Reviews of Hampton Inn Los Angeles-Santa Clarita 3 stars

25259 The Old Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91381, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Santa Clarita

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

I couldn't get points because I booked through a third party. That's not specifc to this property but is a bummer.

Staff was great, it was clean, quiet and comfortable.

They offer some additional cosmetics in case you forget something... but even though they offer some stuff only for men (like shaving accessories and cosmetics), they don’t offer e.g. makeup remover for women - that seems a little bit chauvinistic.

The room was big. Staff was very helpful and friendly. When I needed to wash sth in the laundromat, they gave me the washing powder for free. Breakfast was ok.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Nothing that we experienced.

The staff was very friendly and accomadating. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was great, especially the waffles! The location was perfect for what we needed. We were close to the College of the Canyons, where our grandaughter was graduating from Saugus High School,and not far from our son's house in Santa Clarita. I will highly recommend this place to my family and friends and will definitely stay again when we come back to visit.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Busy breakfast room, one young man was fantastic! When I told him the coffee was empty he practically ran to replace it and was very pleasant about it.

Noisy. Way too noisy. The room was somewhat isolated toward the front of the building - second floor. With the Ice maker and staff/maintenance room just outside the door, the continually making of ice and opening/closing of the staff door was annoying. But the largest complaint is the freeway noise - you need thicker glass on the windows facing the road.

The building and surrounding were fine. A little tricky to find based on the placement of the large sign.

Room isn’t big but there was only 2 of us so it really want a big deal

The cleanliness was great, that’s usually the first thing I look for when finding a place to stay. Staff was very polite and breakfast was really good, I will be staying here again when I come back

nothing.

Decent breakfast. Had omelettes and a decent selection of breakfast items. Always coffee and tea available and the staff were nice. Room was clean and the price was right.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Breakfast area is a bit cramped. Breads in the corner with the fruit resulted in congestion.

bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job of providing lots of towels, etc.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I didn’t like that the hot tub was not open untill ten A.M. and the room was small.

Breakfast was great, everyday the eggs and breakfast meat were a little different. I love the lobby/family room. Whenever we had guests over we did not need to bring them into our room because there were several nice places to sit and talk or eat our takeout food.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Front desk staff did not greet with a smile. We were not informed of daily happening by staff other guest told us and the tea/snack time and such.

Pool was heated.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The parking was really annoying. They have regular and compact spaces. Compact cars were parking in regular spaces making it difficult for bigger cars (vans/suvs/trucks) to park. Then, there were work trucks taking up multiple spaces because they didnt fit in the regular spaces - they even had a few spaces for work trucks to park...but because they were farther away from the front of the building the work trucks parked in regular spaces. So, it made it difficult to park if u got back to the hotel after 8pm

Very convenient location & friendly staff. The woman who cleaned our room each day was great. She made sure we had everything.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

I was very Disappointed with the breakfast!! We stayed for 2 days and each morning there was no coffee and the hot food had ran out. Day 1 we were downstairs at 0830 the next morning 0800.

We loved the fresh warm cookies in the afternoon..

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

No Parking! No shuttle, Room very small and no view, front desk was ify stated not resposible for vechicle but to go ahead and park on red. And breakfast area bar very small and such a mess the seats were old n lumpy

The service workers and cleaners were very helpful and nice. The pool was awesome. Morning staff had better attitude but not helpful.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

As a female traveling alone, i did not like my room on the first floor in a dark corner.

Wi-fi, tv, fridge, microwave and desk. Bed was comfortable. It was cold and liked the fact that I could turn on the heat or the air.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Awful parking everyday we had to search for parking. We spoke to one man who even parked in handicap cuz nothing else... terrible

It's a nice clean hotel good location to things

Parking wasn't adequate.

Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Lots of options. Easy check in and very nice staff at registration and at the breakfast. Very willing to help.

• Non-Smoking King Study

I was pretty insulted by the emails they sent me trying to get me to "upgrade" my stay by securing a 1st floor location for an extra $8 extra a night, a 3rd floor location for $15 extra a night, and/or early check-in for an extra $25. My room turned out to be on the first floor without paying the extra $. Even though I was completely satisfied with my stay I will avoid staying there again because of their insulting "offers" for these absolute jokes they call "upgrades".

The bed was quite comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

This was our first stay with the Hampton Inn and it was a great experience. My family and I enjoyed the comfortable/clean beds and the breakfast that was able to cater to all dietary needs (e.g. family members that were vegetarians). The staff was polite and welcoming throughout our entire stay. There was some noise throughout the nights, but very minimal and bareable. Great place to stay and very family oriented.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

It was loud. Doors slamming, kids running down the hall. The pool was closed the last 2 nights due to them painting it. We had to go to another hotel down the street. They had no sign up stating that.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Not enough parking especially if you arrive late at night.

Good location, large clean room, updated bathroom, comfortable bed, functional business desk with adequate electrical outlets, OK free WiFi, refrigerator and microwave were handy, two elevators, good guest computer with printers, daily complementary USA Today, adequate morning breakfast in a clean environment, friendly and helpful staff.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

On check out payment was taken but I was not given the option of paying by another method or on another card which I wanted to do.

Breakfast every day had a good selection on offer of both hot and cold items. Always a good supply of free tea and /or coffee available. All staff friendly and helpful. Chris on reception when we arrived was terrific.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Free breakfast was excellent - cheese omelets, bacon, waffles, fruit; yum! Coffee/hot beverage bar was great! Room was very clean and comfy!

• Non-Smoking King Study

The shower faucet dripped the whole time...but never kept us awake.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The room was quite and comfortable. Having a gym is a great plus. Outback Steakhouse and In n Out within walking distance.

Fantastic hotel - very clean and comfortable....with immediate proximity to the highway for those needing a rest after a long voyage. The people at the reception desk were very friendly and accommodating. It is also close to many restaurants. The interior is also very well-done.

Pricing.

The eggs were fluffy. The oatmeal delicious. The bed comfortable. Price is too high. May not be able to use the Hampton in the future due to cost.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The hotel is an older property. With that said, the doors often catch and don't close completely behind you, so you have to be cautious and make sure the door completely closes.

Rooms were nice and clean. Bed was comfortable, and amenities (drinks provided in lobby when you walk in, breakfast, etc.) were a nice touch!

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Great value for the money. It's hot in Valencia this time of year so the A/C, which was pretty loud, kept kicking on and off. I finally took it off "auto" and put in on "fan" so it just stayed on and became white noise. Slept great after that. Staff was very friendly.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Very small room, small bed for 2, bathroom is smallish as well. For HHonnors hotel, it is very poor quality. It is better to book La Quinta next door.

Location as it is next to freeway No 5. It is convenient to get up and drive the next day.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

WHEN I BOOK the first part of my stay by booking.com , i was in the Hospital most of the time and had open heart surgery. We question the Hampton Hotel and they told us we could get a Medical discount( by being in the Hospital) if we booked through them and the last number of days we did that and SAVED a lot of money at a rate of $106.00 per night compared to $192.00 a night by booking with booking.com . IF A ADJUSTMENT COULD BE MADE I WOULD USE BOOKING.COM for my up coming bookings .. Thank You

Service ,clean, great Breakfast,goodies thru out the day

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

We booked two days because our air conditioner went out, and the temp. was 114 for two days. They fixed it earlier the hotel only charged us for one day. We are very greatful .

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The room lighting was a little dark, needed some overhead lighting.

I loved my stay at the Hampton Inn, The staff was very friendly and always helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, I would have preferred some overhead lighting since the room wasn't bright enough with the many lamps in the room (my preference). The breakfast was awesome, I loved the belgium waffles & fruit. The breakfast items were kept well stocked, everything was refilled right away.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

The check in petson offered light snacks to each person checking in prior to me, when I checked in a similar offer wasn't given. Perhaps subtle racism?

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Room is quite dark, maybe lighter furniture would help. Also very few drawers to unpack with.

Lots of little extras are included in your stay for free such as a small buffet breakfast, or a small take away breakfast, all day tea, coffee & hit chocolate, cookies & popcorn in the evening. Room also has a microwave

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Window coverings were terrible. Full blackout or nothing. No sheers. AC was the loudest and lowest performing unit we have encountered for a very long time.

Location was good.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The parking wasn't great. In the afternoon it was easy with plenty of spaces, but when we arrived back at the room late ( 10:30pm ), there were no spaces left to park. We got lucky and someone left a few minutes later and we took their spot.

I liked the over-all look of the room, it was clean and looked inviting. The draperies were heavy enough to keep out the sun, and the bathroom was a good size. There are convenient USB plugs at bed side for you phone, or device.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The breakfast selection was poor, needed eggs or something for the kids, to many bread prodcuts only and I couldn't eat hardly any thing because of my diabetes.

The popcorn and the cookies for the kids

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

It would be great to be able to open the windows

Nice selection of basic breakfast items and really good coffee. Clean rooms, nice linens, small fridge, and very good staff.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Staff very welcoming and a comfortable stay with all advertised facilities offered without any issues. Warm cookies and fresh fruit served in the lobby was a nice bonus

Leaving!

The Hampton Inn Los Angeles - Santa Clarita was only 1 mile off the Interstate with restaurants at the same location. (Outback and McDonalds) The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. The pool was heated and opened until 10 pm. So we all had a refreshing swim after several hours driving in a hot car. It was perfect. Breakfast was terrific - cheese omlets, potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, fresh strawberries, waffles, fruit and muffins. Coffee was great. We will stay here again.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Fortunate not to come across anything I didn't like

A real breakfast. Not your budget hotel type of breakfast. The guests all mingled together during breakfast hours.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Breakfast was included with room rental, and it was great. The juice machine was broken but the staff was sure to supply juice for the guests. Cookies coffee, and hot chocolate were a nice touch in the lobby. The staff was the best I've seen in a while. My friend I was traveling with made a mistake with her reservation and the staff was professional and super courteous helping to provide her with a room, and provided toothbrushes for my forgetfulness. Would definitely stay here again.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Very tiny room and would have liked a table to eat at instead of the wall desk. I was on the second floor and the window would not lock.

Buffet breakfast was great with a variety of things to choose from. Staff was very nice and friendly. When I called a little earlier to see if I could possible get into my room because I had an appointment and wouldn't be back in town until very late and did not want to take all my luggage with me they were very accommodating. I had told them I would be leaving at 4am and was told the desk was open 24 hours. When I did leave at that time the checkout was easy and the girl at the desk even had pots of coffee she was putting out and told me to take a cup with me.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The bed was nice, but still a little too firm for my preference (and I do prefer firm) it made for sore shoulders and hips in the morning, I'm a side sleeper. We found a pair of rolled up socks in the business chair, and a single kid's sock under the bed ruffle on the floor. Not that we were looking, but we had lost a phone when we found the kid's sock.

The hotel was at a great location and very clean. They have a coffee bar available all day and in the evening (at least on the weekends) they make popcorn and fresh baked cookies for the guests in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Non-Smoking King Study

There is little parking but my bf and I got lucky to find parking. If you think you can't find parking you were allowed to park on the red zones and you won't get in trouble for it since the facility staff knows how hard it is to find parking.

We loved the entire thing because we love the hotel room. They have coffee and water in the lobby for 24 hours if needed. The check out time is NOON so much better than 11am like most hotels. Since my bf and I woke up late we didn't try the breakfast which was fine but for sure our next visit we will. The staff was great though in helping us during check in and during check out.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

I thought it was a bit pricey for the time of year and the fact that it is not a 4 star rating.

Great beds, fast efficient front desk, clean room, able to open window, good noise barriers. Good parking. Easy going breakfast with lots of options and great hours 6-10 am!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Very friendly staff. Excellent housekeeping -- one of our rooms was ready so we could check in early and they put a "rush" on the other. Great full breakfast until 10 am so we could sleep in a bit and still eat.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

I was told I was placed in a quiet area. It was really noisy. I could hear everything my neighbors were doing. I was also over charged.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Non-Smoking King Study

Elevator extremely slow. One of the front desk clerks attitude needs adjusting. The housekeeping guy who cleaned on the floor I stayed on was very nice and resourceful. He should be in customer service and the front desk rep should get more training or a different job.

Quiet, clean. Breakfast was nice. Free popcorn and cookies at 6 was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Fan would not shut off to loud and there pillows to flat, the light from outside seeped into the room and it was to light hard to fall asleep, and bathroom floor was dirty.

Close to restaurants and easy access

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Room had oder from being a smoking room in the past. The hot breakfast food was not so good unlike other locations we have stayed in. Room needed new mattress in my opinion. Staff said they could not help with problems since it was booked through booking.com.

Location and interior design.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Returned @ midnight. Only 1 tight parking space available in the dark back lot. Many spaces taken up by tour bus & utility vehicles. Is hotel used as worker housing? Don't know where I'd have parked if that last space wasn't there.

Clean and comfortable. Spent very little time in room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Room was cramped. The A/C system had only one fan speed: "strong and loud" and the toilet ran. The continental breakfast was in an odd-configured room, with coffee station somewhat removed from the food. Room rate was probably "increased" for the July 4th weekend which made it expensive, relative to the quality of the accommodations.

Plenty of parking. Restaurants within walking distance. The room was clean throughout, including the carpet.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

coming out from elevator kind of met us with smelly and not so clean carpet. This comment made for improvement, probably needed exhaust fan or extensive cleaning. And swimmers may not to walk around with wet feet?

Breakfast was good. Room was small but comfy esp the comforter , pillows and AC.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The shower temperature instruction/indication was wrong. Hot was cold and cold was hot. That I found a pubic-looking hair in the fridge, that there was a spider web inside by the window so I decided not to open the shades

I liked that we got a complimentary check in snack and water bottle and how in n out is across the street

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

Shower leaked wouldn’t shut off Took 10 minutes to find remote it was under the table !5

Staff was friendly place was clean

Spoilt by noisy customers departing at 5am but thats life :)

Excellent location to get away or into LA - Modern and good breakfast

• Non-Smoking King Study

Very low ceilings. A bit outdated. A fair amount of freeway noise.

Staff was very efficient and helpful. Breakfast was done well.

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

The Elevators were too slow.

The staff was extremely accommodating especially Justin. He was FANTASTIC!!!

Loved the hand lotion

• Queen Room - Disability Access

My wife loved the omlets. Wanted to go back just for them. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Everything was very comfortable want to join rewards club so I can use one of your locations every time I come out .

Rooms a bit small

Comfortable bed, well equipped room, great pool, hot tub and gym. Very courteous, friendly staff

• Non-Smoking Single Queen Room

My wish for a quiet room to the back was fulfilled, so I had no noise from the freeway. Very friendly staff at the checkin desk.

Thin walls.

Comf bed

Very comfortable

The bed was to soft

The rooms were very clean

Breakfast was great. The parking was great. Everything was great

The top sheet was too small for the king size bed. Kept coming off

Nothing it was a great experience.

This place was clean and convenient. The parking was always available.

The price was about $70 to much

The room amenities, pool, spa, breakfast.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Very nice stay. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Front desk was very accommodating of an early check in, which really helped us out.

bath tub too narrow