Reviews of Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest 3 stars

5601 North Lover's Lane Road, Milwaukee, WI 53225, USA

#41 of 56 hotels in Milwaukee

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Bad night stay

Pool area was dirty, pool was ice cold, hot tub didnt turn on, in the room the carpet was dirty, the tub had a dirt ring around it, the bed was lumpy and hard as a rock, the mini fridge was not working, the coffee machine had about a 1/4 inch of dust on it so you know it had been a while since they have cleaned it, the only curtain they had on the window was a thin sheer. Curtain that didn't keep out any light. I was not happy I have had better experiences in low budget motels!!!!

Breakfast was just ok

Underwhelming and wouldn’t go back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got a key to a room that already had people in it, the pool closed Saturday for maintenance, and the quality of breakfast wasn’t great, not to mention the one employee couldn’t keep up with guest demands for breakfast.

Bed was nice and sliding bathroom door was unique.

Unhappy camper!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived the television only played one station. Contacted the front desk who stated they would send someone up to the room to take care of it. I waited 30 min. and no one showed. I actually missed the 2018 Women US Open Finals waiting on the maintenance person to fix the televison. Also, whenI reserves the room the Hamptons stated they served a hot breakfast. When I got to the breakfast room there were waffles and no meat to go with; which was disturbing. Yes, I have been to several hotels the server bread and no meat but does not mean I have to like it. When I brought my concern to the manager he called himself being funny but helping me there was meat in the gravy. Who want to put gravy on a waffles just to get a taste or a piece of meat to go with. By this time I was livid with the unprofessionalism withthe staff there. As I was checking out the manager did appologize and offered points for a free nights stay; however by that time my mind was made up that I would Mercer book a stay at a Hamptons again!!

Everything was great except for the children
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I really didn't like.....that thier we're children unattended in the halls making noise and at the pool area. Plus coming down for breakfast and having children just make a mess of the area.

Everything was great....room, staff, breakfast.

Disappointing. There were other local hotels that would have been a much better choice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floor was wet and there was no maintenance person to figure out what was leaking. Phone didn't work to call the front office. I was put on hold for 25 minutes when I called from my cell and the line to check in was ridiculously long.

Would stay again! Was close to the zoo, shopping & a verity of restaurants.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was very cold & the hot tub was broken. They also were no pool towels available.

The breakfast was excellent as was the staff! Our room was small, but comfortable with a nice decor.

They were suppose to e-mail me a receipt for payment and I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They were suppose to e-mail me a receipt for payment and I never received it. When I called and requested a receipt they said they could not send it because it was confidential.

It was ok - but I won't be staying in this neighborhood again if I go back to Milwaukee.

The overall location of the hotel is a little sketchy, unless having a Gentlemen's Club across the street from your hotel is your thing. The first night of our stay we came back after dark and the hotel sign wasn't lit and the parking lot lights were all off. Maybe this is to indicate no vacancies, but kind of eerie with no lot lights on.

The hotel is clean, room was updated and nicely decorated, and there was a good selection on the breakfast buffet. Proximity to everything we were looking for was good - it's right off the interstate and Silver Springs Drive (which is kind of a main road that gets you pretty much everywhere) is less than a block away. Hotel seemed to be relatively full both nights we stayed, with a wide range of travelers with and without children. Pool and sauna looked nice, but we were gone until shortly before closing time (10pm) and didn't use them. The workout area also looked nice, but we didn't use it either.

Dirty carpeting, dirty pool, hot tub was not working. Toilet completly visible to people in the room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door is a small barn door that does not cover the entrance. There was a 3 inch gap on one side so people in the room can look right at the toilet. Maintenance tried adjusting it but the gap just moved to the other side. The door was simply too small! The carpet was sticky and dirty. Pool was very dirty. Hot tub did not work two out of four days we stayed there. Just terrible!!

Location was convenient right off of the highway close to where we needed to be.

The staff was absolutely amazing and very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was absolutely amazing and very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. If we find ourselves in Wisconsin again, we will definitely be staying here again. 😄

Terrible High Risk Location
    • Standard Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The location is a high risk area! Walmart has police call boxes in the parking lot because of the high crime. Right across the street from the hotel is a strip club. Not a family area at all. Location is over 20 miles to Summerfest grounds.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and nice. The location is terrible.

We would stay there again.

The front driveway was being re-painted so there was a slight inconvenience getting in and out. No big deal.

The breakfast was very good and served longer than many hotels. The bed was extremely comfy with nice bedding. Our room was very clean with a nice bathroom and we were on the ground floor so easy access to everything.

NOTHING!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

THE AIR DIDN'T WORK, I FELT LIKE I WAS IN A SAUNA, THEY DIDN'T OFFER US ANOTHER ROOM... THE VENT DIDN'T WORK IN THE BATHROOM AND THE STAFF DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT...

NOTHING!!!!!

Nice Facilities
    • Standard Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location could be better. Guests were cussing loudly in parking lot, too many people hanging around outside that we not guests.

New interior, very clean.

Expected more from a Hampton Inn.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was not ready when we arrived at 7:30 PM. Reservations were made weeks in advance. Excessive use of air fresheners. You could practically taste it. Opened the window to let it out and found that the windows had no lock. Had to wait for staff to put a stopper in the window, making us even later for dinner reservations.

Will not be returning and surprised this Hotel company is owned by Hilton.

Check in time was delayed by over an hour. Time spent waiting in the lobby could have been used for sightseeing. Was annoying and the staff was not apologetic about it.

the bed was very comfortable.

The staff at front desk was super nice.

Well my bed have dirty the bed skirt but the others was clean. The floor it was on carpet when you look at it you see it clean but when you walk and then see your feet it was dark so they dont clean too much the floor. Then the morning before breakfast the housekeeping dint clean the floor neither the bed just put some soap shampoo and pick up trash.... So need more attention on that area.

The staff at front desk was super nice. The area breakfast was comfort... I would say that pool area was great but it was cold at weather out side so the water was warm but no too much so you can be inside the water for like 30 minutes then you feel the water frizzing you so I think they need to work to put that water more warm so every one can enjoy pretty well.

A poorly operated Hampton Inn.

First, no room. Overbooked. Then given a room where TV did not work. Staff would not fix. (Maintence man comes in 9:30 next day). Loud road traffic heard in room. Sixteen boring hour at this hotel.

Comfortable bed.

Overall the property was awesome and the staff was friendly,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Neighbors next door was noisy and there kids was running in the hallways.

Overall the property was awesome and the staff was friendly, very welcomely.

Very clean and comfortable.

The front desk girl wasn’t welcoming and I’m pretty sure it would have killed her to smile. And the other person that checked us out, called my wife a man when he said “ sorry ladies before men.”

Very clean and comfortable.

Will never stay there again.

This has to be the worst place I ever stayed. My room smelled of marijuana. Was moved to another room on a different floor. The hallway smelled there too. The new didn't smell but there were black hairs all over the bathroom floor. The night shift manager actually asked me are you sure they are not yours? Are you kidding me?? How are you going to ask a guest that? I responded by saying No there is no way since my daughter and myself have red hair. Was charged 2 times before I even got there. Then charged again when I left. I made a suggestion that the staff needs a bit more training. There were other guests running wild through the hotel all night and nobody would do anything about it.

There was only a couple staff members who was nice.

It did not have that typical hotel feel.

There was a problem with housekeeping twice; not finishing & leaving things in the room.

It did not have that typical hotel feel. Nice & roomy!

I might stay there again, but on the side furthest from the highway.

Noise from highway traffic right next to/behind hotel. No view of anything nice. Hearing heavy room doors bang shut frequently. Small window with extremely loud shade (when raising/lowering). Noisy heating/cooling.

Waffles at breakfast were yummy. Coffee and hot water were always available. Friendly staff.

Easy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was a pleasant place. I liked it

Staff was very friendly. Made me feel very welcome. Breakfast was good and someone was always around to make sure the food was hot and juice carafe was always full. Very nice place.

The rooms are very neat and clean I liked that very much,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One thing we didnt like about the hotel, is that it's not 9 miles away from downtown but 13 miles, and it's really a drag to drive so long to be able to get to downtown.

The rooms are very neat and clean I liked that very much, the pool is really nice, staff was very helpfull too.

Great hotel, excellent value and amenities

Biggest complaint about the room was that it smelled terribly like cigarette smoke! Kids thought it was gross (as did I). Location didn’t have much around it (strip club across the street and some fast food).

Excellent hotel with friendly staff, decent pool, nice variety at breakfast. Location isn’t excellent, but we drove 10 minutes to downtown Wauwatosa for dinner and shopping.

Worst stay I ever had! Would not recommend at all to anybody!

Cars getting broke into, people screaming and yelling at all hours o the night, stolen car ramming another car in the parking lot. Then everyone jumped out and starting running from the cars! They said they had security, but they didn't.

Nothing at all, would never stay there again.

The hotel was soo far out and completely out the way...i couldn't stay comfortably at the hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was so far from my family event. My daughter was bitten by a bed bug. We were offered another room but refused it We were given a complete turn down

The staff at Hampton Inn was excellent always ready and willing to accommodate The breakfast and pool were wonderful

It was mediocre at best.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room is smaller than a dorm room and you could barely walk around in it. Bathroom was crammed in the room so tight there was only a sliding door that couldn't lock and had a 2 inch gap anyone could look through. The building was under construction and our room's windo was covered in industrial plastic that obscured what I'm sure was a lovely view of a dingy parking lot. The location was awful so you can't even really go for a walk. We wanted to go to the pool, but it seemed to not be open, or at least we were unable to access it with out key card. So from the time we got there all we could do was sit in our tiny room and think about how much happier we would have been in a different hotel.

Front desk staff was great. Room was clean and bed comfortable.

Did not stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived there the pool was out of service for the entire month of September.No contact me to let me know that the hot tub and pool was out of service

Over priced accomodations.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast area was too small and cramped. Needs a second waffle maker. NO notifications that renovations and construction were going on. Rooms are too small.

Good

Back door was not operable, had to walk all the way around when parked in the back. Walls were thin. Hotel is next to the highway/interstate so it was loud.

nice employees

They had a beautiful breakfast with many options.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door didn't offer much privacy. I understand this type of door was a space saver but the situation wasn't ideal for more than 2 people in a room.

They had a beautiful breakfast with many options. The food was hot and the kitchen staff was friendly and courteous.

Relaxing

Whirlpool was not working

The rooms had a very nice set up. The staff even watched the parking lot I seen a vechile with people sitting in the lot by my vechile and a short while later a staff member came out to check and the people left thank you. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially when checking in

Good
    • Standard Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Booking.com was confusing because I thought I was booking a double room for two rooms and it was only a single room so two of our group had to sleep on the floor.

Na

The room was reaaly nice and breakfast was good, what I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When i first check into hotel I ask NOT to be in a conjoined room, desk clerk sais o.k. and gave me a room that was conjoined anyway so i went back down to front desk told him about the room, clerk said sorry and gave me a new room went to new room the same conjoined. I was to tired to go back down stairs so we just kept the room because the kids were tired to from long ride.

The room was reaaly nice and breakfast was good, what I really like was the friendly check clerk to her my dislikes and she said Soory about that and gave us a free night check. That was very nice of the hotel so yes we will be using that hotel again.

Memorial Weekend!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was slim to none the first and second night (the front desk staff informed us that there had been several car break-ins prior to us arriving the first day/night). Also, too many young teens hanging out front and through-out the hotel the first night.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other than an issue with the bathroom door, we loved everything about this place!

The pool was wonderfully warm and clean, and breakfast was delicious, with lots of variety. We loved the friendly hospitality of the staff, especially how they set a rubber ducky on the bathtub (our son loved it!) and provided travel necessities we had forgotten (a toothbrush and comb).

I enjoyed myself.

I enjoyed myself. I just wish I knew the pool and hot tub were out of order during the duration of my stay since that was a part of my therapeutic treatment.

KP stays at Hampton Inn

The pool was down it's the second week in a row I went there in a pool has been down

The breakfast taste good it was well season I just don't like pork so I don't want sausage but other than that everything was good

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Hotel didn't fit the community
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything about the hotel was poor and different it didn't even look like a Hampton inn dry downscale but clean for the most part

I just liked it because it was a Hampton Inn

Unable to relax,drilling,poor room service.

Went to Milwaukee to stay for a couple days before I have surgery on Monday morning. Just wanted to relax. But Saturday on the roof right above us was Drilling and pounding all day long. This completely ruined our quick getaway. I mean can you imagine hearing Drilling and pounding all day long starting from about 9 in the morning until about 6 at night. We woke up Sunday morning and we left immediately. At home I was able to relax on Sunday. Whoever was cleaning our room did the worst job I've ever seen. Even the TV Clicker only works if you are right in front of the TV literally right next to it. Which means you can't lay down and change channels. Anyway I guess you can see it was not a relaxing weekend. Don't think I can stay and a Hampton Inn. People don't ask much just that they can relax.

Milwaukee trip

A new ice maker on 4th floor would be nice This is a sick building There is MOLD in the ceiling and in the wall! Can not get over the musty mildew smell

Very small breakfast area with one Waffke maker? Are you kidding? Supply's were limited. But made available when asked for Took a while to get fruits and others stuff to refill Sausage were very bad. The worst kind ever had.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Horrible

The pool area

I liked the new look to the rooms very nice ..the pool area was nasty ..kids was not suppose to be in the pool after 10 pm ..and there were cups in the pool and no clean towels...

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Staff was friendly, room was clean, breakfast was good,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In a somewhat industrial area

Staff was friendly, room was clean, breakfast was good, sufficient supply of towels in the pool area, nice extras like prizes for the kids.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Planning for the next trip

Better wall barrier

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Relaxing and quiet

Ken was great at accommodating. Wonderful staff member, very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great hotel with helpful staff

Great hotel, value for money. Rooms are up-to-date and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Quickness for reservations and check out easy

Havent received receipt

Quickness for reservations and check out easy

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good value for the money.

Only one toaster available. Long waits just for a piece of toast. TV reception was very poor.

Breakfast was well supplied and replenished.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I love this place very relaxing and friendly.

I love this place very relaxing and friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Dusty and dirty construction
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction in the lobby, no one at the reception for over 40 mins. No towels in room.

Comfortable bed

Absolute horrible stay/experience! Had to be moved twice: TV didn't work/no thermostat!

Didn't like anything. Hotel is rundown. Not the same condition as last time. Want my money back!

The bed was extra comfy, and the room was really clean.

The bed was extra comfy, and the room was really clean.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Friendly, clean and comfort

Nothing at all

Employees were beyond friendly

I was impressed with the nice clean rooms, the breakfast was plenty and the pool was nice and warm.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything!!! Especially the warm temperature of the water in the pool!!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Quiet, comfortable, clean, friendly and easy access to downtown Milwaukee

Not a fan of powered eggs

Complimentary breakfast was good.

The hot tub water was cool not hot

Complimentary breakfast was good.

Friendly desk staff upon arrival.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No housekeeping service. Phone in room didn't work

Friendly desk staff upon arrival. Good air conditioning

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

It was nice. Good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Breakfest was good. Next to harley shop.

Horrible

No heat in the hot tub, rude staff

The pool area was really dirty.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool area was really dirty. Especially the pools. The hot wasn’t even warm. My kids were freezing. Not enjoyable

Great breakfast, clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast, clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

Size of room and smell of breakfast

We were next to loud people we called down to desk and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were next to loud people we called down to desk and they said they would tell then to quiet down that did not happen. As they were still loud

Na

Location. Nothing around the hotel that might be of value to a travellor

Na hi

Family vacation stay

I had no complaints

Staff ammenities all the above

Breakfast was on time,before us to live, do that was a...

No comments

Breakfast was on time,before us to live, do that was a really good star for the day thanks to you guys.

Awsome

It was all good

The breakfast

Good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't that great

I like the rooms n service

It was excellent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was at the hotel during a crisis, and the staff and the site made my situation bareable

Above average
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room could of been a little cleaner

Location was good