Reviews of Hampton Inn Lancaster 3 stars

545 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA 17601, USA

#11 of 41 hotels in Lancaster

Breakfast, heated outdoor pool.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

We like the breakfast and heated outdoor pool. Lots of parking space. The hotel room doors were loudly slammed all the time from morning to late night. Could the doors be changed into something like slow closing kind? Next door big kids group talked loudly till midnight , maybe from a wedding drinking night. Yet we have to change to another room at midnight then it is a better experience.

Breakfast, heated outdoor pool.

It was very relaxing and enjoyable
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Beautiful decor, delicious breakfast, the location of the pool was so accessible from the common area and could be seen while enjoying a cup of coffee in that area . There was a beautiful walking trail nearby also

we frequent Hampton but this one was a great turn off for us. we are looking into other hotels now.
    • King Suite Mobility/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

There were no closets in the room nor were there any dresser to put clothes. The room was poorly lit. The room had a minimalist decor and cold, not warm and inviting. Both our rooms were not cleaned appropriately. And we had reserved two / two queen bed rooms and they gave us only a king room

The food was okay. There were plenty of USB drives in the room

Nice, but not worth the money.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The room was much smaller than we had expected. There was limited room to store clothing, and the rack for hanging coats, shirts, etc., was very small and hidden behind the drapes. In fact, we did not know it was there until our dog walked behind the drapes! The toilet was not flushing correctly, as if there were a pre-existing blockage in the plumbing, and it finally overflowed. :(

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast, and there was more than sufficient room to walk our dog.

Everything good.

No closet.

We loved the breakfast buffet and good coffee. We enjoyed the cleanliness of our white bed-covered bed - everything white, We love the stand up bathroom with very white towels. Keep it up Hampton Hotel! My husband and I had resolved that we will always stay at the Hampton Hotel.

I would give this hotel another try,
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The bed is very bouncy when your partner rolls over, We did not have hot water for 2 days, just barely warm and then it would get cold right in the middle of the shower. The hotel staff made it up to us. The television would only work for half the channels but we did not complain since we were not in the room very much.

The price is very reasonable. and location is great!

STAY WAS OKAY, LITTLE DISAPOINTED,USE
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Poolside

ROOM MISSING CURTAIN, HEATER NOT WORKING PROPERLY,COLD DRAFT COMING IN FROM 2ND DOOR IN ROOM THAT LEADS TO POOLSIDE,ROOM LOCATED DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM PARTY ROOM ,WHERE THERE HAPPENED TO BE A PARTY GOING ON UNTIL THE WEE HOURS! SHOULD HAVE BEEN WARNED AT BEGINNING OF STAY AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY OTHER ROOMS AVAILABLE. NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO HANG CLOTHING.

BREAKFAST, DISTANCE FROM ALL THE LOCAL ATTRACTIONS

Staff is friendly from the check in to house keeping but a little overpriced for a simple experience
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I wasn't offered to be enrolled in HH. I didn't like that I had to have the tub serviced but the staff was very nice about it. And I am not sure that why I thought there was an indoor pool unless the website was misleading because I typically don't book hotels without indoor pools. Overall I truly enjoyed it

The staff was really friendly. The coffee and hot chocolate were perfect for the cold weekend.

very good and I'll beback

everything was great!!

breakfast was great I just wish they had a little more variety from day to day I stay at the Hampton inn in Muskegon Mi. and they offer biscuits and gravy and sausages

Perfect room, breakfast could be better
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Grounds could have been better, a garden or some such would have been really welcome, as it seems like there is space. Breakfast was not great, but this could be as I am not used to American style breakfasts. An assortment of sliced cheese, coldmeats, sliced vegetables and breadrolls would greatly please their European market. Breakfast served on plastic plates with plastic cutlery. Coffee quality could be better.

The room was perfect, excellent bed and linens, slept wonderfully. Furnishings all new and pristine, very very clean, toiletries were lovely. Soundproofed room, decor was new, tasteful and functional, iron and ironing board in room. Well laid out and honestly so comfortable I could have spent all day in it. Coffee downstairs available all day and night, plus coffee machine in room. If you like breakfasts of sweet foodstuffs you are in luck (if you like savory breakfasts ...not so much)

The bed was extremely comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't as good as I read in reviews. There was a used dirty towel in our stack of towels, which really turned me off.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The bedding was as well. The staff was very nice.

Omelets were overcooked.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Omelets were overcooked. The potatoes and sausages were sharing the same chafing dish, with 2 serving spoons. Serving spoons are often "inter-changed," or the "sausage spoon" is used in the potatoes. I am a Vegetarian and do not appreciate the possibility of my potatoes having a "meaty" flavor.

We had a pleasant stay, but I will be exploring other options next time I return to Lancaster.
    • Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was somewhat cramped with the pullout couch, and there was no drawer space to put clothes in for q family of 5. the "closet" was just a bar with hangers that was hidden behind one of the curtains by the window. Overall, just not the most comfortable room for my family.

Staff was amazing! Incredibly helpful and friendly. The pool was open late. Perfect location between town of Lancaster and Amish country. Hotel had a "new/clean" feeling to it, even though the pool was not as clean and they were constantly repairing both elevators.

Overall, we had a comfortable stay at this hotel.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Would like to have a dresser in the room to put clothes in. Did not like large, full length mirror as soon as you walk in the room by the bed. Toilet did not flush properly and made a loud noise when running. Would have liked to have some type of wash cloth/hand towel holders in the bathroom. The breakfast area was way to cramped and needs to be arranged better for customer comfort.

Upgraded hotel, friendly staff, breakfast included
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

There is only one chair in the room so the other person has to sit on the bed.

HAMPTON INN GREENFIELD RD LANCASTER - upgraded hotel, friendly staff, breakfast included Despite living only an hour away, we love our mini-trips to Lancaster and to HAMPTON INN GREENFIELD RD LANCASTER when we stay over as we did for two nights this time. The price is slightly more and outside the popular target areas but we love the upscale rooms, the friendly staff and the free buffet breakfast. Techies will love all the plug in options for your devices. A second reason we love this hotel is its walking distance proximity to Greenfield Restaurant, a fine dining option worth trying. Lastly, this hotel is quiet and offers a great reprieve from the busy retail and entertainment venues popular in Lancaster.

Great hotel base to explore.

Nothing I noticed.

Lovely staff. Arrived tired and they couldn't find my booking. They supplied us with beverage while I tried to get through to Booking.com. ( hint , if you sign in to Booking.com via FB it uses your FB profile!). Finally sorted out we checked in. Room comfortable. Beds soft. Bathroom clean. Free tea and coffee in lobby. Snacks available to buy ( chocolate/ noodles / ice cream) Breakfast was very good though it was busy and we waited a few minutes for a free table. Pool looked very nice but we didn't have time. We went to Hershey in the day, it's an hour drive to this hotel. Next day we will colored the Amish area and went to Bird in Hand farmers market. Also suggest googling covered bridges and trying to find some. Very picturesque.

Nice stay!
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Located very near The Amish country and the outlets. Breakfast was nice. Breakfast staff was wonderful! Check in and checkout staff very cheerful! I have stayed here twice. This time our room had just been renovated. It was fresh and clean! The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great choice when visiting the Amish country.
    • Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The accommodations were perfect for three best friends traveling together. Two queens and a large sofa bed. The breakfast was delicious...each day something different. Coffee and tea 24/7 was great.

Room location/accessibility, water pressure in showers,...
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Pillows were to squishy, not enough support.

Room location/accessibility, water pressure in showers, breakfast choices, quietness, friendliness of staff. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Very nice
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Poolside

The stay was great but the pillows are too soft and small. We are used to sleeping on memory foam pillows. The soft pillows do not allow much comfort.

We went there on our anniversary and it was acknowledged with a gift card and a box of candy. That was very nice gesture.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

My new favorite hotel in Lancaster.

Can't think of a thing.

Everything was great. Very clean, comfortable beds, staff was a pleasure to deal with. I know where I will stay on my next trip to Lancaster!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Short but sweet. Would return.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Study with Sofa Bed

No scrambled eggs only omelets. Some people don't like omelets. I miss hotels that don't have their own cafe/restaurant. Price was a little high fro services offered.

Beds were comfy. Hotel in excellent shape.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Great Stay At A Great Hotel
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

There was not a thing I did not like.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We were located close to our destinations and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Also we enjoyed the pool and the great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The entire place, room, dining area, lobby, pool, grounds...
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The entire place, room, dining area, lobby, pool, grounds were clean and staff was very helpful in location of areas we wanted to visit. Wish we could have had 3 more days there. Will probably return there soon.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Great place to stay with kids! Would come back again!
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast was very good! The pool was great! My kids had a blast and the staff was soooo kind to them! Gave them coloring pages and crayons every morning ❤️

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Loving it in Lancaster
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was good but not plentiful on the weekend. Had a large wedding party staying there and should have made sure there was extra food for the rest of us.

The room was comfortable and clean. A/C worked really well in the heat we had. Pool was great, appreciated the towels at the pool but they could be a little bigger. Lots of places to plug and charge electronics a plus.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Hampton Inns are always my go to place when we travel.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The best part was the quiet location. A morning walk in the local park started the day off perfect. Parking was sufficient and other patrons were quiet and and made for a peaceful visit.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

A good hotel base to discover Lancaster county.
    • Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not much to criticise, I would say a larger breakfast area would definitely be a plus.

Friendly and helpful staff. Large and quiet rooms, with comfortable beds. A heated outside swimming pool. Well situated with easy access to the well known Amish farmland and market towns. Easy Directions to go downtown Lancaster.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Very nice vacation
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Poolside

The bed pillows were too soft.

Location was perfect. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was excellent. Courteous, friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool was perfect.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Good but probably won't return.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I was very unhappy with the lack of cleanliness of the carpet in the room. They should really be regularly steamed cleaned. I would bathe my kids and their feet would literally be black just mins after because the carpets were filthy. My husband's socks were also black. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable (pillows too soft, no neck or head support). I am never one to ever complain (I can't stand complainers) but these were really annoying and I had to let you know to improve the service. Thank you.

The breakfast was ok. The staff was very good. The pool was very nice.

Great location near highway,...and Visitor Center (highly recommend)and Costco (plus ⛽️) really near.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Side door entrance area needs some attention (cobwebs/bugs.) Nothing major.

Friendly/helpful staff, good bkfast, outdoor pool

The cleaning lady

• Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Shower didn’t work, door lock broken, small rooms.

Clean attractive roomy rooms.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The mattress was very very firm. I have back issues which require a firm mattress. This mattress was way too firm!

I would stay again but in a better room
    • King Suite Mobility/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Tthe breakfast wasnt con at all, no varieties the pool was small and only 5 feet, curtain was missing and lighting was not good

The bef

Very comfortable clean and everyone was extremely nice Will stay there when in Lancaster

Everything was excellent.

It was coffee and tea all night.Their was snacks in the lobby. Will stay there whenever in Lancaster.

The staff was helpful, hotel super clean and has great...

Just more breakfast options

The staff was helpful, hotel super clean and has great facilities.

Quick, there overnight. I called in the afternoon to see if i could get an early check in but at 1

Friendly accurate and fast

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was located right off of the highway.

Was very pleasant to stay there - everything was clean and nice!
    • Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

everything was clean and nice - and the breakfast was AMAZING!!

Clean
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Breakfast hours too short. Would be nice if it went till 12 noon.

Clean

Quite ok
    • King Studio - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I would have liked more variety at breakfast in terms of a hot meal

The room size was quite good

Great shopping and restaurants

Great shopping and restaurants

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The employees were very friendly and helpful!
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The employees were very friendly and helpful!!

Lovely time.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

No bacon or sausage for breakfast.

All was fine.

Clean room super soft bed

Clean room super soft bed

Excellent Thanksgiving Stay.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Nothing I can put the finger on.

Whole atmosphere

Ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Poolside

Kids were running everywhere and laying in the hall. My friend tried to step over one because he wouldn’t move and he tried to trip her.

Continental breakfast .

Continental breakfast . Friendliness of staff

It was a great stay and close to all of the shopping and dining we had planned for the weekend.
    • Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. The food, the comfort of the beds, and the cleanliness of the rooms.

Room was very clean and hotel was renovated.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

No dresser in room, curtain shades didn't close all the way.

Room was very clean and hotel was renovated.

No complaints.
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

No complaints, except maybe install a bar.

Did not eat BF there

Breakfast was so so.

Breakfast was so so.

Awesome!
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The staff was super friendly and helpful.

Very helpful and friendly staff.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Very helpful and friendly staff. The room, dining area, lobby were clean. Very good location. Free parking.

Breakfast was good- my husband wanted bacon - but the eggs...
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

The elevator was old that was about it

Breakfast was good- my husband wanted bacon - but the eggs had ham

Good choice for families with pool for kids and good breakfasts included
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Toilet blocked during the night

Staff very friendly Excellent breakfast included

Shower
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Humidity in room so high, very uncomfortable. I reported it. Air not working properly.

Shower

Wonderful place to stay. Would highly recommend it!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything.Staff was very friendly.

Better towels

Better towels

good
    • Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

pull out bed linen was dirty

Definitely will be booking and staying again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Poolside

The bed was very comfortable,room was clean & service was terrific! LOVED the heated pool!

not much
    • Non-Smoking King Study

size of room ,comfort, quality of mattress and sheets as they continually came off.

not much

Good value.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

In room coffee maker provided, but no coffee pot. Paper cup provided instead to brew coffee.

Ideal location from major highways and shopping.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

good, aside from all the noise

construction work going on. Very Noisy during the day It stopped at 5:30 pm

good breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Remodeling,so it is new. Very nice
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Elevator very slow. Can't use stairs due to disability waited 10 min to get elevator

Comfort

Clean room good food

Pillows not comfortable

Clean room good food

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

It was Christmas weekend, and the staff could not have been...
    • Non-Smoking King Study

It was Christmas weekend, and the staff could not have been more gracious!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

I would stay again.

Bed was extra soft.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Loved it!
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

Beautiful and immaculate hotel. Great location for visiting Amish Country. Bed was heavenly!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

VERY comfy bed, appreciate all the fluffy pillows
    • Queen Room with Microwave and Refrigerator - Non-Smoking

No movies to watch. It would be a great addition to the hotel!

VERY comfy bed, appreciate all the fluffy pillows

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Clean comfortable.

Clean comfortable. Hampton is quality

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Comfortable, Quiet and Friendly!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The bed was super comfortable and room was clean! Staff was very, very helpful and breakfast was great, lots to pick from choice wise!