Reviews of Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia 3 stars

311 East Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91006, USA

#1 of 7 hotels in Arcadia

This was a awesome place to stay...breakfast and coffee was great and convenient.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only when the ants attached our room and we contacted the front office she immediately contacted maintenance and they were there within minutes to eradicated the lines of ants. They did a good job...no harm done.

Convenient to many eats and shopping.

Nice place to stay in LA area
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Shower head is a little weak. Bathroom has a slide door without lock

Great stuff. Nice breakfast. Clean and modern decor. Room is comfortable. Price is good.

I love Hampton Inn ❤️
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really, I just had one plug in the bathroom that didn’t but it wasn’t a big deal. I like to straighten my hair by the air conditioning anyway.

I love these Hotels, the hot breakfast is good and not to mention saves me allot as a parent on my food budget. The shower water was warm just like I love it! The beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly. Also as a parent with a special needs child, who is in pull-ups. I asked for a water resistant mattress cover! And It was brought up to my room. The pool was beautiful clean, and warm. This is my second stay in a Hampton Inn, my last was is Ontario, California. They are just amazing! When I search for hotel stays I actually just plug in Hampton Inn first.

Good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door is also the closet door, not very practical. Can't lock it while using the restroom. That can be improved for more privacy

Clean room, comfortable bed

Good location, clean room and friendly staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smoking area was right by a door. So scent of smoke could be detected in hallway.

Great location. Not far from Rosebowl. Clean and friendly staff. We arrived late...we called ahead to let them know. And staff was on duty at 12:15 am to check us in.

We arrived early. They were very nice at check in and gave us a room on the ground floor.
    • King Room with Small Sofa - Non-Smoking

The coffee was the worst I have ever tasted. It was weak Like drinking water. The room because we checked in early was on the first floor right by the elevator. It was noisy and you hear the elevator as well as the parking lot with cars coming and going. Ask for higher floors.

They let us check in early

Meh.

Better beds, sheets, pillows, breakfast choices, and more welcoming staff

Convenient location for our visit and mid-range quality at a somewhat fair price

It was a very nice place to stay, with a very friendly staff.

The room itself needed a little upgrade, but I understand the hotel is in the process of doing so, so that’s good. Had some trouble with the shower leaking water onto the floor of the bathroom.

Liked the location, the lobby/breakfast eating area, the swimming pool, and the afternoon cookies.

would choose something else...at least until renovations are complete.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel is being renovated but we obviously were not in a room that had been. Outdated. Mold and mildew on the ceiling and also doorframe of bathroom. Grout missing. Dingy feeling. Breakfast not as good as other Hampton Inns that we have stayed in. Too expensive for the accommodations...especially with all the other neighboring properties to choose from.

Staff was nice. Bed was comfortable.

Pleasant stay, in a well positioned property...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Minor bellyaches, which I pointed out to staff at departure....Reading lamp, at bedside, switch was kaput, so no illumination. Also, second floor ice machine was on the fritz, and was not producing ice...

Greeted by the lovely Tania, and a large chap (no name tag), who were very pleasant and engaging. Room, including bathroom, was nicely appointed and clean. Microwave and mini fridge included! Ample free parking. Good selection of breakfast items, and a comfy seating area. Would stay here again, no doubt about it...

Great location close to restaurants and freeway.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Some nights it was difficult to find parking. Shower head was a little dirty n clogged.

Great location close to restaurants and freeway. Facility is well maintained. Friendly staff. 24 hr coffee and hot chocolate.

not to our stays at other Hamptons, but excellent location to the Metro.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was to hard, closet very small, closet door a JOKE, BATH SHOWER CONTROL KNOB on the wrong side of the shower, floor tile grout-dirty, grout missing on some base floor tile, frig - very noisy, but great towels.

Nice surroundings, took a early morning walk, and felt safe, close to the venues we were looking for

There wasn't really anything that I didn't like.

the breakfast was OK, nice variety. The facilities was quite at night. I would stay there again

Excellent value, wonderful location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Some of the rooms have doors to link the rooms. The doors didn’t shut all the way and were not very secure. Although there were signs to indicate locking for security purposes, people on the other side could make the doors move and give the impression the doors were opening and not locked.

Very pleasant. Quiet, clean, nice staff, near plenty of restaurants and LA Arboretum.

Loud buzzing light in bathroom- But that's what fluorescent lights do, so no big deal.

Staff - Friendly and followed up immediately with a pull out mirror that needed to be fixed.

Adequate. Fine for a one night stop but I would go elsewhere for a longer stay.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Curtain pull is broken, pull out mirror in the bathroom is distorted. No "Welcome to our Hotel" book in the room with info on the hotel, TV, area attractions, phone numbers, etc. Minor issues but they were noticed.

room was clean and comfortable. Recently remodeled. It's close to Santa Anita Racetrack which is why we chose it.

Entire room needs updating, esp matress After a long day I need a great shower & matress
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Issues with the television, room phone non operational, hair on bed covers, shower layout (hurt elbows due to design layout, minimal outlets (again, layout issue)

Visible from street

Worked fine for a one night stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only issue I had was that being a short senior, the bed was higher than normal, making it more difficult for me to get in and out.

Good variety of food offered for breakfast. Location was perfect, being very short distance of restaurants and shopping.

our 6 night stay met all our needs for the trip, loved our dinners at the Derby Restaurant close by
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

mess of construction right outside our door although the actual construction never bothered us as we were gone during their working hours.

All breakfasts were great, we were there 6 nights, would have preferred to be in one of the newly remodeled rooms as they were much lighter and brighter with everything new..

Everything was perfect. We will stay at this hotel again if in the area.

Everything was perfect.

This the second time we have stayed at this hotel while in the area. We love its location, so convenient to get to Santa Anita Race Track. We love the room, breakfast and everyone makes you feel like family.

Overall, it was very nice!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

We were put in a room on the 4th floor at the very end of the hall and We were next to a room that was part of an adjoining room and we could hear the people next door, woke us in the morning.

Everything!

comfortable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

placed in a hearing impaired room. I assume that's why the bathroom door does not have a lock. tight area with a rolling chair since i have 2 queen beds.

Comfortable room. Location to restaurants.

I would definetly stay here again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that there was a funny smell coming from the couch or the carpet. I had to move to the desk chair which was uncomfortable.

Bathroom Amenities, quiet, I really liked the couch and coffee table. We were able to play cards and it was a lot of fun. Also the recommendation for Pizza by your great staff it was delicious and fast. Breakfast was pretty good too! the coffee was great and the staff kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked with eggs and bacon. Yum.

It was average and not my first booking choice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The included breakfast was below average and not at all on par with my stay at Embassy Suites next door. No restaurant, bar or room service did spoil what could have been an excellent hotel.

Excellent staff, very helpful and cheerful. Hotel and room comfortable and clean.

Never again.

Air conditioners (I changed rooms three times for a total of four rooms) didn't work worth beans. Couldn't get the rooms cool. Bed was marginally comfortable. Sheets fair. Comforter terrible. Cotton blanket poor. Water in bath only warm, not hot. Two rooms had a sofa and two rooms had a ridiculous chair-foot stool combined so it wasn't possible to simply sit in a comfortable chair and read. The reading lights were totally inadequate. So disappointing. All in all, a FAIL. Next trip I'll go with a Marriott owned facility.

frig in room, microwave in room, love that
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I know a lot of hotels are using this same shower design, but I hate it. Are not able to adjust water temperture unless your standing in front of it?

frig in room, microwave in room, love that

Other than parking, overall good stay.
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Parking was limited. Noticed a couple of abandoned cars in lot that took up parking, which was full at times.

Breakfast was good and staff was friendly. Room was clean and comfortable.

Couldn't have been better.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

From the time of arrival, everything was excellent, including the assistance at the front desk, cleanliness and comfort of the room, as well as the complimentary breakfast.

I will never go to the Hampton Inn again it's specifically bad location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The false pretenses the notion of a refund or rebate lack of information given to customers from employees... fraudulent credit card fraud

The waffle maker and the linen in the room ..very dissatisfied overall poor customer service and money scamming

Very fast stay only slept there really did nothing at the hotel other than sleep
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

I stay at this hotel every year when I come to the Los Angeles area . It works for me because it's a fairly decent location and proximity to people I want to see .

Centrally located in downtown Arcadia, walking distance to...

The shower was brand new, however, they didnt turn the water on. The hotel had to have a serviceman, then the contractor, come in to fix the water. Also, breakfast in am was cold and greasy.

Centrally located in downtown Arcadia, walking distance to several venues.

Conveniently located in Santa Anita.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

It was a little noisy that you can hear the other rooms. But then again screaming kids are loud anyways. If there wasn't kids it would be noise free almost.

Conveniently located in Santa Anita. We went there for the 626 night market food festival

Property and amenities are very nice and offer great potential, but the place is not guest friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was mostly rude, unwilling to accommodate, some even threw insulting remarks we felt unwelcomed Wi-Fi was slow and never worked well

Location, facilities, breakfast, decor

Clean, clean, and more clean, friendly and fast! Best bed ever.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were comfortable! They were as if clouds came into the room! :) I especially loved the room and the COLD AC. The room was extremely clean and it didn't even smell like those cheap hotel rooms. I am definitely booking here again! Downtown LA is just under hour away too!

Overall, good place to stay, but some tweaks needed.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Eggs cardboard - no flavor. Had to ask for a shower chair in an accessible room. The chair barely fit the tub. Room not well organized - coffee set-ups in the bathroom (yuck) where there was already very little space for toiletries, etc., HVAC blows directly on anyone sitting @ the desk. No available outlet @ bedside on one side (there were 2 of us) without unplugging the clock or lamp. Construction crew put the large trash bin across the disability parking space to our room. I travel a lot & look for these details.

Great mattress! The staff was wonderful - friendly, helpful, responsive to requests. The room was very clean. Location in Arcadia excellent! Note: Question about walking distance, not applicable due to my Great location, but physical impairment. A lot of services nearby, but I could not WALK there.

Excellent location close to major shopping and attractions.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Excellent location close to major shopping and attractions. Property is clean and quiet, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast has a good selection of fresh fruit, and both hot and cold choices (eggs, bacon, cereal, waffles, yogurt, pastries, etc.) We have stayed here several times and will continue coming back.

Okay stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

1. The floors in the bathroom weren't that clean. A lot of stray, long black hairs on the ground. 2. No trashcan liners in the room or bathroom (not sure if that is what hotels do now?). 3. The smokers' area is right outside the side door which made it hard to go in and out with my baby with me. 4. And the worst though was the Continental breakfast. Very disappointed in the sausage and egg choice. Sausage was super gross and the egg omelette was super rubbery and cold. Not happy with that meal at all. And breakfast at a hotel is a big deal breaker for me. I'm not likely to go back to this hotel simply for that reason.

The staff was very helpful - helping me with the luggage cart since I was carrying my 8 month old son.

Arcadia Hampton Inn
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Parking was awful. There are not enough spaces for the number of rooms and guests. When we returned at night, and found no spaces in the parking lot, we were told to just park next door in the Soup Plantation lot. Since there is a posted ordinance sign in that lot "No public parking", we were concerned that our car would be towed. At the least, if the hotel has an arrangement with Soup Plantation, they should supply parking passes to their guests.

Perfect location for our purpose, which was to go to the Arcadia Blues Club. I like that there is daily breakfast that goes until 10:00 am, but if you get there at 9:30 or later, don't plan on getting a real breakfast; nothing left but a few sausage and rolls.

Nice hotel near freeways and restaurants within walking distance
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the mattress on the sofa that made into a bed. Everything else was great!

Very quiet and close to the major freeways. Restaurants within walking distance. The sofa made into a bed, but my daughter could feel the springs through the mattress, so she elected to sleep on top of the sofa. Very accommodating and friendly staff!

sad and frustrated
    • King Room with Small Sofa - Non-Smoking

We had a cockroach in the couch, It was a big and cockroach... and then it was discovered that the sofa was not a pull out sofa, I ordered it for 3 adults, we only had a king size bed, The hotel had no other rooms available and no more pull outs.... very upset!

_

Restful Night and Good Breakfast

My wife and I were in town for a concert at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. Hampton Inn Arcadia was only 10 minutes away from downtown Pasadena. It's also right along Huntington Dr. and is mixed in with shops and a strong mix of restaurants. I try to look for a Hampton Inn wherever I go for the level of service, consistent and clean accommodations. As always, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean with a strong shower, and the breakfast had plenty of options. I always get a waffle! The best part is that my wife likes them as well, so I've been blessed with peaceful travels wherever we go (where there's a Hampton Inn). I've stayed in $500 a night hotels in Tokyo and received an earful, but never Hampton Inn! Other reviewers say the rooms a little older, but property is in the process of upgrading all its rooms. I didn't have any issue with dust or noise, but I stayed over the weekend, so it may have been that were was simply no construction going on. I did catch a glimpse of one the newly renovated rooms. While not quite my taste, everything had been changed out and was much more stylish.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Hidden Gem in Arcadia and LA County!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was Great no Complaints!

This Hotel has the best Breakfast every Morning without fail, tons of variety and the staff are more than super helpful they make you feel at home like they are your aunts and uncles there is not enough space here to say how great this property is really its truly a hidden Gem inside Arcadia and LA County!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Very good accomodation
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Courteous and friendly front desk staff. Lovely, newly renovated room, sparkling clean. Soft and very comfortable bed. Beautiful bed linens. 24 free coffee bar. Good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Newly renovated modern rooms, overall great stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When sitting at the pool, you pick up wifi from the next door hotel, which then you can't use as it can't verify your room # and name, which was a little inconvenient. Then again, one should be in the pool then, not on your phone!

Newly refurbished room in great style, lots of comfy pillows, Hampton policy is all duvet covers (and sheets obviously) are washed for each guest which makes for a much more clean and comfortable stay. Nice breakfast bar, fresh made waffles, coffee/tea available all day. Neutrogena bath products, hair dryer, iron and ironing board provided in room, on site free parking, pool open 9a-10pm.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Tucked away, kinda hidden.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything I didn't like. I think the this was the one with the super slow elevators, I could be wrong and confusing it with another hotel in the area. Just stayed here 2 days.

Very good breakfast experience, like the food and layout of the the dining it's a social sitting and comfortable. The rooms are very nice, huge restroom with adjustable magnifying mirror found helpful to do my eyebrows. And the cable was excellent got tons of channels I like to watch like discovery and natgeo and history channels.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Nice area outside of L.A. craziness
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Price was quite a bit higher than other Hampton Inns.

Location was very convenient to dining options. Staff was nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

very comfortable bed, clean and spacious room (very nice...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

water faucet a bit hard to figure out how to adjust

very comfortable bed, clean and spacious room (very nice bathroom too), delicious breakfast and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Served a purpose since I stayed there because I was having...

The love seat in the room was hard as a rock and hence unsitable. The back of the bathtub was at a 90° angle making it impossible to lean back and relax in.

Served a purpose since I stayed there because I was having a surgery nearby. It was clean quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Relaxing bath turned into a tube full of paint flakes.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The front desk didn't follow up after the matter. Expected to relax in the bathtub and had to jump outdue to old paint chipping in the tube with me. At first I thought maybe may bath gel didn't disolve but that wasn't the case. I called down to front desk and the gentlemen answered, I told him what it was he offered to change my room or clean tube. I said No its paint chippings. Then I ask Please send someone up to see. Carlos was amazing. I didn't take a bath instead I had to take a shower.

Carlos the houseman was very empathetic to the issue. He made me fill like he cared.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Good place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Bathtub could have been a little cleaner.

It was convenient for my access to my customer and the fact that there is a Starbucks right across the street was great. The morning breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Happy Stay

The Air Conditioning is a bit noisy. It will add value if is replaced with silent one.

Excellent customer service, comfy bed, nice breakfast and close to amenities.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Clean, friendly and great breakfast!

Staff was nice and generous, clean rooms, it was worth the money- great breakfast- compared to other hotel/motel we visited- I really recommend. 😊

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

My favorite place to stay in the LA area
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Some confusion about my reservation at time of check-in. It was in their system by my middle initial not my last name. It got resolved in a few minutes with an apology. Glad I had printed out my confirmation and had it with me. (I don't have a smart phone.)

Have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times in past years. In my opinion it is the Best location to stay while in the LA area. Easy freeway access. Many nearby restaurants to choose from, wide price range. It had been renovated since I my last visit. Breakfast is very good with a wide variety of choices, more seating options this time. Always clean, with comfortable beds and fluffy towels. Neutrogena soaps and shampoos are my favorite at home. Very pleased with having them available in the bathroom. Nice charging port on the desk.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Coffee pot not working properly

Coffee pot not working properly Breakfast mediocre Did not like configuration of room Difficult to move around Price expensive for what you got

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Close to shopping and restaurants and your staff were very...

The serving area for breakfast was a little unorganized, became crowded whIle guest waited for their waffles.

Close to shopping and restaurants and your staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Good and bad
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was grubby. The charge ports on the desk did not work and the cords to it were so dusty and covered in grime I dared not touch.

Nice lobby, breakfast, and staff were very nice. The

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Nice hotel, plain pool
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was a disappointment. It was a pool...murky and cold with little furniture, openly facing a back parking lot (iron fence, but see thru). We didn't stay long nor did anyone else.

Above average breakfast. Clean room, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Was very pleased given the price and would definately stay again.

Bed was extra soft, didn't help back. Reading chair had seen better days.

Excellent location for Northern destinations, very nice local restaurants. Room size adequate and quiet.

Family visit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Hampton has a nice breakfast, pool, and grounds.

Clean, easy freeway access.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, easy freeway access.Will stay here again!

IF you could guareentee nice weather, we'd love to use the pool next time!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Bed and pillows and bedding were great. I don't care for the egg patties at all. The scrambled eggs were very good. The bacon was super!

Awesome
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Awesome place to stay if you like Chinese food

overall, it's a very decent hotel, nice and clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the location is very convenient, especially most of my friends are staying in the area.

Friendly staff

Construction ongoing

Friendly staff

It was fine.

?

It was fine. I stay there quite often.

Enjoyable stay. Would highly recommend.

No complaints.

Close proximity to restaurant(s).

Would stay again!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Did not like the new bathroom door. No privacy lock and was also the closet door....not a good idea!

The room was newly remodeled, comfortable bed!

Very nice. Booking again in June!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Renovated room. Love the lighting and shelf on the bathroom vanity. Staff were very polite and helpful.

This is our go-to hotel when in the area for medical appointments at local hospital.
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Great breakfast buffet, nice selection and all fresh and appealing!

Great location and reasonable room rate and great breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby area a little out dated needs upgrading.

Location was great for our needs. Staff were friendly. Reasonable room rate.

Sofa bed.

Sofa bed. Refrigerator and microwave

Great stay, friendly employees, good breakfast, and super clean and shiny place.

The construction noise.

Super clean and great employees.

All right

Breakfast was not the best. Oatmeal Was soupy fruit hard. Bagel dry

Location and staff

The staff is quiet friendly and the room is very clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff is quiet friendly and the room is very clean P

Customer service from front desk was horrible!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Customer service from front desk was horrible!!! Not returning!