for a family of 4. The breakfast was great and the staff was excellent!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Expecting a queen size bed but found full size bed.

close to the hospital

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Every staff person we dealt with or passed in the hallway gave us a friendly greeting. The front desk also had a bottle opener to loan us.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

gym was terrible, cardio equipment facing a bare wall

Rooms had nice beds

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

THE FRIENDLY STAFF. PARTICULARLY HELPFUL CANDICE AND SHALINDA -SP? BUT ALL WERE VERY HELPFUL. BREAKFAST STAFF SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SEVERAL PEOPLE

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful and professional. Best service at a hotel I have ever had.

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Location to NFL stadium. walking distance to bars and Restaurant(s). Awesome boat taxi to stadium. no driving needed.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Closet doors didn't work, bathroom fan to noisy,

Food,great,staff very nice,nice and quiet

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Spa room overpriced and jacuzzi didnt work properly. Cheap tv and not many channels. Would not stay again.

It was close to the beach.

Close proximity to The Jacksonville Landing.... Check in staff were AMAZING and SO accommodating!!!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Guest making too much noise at night

I like the breakfast

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fact that I was over charge and they did not want to take responsibility for the inconvenience it caused

The distance from the field

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fake bacon and breakfast in general.

The convenience to water taxi to Everbank field.

Friendly staf

2 Rooms were dirty!

Staff responded well to dirty rooms

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was pretty good...

Under construction

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel in dire needs of upgrades, very dusty.

Great breakfast and location, excellent staff

• King with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning in the building felt like it was not working. Our room was the same way. Rather hot for Florida.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was really nice. The room was clean.

Ok

Yes Comfort and close to football

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel had a funny smell as if there had been untreated water damage

Hotel was near a nice park

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

No complaints here.

We loved the fabulous breakfast and the proximity to the Skyway which avoided using the car. It was near to everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bad smells in the hall way ( sewer ) on every floor and the lobby. Old and generally run down. Not worth half the $$

Leaving

Everything was good

Close enough to the river to walk to the river taxi

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed were not the most comfortable but they were okay

Staff was super friendly

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Beds could be more comfortable.

Breakfast was good. We liked that it was changed up each day. Friendly staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It would be great if there were like a sleeper sofa in the room.

Happy just like it was.

Hospitality was excellent, clean rooms, good breakfast, beds perfect.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I'm a bit on the tall side and my feet hung off the bed.

Loved the hot tub and breakfeast.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Hotel is great to stay for a longer period in Jacksonville. Good motivated personnel.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Closet door was off the roller, refrigerator was leaking.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Friendly staff! Clean

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

I dI'd not like the eggs. They dud not taste real and looked like the milk carton eggs.

I enjoyed the microwave and fridge being in the room. I also enjoyed the convenience of the Water Taxi.

There are also 72 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.