Reviews of Hampton Inn Lexington I-75 3 stars

2251 Elkhorn Road, Lexington, KY 40505, USA

#32 of 62 hotels in Lexington

Probably my last stay
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Had an issue with my room, when I went down thi get it corrected, Miranda was attempting to help me but needed deborah's assistance. Deborah stopped helping and began helping another guest who came down after. When I asked why I was being put aside, Deborah was rude, made rude comments and rolled her eyes. When I responded in turn, she became even more disrespectful. When my issue was finally resolved, Miranda apologized and I told her my experience would be in my review, Deborah said "oh please" a f something else I couldn't make out.

Later we had another problem worh the ice machine and the was a member if staff, Wayne who responded absolutely fabulously. He even went to another floor to get my elderly mother a bucket of ice. Miranda attempted to be helpful, I just don't believe she was experienced enough.

The room was clean.
    • King Study Room - Non-Smoking

Furniture was a little warm, the hallways and bathroom need updated. It made them seem unclean. I tried walking barefoot but the floor seemed dirty. Very rude lady serving breakfast. I asked about the type of sausage being served (my daughter can’t have gluten). She rolled her eyes and told me she didn’t know and that my daughter could have a banana and some cereal. I did later over hear her telling another staff member that she was quitting soon.

The room was clean. Up to date appliances in room. No problem with noise and we were right next to the vending. The sheets were clean and There were pillows and blankets for the pull out.

Very nice and relaxing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the room... some lite bulbs out

Breakfast was great and Betty the attendant was friendly and very helpful. The front desk was efficient And helpful

Very sub par for Hampton

Out dated - dirty - heating ac did not work - pillows smelled of body odor - did not have a top sheet had to cover with clean blanket found in closet - top afghan was not clean and also had body odor

It was a half way spot to meet family and we had a fantastic time.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

It is an older hotel and well stayed at and showing it's age. But it was clean and that is what matters.

I stay at the Hampton's for their beds as I always can count on a good nights sleep! The beds and pillows are comfortable and the bedding is crisp, clean and cozy.

Bed was comfy -- pillows not so much.

Our toilet started overflowing from the back through the handle - wouldn't quit running the last evening we were there. Called downstairs to report and desk person said maintenance wouldn't be in till next morning. Moved us to another room, but evidently planned to let the leak continue all night - was already pooling on the floor. We took it upon ourselves to shut off the water valve the stool to prevent leaking into carpeted area. Didn't seem too concerned. Also both room outlets for hair dryer pulled away from wall when we tried to unplug. Expected better for amount of money.

Bed was comfy -- pillows not so much. Breakfast was good.

Qunite room great sleep.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Our door entry lock was broken. We had to get a gentleman from maintainece let us in the room 3 times.

Very friendly staff. Bottle of water and warm cookies were offered immediately. Room was decorated nicely and it had a cozy feeling to it.

Convenient to Hwy.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Extremely pooor shower water pressure & just warm. Heater rattled loudly when it was running. Dark hallway entrance. Only bananas & yogurt available at breakfast bar. No sugar for coffee at breakfast.

Convenient to Hwy.

It was fine but I did not want to touch any of the furniture.

The fabric on every piece of furniture in both my room and the lobby / breakfast area was stained and needed to be replaced.

The staff was very friendly

Dumpy
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The only thing that made this a Hampton was the sign. The lobby looked like a Hampton , but turn the corner and carpet was ripped, elevator smelled, wallpaper peeling. Ceiling above pool deteriorating. I've been to enough Hamptons and had an expectation of what I would get for the money, and this place was severely lacking. The room was cramped. The walls were scuffed up, furniture looked like it came from a thrift shop. Lampshades scratched and dented. Chairs worn. Bathroom floor had grime in corners, chipped paint in tub. I'm not saying I'm too good to stay here, but don't charge me Hampton rates for a place like that. $89 would have been fair. This place made me distrust the Hampton brand, and I'll most likely stay at Holiday Inn Express from now on.

Location was convenient. Good restaurants nearby.

Would NEVER stay there again!!
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Parking was very tight. The carpeting was not good. And the beds were horrible. I will never stay in a Hampton Inn if this one is representative of them all.

Was close to the location of an appt

Our stay in Lex
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Ice machine on our floor didn't work. We didn't have a fridge or microwave in our room. Other wise everything went fine.

Close to where we needed to go. everything was fine in our room.

One of the best places I have stayed when traveling from South to North on I75
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I did not like.

The hotel is in a nice area, and was clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly. Very accommodating for visitors with pets. They were very engaging, and made you feel welcome. Great place for the value. Bed was comfortable, breakfast great. Will definitely return to this hotel.

The bed was very comfy - I think because it was harder than...

There was a sound every so many minutes - sort of like a thump - and I realize it was only happening when I had the TV on. At first I thought it was the refrigerator making a noise, but later realize it was the TV. I had stayed on June 14th (room 122) and on June 20th (room 318).

The bed was very comfy - I think because it was harder than mine at home. Like that you had oranges and pineapple slices for breakfast - most motels do not.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Disappointed
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Small room, over priced, not provided fresh towels for second night, no biscuits and gravy, no bacon, out of breakfast items and slow to replace when running out. Cost was $369 for two nights and half that price is about all it was worth.

Pet friendly

Loved that the pool was indoors and warm.
    • King Study Room - Non-Smoking

The decor is very outdated. We asked for a porta crib to be in the room. When we arrived it wasn't there. When we asked for it to be brought up, the man just dropped the pack and play off in the floor. We set it up and there were no sheets for it either

Loved that the pool was indoors and warm.

Heading North in I75
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

Appeared to be short staffed. Long wait times for service. Breakfast only one staff member couldn't keep up with food demands. Had to remind staff person that some food items were empty. When the hotel is completely booked the night before that should be an indicator that more food staff will be needed in at least the 6-9 am time period.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Older facility, but adequate.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Full vs Queen beds. No ventilation fan in the bathroom. No refrigerator. Lights over desk table had to be screwed in, in order to turn them on and off. Not all of the outlets worked. Older facility--pricey for the lack of these amenities, but clean and adequate.

The staff was very pleasant. The place was clean. The breakfast was adequate.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great stopping point.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

The pillows. But I am a light sleeper and usually travel with my own for comfort. I used 3 together for support. I did get a good nights sleep once I got comfortable.

The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were plenty of dining options within a short distance of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

A hotel where you want to stay after a hard day's work is done.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

A little noisy at times stemming from some interior plumbing or something. Nothing dramatic though.

We liked everything for a Hotel of this type. Breakfast service was just great, the room was very comfortable and homey. I will stay there again when in town.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

This was a very comfortable experience, my little Doggie and...
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

This was a very comfortable experience, my little Doggie and I had a relaxing night. I felt safe staying here by myself with my pet. I will travel back to Lexington Ky in a few months to stay again 😎

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Was charged a reservation fee that I called about 4 times...
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Was charged a reservation fee that I called about 4 times and was told 4 different ways to resolve this...finally got the straight answer from my credit card company...was rudely told by one person after calling my credit card company and then calling back as I was told to do. That she knew what info was requested on the cover sheet.. Otherwise room was good.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Early morning wake-up by fire alarm siren.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Unfortunately there was a false fire alarm at 6 AM (was in the shower at the time). Had to vacate the hotel for the fire department. Made the stay rather unpleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Not worth the money and one of the worst Hamptons I've been to.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

The rooms are old and dated. Location is right off I-75 with lots of other hotels. No ethestic quality at all. food so-so and coffee not hot.

It was all very average

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

It was just o.k.

The room and bathroom were way too small. Pool was closed and two of the treadmills were out of order. Housekeeping was less than average!

The location! The breakfast and complimentary cookies were good!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Great stay!
    • King Study Room - Non-Smoking

I booked the room through an online reservation site. When I checked in to the hotel, they did not have the correct reservation. But they upgraded my room to a suite. We had lots of room!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

This hotel is okay to stay for one night. A poor nice sleep due to the uncomfortable beds.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The beds were very uncomfortable. There wasn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The outside noise and cigarette smoke from parking lot came through to our room.

The hotel was clean and the staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Nothing special. Was overpriced for what we got.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Room was not as clean as other Hampton Inns. Internet access was a chore. Table for computer usage was too high and the chair failed to operate correctly resulting in sore back. Cabinetry in the room looked old and very worn

The bed was fine.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

2nd stay in a week.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The second stay found our room looked clean but I always use a sanitizing wipe upon arrival and needed to use 3, mostly because of the air conditioner vents and the selves under the sink had not been dusted. The tub and sink did not drain well but the front desk will report that after we left. Would like to have more lighting as it is difficult to see to apply makeup. Also would be good to allow more time to complete your surveys since we were still traveling when the first offer expired.

Convenient. Food was good and kept supplied, even when there were two busloads of seniors. Cookies were missing but desk made more for us just before 8:00 PM. Front desk has recommendations for restaurants with maps and menus. Although we drove to the KY Horse Park and took the Horse Farm Tour (fantastic) from there, we could have taken it from the hotel. An ambulance needed to be called for another guest but they were directed through the side/back so other guests were unaware. Our room on our first stay was very clean and well appointed. We had asked for a quiet room and both were, especially the second room in the corner on the 5th floor.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great Place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Strip club across the street. Entrance to room was a little tight.

Great Staff. Well stocked breakfast. Lots of plug ins for electronics in room. Comfy beds.

Decent stay

Shabby and worn

Breakfast is good. Pets are allowed.

Good
    • King Study Room - Non-Smoking

You can really tell there was age on the room -

Air conditioning was nice- nice size room and bathroom

Nice staff

Sticky bathroom floors

Nice staff

close to highway and appears well maintained

close to highway and appears well maintained

Easy on and off from I-75.

Needs some updating.

The facility was clean.

Quiet and refreshing.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

We had a problem with the tv and remote. It was quickly remedied.

The room was very clean. Just what I expect and want. Service was excellent.

Review

The bed pillows were cheap and weren’t comfortable.

The staff , breakfast and it was clean.

Only 45 minutes from the Ark Encounter!
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Pool wasn’t open, leak in ceiling

Reception was friendly

We have stayed there numerous times, finishes looks a bit...

We have stayed there numerous times, finishes looks a bit worn. Could use refresh in the room.

The hotel was clean, but looked a little tired.
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

Thought the breakfast wasn't up to par. Our room was clean, but the bed needed a new mattress.

It was a great location, right off I-75.

Complimentary breakfast was nice.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Complimentary breakfast was nice. Beds were comfortable! Pillows were great! Kids liked the pool!

Very nice area and nice facility breakfast was a bonus

No dissapointments

Over all experience was excellent

Relaxing and a friendly inviting environment

A few more pillows would have been great

The staff was so welcoming and so personable each time you ran into them. Really made for a great experience.

Needs to be upgraded

Needs to be upgraded

Loved the mattress, pillows and coffee.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Loved the mattress, pillows and coffee.

Overall good except for food quality.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was poor. Food quality poor and hot food only warm at best

Good place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast should be served earlier.

Great they allowed me to bring my cat no extra charge.

Only when necessary
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Cost, run down in need of updates

Excellent!

Nothing about it.

Very convenient, comfortable and friendly.

Left before breakfast

Left before breakfast

Very accommodating, would stay again if the opportunity arises.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Beds were comfortable, wide assortment of breakfast foods, clean and very friendly.

will not return to that location

not close to restaurants that serve adult beverages uncomfortable bed

A super welcome!

A leaking toilet that had to be fixed at 11 PM

I can park my car and walk anywhere I need to go.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

I can park my car and walk anywhere I need to go. Rooms comfortable. Very quiet. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast good

Nice hotel

Nice hotel

Friendly and helpful staff.

Breakfast was just average.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and comfortable bed.

The front desk staff was super awesome

Close to the interstate. Easy to get to.

The front desk staff was super awesome

Feel safe with your stay.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Not enough handy cap parking at ALL of your hotels.

Good breakfast. Very friendly people. Fruit out all the time with cheese squares. Very nice.

Nice location, friendly staff.

It was nice!

Comfortable bed, friendly check in check out people. Nice facility, easy on off to the highway.

Honest staff!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The back door was kept locked during the day.

I left my ipad in the room. The housekeeping staff locked it up until I could return the next day.

This Hampton Inn is a five star

Loved the comfy bed

THE place to stay in Lexington !

Great staff at desk and everywhere. Very friendly and accommodating. Great location. Comfortable and clean!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

An oasis midway on a 750 mile trip. Always look forward to it.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Nice breakfast buffet. Many choices.

Friendly staff, particularly the breakfast host

Friendly staff, particularly the breakfast host

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Convenient location.

Parking.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Room was very dusty and dirty.
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Room was very dusty and dirty. Smelled like cigarette smoke and musty.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Very pleased with the accomodations.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Nice room. Really comfortable bed.

Overall a good stay this weekend
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Ac system shuts off st night allowing the time to become too hot

Rooms and facilities were nice and clean

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Restful stay after driving 10 hours
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Enjoyed the hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Great breakfast
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

Small room...noisy heating , air conditoning

Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

A little bit a of black mold in the tub caulking.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

A little bit a of black mold in the tub caulking.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Did not leave the room

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Bathroom door squeaked.
    • Queen Room with Accessible Bathtub- Non-Smoking

Bathroom door squeaked. Loud fan sound near room door.