Reviews of Hampton Inn Jacksonville Ponte Vedra 3 stars

1220 Marsh Landing Parkway, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250, USA

#3 of 9 hotels in Jacksonville Beach

Mini Vacay

The initial room was not great. Sand in the sheets of one bed, bug in 2nd bed, and microwave did not work (had to be swapped out), in the end got a different room and that was better.

The location was wonderful. Not too far from the beach and local stores.

quiet comfortable clean good breakfast,

Beth the manager !, he checkout process,! they were overcharging me, I showed them the booking.com itemized receipt and they didn't want to honor it. The manager was aware of the rate, I had spoken with her the day before I was to arrive, she reiterated the total. I had noticed a pending charge from Hampton after my initial charges at check in, I informed the desk and was told it was a mistake but it was not removed.

quiet room good location the night desk representative D'Andrea was fantastic, she was able to fix a small problem with ease, she was warm and engaging, I hope they know what an asset she is

Given the issues I had, I'd say my stay was pleasant.

A/C in the hallways was pretty bad, especially when on the upper floors. The A/C in my room leaked, leaving a wet spot on the floor. I saw this as a minor annoyance, but I do appreciate that the hotel comped me for half a nights stay for the trouble. My TV remote barely worked and the water in the shower was pretty hard.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I had booked my room for the wrong night, but they were able to accommodate me anyway. The happy hour was fun and the breakfast was pretty good.

My family needed a getaway and we chose the Hampton this was the first time I stayed with the Hampto

The only thing I seen was that we were having a little difficulty with our air condition and the staff make sure we were comfortable by giving us another room

A very good breakfast included in the price the atmosphere of the hotel was wonderful and staff made sure that we were comfortable

Availability.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Rooms were outdated and needed some updating. Carpets and furniture in the room filthy. I tried to do laundry and they didnt have detergent and told me to go to market. Hotel just seemed dirty.

Availability....

Other than above everything else was good.

It was raining and cars were parked everywhere under the cover, so we had to unload in the rain. They mopped right around check in time and people were coming in having to walk on the wet slippery floor.

Comfy bed. Nice and quiet room.

Staff were very nice.

Staff were very nice. They hosted a wine and cheese tasting meet&greet two of the 3 nights we were there, but we were not able to attend either evening.

It was a FANTASTIC stay that totally exceeded all of our expectations!

We couldn't stay longer.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. A special shout out goes to Steven and Meg for answering questions AND recommending some TERRIFIC places for dining.

Hotel was a great value for the money close and easy access to the beach the staff was very friendly
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the coffee pot being in the bathroom

Check-in was easy the room was very clean the cleaning staff kept the room clean check out was a breeze

Convenient, will repeat and recommend

I liked everything

Beds and pillows were comfortable, rooms were clean, breakfast was great, general good and friendly atmosphere, sense of security of surrounding area was a big factor for choosing the hotel

Short quick work trip
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not much I didn't like at this location. I could hear the people in the room next to mine but it wasn't very loud just a little noise.

Very comfortable king size bed in a huge room with a small view of the ocean in the distance. I was on the 5th floor facing east which made for an amazing sunrise. Very spacious bathroom with a jetted tub. The room also had a small fridge, microwave, desk with chair on wheels and a separate lounge chair.

Satisfactory
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This hotel provided no security safe boxes in the rooms. Missed an entire day of house cleaning

Front desk was excellent in response to situations with my room

Amazing staff but needs some updates.

The beds were a little too hard for my liking and the AC runs really loud in the room, at least in our room on the 4th floor

The staff here is excellent and the location is great!

Short and sweet.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We booked this room thinking that we had booked a room with a jaccuzi tub as shown in the picture. This is the reason that we booked this hotel. We were disappointed when we did not have the jacuzzi tub in our room. I felt that it was false advertising.

The staff was nice. The room was clean. Close to the beach.

Enjoyable stay. Excellent location. Close to many, many areas to shop and recreate.

Room was very comfortable. Hotel was very quiet. Great location. Shopping very close by. Several restaurants in shopping center. One was open late. Good place for late dinner or cocktail. I would definitely stay at this location again.

Terrible
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It would of been nice if I could of actually gotten a room. Drove over 6 hours and then I get told I have to be 21 to get a room. Staff didn't do anything to help. They said sorry and that's it. Poor business.

My stay was good despite this experience. The hotel is a good business hotel, not ideal for family.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was disgusting and has been preserved for cleanliness. There were leaves, hair, and the bottom of the pool was dirty with some type of soot material. The pool possibly made my little daughter sick. That Sunday night after leaving the pool, she developed a fever. The pool also lacks some sort of cleaning and filtration system which could make way for a nasty environment.

Our most expensive room on vacation was just ordinary. High ceilings didn't make the room bigger.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was freezing and filled with leaves and other debris. Disappointing. Our handicapped unit was located next to the outside door and it could be heard opening and closing all night long, which scared my daughter.

Breakfast omelette and sausage and the trimmings were excellent.

Nice hotel for the price, easy drive to Atlantic Ocean and other points of interes. Not oceanfront.

Not near the beach, nor park. Kids were disappointed we weren't closer to Ocean, so consider purpose when booking. Pool was not heated & no Jacuzzi.

The hotel was easy to find and the staff was very nice. We had a downstairs room, and it was easy to bring luggage in.

Great location and facilities that suited my needs.

They had a leaking pipe issue for several days that blocked hallway, but was resolved without too much inconvenience.

Staff friendly, breakfast buffet well stocked.

Steven at the front desk was super friendly and went out of...

Steven at the front desk was super friendly and went out of his way to be helpful. Our room was nice and clean with very comfortable beds, the breakfast was substantial with a good variety of choices, and there was coffee/tea/fruit infused water available at all times. It was within easy driving distance of the beach areas in Jacksonville. We would definitely stay here again!

I valued the experience.

The chafing dish that held the eggs and meat, the lid seemed to give a few people some issues. It is top heavy and slams to the rear if you are not used to that type of ware.

I went to the front desk to turn in my room card, because I wanted to express my gratitude for an enjoyable stay. No one was there when I walked up, waited maybe 20 seconds, the Hotel Manager Mike came up and apologized for the wait. I appreciated his promptness and I expressed my thanks. It actually epitomized my 2 days there, everyone was pleasant and helpful. If I am in the area again, I look forward to staying there again. I highly recommend this place to other travelers. Bryan V. Ellis

Everything was fine but the front desk staff on the phone...

Everything was fine but the front desk staff on the phone and at check-in sounded very rude. Maybe it was something I said but they seemed mad at me and I don't know why.

Recommended highly.

Sausage not good. Too greasy both kinds. Tub is really too narrow for safe showering except sideways. Sides slope too soon.

Maintenance very good. Staff very friendly. Mike called me when my room was ready early. Really good breakfast except for the greasy sausage. We loved it and would stay again certainly. You can tell the property is 'run'. Steven was my pool advisor.

We’ve Would stay Again. It’s a Good locale

Low Table next to tv stand in room is ill placed. Both my husband and I bumped into it coming from bathroom to bed. I got a large bruise on leg from it. Blow dryer is too loud. Light in bathroom too bright , should have a night light in there.

Clean. Comfortable

Good price, clean.

It was a little dated. It had that stuffy carpet smell when first entering our room.

I liked that it near the beach. It was only an exit away from Shopping center.

Great night's sleep after ringing in the new year.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff could have been more knowledgeable on New Year's Eve events in the area.

Bed was very comfortable and the sheets, comforter and pillows were very comfortable and fresh. Breakfast was warm and had a great variety to choose from.

Very clean and friendly and really close to nice restaurants and big chain grocery store.

An option of plain scrambled eggs on the breakfast bar would have been nice. Other Hamptons have had "home fries" on the buffet also and that was nice. Trays to carry food to your room would have been very handy. But we very much enjoyed our stay and will visit again !

Everything was great. The only thing I really have to suggest is that each room needs a free night light so you don't have to wake everyone up to see. Some kind of room divider or curtain around the beds would be great for folks traveling with kids etc to provide a bit more privacy or shield them from light from the tv etc. so they can rest at different times. Leave more toiletries if more than one guest.

ponte vedra beach golf course

All was perfect.

Lovely room, great staff, and very good breakfast, but the very best was the Christmas gift wrap station. Also very close to Longhorn (my favourite restaurant).

Our room was across from the mechanical room for the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our room was across from the mechanical room for the elevatoron ther 1st floor. It obviously needs service. Each time the elevator was used we were awakened by the groaning of the elevator equipment. The facility was spotless, the breakfast was fine and the staff was awesome.

This place was great!!

Not a thing!

The bed was so comfortable. I don't travel very often, but when I do, I will choose the same type of hotel. Everything was fantastic! The breakfast was wonderful.

Very nice overall.

The showerhead is fixed and the catch bar is in the way when showering.

The beds were firm with feather pillows. There was a lot of shopping and restaurants within reasonable walking distance. This is a very nice hotel.

Great place to stay for he price and would definitely stay here again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing bad to say about the experience.

There was always someone cleaning. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was hot and many options everyday. The room was big enough for all the stuff you have to bring with a 6 month old and my wife’s luggage as well.

The stay was good with the exception of the room odor
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

First floor room near elevator had a terrible odor so we had to change rooms mid visit.

The staff is professional and accommodating. Breakfast is convenient. Social hour nice also.

The breakfast was great and the breakfast staff made sure...

The breakfast was great and the breakfast staff made sure their presence was always shown. The food was hot and good. The front staff, breakfast crew and housekeepers were all very friendly. Very clean hotel and close to the beach and other stores.

We will stay here again.

The way people treated Patrice, during breakfast time. She works in an under appreciated position at the hotel. When you greet her with a smile she beams, but to many people (guest) were taking her for granted.

Every member of the staff (Adele, Nicole, Diane, and Patrice) that I spoke with had a smile on their faces. The staff made the stay very enjoyable, the accommodations were as I expected for a hotel. The pillows were extra firm and a little hard to sleep on, but nothing to complain about.

If you have a choice, try the Hampton Inn.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms were clean, plenty of clean towels and amenities. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I always try to look for a Hampton Inn wherever I go as I find you get a whole lot for the money you spend.

Sucked

Sofa bed was awful, would sleep better on floor Charge of $15 a day to park, had to pay for water in room 2 bottles for 5 people, room not cleaned one day, needed to call for an issue 4 times before someone came to help

Nice Hotel,great staff and location,refreshing pool and good food.

A restroom closer to the pool that is easy to access.Also,need to keep towels available at pool area. Need more than one Waffle maker for breakfast crowd!!!

Staff was great,Food was good,the breakfast lady even made me a waffle and brought to my table for me. Need more than 1 waffle maker. Pool was great,just wish there was a restroom closer and easier to get to from the pool.Also no towels at pool,but we finally got some.

I enjoyed my stay. I will definitely come back if I am in the Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra area.

Window A/C unit was a little loud, but that was the very little thing that didn't make the room perfect.

Room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Overall it wasn't a bad experience other than the staff, and breakfast, it was genuinely bad.

The free breakfast was really bad! The front desk staff were not friendly and rather put off when asking directions or questions, although there was one male staff who was super nice; I wish I knew his name so he could be set apart from his coworkers.

The room was clean and very comfortable, parking was excellent, the property overall was very clean and accommodating, and centrally located for what we were there for.

location worked out well for getting to/from the beach

waffles were good, but the breakfast selection wasn't great - one day, ran out of sausage at 9:45, and never had bacon. Beds were comfy but very noisy - just sitting down on it made it creak. Anytime my son turned over in the other bed, it woke me up. Pool was also located where it didn't get sun a large part of the day.

we complained about our tv cutting itself off and resetting itself every few minutes; they came within an hour and replaced the tv - and this was at dinner time! Also greatly appreciated late check-out.

I loved this place. We will return next week and a couple more times before year end.

Housekeeping. Some of the staff were not easy to understand their English. Also, we were there for 5 days. The sheets were not changed once. Housekeeping never showed up on a couple of days. Had to ask for towels. They could have done better, but this will not keep us away.

I loved the stay there. Everyone was nice as could be. Food was great. Easy access. I was there for appointments at the Mayo Clinic and the trip to and from was very easy. Lots of access to beaches, restaurants, shopping. Planning another visit this week.

Stayed overnight on our way up to Savannah. Nice accommodations. Would stay again

Air conditioning was a little loud in the room.

Friendly and helpful staff. Located within driving distance to beaches. Free breakfast and cocktail hr during the week. Nice pool area.

Loved the pillows and blankets

The hotel charged us 50 dollars more than the booking.com total. The lady at the front desk made my girlfriend so uncomfortable she didn't want to go back to the front desk to worry about the bill.

Loved the pillows and blankets

Nice place if you can get to it.

The parking lot was full and parking was bad. The entrance to the hotel was hard to find and the road was hard to figure out.

THE LOCATION WAS EXCELLENT TO WHERE WE NEEDED TO BE. The personnel were very good and room was very comfortable.

Great stay!

I learned that if I continue to book my Hilton properties through Booking.com, I will not get credit to my Hilton honors account. Consequently, future bookings I make to these properties will be through the Hilton site. I will, however, continue to use booking.com for other accommodation arrangements.

Wonderful place to stay. The breakfast was really substantial and tasty and we caught the manager's happy hour as well.

The wine happy hour in the lounge.

The wine happy hour in the lounge. Leah, at the front desk was extremely helpful! The coffee was decent too. Also, the AC was great. Nice clean property.

First i thought I book the hotel @ the beach instead I had...

First i thought I book the hotel @ the beach instead I had to take uber to the beach.When I first made reservation online wasn't too happy.Overall my stay was pleasant and employee was nice and very helpful

You get what you pay for!

BED was horrible - like sleeping on plywood. Location of dining & check in is really weird and eggs were disgusting. Would have been nice to know hotel was undergoing construction - would not have booked.

Pillows were awesome! Breakfast staff were so kind and helpful!

Probably would not stay there again.

The staff messed up our reservation and tried to tell us we didn't have one until another member said we did. There was another customer there with same last name and it took them forever to get it! And there was remodeling going on.. had no idea until we got there!

It was fairly quiet there.

You get what you pay for

The linen was horrible, and that awful smell. I had to purchase a candle to stay in that room

Honestly it wasn't my style, it smelled awful that alone was a total turn off, my towels were old with horrible spots. A few spots on the sheets on one bed. I didn't complain to the front desk reasoning I didn't want to hear husband telling me I told you so. I was trying to save money, almost ruined our 3 day weekend. We left there and checked into Four Points. We like what we like.

Almost a great stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We could hear everything going on in the hall. We were awakened at 5:30 by room doors slamming, in the hall and elevator buttons dinging. When I took my shower at 10:30, at night, the water was barely warm. I understand updates are happening, so I hope these issues won't go overlooked. Would stay again.

It was nice. Person at the front desk, during check in was very nice.

Good location, easy to get to the beach and restaurants

The second floor was being remodeled. My room was on the third floor so afternoon naps were difficult.

Good location, easy to get to the beach and restaurants

Great Hidden Gem for beach Families

Serve til 10am please breakfast. Hotel door frame too wide-too much light at night-put towels on door for sleeping

Hot eggs waffle fruit buffet y friendly attendent 6-9am great hotel staff y rooms Exc.check out times y Hskpg staff

A very nice place and great location!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was the sofa bed. It was not comfortable with all the springs poking at you.

The king bed was very comfortable. I liked that there were lots of towels in the bathroom. The pool was small but my kids loved it.

Lovely vacation stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That we didn't get a longer time expansion seeing that we arrived at 12am the next day due to a bad storm on our way there.

The bed was so comfortable and I slept well for the short time frame we were there.

Birthday break in Jacksonville

Stayed 1 night on the way to Marco Island. Very relaxing and the pool was especially nice! What a great way to break up a 12 hour drive by getting a lot of R&R with a good night sleep on a soft comfy bed and an awesome hot breakfast waiting in the morning! I will definately come again when traveling through.

Very enjoyable and we'd stay there again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

4:30 wakeup call when the staff was beginning breakfast and the oven started smoking and caused the alarm to go off. No problem; stuff happens! We went back to sleep!

It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable!

Amazing I love everything about it

The sink in the bathroom was a little dusty and the shower Needed some more cleaning but nothing super crazy. Also the pool needed some cleaning on the edges.

I love everything from the breakfast to the attetion every employee was really friendly and helpful. There was plenty of parking even tho the hotel was totally booked we never had trouble finding a spot.

Great accommodations a short drive from the ocean
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room had odor of men's cologne. Shower/Tub handle needed to be repaired. Went from warm to scalding with no option in between. Fortunately I like scalding hot.

Downy pillows, ample desk and lighting, luggage table, extra luggage rack in closet, tub w/handicap rails, ample space (handicap room), very quiet...I slept better than I do at home! Also had a wall thermostat so room temperature was more efficiently maintained😄

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Excellent place to stay!!!

The girl who fixed the complementary breakfast did an excellent job of keeping everything full. Property was clean, room was clean. Beds were comfortable everyone was friendly. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The staff was friendly and welcoming.

There was no view from the room.

The staff was friendly and welcoming. Also, the bed in the room was extremely comfortable. The hotel was conveniently located 10 minutes from Jacksonville Beach.

Wonderful Property

Stayed at the Hampton at Mayo and this was a negative experience compared to your property so when traveling in this area I will stay at your property as much as I can.

Bed was like a cloud. Like the bath facilities, and towels. Breakfast was great as was the cocktail hour and the young lady handling this hour.

All was good, although from the map I saw online, I thought...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable.

All was good, although from the map I saw online, I thought the hotel was beach side. It was not. The king size bed was horribly uncomfortable, so I did not have a goodnight sleep.

Located near noisy pumping station

Our room was on the east side of the building, and the local "pumping station" very nearby was noisy enough to keep us awake. Little rest through the night. Won't go back. Be sure to request west side of building.

The bed was awesome
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff treated me bad when I first arrived the mood changed when my partner showed up in a camaro .. They judged before they took a chance to know me..

The bed was awesome

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Great Location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and accommodating to my group's needs. They provided us with transportation information as well as extra pillows/blankets/ect. as needed. The 12 pm check out also allowed my group to not feel rushed to get up early and leave.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Second stay, just as pleased as first stay.

Super clean room, staff very accommodating. Bed and pillows comfortable. Great towels and clean bath. Very close to restaurants and shopping. Minutes from Mayo Clinic.

Kudos to a super staff!

We had an incident with some other guests and asked to be moved-- they had a full house but were very accommodating! They found us a new room and were so kind about it! They went over and beyond to make sure we were cared for!

Great day at Ponte Verde
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The elevator broke down but quickly repaired. Tub needed slip proof stripes

The bed was perfect and the room was clean. Great location to beach Breakfast was not the best but will do I prefer raisin bagels to plain or more options We dine @ Olive Garden, Bob Evans

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Nice place to stay in Ponte Vedra
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room 119 across from elevator, gym, and ice machine. Heard a lot of noise when trying to rest after long day. Would stay here again but on upper floor and away from elevator.

Nice room. Comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Rethink again

The price. The price for the room booking thru you was as much as $40 higher than we could have received thru hotel direct. They were quoting $119 to 129 per night. When asked about a better rate at checkin hotel couldn't give it to us cause we booked the rooms thru you. Very disappointing that the hotel was not at the beach--thought it was based on address of hotel being Jacksonville beach. We stayed in rooms 405 and 407 the beds squeaked when moving on them; in rm 405 the hot/cold indicator on shower knob was reversed so hot was cold and cold was hot.

Rooms being near each other; Breakfast; parking near room.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Breakfast was good.

The first night, we were put in a room that had an oder of vomit. We had to change rooms the following morning.

Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I definitely plan on staying here again when I plan my next visit

Hard to say since I am so satisfied... but the air in the room with a little on the stale side and pretty humid However, turning on the AC to get the air circulating did the trick though

I normally try to book my stays at Holiday Inn… But this hotel was recommended to me by my sister-in-law sent it was so close to her nursing home… And it has exceeded my expectations in many ways -check in staff was helpful and gave me perfect The perfect room for my needs

Browse Hampton Inn Jacksonville Ponte Vedra traveller photo gallery