View vacation packages to

2. USA hotel reviews
  3. New York State hotel reviews
  4. New York hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden

Reviews of Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

116 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001, United States of America

#101 of 432 hotels in New York

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

This is a hotel that *needs* new plumbing and the owning company hasn't bothered to renovate that.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Plumbing is unacceptable. Toilet cannot flush material efficiently and is clearly inadequate in pressure to do so, resulting in frequent clogging. Shower temperature fluctuates wildly at all hours of day. Worst of all, today there is no cold drinking water available from the tap. The manager gave me two small bottles of drinking water since there is normally a $3 charge per bottle in the room. There is simply no excuse for a lack of cool-temperature drinking water from a tap. I cannot imagine how this many plumbing issues co-existing in a hotel cannot result in multiple, frequent complaints. I will see what they will do about it with day staff on duty but I am not getting the impression so far that the managers are empowered to do much to address such grievances, as evidenced by 2 small bottles of cool water and an apology. I expect much, much better on such a basic issue. And the toilet and shower are appalling. Sadly, this otherwise well-staffed and well-maintained hotel gets a "one star" review so far from me, as paying $200-300 per night total, although in Manhattan, doesn't fit with lack of basics like: 1. Toilets that flush; 2. Showers in which one temperature can be maintained for more than a split second, and 3. RUNNING, COOL WATER TO DRINK, for heaven's sake. You can make things better by demanding or at least threatening a partial refund of our hotel costs.

Breakfast was OK. Location was very convenient. Staff were friendly. Room was clean and although cramped (it is central Manhattan so I understand), and windows cannot open (standard now in many hotels, sadly), the A/C was powerful and clean and the value for space was good.

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

A nice hotel in a great mid-town location ideal for a city break stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a little bit small for two adults and two teenage children.

Great location near to Penn Station. Hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and professional. Good WiFi and a decent at breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

The hotel was adequate but way too pricey. We probably won’t stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are tiny. Mattress needed to be replaced. Elevators are very small and are shared by staff (often with laundry carts) and guests.

Nice sized bathroom. Great location.

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

The customer service was phenomenal.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The customer service was phenomenal. We had an issue with our toilet and staff was there within minutes to fix it. This was followed by a call from the front desk to ask if the problem was resolved. But, it didn't stop there....the staff called again the following morning again to make sure the toilet was in working order. Housekeeping did a fantastic job each day as well. We were extremely pleased with this hotel. And, the breakfast was wonderful.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Not happy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room provide was so cramped - for the money we are paying, it was so narrow - they did not provide a Crib for my toddler and of course did not have any space to keep it either.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Great location great value
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room a bit squishy with two beds in in ut

The location was great for us being close to Penn Station. It is close to some great bars and food outlets. Staff were very friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: May 24, 2019

Really no negatives.

Great location. Smaller than what we are used to but guessing in NYC they are mostly like that to take advantage of space. Very clean.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Breakfast was good.
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast area was a little small and it was crowded at times.

Breakfast was good. Selections were good. More than enough selections to satisfy breakfast needs.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

Absolutely wonderful!!!!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had an issue with my credit card, the hotel even contacted me and I payed with cash, but when I first came to the reception, there was a receptionist there who would treat me in such ironic way. I don’t remember her name, but she works with Jenina. She was so rude and spoke aloud about my issue with the credit card. I have money to stay in such hotel, and don’t have to be treated without discretion just because my card had an issue. This was embarrassing to me, thanks to Jenina I felt better, but this one lady was not offering the Hilton hospitality as she should.

There was a receptionist called Jenina, she has great customer service skills and her smile is not a faked one. She is sincere on here customer service. Overall, the cleanliness of the hotel is spotless, amazing! No hairs, no dust, no insects, no odors: Amazing!!!

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Very satisfactory, clean, friendly, and convenienty place to stay!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The elevators were very slow, and at one point, we thought we were stuck in the elevator (it wouldn't do anything for about 2 minutes), and my daughter felt like she was starting to have a panic attack.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and we were so relieved to be able to check-in at 1:00 am after a terrible experience at Hotel Pennsylvania.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2019

Conveniently located, within walking distance to shops and...
    • Standard King Room

A complimentary bottle of water shouldn’t be too much to ask considering the room rates.

Conveniently located, within walking distance to shops and attractions. Rooms were clean and were spacious (even for Non-NYC standards). The staffs were very friendly, especially the lady in the breakfast room who made sure that our needs are met.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2019

Breakfast ice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Your advertising that you have a microwave and refrigerator in the room and there was not are room was super small for 4 ppl just not what I expected. Also the wait time for housekeeping took forever. Also they lost a bag or mines but found it before we left. Over all not happy

Breakfast ice

• Reviewed: May 8, 2019

The rooms were clean and the morning breakfast I enjoyed...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel had 19 floors for only two elevators. You waited for an elevator often because it would be full of passengers.

The rooms were clean and the morning breakfast I enjoyed during our stay.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

Good esperience.
    • Standard King Room

Justine at the reception make a mess with my credit card, locking the available amount and at the checkout the total room amount has been taken from it even if I asked to pay in cash when I arrived there. I've also payed 20$ more by cash that weren't reinbursed on my credit card.

Perfect position, very central and very close to Penn Station with all the metro lines available. Hotel quite new and well organized and very clean. Breakfast various and very good. The staff was amazing especially breakfast and cleaning people, ie. Dolores.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

We stayed at the hotel for 3nights and we really enjoyed our...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a bit small for a family of three and the elevators were small and very busy for the size of the hotel

We stayed at the hotel for 3nights and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very polite and helpful in everything we wanted. Complimentary breakfast was a big plus (had big variety of food and Carolina was very helpful. The location of the hotel is very nice also very close to Madison Square Garden and Pen station(subway). Overall we would choose this hotel again if needed.

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

Location was good and staff were friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast room is cluttered and one could not find a place to sit. The space is small. The food is the same. For a stay of 6 days it was too much!

Location was good and staff were friendly

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: March 19, 2019

I will Be Back!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very pleased overall. Waters and cookies for Hilton Honors a nice touch.

Staff was very professional, informative and welcoming. Property was very clean and beds quite comfortable. Great location!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2019

Moderately high expectations - I'd heard about breakfast and allegedly comfy beds-- and
    • Standard King Room

Dismissive and rude management, brusque and impolite desk staff, rigid and punitive billing policies - see my letter to booking.com about the ridiculous fee for an ice bucket left at the ice machine --overall an unpleasant stay. The hotel pennsylvania or hotel Stewart so close by offer far greater comfort , facilities, overall charm.

Nice housekeepers

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

The location, clean rooms helpful staff all contributed to a...
    • Standard King Room

The location, clean rooms helpful staff all contributed to a positive stay. Fast easy WiFi was another positive. The breakfast was convenient with a wide variety of choices.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

The HCAV fluctuated from super hot to super cold.

See above.

The HCAV fluctuated from super hot to super cold. Maintenance did not even check the thermostat on wall. I didn’t sleep all nite. When on, system very stuffy - dirty filter? Tub did not drain at all - tells you something about housekeeping. Loud street - constant sirens. Other things good to excellent but these ruined my entire trip. I was worthless the next day and got nothing done.

Great place to stay!

No food vending machines

Loved the location! The staff were very friendly and helpful making this trip less stressful. Will book with this hotel again!

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

It was a good find with a great location near Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very small, but we managed.

The breakfast was excellent! The location of the hotel was perfect for our purpose. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2019

Great location, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced - will return!
    • Standard King Room

Lobby can be a little crowded at times, especially due to the 2 slow elevators. Same can be said for the popular breakfast area at some peak hours but not a deal breaker - nevertheless, overall, the "positive" definitely take precedent over the few "comments" !

Great location (especially for a hockey game!), very comfortable king bed, very clean, smiley staff at all time, reasonable price pour central NY... great! ...and they quickly saved the day at check-out to find us a transportation for 6 to the airport when our Uber failed to provide the service. Cheers!

• Reviewed: March 2, 2019

Great experience. Wish I'd been there as a tourist and not on business.
    • Standard King Room

Rooms were a little on the small side, but I've stayed in much smaller in NYC.

Great location. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. This is a very good tourist hotel.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2019

Premier League viewing enhanced my stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was crowded as mentioned earlier. Lifts a little slow.

Breakfast was fine, albeit a little crowded. Location absolutely brilliant. MSG just round the corner, plenty of shops & food stores around. Room & facilities clean. Great to be able to watch Premier League football on our arrival, that DEFINITELY enhanced my stay.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

It's very close to Madison Square Garden
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The stay was fine until after, they charged my card multiple times and left my account in negative. I called several times and spoke to front office manager - she said she'd check with their head office and call me back. She never called me back. I called several times and just gave up. Till today my account is negative over $2000.

It's very close to Madison Square Garden

It was worth the money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

a complimentary water would have been nice.

The entire experience was great. I think I would look into the membership program that the have. I noticed free water at check in but I did not qualify. also some kind of goody bag at check out.

Great location great staff
    • Standard King Room

There was only a couple of little things . No drawers in room to put underware in . And the dining facilities lacking as I can't eat and drink from paper plates and cups with plastic knifes and forks .

The staff where great very attentive. Hotel and rooms where very clean . And location was brilliant 10 mins walk from time Square and 2 minutes from Penn station. You can walk to most places from here.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

This hotel's best feature is, of course, its location,...
    • Standard King Room

Be aware that you'll be charged an extra $50 for 'additional charges', even if you're only staying for one night, which I wasn't made aware of before I checked in. Moreover, you'll have to wait a week, or longer, to get this money back once you've checked out if you paid using a debit card. Staff are polite and pay lip service but're not really interested in helping, and certainly won't void the transaction as another hotel did so the funds're returned immediately. Also, the area around the hotel may not be the safest at night. I didn't venture out, so cannot really say.

This hotel's best feature is, of course, its location, which's within easy walking distance of Penn Station, which makes it easy to reach from JFK airport via the AirTrain and the Long Island Railroad, and other NYC attractions. In addition, the included breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

A/C unit was very loud Air in the room was extremely dry Cleanliness could be improved

Great location Friendly and helpful staff Good size of the room, comfortable bed Overall good value for money

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Central location. Big beds for 1 person.

Breakfast is very poor.

Rooms are ok with big beds. Big flat TV is a plus. Wi-fi Connection broke down the last day. Location is very central. Staff is helpful.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Nice hotel in the middle of Manhattan
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Crowded if the hotel is fully booked (elevator, dining). The air conditioning used to heat the room was noisy and it does not stop in automatic mode, not even after the temperature was reached. Moreover, the booking in my app is Cancelled, although it was not and I spent there three nights!?!?!?!

Location, staff, cleanliness

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Second time in this hotel
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

The room is too small, no place for suitcase

Excellent location for shopping and getting around, very close to Penn Station, which makes it convenient to get to Jfk.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

Absolutely awesome
    • Standard King Room

There was nothing to fault during our stay!!

I don’t usually leave reviews but we have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel and as this was our first time in NYC we wanted to share what a fabulous experience we had whilst we were here. Just a short walk from madison square gardens and penn station, the hotel was ideally based!! The rooms were lovely and clean and the bed was absolutely awesome 😌Breakfast was included in our stay and what a great way to start the day. Complimentary grab and go breakfasts were also available, we didn’t use this but is an amazing idea if you’re heading out early to explore. I never knew what to have for breakfast and the choice exceeded what I was expecting. The breakfast staff were lovely and always took the time to speak to us. Complimentary coffee and hot chocolate with cookies was available all day and was an added bonus returning to the hotel on a night after being out in the cold all day. The housekeeper even put our heater on for us returning! What a lovely thought!! It was my partners 40th Birthday while we were there and the staff all signed a personal message in a birthday card and left a complimentary package with snacks, much to his delight. I can’t complain about this hotel and have already checked for flights and availability. This hotel has a lovely personal touch for such a big city!!! Can’t wait to come back 🍎🇺🇸❤️

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

The staff are all extremely kind and helpful.

I liked everything.

The staff are all extremely kind and helpful. They make you feel at home. Breakfast was very good with a variety of fruits, cereal, yoghurt , pastries and a hot meal. Tea and coffee is available round the clock and delicious cookies in the afternoon. Mattresses very comfy and rooms seem to be sound-proof. Spotlessly clean and excellent location. Very good value for money even if rates are slightly higher than at other hotels in the area. I had stayed at the Hampton Inn four years ago and it was a pleasure to be back.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Great value for money.
    • Standard King Room

We were on the 2nd floor facing the street so whenever we opened the window cigarette smoke would come through to our room and smelt very bad. The dining area for breakfast was very vey small.

Great value for money. The location is awesome! Bed quite comfortable and the staff are friendly. very ckean hotel!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Good hotel with a great location
    • Standard King Room

The sound insulation of the room was not good. The windows let in the noise from the street, and the room door, which didn't have a threshold, didn't block any sound coming from the hallway. It was the same as having the door open. We could also hear people talking in the room next door, so either the walls were thin or the people were loud. The breakfast room was quite crowded every morning and the breakfast itself was pretty basic. Still, better than nothing.

The location of the hotel is excellent, with lots of restaurants and shops nearby in Chelsea, NoMad and Koreatown. Several metro stations in the area provide very good connections to the whole city. The hotel is also within walking distance from Times Square, in case you enjoy huge tourist crowds. The hotel is very clean and the room is big enough for several nights' stay. Breakfast, which was included in the price, was a nice plus.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

One of the smaller hotels in Hampton Inn chain.

One of the smaller hotels in Hampton Inn chain. Good position 200m from 2 metro stations. Small rooms as in all hotels in New York but clean, comfortable and very helpful staff. Substantial breakfast was very welcome start to the day.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

The hotel was very comfortable even though the rooms are...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very comfortable even though the rooms are very small. It was quite difficult for three people to move around. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

It was just grand :)
    • Standard King Room

They left us lovely treats in our room, as it was our honeymoon/mini moon ;) and a card signed by members of staff, a sweet gesture! (It really was Very thoughtful!!) There was cookies in reception (complimentary) on evenings, scrumptious!! :)

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Hotel was near penn station
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were a bit tight and small No one helped us get our things to the room. Not sure if that’s usual for US hotels though

Hotel was near penn station Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

PROS: the property was clean and well maintained.

No Cons to the property.

PROS: the property was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast for me was fine as a vegetarian and there were plenty of different types of carbs available. If you like a lot of meats you may not be as happy. Coffee and tea were available all day and night which I greatly appreciated. They also had large containers of iced water with and without lemon and mint, a extra nice touch. There are two elevators and I never had a problem with a wait of more than a minute or two for them. My double room was on the top floor (19th). Very quiet, large for nyc, a place to store clothes and a rack for my luggage. Bedding was clean and the comforter was warm. Bathroom was clean, hot water always available. There was a medicine cabinet to store your toiletries but it was so large that it covered the handle on the faucet but you could still get to it. A little strange but everything worked ok and I liked having the cabinet instead of storing everything on a counter. The heat was easily adjustable in the room. Location was good especially if you’re arriving via Penn Station, a close walk.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

No complaints.

Great location. Staff was fantastic especially Rueben with the children at breakfast. Very clean and quiet. Wifi worked great. Breakfast had lots of choices and was very good.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Great quality, excellent staff, great value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is a bit chaotic as there isn't much seating but apart from that it's excellent

Everything was perfect. Staff where amazing with a special thank you to jenina (I think that's her name) who went out of her way to make sure my partner enjoyed her birthday while arranging a birthday card signed by all the staff for her along with some treats.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Comfortable and well located
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Single-use paper plates, plastic cutlery, plastic glasses and disposable coffee cups at breakfast. The amount of waste produced by this one hotel is staggering.

Comfortable beds, good breakfast, quiet rooms. Friendly staff, little extras like biscuits available in the afternoon. Luggage storage was convenient and the location was good for exploring Manhattan.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

All in all everything was fine, but was not wowed
    • Standard King Room

No fluffy eggs. All the sausages were pork. It would have been nice to have been offered turkey sausage.

I liked the coffee and tea being available 24 hours

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Great place to stay near Penn Station with easy access to many parts of the City.
    • Standard King Room

The breakfast area is too small to handle the crowds and the tables cannot be cleaned between guests.

The room was comfortable, the location terrific with ability to walk to many sights or grab a cab anywhere. Breakfast is always good at Hampton Inns and this location was no different. Coffee, tea and water available all the time - a bonus. The staff are always welcoming - arriving or departing. Very friendly environment.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

not bad
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

make sure there are no hairs in the beds

Only problem was that there were some hairs on the sheets and duvet and a stain on the sheet. Very worried about bugs these days. But it was clean. All hotels should do away with wood and headboards.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Modern fairly clean room in an excellent location, very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was a bit small and cramped, but that's probably normal for NYC

Modern fairly clean room in an excellent location, very close to Penn Station and MSG; breakfast was okay but nothing special; staff were helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

It was ok
    • Standard King Room

Room too small and narrow. Banged my shoulder everytime I passed by the wall hanged tv. The chair smelled bad. Had to move it far from the bed (which in that size of a room is not much futher) or it would be impossible to sleep without the mouldy smell.

Area is not the greatest but it is convenient - close to 34th Penn Station and a buffet eatery across the street if u are into that kind of meal. Breakfast was ok even if coffee was badly diluted. All in all it was an ok short stay

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Extravaganza livaranza
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little larger room kept bumping into desk to get to closet

The eggs at breakfast not watery. Jacks discount right across street. Excellent control of room temperature

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Great location as backdrop for a nice time with friends.
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

Air conditioner a little noisy. Table tops in the dining area disconcerting- several customers spread napkins beneath their plates. Need refinishing, looked like they needed clearning.

Front desk staff was excellent- especially Alena (sp?) Loved the cookies in the baggies and the breakfast take away bags!

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Great location for walking everywhere;
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom was poorly planned - large medicine cabinet that stuck out over the sink making it impossible to wash your face or brush your teeth without getting water everywhere.

Great location for walking everywhere; 1 block to Penn Station subway.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Well done.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean bathrooms!! Hotel staff was polite and friendly. Front desk had extra toiletries in case you forgot your toothbrush. Great location. Excellent complimentary breakfast - wish it didn’t close up at 10am so I could have slept in longer. That and the fact that there was no hotel bar/restaurant were the only disappointments. 3 & 1/2 out of 4 stars.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

What we expected

The room smells bad. It is very small for 4 person

The location is excellent to visit Manhattan. Personal is very friendly and always willing to help.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Nice hotel with a good location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

some hotel staffs were not helpful when I asked about coin laundry. But the next day the other lady was very helpful. Elevators were very small. Overall this is a good place to stay but quite costly.

Breakfast was simple but good enough. The hotel was small but clean. Housekeeping did a good job when I asked them to clean the room. Location is good, just off to the quiet street.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Friendly staff and nice property
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a room with single king size bed for 2 person but they gave us an upgraded room which has double bed that makes room smaller and tight to moved around. The front desk didn’t informed us during check-in. We complained and they said it’s fully book which is not right. We did our booking online a night before and it seems that we can’t get a good room we want.

Breakfast meal and bathroom

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

We loved the comfy rooms, the super friendly and helpful front desk staff and indeed all the staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The dining area is very tight and busy.

The beds are really comfortable as are the pillows - very NB. The staff are all fantastic and offer great service without being “in your face”. The location is absolutely ideal.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Lovely Staff, Great Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the room is Tiny but efficient

Great Staff- we celebrated my father's 60th birthday in New York. when we arrived to the room, a postcard with greeting !from the staff was waiting for us, plus couple of treats- Thank you very much The location of the hotel is great- near Penn Station, and times square- Highly recommended

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Great value in the Penn Station area
    • Standard King Room

The blast of loud pop music as you enter the lobby from the street.

The front desk staff there is consistently friendly and accommodating. Beds are very comfortable!

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

It was a place to sleep before flying out in the morning.

The room was 64 degrees when we entered. We reported the problem and returned two hours later to an 86 degree room. We were told to remove the thermostat from the wall to reset it. This did not work and the room's temperature fluctuated all night making it very uncomfortable.

Breakfast is good. Close to Penn Station.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Nice stay for a conference!

Lots of homeless.

Nice Central location. Very clean. Staff were great. Breakfast was fine. Room was basic. But clean and comfortable. Plenty of police. Felt safe. Fire house a few steps away!

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Firstly the location of the hotel is fantastic, a block and...
    • Standard King Room

Firstly the location of the hotel is fantastic, a block and a half from Penn Station, there’s a little shop on the way to it where you can drinks and snacks and a deli on the opposite side and a liquor store on the next block. First appearance was really good, the young ladies and gentlemen on reception were so polite and check in was less than 5 minuets, the reception is small but adequate. The room was on the 4th floor where we looked out on to another building, which didn’t bother us as weren’t in the room other than for sleeping and showering. A coffee making facilities were provided in the rooms. The bed was comfy and we were provided with fresh towels every day. The aircon was a really good and needed however once in the room it could feel a little chilly so we just switched it off and put it on when we got up. The bathroom was clean with toiletries provided - soap, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion. Breakfast was included, English muffins, cake, waffles which you made yourself, cereal and different mornings there were scrambled eggs, sausage patties, another there were western omelette and turkey sausages. Juice & yoghurt were daily along with tea, coffee and milk. Disposable plates, cutlery & cups were used. You could have tea or coffee 24 hours which is located in the dining room. Ice machines were situated on certain floors however after 9 you get ice from a machine on the lower level where there was also a vending machine. Every morning and evening when leaving and returning the reception staff were pleasant and always smiling and were more than helpful. If you want a reasonably priced no frills hotel which is clean and comfy, south of Times Square within walking distance of a subway and attractions then staying here would be ideal.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

The location is excellent, very good breakfast, friendly...
    • Standard King Room

Dirty towels and pillowcase when just came ((( Had to ask for a replacement.

The location is excellent, very good breakfast, friendly & helpful staff, free tee/coffee 24 hours.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Comfortable stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Due to the location of this hotel it doesn’t have good views from any window.

$50 parking for an SUV across the street, nice garage, great service! The car was ready without us calling ahead of time! The location of the hotel was great, breakfast was good. Great attentive staff 24/7, coffee and apples all day! Clean rooms, comfortable bed, large bathroom with lots of shelves!

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

This is a good place to stay in NY.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bit scary place to walk during night time with kids due to people sleeping on the streets and their way of communicating with each other.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. The Breakfast spread was good.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

The staff and the cleanliness of the hotel.
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

The breakfast. They should add more meat options and not just have everything be pork and ham. I wanted to try the eggs they had but it had ham in it and there sausage was pork only. I asked if they have beef, turkey or even chicken and they didn’t.

The staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. The service was excellent and The rooms were really clean and the location of the hotel is perfect.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

The location of this hotel is amazing!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfat room is very small and therefore very crowded.

The location of this hotel is amazing! The Hampton Inn is located whitin walking distance of the most popular sightseeing of the NY, including Times Square, 5th Avenue and Empire State Building.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Firstly all the people that work at this hotel were very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I could mention is that the room was small for two people.

Firstly all the people that work at this hotel were very kind and helpful. I am very grateful to each one of them. They made us feel comfortable and well taken care of.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

The staff is what brought a smile to my face FANTASTIC
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was much smaller than expected. Would have liked to known ahead that construction was going on in front of building. The room was in the path of scaffolding. Had to be cognizant of the window when changing clothes. There was no refrig or dresser. The ice maker didn't work on the 7th floor. The area for breakfast was extremely tight. Very difficult to manage around when more than 10 people in room.

The staff was amazing. Everyone was very polite and nice. I was there celebrating my birthday. Jenina and Will left a birthday card and treats. It was such a nice gesture.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Disappointing and over priced.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dangerous slippery shower floor TV on the wall shoulder level, that caused a bruise as walked by, and it still hurts! Breakfast - chaos, dining room not big enough for size of hotel, lack of options, not replenished enough constantly having to ask for things. One member of staff on check in was So ignorant Lobby toilet not working so advised we could use Nordstrom. No milk sachets for the drink facilities in the room. The total cost to stay here was hugely overpriced and really disappointing for being in the Hilton chain, $303 for total stay, $110-130 but certainly no more for a 1night stay.

Comfortable bed. Hot drinks available all day

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Two thumbs up!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent location, accomodating staff, facilities are great, very good value for money. Next time we visit NY, we will definitely stay again at Hampton!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Location was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was extremely tiny though I had booked for 3 adults. The beds weren’t comfortable and there was not enough storage space. The breakfast area was very small and there were lots of people queuing all the time, making it extremely difficult to find a space. The quality of the breakfast was also poor.

Location was good

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

For the price of the room I thought it was great and the location surrended by shops and food places
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a little small I wish the size could have been a little bit bigger.

The hotel and the room was clean. I liked how their continental breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, etc.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Great value, good location! Friendly staff and free breakfast!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was good. Very close to Penn Station, Madison Square Garden and several subway stops. Also super close to Suprima Pizza (yum!) The neighborhood itself is not the cleanest area of NY and the sidewalks get very crowded about a block or two from the hotel. Time Square is about a 10-15 min walk. Breakfast was good (not great) but definitely better than some hotels. However, it gets VERY crowded. The room itself is small but not horrendous. Beds were ok (a little hard) but again, not the worse I've slept on. The only thing I noticed during our stay was the shower curtain needed replacing (it smelled.) However, the room was spotless otherwise! Would definitely stay again.

We Price Match