Reviews of Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista / Orlando 3 stars

8150 Palm Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32836, USA

#24 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The park shuttle service stopped at another hotel before ours and so space was limited to standing room only on the day we chose to go to Universal. That was only a minor inconvenience and didn't spoil our day.

Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff were AMAZING!!! Laura at the front desk took especially excellent care of us our whole visit. Wendy and the ladies in the breakfast room kept us well fed with a variety of good foods and beverage choices. The housekeeping crew was fantastic. Even the maintenance man, whom we didn't need but happened to run into, was friendly and helpful. The pool area was immaculate and inviting. We would happily stay there again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not sure if it was a lone bed bug but something was on one of the beds on the first night. Had to spray everything with insect repellent to make sure - don’t seem to have had any real issues though luckily and could have been a small spider - I didn’t wait around to find out!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful when needed. Food was good too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Poor breakfast choice, no balcony, expensive shop.

Large room, plenty of clean towels, bright large bathroom, iron and ironing board, decent tv, good pool and pool area, gym, ice-maker, lovely staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby temp too cold, bed mattress and especially pillows too soft,

Very friendly staff, nice breakfast food variety, free shuttle to theme parks and nice pool and exercise room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No regrets and have stayed here on several other visits

Breakfast, great and Wendy treats everyone wonderful and friendly to all and ready to help with any requests.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub/Non-Smoking

The Staff was great. The gentleman at the front Desk went above and beyond.He deserves Kudos. The Cleanliness of the hotel is Superb. Keep up the Good Work.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

mold in shower and a few ants in the room. Staff was told upon checkout. this would not prevent me from staying there again.

Staff was the best. Comfort and quietness of room was excellent

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was super clean. The staff friendly and very helpful. The beds were so soft and comfortable. It’s the best sleep I’ve had in a while.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't really think of anything, all was great!

The staff was exceptional, specifically the breakfast area staff. Carmen and the rest of the ladies made breakfast very comfortable especially when it go busy. They each made an extra effort to say hello to everyone and ask if everything was ok and they kept everything neat, clean and well stocked. Breakfast was awesome! There is an onsite washer and dryer, so we were able to do laundry at the hotel. Bonus was having the pool and hot tub open until 10:00PM!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel felt a bit down-at-heal. The room we had was okay, but certainly nothing special. The public rooms were lacking in atmosphere and the furnishings had definitely seen better days.

The staff were excellent - friendly, caring and professional.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was wonderful every morning. The staff such as Angelica,Bri,and Wendy we're very helpful. Angelica even called the bus dispatch for us when the bus was a few minutes late. The value includes a full breakfast and transportation to the parks. Can't beat that!

Everything was great.

The Mickey Mouse waffles were the BEST!!! Also, thank you for keeping the pool open until 9pm, so my children were able to have an evening swim when we arrived and I got to enjoy the hot tub...

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could have done with a hand shower attachment to wash undercarriage easier - also could benefit from a room safe rather than one behind reception desk - though neither caused major issues. Also a bit more variety at breakfast would be great - again a luxury rather than a necessity.

Reception staff are excellent - breakfast was very useful - property was clean and easy to get around - small enough to not get lost

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I do wish the shuttle schedule would have been more convenient and closer to the open/close schedules of the parks.

The hotel was a great location between the Disney parks and Universal with easy and convenient parking. We didn't use the shuttle service because the pick-up times didn't fit our schedule, but I could tell it was always on time at the hotel in the mornings. The staff was so accommodating and friendly, even going the extra mile to draw out messages on the lobby white board like "Happy Birthday ____". They were also very attentive at breakfast even going around to tables asking if we needed refills.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast might have had a little more to offer but otherwise no complaints

Comfortable and clean accommodations, a little overpriced in my opinion but it is a Hampton so that can he expected. Staff was very helpful especially after just experiencing a hurricane. Would stay again

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

ongoing issues with television, changed room upon arrival because 1st room a/c didn't work, 2nd room carpet had just been cleaned. the equipment was still in room, spilled water container with smelling water. they quickly cleaned it while we went to dinner - awesome. phone rang multiple (4-5) times, with other guest trying to check their voicemail (room 111) and room wasn't cleaned after we extended our stay. Staff was very kind, flexible and incredibly responsive.

location, staff, affordability, parking

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very basic hotel : rooms, no bar and tiny basic pool. Breakfast very basic and would become boring within a couple of days. AC in room was smelly. I feel a little over priced for what you get

Location easily accessible by car with restaurants nearby, about 6 miles from Disney & 8 miles from Universal. Fridge and microwave in room with free ice machine on each floor. Beds comfy and bathroom was good for level of hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Super comfy beds and clean bedrooms, good service , excellent location. Great hot breakfast and amenities. A washing room, fitness room and swimming pool all great!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was near the elevator, so we heard people talking out there when we were trying to sleep. The water valve for the tub was very touchy, so we had to be careful not to scald ourselves.

Great staff. The front desk people were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and smelled good. The staff in the breakfast room were friendly and worked hard to keep things well stocked and clean. Marleny, who worked in the breakfast room even helped me practice Spanish.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub/Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub looked incredibly smaller than advertised. The impression of a bigger more luxurious outdoor facility was given in pictures but didn't live up to its advertisment.

Great Breakfast! Very Clean Facility. Staff was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

- Pretty crowded during the breakfast - but that's because everyone is in a hurry to go to the theme parks...

- Good location, very close to the Disney World - Nice swimming pool, towels are available on site - Self-service laundry - Small shop at the lobby with snacks / drinks - Tickets for the key theme parks sold on site - A PC available to print out whatever necessary

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked the hotel online 3 days before and I paid $129 for the night but when I got there the lady told me that something happened and she had to do the reservation again and everything was fine but they charge me $179 and I called the office and I never get the money back.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't sleep from the noise of the ac and mattress were very old and not comfortable at all. I spend 5 nights couldn't have a good sleep. Furniture needs renovation.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They have tables in the lobby of the hotel and it gets a little complicated at breakfast time.

Overall everything was fine, so the only thing I can recommend is to hire more people in the service.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was not able to be utilized IN FLORIDA IN JULY!!! One reason we chose the hotel was to have a nice pool and it was closed. Other options were offered, but who wants to walk to another hotel to use another pool when you have walked for hours that day already! Breakfast is EXTREMELY crowded! No seats were available to enjoy the great breakfast! A facility in Orlando this close to DISNEY should expect large crowds and this facility is not set up to accommodate a large number of people eating at once. We did try alternate hours (earlier and later) and found the same problem!

The location to Disney and restaurants was perfect. When extra towels were requested, they were promptly brought to our room. The breakfast was good and lots to choose from BUT VERY crowded and took a long time to get all four family members through the line since the younger ones needed help.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only two washers and two dryers Had to wait to wash my clothes.

The rooms were kept really clean. Great job by the housekeeping staff. Breakfast was good. Variety offered.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

More seating required in the breakfast area, our party ended up borrowing chairs from the computer desks to sit down for breakfast.

Good room and really comfy bed. Excellent location in Orlando.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our first day that we were there we had a strange smell in the room. The management immediately moved us to a different room and made sure we were comfortable.

Beds were super comfortable. Hung the do not disturb sign out and did not get bothered by the maids once. It was quiet considering everyone staying there. All of the staff including the management made sure we were taken care of.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lack of vegan breakfast options I am.allergic to eggs and eggs were a major menu option for breakfast More vegetarian/vegan options would have improved the stay minus the eggs

Location Cleanliness Staff Free parking Free wifi Free breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was awesome !!!

I liked everything of Orlando, everything was close to the Hotel, restaurants, walmart, etc etc... I miss that place really bad, we will definately come back and stay at the same hotel " HAMPTON INN" :) My kids love the breakfast, they made pancakes every morning (Mickey Mouse Face).

It said that there have free bus service on the website. The fact is they never told you the information unless you ask them twice or more. I called them before i arrived, they told me there didn't have shuttle. After we arrived, we asked twice again, and then got the information. And we only took for once. The wifi is really poor there. For my four days' stay, i have never got connected to the wifi.

The bed is comfortable. The position is nice and is close to disney, universal studio and outlet.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub/Non-Smoking

The fifth floor king room was a little outdated and the carpet looked crungey. The carpeting throughout the hotel needed an upgrade. Breakfast area a little too busy for us but good selection of foods. Great location and would stay there again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We faced temporary internet connection problem during our stay.

Front desk staff was very helpful and kind. Room was very clean and big enough. Location of the hotel was great. Very near to Disney, Universal and Outlet Centers.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had to go to a conference hotel that cost lots of money and you had to pay for your breakfast and everything else. I would've just rather stayed at this hotel.

The staff was very pleasant, the hotel was clean, the breakfast was very good, and the value was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My TV didn't work, but I really didn't have time for it anyway. They over charged me for my stay, but when I called them back they quickly refunded the difference.

The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. They have a nice outdoor hot tub and pool. The breakfast was very nice! Much better than most free breakfasts offered at other hotels.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been little bit better and they can change the menu time to time. As a Mediterranean family, we felt the lack of cheese :)

We stayed 11 nights at Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista with our 5 years old son. The location of the hotel was perfect. Not only because it is so close to Disneyland and many other attractions, also it was a beautiful residential area with so many top knock restaurants, shopping malls and outlets. Our room was so much comfortable with a perfect layout, large enough with a nice bathroom. The apart from all those, the staff of the hotel was so much polite, very professional, always helpful and make you feel very special. I used twice their laundry which was also very easy and cheap. We felt like we are we were at home. I can tell that, if we will visit hundred times Orlando, hundred times we would stay there. Thank you so much Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista! We are looking forward to being your quests again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was travelling with family and required Vegan food. There was no good option at breakfast buffet.

Clean and comfortable room, friendly staff. A small self help store next to reception is good and stocked well

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast food was great but the buffet itself was a little messy- though there were a lot of kids so it's expected. Maybe make some more cleaning checks throughout the morning, but the food was really good.

Mickey Waffles were a great touch! I stayed with my mother for a girls trip to Disney Springs and other shopping in the area and we had a great time!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, keep up the great work!

The staff were excellent - super friendly and helpful when required. Our room was clean, and included a mini fridge. The included breakfast had excellent variety and was super tasty! :)

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All the soda machines were empty. This is the first time we had ever encountered this. We went to several floors and all the same.

I have always liked Hampton Inns. They are always clean and confortable.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like about my stay. I had no problems at all.

I enjoyed the whole experience. Everything was excellent and the staff was great. The rooms where nice size for a family of four and the breakfast was awesome. I will be staying here again!!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Lack of Balconies!

The front staff was amazingly friendly! The breakfast (hot quality food) and breakfast staff were totally aware of taking care of the patrons as well as the Buffett. And thank you to Leann for decorating our door in honor of our recent engagement! We felt our excitement was shared!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was blood on my sheets when I turned down my bed. Housekeeping staff had gone home. They offered to change my room after we had unpacked, etc. They gave us clean sheets and we changed the bedding. Apologies from night attendant. Nothing more from management, nor a discount for inconvenience. Finding the blood totally grossed me out. Considering the size of the hotel in FL, there were very few chairs and lounges by the pool.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was not very comfortable. The hotel itself was sort of off the beaten path, but that's not their fault. Why are the soda's in the hotel's convenience store more expensive than those in the soda machine on the guest floor?

Hotel was clean and well appointed. Furniture was a little dated, but in good repair. This hotel seems to well managed and maintained. Housekeeping staff seems to show a lot of attention to the little details, which I appreciate.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast options; coffee weak; pool should open at 7 am; shuttle should run more often - we ended up driving to park all three days; dryer was broken.

Convenient location; nice pool; friendly staff; laundry facility; comfortable room; breakfast fruit was good.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area was simply too crowded but there were many options in the area and they weren't too expensive. The person selling the Disney tickets simply acted bored everytime you spoke to her.

The day staff at registration were absolutely the nicest and friendliest people. Always offering assistance and helpful advice. They made the stay the BEST :)

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee luke warm at breakfast. Food not as hot as should be at breakfast(very unusual. We have always had a great breakfast here. Turkey sausage was inedible. Eggs were cool.). We were on 4th floor and could hear people banging around all night from somewhere.

Very happy with Hampton overall. We are regulars.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub/Non-Smoking

Blankets on the bed need to be softer.

When I ask for a softer blanket the lady who waited on me at the desk, brought me some right away to my room. Now that was sweet and great service.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast OK, typical american: waffles, bagels, cream cheese... Everyday the same.

Nice staff, very helpful. Excellent location. Room facilities OK, confortable beds. During the first 3 days the cleaning lady did amazing accomodations of my girl's plush toys... They were excited to see how and where (at top of the bed, middle, together or separated...) the toys might be every night when we were coming back to the room.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel has shops and stores around it but they are hard to find after dark.

We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The facilities were fine and the free breakfast was better than expected. The free WDW shuttle was quick and easy, and the 7:00 PM cookie tray was a welcome sight after a long day of touring.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed spread seem to be discolored and old and made me feel that the bedding was dirty even though it may not have been.

location was excellent, easy to get in and out into Orlando environment. Was good that the location was not on a main street were traffic was heavy.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wish breakfast was until 11 instead of 10. We drove 15 hours and had to get up a little earlier than we liked so we could eat breakfast.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was extremely nice.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is sad that they do not provide transportation to/from MIA International Airport

The kindness of their employees. Thank you Marleny and Claudia for the breakfast. Luiza and Angelica at the front desk. I really enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pleasantly surprised! The hotel was clean and so was the room which is huge for me! The breakfast was very good and my kids loved the Mickey pancakes! This place is like a hidden gem !

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast staff were hell-bent on clearing the "trash" from our table. We were very forceful in saying "no, thank you, we're not done, we'll take it", and in clarifying that we always leave the table as clean as we found it, but they ignored us completely. It was shocking, they literally grabbed the plates/bowls, anyway, and walked away. It happened every morning, different staff members. It made clearing all the little pieces of trash from our table a hassle, since there are no trays.

Three main things set the Hampton Inn apart: 1. freshly washed bedding, 2. full, hot breakfast (especially the potatoes and vegetarian/vegan options), and 3. free, plentiful parking. The pool was excellent. The complimentary coffee/tea 24/7 was also very nice.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle services are not effective, only single option for pickup and return leaves you without flexibility. Moreover, the day we did took it, the driver got off the station earlier so we missed it, then the hotel requested him to turn back, so he did, but we came almost hour later. In the case of Universal Studio, the shuttle pickup is too late, arriving 1.5 hours after the park opens. The breakfast dishes could be better and much more environmental, using Styrofoam is the worst.

Good location if you have car, kind staff, big room and comfortable bed, great value for money

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything that my family did not like about our stay.

Great hotel with amenities that you will use. The staff was extremely helpful - from ladies at the front desk to the staff at the breakfast. The spread of breakfast was good and fresh. Rooms were clean and well equipped with essentials required. Wifi connection was strong and had a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillow too soft maybe? Lolz maybe it just me

What we like is when our first got to hotel they give us a room with AC death and we ask to change room they did it right away. Next day when we got back from hotel. Saw lil bag of candys and water bottle with the pink balloon in front of the door isnt thay nice? We really love how to doing business here, great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Fridge in room didn't cool our drinks even after 12 hours

Free breakfast was deceit and plenty. Everything was clean. Location was close enough for Disney. I'd stay again

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I suggest that complimentary bottles of water should be given in room daily rather than having to ask at the reception. Also, the Disney/US bus was late/full one day but one member of the hotel kindly picked us up to the hotel after a 30 mins wait. Orlando also has no good public transportation. So unless you are driving? Uber is the next good choice.

It was simple and value for money. Considering that there were so many lodging options to choose from, Hampton Inn is a good simple hotel. Although breakfast was simple, but it was still kind of sufficient.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival for check in we were told our reservation had never been scheduled and yet I held the confirmation in my hands. I put in the reservation three months prior.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't exactly care for the real fast but don't worry about it, I'm very picky when it comes to hotel breakfast.

I loved the pillows. They had one super soft one and a firm one so that you could take your pick. The staff was very friendly and smiled sincerely. The surroundings were very pleasing to the eyes. Lots of grass and trees.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe a bigger gym but that's just being way to picky

Any hotel with cookies in the lobby for guests is a plus. The staff was fantastic and the room was simple and very comfortable. Everything was well worth what we paid for.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Free coffee/tea 24 hrs available but isn't hot always. Shuttle service available for Disney and universal but very punctual....leaves off in 1 to 2 minutes .there is a pick up from universal but little early... can never avail of Should have been late.moreover when the crowd exists the theme park... it's difficult to catch up the shuttle.Taxi service available in reception but costly..Use UBER app.....cheap n best..Available All times. U need to walk 10 to 15 min for food court nearby. 3 Indian restaurant available in the nearby ...India palace, darbar and dakshin. Darbar is best of all..

Room was comfortable, breakfast was good, staff friendly..

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is very much the same everyday and is limited (although more than adequate), However we took the fact that there was actually a free breakfast as a bonus, most hotels in the area do not offer this !! Much better than no breakfast :)

Really good location, close to the parks and various eateries. Very clean and the staff are always happy to help. Would use again for sure

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Water pressure in shower was just okay.

Arrived at 9:30 after 18 hr drive. Spent one night before moving on to a Disney resort for the week. Made reservations on the road and got a great rate. Greeted by friendly desk staff. Very clean and modern lobby. Lots of outlets for charging your devices. Room was modern and clean. Beds were comfy. Decent size fridge and microwave. Tons of counter and undercounter storage space in bathroom. Water pressure wasn't great but adequate after long ride. Nice clean breakfast area. Food was good. Mickey waffle makers! Ample room to sit. Bright and clean. Friendly concierge woman for tourist questions. Didn't swim but pool area was very nice. Didn't use shuttle to parks but it looked much nicer than Disney buses!! I would definitely stay here again!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was too flat and caused back pain.

The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.

Altamente recomendable....

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cordial and helpful staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room needs a deep cleaning and mattresses were uncomfortable

Front desk service and breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean bright and airy. Comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Good location.

The bed sagged.

Good breakfast, clean, convenient, nice staff.

Very comfortable beds.

Nice and clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Perfect location for Orlando's main attractions. Standard Hampton Inn facilities etc, and a good stay.

All good

Everything just as expected. Friendly staff. Great location. Very quiet.