Reviews of Hampton Inn NY-JFK Jamaica-Queens 3 stars

144-10 135th Avenue, Queens, NY 11436, USA

#29 of 119 hotels in Queens

Based on 2031 hotel reviews

Quiet and super comfortable.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Waited at least half an hour for the shuttle (which is supposed to come right when you call from the airport) to come from 5 minutes away despite calling several times and being told it was already on the way. Watched every other shuttle from every other hotel drive by multiple times while waiting. Inexcusable.

Quiet and super comfortable. I slept like a baby. Staff were really friendly. Breakfast was good and free 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate was a great perk.

I had the only one negative issue with this stay.

I had the only one negative issue with this stay. There was no direct number for this hotel at the courtesy phone at Federal Circle, so you have to use your cell to call for shuttle. It is very inconvenient for a traveler, who has no cell phone working in US. But I have to admit, that there was shuttle at the Federal Circle, so I had no problems with getting to hotel.

Always meets/exceeds expectations

I can't really think of anything that I didn't like. Maybe just no safety deposit box available.

Free breakfast, clean rooms, comfy beds, many amenities, free newspapers, to go breakfast bags, nice workout room, friendly staff, airport shuttle, close to a bus stop that goes to the subway station, various television channels.

Better than some airport hotels, it was almost OK.

The building is getting very tired, dingy, dirty and un-cared for. The sticky tile floors and dirty carpet in the rooms made me uneasy as to the care that is taken to clean the rooms between guests. Peeling wallpaper and paint, a musty mildew smell didn't help.

Location is as close to JFK as possible for overnighting between flights.

Would definitely recommend the Hampton particularly for overnight connecting flights.

Best hotel near JFK we have found. Great breakfast, connected to the Hilton with a wonderful restaurant (although pricey), nice room, great staff and shuttle was on time.

Convenient location

The only issue was that to get the shuttle from the airport, I had to make a call from my international number to the hotel myself because the number for the hotel wasn't included with the other shuttle numbers there at Federal Circle.

We were only passing through New York and had a flight the following night, so the best parts would have to be the location and the shuttle service. Initially I was worried about where the shuttle would drop us off, but I was pleasantly surprised when we were taken to the terminal we needed. A good breakfast was included, and staff made sure we knew about dining options including sharing menus from restaurants that deliver to the hotel.

Safe, comfortable above average airport hotel.

I can not think of a thing I disliked for my short one night stay.

Staff was welcoming and friendly beginning with the shuttle driver thru the check in process and the crew who organized the lobby breakfast. There is a 24/7 coffee station, plenty of space in lobby to have a meeting, or chat with friends and a TV monitor dedicated to departure schedule at JFK. There is no restaurant, but there is an enclosed dedicated walkway to the Hilton next door to use their bar and restaurant. Room card key activates the doors to the walkway for security purposes. There were several flight crew's staying at this hotel, which indicates consistent above average accommodations. Parking lot had security gates.

Good, but expensive, option if you have to overnight at JFK

The carpet in my room wasn't the cleanest. The blackout curtains had about a 1-foot gap, so it was impossible to keep the room dark in the morning. There are very few restaurants around, so for lunch or dinner, you are basically forced to go to the (very expensive) Hilton next door or order in.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The shuttles were convenient, running every half an hour. The breakfast selections were plentiful and tasty. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, the sheets and linens were soft.

Shuttle to JFK

Breakfast had stale bagels and only two types and no omelettes (Brooklyn location had numerous, delicious bagels and omelettes). No body wash provided.

Shuttle to JFK

Location good for work but very disappointed with the dining and downstairs area

The breakfast and dining area were very poor. It was nothing like what was advertised on their web site. It was just like a free for all in the morning and the food was very poor.

The room that I had was great, bright clean and airy and the towels were changed every day. I would have no complaints about the room

Good

Hotel was a little tired in terms of decor but not overly so.

Staff were good and it was a typical Hampton experience. The room was quiet and I was not disturbed.

It was a pleasant stay.

None actually.

The staff were very helpful. My toddler was acting up (tired from a long travel) and one of the staff offered him a packet of candy to calm him. He doesn’t eat candy but definitely distracted him so he stopped crying and throwing a fit.

Close to Airport

Shower was dingy and brown around the drain. The location was very close to the airport but hard to get to from Manhattan. I took the LIRR to Jamaica Station and then caught a taxi for 12 bucks. It worked fine.

Bed was fine and room we generally pretty clean except the shower.

Value for money, best hotel that I’ve stayed in a JFK so far.

Air-conditioning units are very loud. Vending machine wasn’t working on 9th floor.

Very nice hotel compared to other similarly-priced hotels at JFK. Rooms are spacious, neat and have good amenities.

It's yet acceptable though not much attractive.

It seems there is no thick and dark curtain to keep off light. And the washing basin in the closet it's too small and the tap sticks right in the center of it. I wonder if anyone of your employee has tried washing here. There is no microwave oven when I try to heat some burgers that I keep with me. And the price is a bit high thinking the overall facilities. It will help if there is information of public transport from major stations to your hotel.

The breakfast is quite good and the front desk person is quite good. The shuttle bus to airport is good although it's bit too speedy on the way.

Really lovely hotel with excellent reception staff

Everything was fantastic, couldn’t complain about anything

The reception staff were very friendly, made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were spotless clean and beds were very comfortable, bathroom had been modernised and exceptionally clean

Disappointing stay.

We requested a room away from elevators & on a high floor. We were allocated a room directly opposite the elevator on a low floor. The receptionist informed us Booking.com do not pass requests on. We spoke later to another receptionist who apologised & moved us away from the elevator. Unfortunately the air con didn’t work & the engineer replaced the battery, advised us to call again if still not working, at that point we were too weary to contact yet again. The bath tub needs updating, worn out surface. The breakfast box to take away was not available.

The bed was comfortable and the 2nd room was much quieter.

The bed was very good to sleep in.

The breakfast was lacking, some of the food was not available and was told they were waiting for a delivery which is late because of the holiday.

The bed was very good to sleep in.

Ideal for an early jfk flight

Grab and go breakfast for the early leavers could have been better as our rate did include breakfast

Proximity to airport and lovely staff; airport shuttle left bang on time

Pleasurable

Staff was phenomenal. Above and beyond. Room was clean. Bed was oh so comfy. Breakfast was great, many options for everyone. Does not disappoint!

It was a day and a night. Overall we were satisfied

Didn’t like the really, really small sink and poor shower head in the rest room I have never seen such a small sink in a Hotel rest room! That was an issue!

The room was clean and comfortable Very nice staff !

Pleasant stay

I went with my 3 yr old kind. While booking the room I mentioned my arrival time (bw 10 - 11am) but when I reached the hotel they said no rooms available and the check in time is 3 PM. However the staff was so kind to make alternate arrangement. Wondering what's the purpose of mentioning the arrival time.

The room was clean, comfort bet, healthy breakfast

I was unable to sleep well at your hotel... Not happy with the hotel

Air conditioner has a very disturbing hum, which comes from all the air conditioning units... The units are cycling together , creating a harmonic vibrating sound.. At night this sound amplify thru out the outside & inside the building along the Windows.. Which interups your sleep... Have a sound technician check this out , after 10pm...During the hours of 1am. - 5am. The noise is really noticeable... A possible correction to this problem, is to altinate the power phase between floors... One unit on A phase ( 1st floor ) second unit on B phase ( 2nd floor ), 3 unit on C phase ( 3rd floor ) then continue altinatin the phases going up the building...

The location was good.

The only complaint I would have is the replenishing of the breakfast items. Had to ask for stuff to be replenished.

The location was good. The room was clean. The employees were friendly.

The hotel is clean and close to JFK airport.

The hotel is clean and close to JFK airport. Check in and out was simple and the staff was very pleasant. They have a an airport shuttle that leaves on the half hour. They also had complimentary tea and coffee on a self serve basis

Once inside, better than expected. I had a very early flight, would always use this hotel in future.

Traveling as a woman alone, I arrived very late at night, driving my own car. I had to park a long way around the back. There was a group of men and a few other individual men around the sides of the building that didn’t seem to be staying there. I felt uneasy leaving my car and going around from behind the hotel to the front of hotel. It was 1am.

Friendly professional staff Clean and comfortable room Quiet Convenient for airport travel

Restaurant was good:food was tasty and employee was very...

Paper plates and cups in breakfast zone and employees in this area when price was 255 USD per night. They shouldn't give extra food after 10 AM but close zone at 10 AM was rude.There was still people.

Restaurant was good:food was tasty and employee was very nice. Hotel is so close airport and give transport.

The hotel was perfect for our perpose an overnight stay.

The location is a little remote with only the Hilton next door for food. We ate there but the service was poor, dirty beer glass and poor food.

The room was large and comfy with a good king size bed. The airport shuttle was convenient with no waiting time at the airport after our long flight.

Our stay fitted its purpose, which was overnight accomodation near the airport

The air conditioning in our room was extremely noise leading to a disturbed night.

The Beds were comfy and the staff very friendly. The free shuttle to and from the airport was excellent.

Front desk staff Tina was conscientious to help get us a...

Front desk staff Tina was conscientious to help get us a quiet, restful room for our stay. Michael, bartender at the Hilton next door, was very helpful and made sure we got our very late lunch (4 pm) in a timely manner and that our waiter took good care of us later that evening (9 pm) for supper. Mahalo (thank you)!

Nice Airport hotel, good service

The driver of the airport shuttle bus was extremely rude. Didn't announce the terminals but on the other hand didn't allow passengers to ask him during driving. Part of the guests missed their terminal. Very annoying

Nice comfortable room. Clean. Friendly and service oriented reception staff

Overall good stay however I won't return due to the extra $20 fee to park my car.

Parking situation. Lack of spots and took a while to get into a spot. Then at the front desk I was charged $20 to park my car. Why isn't a parking space included in the $200 room fee? That was ridiculous.

Comfortable room, close proximity to airport

Great hotel, value for money, just need to improve shuttle services from the airport

the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel wont pick you up in any terminal, you have to walk o take taxi/uber to specific location for pick up

Most comfortable bed i've ever slept in, lots of choices in breakfast, 1st class amenities, free water and coffee 24/7

Lay over from JFK

Wouldn’t change a thing.

Myself and my husband were very happy with this hotel, we had a day layover in JFK heading back home to Ireland from Las Vegas. The hotel was very clean, the staff were so accommodating. Our flight home was at 6:10pm and I rang at 11:45am to see if we could have a late checkout and it was no problem and no charge. The business centre was free and we got to check in and print our boarding passes. Free coffee at the reception and a shuttle bus to the airport. I can’t recommend this hotel anymore. I will be telling all my family and friends if they need a hotel near JFK this is the one to stay at.

Close to Airport

A little isolated but was good for overnight stay.

Roomy rooms. Complimentary tea, coffee. Connected to another hotel that has bar and restaurant. We stayed here because of the location to airport, a shuttle bus was provided which was great.

I was always looking for a hotel to stay in the area. I would definitely stay here again

The facilities were clean and comfortable but a little older, not pristine.

Very well located, good price value for the area, felt very comfortable as a solo female traveler, shared a restaurant with the Hilton right next door without even going outside, very friendly staff, very easy and comfortable shuttle service to the airport

Hampton Inn met all our needs...would stay again.

The coffee containers and creamers were empty at 6:20 in the morning. Fortunately, there was a male staffer who quickly took care of that issue and was friendly and very helpful. For some reason, the elevator closest to the desk would not go to floor 8 . The other elevator was quick and functioned properly.

The check in staff was okay on the evening of 4/13 and did not seem to understand my frustration with possible parking issues. However, one male staffer stepped forward and quickly resolved that problem and found a spot. The male staffer in the breakfast area was superb...wish I got his name.

Horrible. Young family spent night in a hot room.

No onsite parking, room temp was 78 degrees. Staff kept calling even after problem was not resolved at late hour. Hotel did provide a complete refund at least.

Proximity to airport

Easy access to JFK but not much else to offer

We had a strange experience where the front desk tried to put another couple in our room so around 10:30pm we heard someone trying to use a key to get in. Luckily we had the deadbolt in. The front desk was super apologetic and didn’t know how that happened, all they did was give us a $25 gift card to make up for it. Other than that our stay was fine we were only staying one night because our flight out of JFK was at 7am the next day.

Close to the airport. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.

spacious room and bathroom, comfortable bed, large TV and...

lack of restaurant in the hotel and very limited dining options, breakfast was rather unhealthy (mostly fried highly processed food) and served in paper plates and plastic cutlery

spacious room and bathroom, comfortable bed, large TV and convenient desk

it was worth most of the money spent

I didn't like the fact that i had to pay an additional 23.99 for parking at the hotel. i was confused by all the cards you needed to enter and leave the parking lot. i was given a plaque for the parking lot but was never told that i would need an additional key card to exit the lot without having to hassle with the parking slips the internet access was limited. if you wanted to use the internet for more than checking your email then you can forget about it. i was only able to use it on my phone and if i wanted to watch as much as a youtube.com video that i had to switch over to my own personal mobile data.

i liked the complimentary breakfast. it was more then just continental. if you forgot your toothbrush or one of your other toiletries they did provide you with temporary ones. i had a problem with the thermostat in my room at 3am and they sent someone up to check it. since it still didn't work they moved me to another room and offered to assist with moving my belongings to the next room. MOST of the staff was helpful with any request i had.

The facilities were great, clean, and nice staff.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I hate that everyone has to dodge real life issues in order to make a buck. We slide behind terms or labels so we don't offend someone. Please, for the sake of the sane, put back Husband, Wife, whatever, in order to preserver this thing called marriage, commitments, and a family unit. Thanks for listening!

I was with my husband, you know, the guy I'm married to. He has a penis and I have a vagina. He's a he and I'm a she. Like, a male and a female. He's my lifeline not my partner. He's someone I've committed to, not someone I'm playing games with (that's a partner).

Exactly what I needed for this one night stay near JFK. I would stay here again.

I stayed one night in this hotel with my children (15 & 13) on arrival into JFK and then moving on the next day. Easy transfer from Federal Circle Air Train stop via free phone. Very helpful staff, standard breakfast (was perfectly fine). There are only limited local evening dining options, as provided by the Hilton next door.

Disappointing stay with unauthorised/unexplained additional charges.

The alarm in our room was pre set from the previous guests in the early hours and the toilet subsequently flooded in the middle of the night, which was not a good start (I have marked cleanliness down for this reason). The breakfast is very basic with little choice. Finally we were charged an extra unexplained $41 to our credit card after our stay and still await a response/refund from the hotel.

The beds were very comfy. Shuttle service well organised.

The best stay and experience I have had at a hotel

Absolutely nothing that I didn’t like ! It was fantastic

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They helped us call cabs when we needed them. They helped us with directions to everywhere we needed to go . The were so knowledgeable and super friendly . The hotel was clean , beds were super comfortable after a long day of sightseeing.

The staff was helpful and very nice.

First the door lets the noise from the corridor get inside quite easily, so you hear everything: doors slamming, voices and conversations. Secondly, the internet connection was extremely very slow, I could not send photos for example. Third, the breakfast was really horrible: very poor and served in paper plates and with plastic forks and spoons (they call it "sustainable"!!) I find it disproportionate for a hotel where a standard room costs nearly 200 USD. There was neither green nor black tea (sic!). Last but not least, the area is awful: no place to go, no shops, nothing.

The staff was helpful and very nice. The room was quite big. Considering that the hotel is very close to a highway, it is not very noisy inside, but see the negative points

We were disappointed that we had to pay $21.

We were disappointed that we had to pay $21.00 to park after we spent over $160. to stay at the facility. As Hilton Honors Members it would have been a nice gesture. Other than that our stay was fine.

Great Layover

This is not where you would want to stay if you planned to be in the city. No restaurant, but it is physically attached to the Hilton.

Easy access to and from the airport. Great for a stop over and the staff was great. We got in at 5:00 am and our reservation was for the coming evening. The got us a room as soon as they could, around 10:30 am. They did not have to do that. We just flew in from Tel Aviv and our flight left at midnight Israel time and was a 12 hour flight. We were exhausted. Shuttle to and from the airport.

Good place for business people with some carry on luggage.

I like everything, except that you should not expect to receive help if you are carrying more luggages.

The hotel was close to the airport and that was good. Breakfast was good.

Bed was comfortable, window shades helped to keep it dark...

The room key did not work a single time for some reason, I had to call someone from the staff every time to open the door. Re-programming was not helping, I think the lock was broken. Little door behind which the fridge is hidden was broken and hang on one hinge, you could see that as soon as you enter, giving a very negative impression. Curtain cornice was made of two separate pieces, on sides, with nothing in between. I understand this is 3* hotel, but I would expect it to be at least neat.

Bed was comfortable, window shades helped to keep it dark and try to forget the curtain issue. Staff was mostly very helpful.

Could be better

Breakfast is very limited Price is high comparing to its facilities

Very closed to JFK airport Shuttle bus available to/from JFK airport Helpful reciption employee Helpful driver

Perfectly adequate for a stop over. Aircon/heating noise too loud!

The noise of the aircon/heater in our room sounded like a jet engine when it was switched on! We manually turned it off.

Very close to the airport. Nice breakfast buffet. Friendly and efficient staff.

Best beds pillows and cleanliness in New York City.

Ceilings were low.

The beds, pillows, and new comforter for each stay! Also being able to walk over to the Hilton property where they had a restaurant to eat supper! And the walkway was completely covered you were inside the whole time.

I won’t stay there afain
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The customer service was poor. The toilet had issues. I had to drag my boxes down with no help from the hotel services.

The bed was comfy and the room was ok. They attend to my transportation after complaining

Please send my receipt
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

In the front desk they did not provide me a receipt , I am an employe of department of state and I need to have receipt for my closing voucher Please send me a receipt paper which shows the date and amount of money I paid for the hotel

fitness center was very small but compact and useful.

there was a stained towel in my room no cheese in breakfast

fitness center was very small but compact and useful. breakfast and complimentary beverages were good

The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable,...

The room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom towels were plentiful and robust (not like the cheap, thin ones found in budget hotels). The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt, and the drivers were far more courteous than I've come to expect in NYC. Overall, a wonderful experience

The room and linens were very clean.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was happy with my whole experience

The room and linens were very clean. The stafalmost looked like they were happy to see us eventhough it was so busy.

Clean comfortable Hotel

Breakfast is ok but for international guests is not good, i mean it would be better if there was cheese for example or salad at least. The shuttle bus was not good, its old and need to be renewed. The heating system in the room was the most negative thing in our stay.

Clean comfortable rooms Wanda was really nice and had fast check-in. Coffee was good. Usb ports in the room was really helpful as we dont have the us chargers. Shuttle service to the airport was on time. Complimentary water bottles. Wifi was good.

It's ok. NY is expensive so this is a reasonable value for money. Impolite staff.

on arrival staff was unpleasant almost shouting at me when I asked questions, I had to wait 30 mins for shuttle bus althought it was just 5 min drive!! lack of European TV channels and poorly equipped gym

close to airport, tidy rooms.

Extremely comfortable bed!

The bed and the bedding were extremely comfortable and cozy. The room was large and very quiet. The breakfast was good and had a lot to offer. They also had coffee and apples and oranges always available.

Wonderful

The people are so nice, the beds are so comfortable and the room was so clean. I love the convenience of walking through the passageway to the 144 Restaurant, where the food is good and the bar staff is wonderful.

It was clean but that's all that was good

The room was extremely noisy, heard the"ding"of the elevator Bell ALL night! The hotel staff didn't do anything about it. Will never stay at Hampton inn again. Worst night in a hotel ever had. Save your money and stay somewhere that will be better about accommodating.

It was clean but that's all that was good

Beautiful shower, Cozy bed, excellent staff

On arrival at the airport there is a complimentary phone to call the local hotels with shuttles but Hampton Inn is not listed I had to beg the budget rental office to use their phone Also there was no kettle in the room so I had to go downstairs for hot water to make my babies milk

The night staff were excellent friendly and informative. The housekeeping staff were very considerate and efficient The breakfast was brilliant The shower was so refreshing and the bed was super comfortable

Rainy day at airport, hotel driver did not have the courtesy...

Rainy day at airport, hotel driver did not have the courtesy to come out of his car to help with luggage when coming in the van and when getting off to enter the hotel.

It was the worst experience travelling I've ever had!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room had temperature problems.It was to warm and the thermostat didn't operate correctly. I was charged for an extra day! and took forever to get it taken off my credit card.

Good enough for a rest during a layover at JFK

The staff wasn't really friendly, the shower head was not functioning properly, the AC was loud, the soundproofing of the room was bad, the door of the room had some small gaps that allowed light and sound from the hall to get in

The free hotel shuttle was great, the beds were super confortable, the TV was really nice and big, the breakfast was pretty good with a lot of variety of food to choose from with a nice selection of tea and coffee

Room was nice.

Receptionist was a bit rude. Offered complimentary water to some guests and not others Had to go over to the Hilton to get some food

Room was nice. Bed was really comfortable

Great location, close to the airport and very comfortable...

Great location, close to the airport and very comfortable with the airport shuttle. Super comfy queen size beds and good showers - all you need after a really long flight. The breakfast was ok.

We enjoyed our time as we just wanted to relax before flying out.

There weren’t any teabags in the room, which as I don’t drink coffee was a little annoying.

The extra home style cookies and soup.Also we used both Starbucks and restaurant 144 .

All staff were fantastic and super helpful!

Lighting in the room a bit dark at night and the view of the trash area wasn't great- but we weren't there for the view so that is not important at all. It is super convenient to JFK airport especially when you an early flight.

We were stuck at the airport for 4 days when our China Southern flight was cancelled. We were lucky to get a room here. After being at the airport for over 20 hours they were so kind to let us check in early around 7:30am. All staff were super nice- reception, breakfast, housekeeping and the shuttle drivers. Breakfast is fabulous- especially the waffles. You can get food delivered, use the gift shop at the Hilton and eat dinner at the Hilton as the hotels are connected. Easy to get back and forth to the airport because of the shuttle. Thank you for making a miserable situation a very pleasant stay.

A hotel of excellence!

Right from the beginning when I phoned the hotel to the moment I got on the bus right through to my check out , everything was done with excellence AND a smile! What a great stay! This is the perfect place when you have been flying for 22 hours!

It was a pretty nice stay, perfect for families traveling with young children

They do not have tooth paste and tooth brushes in the rooms. You have to request that from the lobby. It’s free though.

The rooms are clean and they provided my infant children with safe cribs to sleep in. They have a restaurant which closes late. It has a free airport shuttle that is on time, the hotel is very close to the airport.

Hampton Inn - a comfortable place to stay.

As with most hotels in this area, parking is always an issue. However, shuttle buses are always available.

The simplicity of place made me comfortable. I still enjoy staying there.

Every single staff person was friendly and helpful - the...

Every single staff person was friendly and helpful - the reception desk when I called a couple times before my trip and then also during my stay, the lady working in the breakfast area, the shutte drivers, the engineer that fixed my room heater. Customer service is obviously the guiding principle for your establishment.