Reviews of Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables 3 stars

2800 Southwest 28th Terrace, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133, USA

#53 of 213 hotels in Miami

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Getting to the place by gps was very confusing. At Check-in, I gave the receptionist my Hilton Honors #, as I usually do when I stay at a Hampton Inn, and they told me because I booked with Booking (a third party), they couldn't accept the honors # and we couldn't get our points. I had booked previously with Booking to stay at Hampton Inns in my other travels, and I NEVER had an issue receiving points. It was dissapointing that the receptionist didn't work with me. I also was disappointed that this Hampton Inn charges $15 for parking when they have a lot on their property. It wasn't disclosed in the description when I booked.

The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast on the first 3 days of our stay was not great - the only items available were waffles and bread. On the 4th day there was (finally) meat/sausages and potatoes, so apparently these food items run out quickly and the hotel does not replenish them.

Comfortable room and beds. Great coffee. Enjoyed the 24-hr coffee bar.

Although the continental breakfast was typical, it was a bit unorganized regarding the layout

The room was very clean and spacious. Close enough to the cruise port that it didn’t take too long to get there.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The only issues were the remote for tv did not have all the options working....for instance the guide button would not open a list to view and the other would of been the pillows....both me and wife encountered stiff necks...

Rooms were well kept up...always had a nice aroma when entering...alot of nice restaurants within walking distance

There were no drawers of shelves for clothes, only a wardrobe and one shelf used for an extra bed cover.

The staff were very friendly and helped us discover Miami. The location with the metrorail accross the road that takes you to downtown Miami in two stops, and walking distance from Coco Walk and the sea. Quiet room, good car park, nice breakfast, spotless, nice poolside.

Rude staff accused me of being under 21 while checking in, while holding my ID. Undersheet immediately untucked from every corner (it must've been the wrong size) exposing the bare mattress. ):

Nothing. Would've been a good value for $100 less. Should've just stayed in a motel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Your computers were down. Your staff was unwilling to help us out. Arrived very early (7:30 am), and weren’t helpful in anyway to accommodate with a room. After speaking with counter clerk on several occasions throughout the morning hours after lunch she finally provide us with a room!!! No!!! I have no intention to ever stay again at your Hotels and will never recommend the Hampton In to anyone I know. It was are first and last time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish they had room service because I was stuck in my room recovering from surgery but Uber eats was awesome and my sister walked to several close restaurants to pick up food

The staff were very kind and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

House keeping staff talk too loudly when talking to each other in the corridor- can be heard in our room.

Food was great! Staff was very polite and helpful

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

First Hampton that I've stayed at that charged for on-site parking. Bummer.

Clean facilities. Friendly staff. Easy to get Lyft cars quickly. Nice breakfast spread.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV picture Got bright then very dark then bright then dark. I was told that was normal and all of the rooms. By management. The air conditioner was very noisy they sent a maintenance man who didn't speak English. He took all of the ability to control the air conditioner from the wall and it just ran steady until I changed it on the air conditioning unit itself. Wasn't fixed properly. Parking lot was full when we came back to our room. My only alternative was to park under the hotel in the basement parking. And then I had to walk back up to the hotel and I have a handicap license plate. When I checked out I was told by a staff member upon request that the manager would call me at 2:30 when he came in never got a call

The beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I've stayed here many times. It's a good value for the price and about what you can expect from a Miami hotel. My advice would be to avoid the rooms with double beds. They're really uncomfortable. Maybe the double beds are older? The king and queen sized beds are fine.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I booked with you I was inquiring about a "stay,park,and cruise" deal and that is what you represented for this hotel property and that is why I booked through you. However when I arrived and asked them where they wanted me to park and asked about the time of the shuttle, they informed me that I had not booked for that , only the room. They told me there was a place nearby that I could park park and I could arrange for a shuttle but parking would be $15.00 a night plus shuttle cost to the ship. I declined to do that because Parking on the cruise property was only $5.00 dollars a night more and I wouldn't have to pay for taxi service each way. You misrepresented this hotel so I will not book through your site again.

The hotel and staff were very nice ,very clean,and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The food could have a few more vegetarian options.

The staff was pretty friendly. We are big coffee n tea drinkers, so the different varieties of tea was fun.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking when I came back late there was no parking had to drive around. I was charge for two nights of parking.

Great nice and clean - staff very friendly

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Poor location in Coconut Grove. There are better locations inside Coconut grove, closer to the Marina. Free internet was very unstable. Breakfast room was very noisy due to the quantity of people.

We enjoyed the free breakfast,swimming pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet typical hotel food. Okay nothng special

The bed VERY comfortable! Friendly staff. Wish we would have stayed close to hotel for dinner. Bayside Market not a good choice for dinner. Poor choices! Very clean!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room should probably have a window to open. Because just air conditioning isn't enough. The clothes and bags are getting wet sometimes just being in the room, so it is a really wet and damp chamber.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

they offer a happy hour Tue, Wed, and Thurs...on Thurs, the food seemed a bit old...wine was free and delicious....

I used the whirlpool hot tub by the pool and it was excellent for my arthritis...so glad it was there...beautiful poolside towels...all seemed clean; bed was very comfortable, breakfasts hearty...staff most helpful... bus on the corner, metro within walking distance, minutes on the metro to Dadeland Mall...

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very nice but a older hotel. Most of the Hampton inns I have stayed in were basically brand new!

A great location ! Close to everything! Wonderful restaurant two blocks away.

It was fine.

The breakfast was really good. Everyone at the front desk was awesome!! We ha a little hiccup in our room with the AC leaking but they quickly moved us up to a new room, gave me 3,000 points for my Hampton rewards and waived my parking fee of 12$. They even allowed us to check out late. It was a great hotel. And I'm a pretty great location.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a bathtub. However the shower was very nice and good water pressure.

Friendly staff. Very helpful. Breakfast great each day. Comfortable with the area for walking.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My friend and I received multiple bed bug bites from our room, and didn't receive any type of compensation at all from booking nor from Hampton inn. Will never book from this site nor at a Hampton inn hotel ever again.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast - whilst great choices, concerning was the amount of packaging and wastage. Plastic cutlery, paper plates/cups. Which even if though recyclable, no separate bins to place them in for recycling. Left me feeling a bit guilty.

Overall, nice to stay at. Staff were accommodating and the rooms were well appointed and enough space.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked everything, one thing i really disliked was a really bad smell that came from the toilet. The custodiams cleaned it and still didnt go away.

Love it, very nice and staff was helpfull.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

when you pay for a night in a hotel parking your car should be included. They charged us the for the night with no mention of this and then asked if we brought our car. well of course we said yes. they said that was $12 additional per night.

The bedding was really comfortable

We stay at this hotel frequently and always enjoy it. Unfortunately prices were very high on our last visit due to the music festival in Miami. Hence low score under 'value for money' which we would normally rate much higher

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The free wifi kept dropping out which was very frustrating. Whilst there were tea making facilities at breakfast, there were none in the room. A coffee maker isn't much good for people who only drink tea! The shower control wasn't exactly intuitive and surprised there was no obvious extractor fan in the internal bathroom.

Great value for the location close to Downtown Miami. Comfortable room. Good selection of food at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had problems checking in and checking out. First there was someone in the room we were assigned at midnight. Then our room type wasn't available. About 30 minutes later we finally got into a room. At checkout there was a significant extra amount on the bill that took a while to resolve.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had difficulty find this hotel. Our navigator didn't found this address. We found ourselves at suburbs. Then we tried gps codes, but those take us another Hampton Inn hotel. After a two-hour ride we found the hotel by google maps (offline). Strange low voice came from the other room. Air conditioning kept the loud noise. Luckily I had ear plugs. At the pool was cold water.

Breakfast was great. We went NBA game by Metro and it was very easy.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Perhaps at breakfast it would be good to have slices of cheese and ham

Awesome staff ready to accommodate your every need. Coffee 24 hours. Different choices for breakfast every day.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Very nice hotel, the room was very nice, and the bed was really comfortable. We enjoyed the hot tub in the evening. I would like to give a shout out to one of the employees in the breakfast area, she kept everything filled, fresh and clean, better than at any other Hampton Inn we've ever stayed at before!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Breakfast was OK but could have had more variety. But no real complaint. A little too far to walk to choice of restaurants and bars.

Typical Hilton Hotel - everything clean and efficient. Good size room and bathroom and all amenities you would expect and a few you wouldn't.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast - poor, no healthy options (no "real food" such cheese, fresh veggies, butter, meat cuts, juice, fresh bread, just bagels and toast) Furniture a bit old, whole hotel needs a renovation/ restyling Walls seem to be paper thin, too much noise from corridor, other rooms, street ( from metrorail), ventilation in bathroom ( which goes automatically when light is on) unbelivably noisy

Location is ok, Miami can be easily reached by Metrorail and, even better, Uber. Neighbourhood is pleasant to walk, safe, Coconut Grove waterline and Cocowalk some 15 min away. Excellent team at the reception desk Safe parking Great & comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To have safe in the room.

Comfortable room, good breakfast,cookies,fruit,tea & coffee in the lobby,reasonable charge for parking, very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not vegetarian friendly at all. In two attempts, we never had hot, savory food that was vegetarian, and they seemed to go out of their way to be hostile (e.g., serving some sort of sausage or such alongside eggs that already had carcass in them). Parking was not free, yet no obvious reason why not. They had plenty of space relative to the number of rooms, and this place is not in a space-constrained location. This was simply gouging.

This hotel is in a very good location relative to the airport (train station right outside the door almost for those who want to take transit all the way from the airport), Miami Beach, highways, The U., etc. Rooms were OK.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Sadly lacking a bar and the breakfast choice is very poor especially at weekends when it's more expensive to stay there!

Lovely hotel and room was brilliant (king size), not a bad location for cruisers as we were.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

After a long flight we were greeted by a lovely friendly receptionist, the first room was a little noisy, she moved us without any fuss. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, just what we needed.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

location - quiet but short walk into coocnut grove where u can take tour bus. breakfast ecxellent all you would need and make your own waffles great.breakfast to go if required and evening cookies such a treat no extra cost. very comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had some issues with cleaning services so at some point we needed to ask at the reception about this service; also last two days something happened to the condition so that only a special service guy could turn it on; and finally the worst part (the rest I believe could be just our bad luck) - the windows are closed for a life time, so there's not a single chance you will open it and get any fresh air.

The situation is quite convenient - you can easily get there from airport, the metrorail station is just 5 minute walk, generally the hotel is nice, has a whirpool, pool and gym.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I checked in and i did not get a receipt. He needed my signature and i seen the price which was correct. I then check my bank account and an extra 50 dollars was taken and never refunded

The room was amazing except for the bathroom door was broken and the shower leaked. The beds felt amazing and was clean.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need an in-house restaurant or a guide for the guests where to find the best reputable ones and their zip codes

The bed was fresh and room cool and nice but lacked toothpaste

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Kind of on the edge of coconut grove a little to near a very depressed area.

Fantastic staff! Very attentive and accommodating. Very clean rooms with very comfortable bed. Managers reception with beer and wine and appetizers was a pleasant surprise.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

This location was great, and just as pictured. It's really not super close to the port- that was on me. So about a 20 min cab fare to the port; for a do over-night before cruise- we'll prob choose a location a little nearer Miami airport or the port for a straight shot (and I'll do better on my map review)

Helpful staff for an Easy in & out for our weekend cruise. Nice happy hour, then we grabbed dinner out @ flannigans -short walking distance. Fresh morning breakfast thats kept restocked throughout by a sweet attendant.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Pool was too small.

Breakfast was tasty and dining area was spacious. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

There was a group that was celebrating a family reunion; they were loud, rude and careless, but that's not the hotel fault. :(

Breakfast and parking...free, free and more free :)

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wasn't crazy about the parking situation at the facility. Didn't seem adequate to accommodate all the guest.

I liked that the staff were professional and friendly. We had a couple of minor issues and they handled them quickly and efficiently.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

He has severe food allergies so he can't eat the breakfast, but one can't expect them to cater to his abnormal dietary needs.

Location, location, location. Centrally located to everything! Clean rooms as always with Hilton. We have been booking at this location for YEARS, both before and after the remodel......never been disappointed!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast should always supply options with breakfast meat. A few times I was unable to eat meat with my breakfast because there was only pork.

The overall stay was comfortable and convenient location.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

reception service was terrible!!! they couldn't find our reservation!!! they are so unprofessional and did not look interested to solve the problem!!! when we got home, we realized they charged us twice for the same stay!!!!

location is good; it's clean; breakfast is good;

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Squeaky door, shower head wouldn't stay in place. Minor issues.

Great location in safe neighborhood with reasonable parking fee in a secure area. Free breakfast, unlimited coffee & tea all day. Staff were friendly & helpful. On site laundry a plus! Restaurants nearby as well as other conveniences.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the jacuzzi didn't work very well but it was warm and pleasant to sit in

this was my second stay in the hampton inn coconut grove and i look forward to the third

Always a great stay!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very good, fruits were fresh, cofee hot, bagels fresh

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Issue w ac but when we called they sent someone right up to fix it

Secure parking lot, average location., clean

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was comfortable, bathroom extra big. Reception staff were very helpful

Traffic 🤨

Good variety on breakfast. Always stocked

Parking.

Happy hours with entertainment. Proximity to a good restaurant. Close to the U of Miami.

Staff very helpful in suggesting places to eat and getting shuttle next morning to the port.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That you cannot open any window and there was not enough oxigen in the room at night.

Very nice and clean.

Great front deals staff

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

AC was too cold, the controller wasn't working properly.

Good breakfast, nice staff, good bed, clean room.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They forgot extra bed and safe was locked on arrival. They could not do anything about the safe.

Good bed and bathroom. Friendly stuff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking would be better if it was free parking.

Very clean and staff very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not have balconies for the price.

Had late checkout; Surrounded by restaurants and stores

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was great.

Loved the Happy Hour. A very nice touch.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My air conditioning was broken and people were up yelling all night !

Pool not heated

Close to the Miami port

Well treated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning in the hallway was way too strong! Very cold hallways!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool area was practically hidden, and no gym facilities

Quiet, convenient. Breakfast was included and the staff were friendly

Rude desk staff

Free internet low connection

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked the convenience of a washer/dryer, and parking .