Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham McDonough 3 stars

855 Industrial Boulevard, McDonough, GA 30253, USA

#12 of 19 hotels in McDonough

6.2

Sketchy place/appearance, stay as last resort

General upkeep, sketchy appearance, carpet in room needs replacement, not enough towels, bedding lumpy, several pillows smelled of cigar smoke; just needs general renovation.

Proximity to the place where we were going. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

It was cozy overall.

I felt as if they could have put more into the structural visual appearance. It seems very runned down.

It was cozy overall. I liked that they offered free breakfast. Although, no bacon and eggs. Having waffle, pastries, cereal, instant grits as well as oatmeal...

Nothing, the pool that they even advertised was green and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that they had people that were living at this facility or the owners family there. Their kids were running up and down the halls till 2 or 3 in the morning. I had just came in at 10:30pm from a ten and a half hour drive. Was exhausted. Just wanted sleep for me and my children and couldn’t even do that. We were on our way to Florida and still had another 7 hours of driving the following day. We didn’t get rest, listened to screaming and loud running and horse play all night. Very disrespectful at any place. Especially a hotel!!!!

Nothing, the pool that they even advertised was green and nasty!

I wouldn't stay there again if it was my last choice.

The hotel is out dated, the carpet was dirty, the linen was placed on the beds wrong (inside out). Very gloomy and not welcoming at all.

The young man at the front desk was very nice great customer service.

The worst stay at a hotel ever and I recommended it, I was oit done....

Staff could've been nicer. Call ten times over two hours and was put on hold everytime. Room was terrible, pool closed, fitness center closed. No breakfast. Those were the reasons I chose this place and had recommended it to several players that were very unhappy with this hotel. Was unable to speak with manager. Over charged once I got there....

Only the location!!!

Terrible

We booked on line since the picture on the web site looked clean and comfortable; when we walked in to check in we were greeted by the clerk who stated "oh you have a Pit" … I corrected her and said she was a service dog. The clerk then stated that she would "have to change our room". When we arrived at our room the TV was on, the room smelled musty and damp; no light bulb in lamp by bed, clock radio didn't work; the tops of night stand had sticky stuff on top, the bathroom floor was sticky, and no coffee cups were provided, just plastic cups. The pillows were flat and extremely poor quality. Our room looked like a dingy staff lounge area … the WORSE hotel room we have every stayed in …

Over night stay

Poolnot available

Stopped en route to Orlando. Picked this hotel for the outdoor pool. The pool was not available. Very sad. Glenda front desk clerk was very nice though

overrated on booking ,com

The rooms were old and smelled. The rating on booking was way too generous. There was a family reunion of 30 staying there and there were kids running in the parking lot screaming.

The front desk lady was amazing. She went above and beyond to accommodate us.

Not good would not stay there again.

They are supposed to be pet friendly but the charged me a 25 dollar fee for my dashound. The fee is not pet friendly, The room was run down for the price have stayed in better motel 6.

Proximity to the highway

It was dirty, dingy, I’m pretty sure they did NOT change the sheets between guest cuz the pillow case was dirty and there was someone’s hair on the cases as well. I didn’t even want to sleep there and definitely contemplated just sleeping in my car. I’ve never been so uncomfortable in a hotel before.

Proximity to the highway

Read my review. It's straight out of a scary story.

1. Gave us a room already occupied - but a couple, smoking heavily (non smoking room) and engaging in intimacy... 2. Moved us next door, after searching for a room. (They were full, except the "suites", and wouldn't put us in one of them because they cost more.) 3. TV didn't work. Called front desk and they said turn it off and unplug....hard to get to! 4. Had to hold the toilet seat on during usage, because the bolt to hold the seat was in the floor. 5. Had to call for more Kleenex and was hatefully told I'd have to wait for shift change. 6. Tub was so filthy and torn up, I couldn't bring myself to shower. Went to bed and fell asleep from exhaustion (this all started at 9 p.m.) and got a call at 12:30 a.m. asking if we were in the room. (they were trying to put someone in our room, but since the curtains were closed, they thought they should call first.) Finally, we try to check out and I ask that we not have to pay because of the nightmare night...I was chastised and treated in a rude manner. The manager finally agreed. I left and was stopped for gas when the manager called me that I was going to have to pay for a "big hole in the bedspread". WHAT???? I told her I'd come back and we would call the police. She told me to "calm down" and I told her NO! She hung up on me. I went back and FINALLY she said they wouldn't charge, me but she basically called me a liar. I beg you....don't stay here.

I can't really answer this question, as my stay was so awful.

extremely disappointed!

carpet was wet no fan in bathroom cobwebs on lights time on clock was one hour off the room was not ready took 1 hour to provide shower curtain wastebasket I will never stay at this hotel again

Left within a few hours and went elsewhere.

Bed was not made, sheets and towels were dirty. Like the room wasn't cleaned after the last guest left. Also stink of cigarette smoke and it was supposed to be non-Smoking.

It was quiet

Will be back.

I had new 2 liter of soft drink and bag of chips in room.when i came back to room cleaning people had threw them away.Black lady at night desk said that she could nothing over and over,Bad people skills.

day staff very very good.

Be Ware unless you dream of nastiness.

This place was beyond disgusting! The room was hot and stuffy and wreaked of a horrible odor. The bed linens were nasty and smelled bad. The bed sheets had hairs and cigarette holes in them. We were afraid to touch anything. The toilet and tub had stains. The air vents were rusty and the debris was hanging out. Luckily, my wife had things in our vehicle such as Clorox wipes and extra sheets and blankets that we used to make us as comfortable as we could get. All of which is difficult to do when you sleep fully clothed (including shoes & socks, caps & long sleeve) afraid to have your body come in contact with such filth.

There was nothing to like. The place is dark and gloomy and the guests are questionable which is not a the best environment to be in. This Inn compares to worst to government housing project. If it wasn't so late at the time of our arrival we would have not stayed. We were probably better suited to sleep in our vehicle.

Would NEVER stay here again!!

Stains on carpet and other furniture. Hairpin on chair indicating it hadn’t been wiped off. BEDBUG bites!!! Did not see any bedbugs, but certainly the results- too late!!

Ease in booking online.

Not good no money back no nothing in place of having to wait a extra hour to get my room

I was suppose to check in at 3 pm but when I got to my room the door would not open so I have to load my car back up and go to office only to find out my room was not even clean yet so I have to wait a hour for it to get clean instead of them just giving me another room!

Very very poor totally 180 deg. From our Gattlingburg stay witch was great. You need to evaluate it!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Smoking

See above 👎

Didn't!!! Hot breakfast from a microwave yuk if you knew how it worked No eggs ! old frozen sandwich in a bag terrible breakfast menu 😤 Bed was terrible and the room was filthy very poor stay for a baymont may never stay at one again if it's a franchise owned unit like that!! wish I could get a refund! It is not a 4 star rating as advertised!!! Call me for more adjectives 👎

Enjoyed the friendly staff, the variety of restaurants nearby and the room was very comfortable.

Bed was a little high off the floor for me. I am an amputee

Excellent staff that offered warm greetings as I arrived. Great location near a variety of restaurants and shops. Only a few minutes drive to Atlanta Motor Speedway (purpose of my trip). Quite property even though it was near Interstate and busy local roads

Short but not as good as expected

The room looked nothing like the pics on the site. The girl at check in was rude. Said you get what you pay for.

Location is close by everything I needed to visit

Convenient stop on our trip
    • King Room - Disability Access/Smoking

Keypad didn't work - every time we needed back in our room we had to get office person to let us in. Only 2 hangars in room. No TV remote but went to office and they gave us one but on/off on remote didn't work. Staff was apologetic.

Beds comfortable, staff very friendly

Not a pleasant stay.

The hotel was noisy. People outside being loud. We could hear neighbors through the walls and bathroom vent. It was dirty, from trash lying around on the ground to a thick layer of dust on the top of the curtain valance. The bottom of the tub discolored. Ring in the toilet. Came out in the morning to puke in the parking lot next to our car. Pillows were filled with that chopped up foam so wouldn’t keep a shape. Woke with a stiff neck. We had no ice bucket and asked for one twice. We were promised that housekeeping would bring us one and it never showed up. They had a note on the lobby door which said breakfast was only for dine in so I wasn’t even able to get a cup of coffee to go. Breakfast comes with the room so not sure why taking something to go makes a difference.

The room was good. food was good. server great. Parking awful.

The parking Mafia was unfriendly and unaccommodating. would not stay here again because I had to have several uncomfortable conversations to be allowed to park my own car and then was still charged a parking fee????

everything was fine in the hotel.

Disgusting, nothing works or it’s missing. Real dump. Worth $19

It was disgusting. I can’t believe Wyndham would put their name on such unsanitary conditions and all amenities were not included but had two broken phones in the room and was missing the iron. I couldn’t call the front desk to complain and I slipped on ice with my newborn in my arms going up the stairs. They didn’t even have a warning sign. There was body fluids all over the chair and supposed desk that was made of fabric. All around absolutely disgusting place and nobody should stay here. I’m calling the health department.

Absolutely nothing. ll

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was comfortable but not sure I would stay there again.

Furniture was old and worn. Bedding was really worn and carpet needed up graded! It made the room look dirty.

Friendly service. Girl was very polite that checked us in. That you were dog friendly. Breakfast bar was fresh.

Very Overpriced

There was no refrigerator. There was no hairdryer. There was no fan in the bathroom for the price it was disappointing.

The bedding was fairly comfortable

Came for a 2 night stay, didn't have a lot of money to spend. Would not stay here again.

First room given to me smelled like cat urine. Nasty. Second room not much better as it was non-smoking but smelled like an ashtray.

The lady at the front desk was very patient dealing with all the complaints from at least 3 different guests, and immediately provided me with another room after I told her about the smell in the first one.

The rooms weren't that clean they are out dated with...

The rooms weren't that clean they are out dated with decorations and carpet needs to be clean towels are very small.also pillows were woren out for the money i spent i just wasn't satisfy.also the phone in my room had missing keys pictures that are posted on booking.com about the rooms are totally different than in person the fitness room was close

It was just a horrible experience! Not what I expected from a Baymont Inn & Suite.

The building looks old and unkept. My room was horrible. The tv did not work. The phones in my room did not work. My room was not fully ready when they gave me the room key to check in, as I had no towels. When I used my cell phone to call the front desk because again...my room phone did not work! The clerk was very unprofessional. She seemed to be annoyed.

Absolutely nothing at all!

Never again!

Terrible service. Front counter person very unfriendly and of no help at all. Obvious she did not care about customer service. Tv did not work. Called to ask how to get it working. She said press the buttons on the side. I did and it didn’t work. She said keep trying and hung up. Wyndham should divest itself of this horrendous hotel! Will never stay at any Baymont Inn again. They should be ashamed of this property.

Overall a restless night stay due to parking problem.

The parking for towed pop up camper was not desirable. There was no parking near our room within eye sight of where I had to park vehical with camper. This caused a restless night of sleeping. More parking is needed for people that have toed trailers. I was not only one with this same parking problem.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Tried to check in at 10:00 PM lobby was full computer was...

Tried to check in at 10:00 PM lobby was full computer was down told to wait. No one new what was going on. I checked in to Motel down the street no problem there.

The Location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The Room I Stayed In For Some Reason Didn't Have A Landline phone are Microwave Oven I Had 2 Call The Front Desk From My Phone 3 Times They Kept Telling Me Microwave Was Coming But They Brought It I Had Food That I Want 2 Eat Sense I Didn't Have A Microwave I Just Gave It 2 The Maids This Morning Other Than That I Had A Nice Time...

The Location

Don't go by the pictures!

The pictures are very misleading. Swimming pool was God awful nasty, fitness room looks nothing like the pictures.

Staff was nice and friendly, rooms were clean, and the location was perfect.

excellent and very comfortable

The staff was excellent very helpful and pleasant. Beds were comfortable rooms were very clean. They also offered a nice breakfast each morning. Kids love it too.

Reservations were incomplete.

Reservations were incomplete. I reserved 3 separate rooms, but when I checked with the motel only one room was showing. They were able to add the extra rooms needed at the same cost. The motel said this has been a consistent problem with Booking.com.

Cozy and tucked away but close to everything I needed.

Everything was good although I didn't eat breakfast it was good to know it's was available.

Cozy and tucked away but close to everything I needed.

Not good at all for a healty stay
    • King Room - Smoking

Comforter had a brown stain on it open arrival, the bed sheets had holes in them, the tub had a almost hole in it meaning a hole will be there soon, room look like it had a fire there ceiling was smoke brown color,closet had mildew on rhe inner door

The staff at the front desk very nice

We just stay for one night because we were in a road trip.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The rooms was not as clean as it should be, the room key didn't work and we waist 30 min to be able to get in the room.

We just stay for one night because we were in a road trip. Good beds

adequate

paid extra for three in the room, but no allowances for having three people i,e. washcloths,towels,or coffee. air conditioner was so old that the dials were unreadable pool was closed due to low chlorine level? finish was worn off of the bathtub

bed was ok breakfast fine

I would not go back there.

On our first day there our room key malfunctioned and we were locked IN our room. It took more than 1/2 hour for someone to arrive from off premises to use his master key to let us out. The person at the desk did not have the key that would let us out. We were given another room and comped for the night. But something like that should NEVER happen, especially not having someone on premises that can take care of it immediately. On another day we were still in the room when housekeeping came. She asked if we needed anything and I said an ice container and cups. She brought them back, but never returned to make up the room. Later in the afternoon I had to go to the reception desk to get fresh towels. I made the bed. The office intended to have her return to the room but she did not. The toilet handle was stripped so it would often continue to flush and run water until you jiggled the handle. The room was surface clean but on closer look you could see that it needed maintenance- some mildew in the shower(no odor), carelessly finished/cracked corners and rug borders. Open wifi, with very slow connection. I believe the desk people mean well, but the facility definitely needs more attention/time spent on maintenance and training.

The beds were comfortable and plenty of fluffy pillows. It looked attractive from the outside and the rooms looked nice.

Nice clean convenient

The maids smoking outside peoples room . the morning manager being rude when asked about utensils and making us wait 10 minutes to check out.

Nice clean convenient

not good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room was atrocious. There was a giant hole in the wall; the bed was very poorly made with gigantic lumps; the television didn't work; there was evidence of the roof leaking and there was paper stuck in the peep hole.

Worst Wyndham ever.

The housekeeper was overzealous and didn't follow simple requests to not come into the room. She would enter our room despite the door being locked and us yelling through the door for her not to. We had a roach in our bathtub and the tub was filthy so filthy we had to clean it out ourselves. There were flies in the room when we arrived and each day we'd return more flies would be in the room. They didn't have shower caps or toothbrushes. They allowed smoking in non-smoking rooms, we had cigarette ashes in our bathroom when we arrived. They allowed pets in the room near ours and a dog jumped on my girlfriend and I. There wasn't always an attendant at the front desk. The continental breakfast had no yogurt two of the days we stayed and ran out of milk and no one filled it for the last 30 minutes of breakfast time.

A Place to sleep.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It is very dated, there were no ice machines, it was clean with the exception of the smoke smell.

It was a great price and was pretty much what I expected.

I didn't

I booked the room for two adults two children however when I arrive they only had me down for two adults the person at the desk did not want to give us additional towels I had to pull out my phone reservation to prove to her that I had 2 adults and 2 children on the reservation

I didn't

Overpriced, run down, inadequate staff.

Broken lamps, texture coming off ceiling, malfunctioning sink light, broken twin lights between beds. At breakfast, orange juice machine was empty and distributed water, empty pancake machine. Fridge had 2 yogurts and 1 skim milk at 9:00 AM on Sunday morning. All for $85.00 per night. First and last time I will ever stay at a Baymont Inn.

I had a horrible experience at Baymont Inn & Suites

The sheets and blankets were not white, to show they were clean, they were off white. The floor was dirty, the shower curtain was torn, the shower head was not working properly. The paint was chipping on the wall, the refrigerator was not clean, the television was not working properly, going out at times. All of the lights did not work. There was no alarm clock in the room.

There was nothing about my stay that I liked. I would never stay at another Baymont.

Never again

Room smelled horrible, ask for another room, it smelled the same, bathroom was not clean, towels were not cleaned, the women at the desk was very cold no personality.. this was my first and last would never book with any baymont hotels again.

Don't stay here unless your expectations are low.

Sketchy neighborhood. Hotel is surrounded by trees. A sheriff's deputy was riding through the parking lot when we arrived. I asked him about the safety of the area and he said it is much safer back at the Locust Grove exit.

My 2 Day Gett Away Loved It..

Well Taken Care Of An Its Very Very Clean I Loved It AN The Bed OMG Was Very Comfortable I Slept Liked An Angel...

It was the Best 2Days I Had In Along Time..

Memorial Day weekend!!!

Only problem I had was if the hotel next door parking lot flood. Water will drain down and go in the rooms.

The hotel was nice and clean, and I slept great!!!

Disappointed Wyndham employee's stay (given that Baymont is a Wyndham property)

It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, however, as soon as I opened the door, the room reeked of staleness and cigarette (and later that evening marijuana smoke) that came in through the venting. I immediately advised the check-in clerk (Pam) & she appeared genuinely apologetic stating that others has complained of the same issue and management was aware of it. She offered a can of Lysol and had a service worker stop by to "fumigate" with some time of scented fogger. However, that didn't last long (couple of hours tops) as I had to endure the marijuana smell later on into evening as I had my children visiting with me as I was in town for my son's graduation. When I told the evening clerk (didn't get her name) she said she was aware that I was the person that had complained earlier, but other than me just checking out, there was nothing that she could do since she was completely booked and couldn't move me into another room. She offered a half-hearted apology me along the manager's phone no. on a business card to escalate my displeasure. She said he wouldn't be available until after the holiday, though.

Easy check-in

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Would stay here again

The towels were like parchment paper. Used a hand towel to dry off after my shower because it felt way softer than the body towels.

The bed was perfect!! I had zero problems falling asleep in the bed, which is my biggest issue when I sleep away from home!!! It was very close to a wide varieties of restaurants, gas stations, and there is a walmart a hop, skip, and jump from the hotel!!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Cheap and Convenient

Room was supposed to be Non Smoking according to sign, but definitely had heavy smoke residue. Older hotel, so could need a deep clean. For non smokers, I got that raw twitch/tickle in the back of my throat during the night and my nightshirt smelled so horrible the next night I had to wash it before wearing.

Price was right for a few hours rest in a queen bed to break up a long trip. Close to lots of eats and gas stations. Situated a little off the interstate. Room was clean, bed was soft, front desk staff was friendly. Had a mini fridge & microwave.

Room were great but carpet mildew

The room we stayed in smell like wet pool side mildew I had a bad sinus headache an bedding spead was very lumpy but the room were clean change the carpet chan the carpet

The breakfast was fine great

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Absolutely HORRIBLE. Worst hotel experience I have ever had!

I have tried contacting your company but I have not had any responses. It was horrible. Rude staff, non existent manager, bugs in our room and on the bed, filthy bathroom, beds were unmade, and breakfast was bad as well. Worst hotel stay I have ever had and baymont won't refund me since I booked it through your agency. I have pictures and videos of our room. I am very dissatisfied and will never use Booking.com again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Mid class motel

Room stunk it said non smoking and clearly was smoking Bathtub was not clean Overall I would consider sketchy place I had to sleep w one eye open Rents by the week if that says anything

Not much breakfast area was good

Not bad , a little pricey for what you get.

It was a 2 night stay and when the room was tidied, they failed to replenish the items such as coffee, shampoo conditioner or soap. I could live without the shampoo/conditioner but the coffee is a MUST. Who wants to go down the stairs outside down the sidewalk to the lobby before coffee? Also NO ICE MACHINES anywhere except in the lobby. (Another trip to the lobby). If you book with an agency be sure to call the hotel to confirm method of payment , although booking.com says "don't pay til you arrive the hotel will charge the method of payment you book with and tell you they cant change it for you .

there was a good variety for breakfast,Ex, Pancakes (Freshly made on griddle do it yourself), waffles, dry cereal,milk, juice,coffee, Breakfast biscuits, sausage, egg to be microwaved.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Decent one night stop

The room had an odd smell. Almost like an old musty basement or something. Probably because it looked like the carpet hadn't been changed since the hotel was built.

The property is right off of the interstate. We stopped here to rest on our way to Florida. It was a decent place just to get a nights rest.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Decent price for clean stay

Front desk not familiar with rewards policy.

It was clean and comfortable- location with adjacent food and fuel- a fair price for a quick overnight off the road.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Biggest concern was the comforter...I almost didn't want to get in the bed. At least needed a sheet!

Our beds had the most bumpy comforters I've ever seen...you could see and feel the huge lumps inside them and no sheet to protect you from the comforter . Also, the drain in the shower didn't work very well and no ice machine on site. Very small room but for overnight OK. Also, there was an old, broken telephone on the wall right next to the toilet...I hit my head on it when I bent over.

Location was good...right off the highway. Parking was convenient, too.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Will not be back!!

Dirty no coffee, no shampoo, bed was terrible. Sign on bed was no warranty as is " know why" Door did not close properly so felt unsafe! Breakfast there was very little!! Machine did not work. Nothing hot! Not worth it!!

Nothing about you hotel we will not use Baymount again. Hey

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Nice, clean and staff lies
    • King Room - Smoking

The pool wa not open and when I asked about it they said it had been closed for two weeks. That after noon someone has a kids birthday party at the pool. I feel guest come first especially if you advertise certain amenities.

The free breakfast and sitting area were nice

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Average Hotel

The bathroom door didn't close. Only 1 cup of regular coffee

Plenty of plugs for charging stuff easy access off the highway. Good breakfast. Easy Checkout

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Comfortable and clean

The phone had buttons taken out of it, we needed to call the front desk and couldn't because there wasn't a button or number for it. Ended up looking the number up online and then called from my cell phone

The bed was super comfortable and the shower pressure was great. Our room was clean and we definitely utilized the microwave and fridge. We would stay here again.

Things weren't ready and staff unprofessional
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I called ahead to make everything was ok I didn't find out the pool was closed until I arrive the staff knew it when I called

Won't go back! Definitely will be my last resort.

The breakfast was horrible! The staff could use some training to leave their problems at home.

Price

Very nice and relaxing

Loved the bed!!!

Logged

Not pleased will not return

breakfast consisted of, a waffle or cereal., the outside area smelled very awful

Bed felt great

Will stay again.

That a room by the pool wasn't ready.

For the price it met our expectations and my son was able to enjoy the pool.

It was quiet and in a good location

It was quiet and in a good location

Okay

The sofa smelled bad carpet in the room dirty.

Staff was nice

Disappointing.

Really run down. Discussing.

Sleeping OK

It's was good enough for over night

Room needed better up keep

The room needed a lot of interior work