Reviews of Hampton Inn Parsippany 3 stars

One Hilton Court, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA

#7 of 15 hotels in Parsippany

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

We had a good stay and the staff was very courteous and friendly

The noise level in the hallway at night when trying to go to sleep people were talking loud doors slamming shut. Water in the shower was not draining properly a little hazardous as it made it slippery.

Beds were comfy loved the fluffy pillows and the breakfast was good.

It was a nice stay

No refrigerator or microwave in the room.

bed was nice and comfortable. room was cl,ean. Bath room was specious, clean and modern. breakfast staff was good and breakfast area was clean and food was fresh. Reception desk staff was very courteous specially at check out time.

My stay was good except Nancy from housekeeping and the first person I spoke to at the front desk be

Housekeeping staffs, unfriendly, no smile, mean face. specially Nancy she needs more customers service training.

The pool, breakfast downstairs, and mostly Seth at the front desk she's exceptional, nice,helpful.

Our stay was fine for the night and service was great.

I did not like that the ceiling of the pool area was peeling. When both hotels share the pool, the pool becomes crowded very quickly.

Accommodated our family with another room without hesitation.

Will come back next year

Due to rowdy guests, both elevators broke and we had to walk 3 flights with 3 kids and 4 suitcases. Also, no fridge or microwave in room.

Everything was great. Staff was wonderful. Room service great. Very clean. Lots of free parking. Shares facility with Hilton Resort so you can use their pool, restaurants, bars, Starbucks.

The food wasn't great.

The food was horrible

The food wasn't great. The bagels were hard and the sausage and eggs were disgusting. When I checked in the guy at the desk was very nice. Other than my stay was fine.

The property is located very near an exit to the highway.

One mattress was squeaky and soft and the other was rock hard, both were clearly older mattresses. The common areas, hallways, elevators were muggy and extremely hot. Our AC didn't function properly. It would pump cool breeze for a short duration and then stop till the room again became extremely muggy. No ventilation system in the bathroom and only two hooks for hanging anything. Elevators broke while we were there. I made sure my room had a fridge before booking but arrived to a large gap where a fridge used to be. I asked and was told Hilton corporate came and took all the fridges unless you pay extra for one. We lost cold items to the trash because of this. They offered to keep our items behind the front desk in their staff fridge which we did not want to do. We received one roll of toilet paper for 3 nights/3 people and had to call for more, at which point we were again given exactly one roll. Per usual at a Hampton, the breakfast items were nice, however they were not prepared for an influx of weekend guests and the breakfast area was beyond swamped with no order whatsoever. Coffee was out/missing/full of grounds by 9am both Saturday and Sunday. A $50 hold was placed on my card for 'incidentals' which has never happened at a Hampton Inn any of the other multiple times I've stayed at one. The amount was removed from the available balance of my debit card for the duration of my stay. Nothing was said when I checked in. I complained about this and was offered a complimentary candy bar. Friends staying at the property had their keys cease to function and became locked out of their room for a period of time. This property seemed like an older building/leftover Hilton furniture that has just been updated on the surface with your typical Hampton Inn decor. It did not meet the standard I expect when staying at a Hampton Inn.

The property is located very near an exit to the highway. This was great for getting around the area. The room was clean. Compared to other hotels in the area, it was affordable. The staff was for the most part polite, but not consistent. Some guests were offered bottled water and goodie bags upon check in when others were not. The area around the hotel was well landscaped with ponds and birds like herons and geese. It is not within walking distance of much so you will need a car.

It was ok. Not as good as other Hampton Binns we stayed at.

We were locked out of our room due to a problem with the door. It was late at night. We were exhausted and it took a while to get it fixed. We should have been offered some minor token. Instead-nothing.

This hotel is excellent and most comfortable. Definitely a well run hotel with more amenities.

For us the only drawback was the location. It is in an area of multiple business companies and is heavily used by persons doing business in the area, so not the usual location right off the Interstate exit, but about three miles after exiting. However, the property was so nice, we would stay there again.

The hotel is in excellent condition. Room was larger than most other Hampton Inns and the TV was a 50” instead of the usual 40”. There are two pools-one outdoor and one indoor. This hotel is attached to a larger Hilton Hotel that has outstanding restaurants, which was a pleasant surprise and convenient for us not having to drive to eat elsewhere.

Staff was friendly

Pool seemed dirty and elevator was broken. There were big groups of people that left trash everywhere. I think the staff had trouble keeping up. Maybe more trash cans. No vending on floors although there were signs saying there was.

Staff was friendly

Overall, it wasn't terrible but given the choice would probably pick another hotel

Didn't seem to have AC in the breakfast room itself...or if they did, it was broken at the time. The breakfast room was packed with people the entire time and very warm. Also, you have to wear bright orange wrist bands to use the pools and eat breakfast...it was just slightly inconvenient. There were towels and trash left all over by guests because they didn't want garbage cans to hinder the ascetics of the area (ironic). The room itself did not have a welcome book with amenities, times of pool opening and closings, breakfast hours and local restaurants that deliver (or a Ruth's Chris menu) which is something I always find helpful especially with kids and ordering in.

The breakfast was good! Had hot and cold options and fresh bagels, English muffins and danishes. Rooms were clean and tidy and bed was ok. Plenty of parking!

The place to stay !!

We enjoyed our stay, manager Jose was very courteous and helpful. breakfast was delicious and a variety of choices. Both pools were very cleaned and maintained, rooms were clean and comfy as well. I will be booking again!!

The beds were very comfortable, very clean bathroom, ...

Pool area needs some updating and would have liked a better view.

The beds were very comfortable, very clean bathroom, beautiful location, friendly staff.

Enjoyed everything and that adjoined Hilton

Even though we stayed 1 night and checked out, but went to Hilton adjoining hotel for Chiller convention, we changed our minds and wanted to check in again, hence, no accommodations left. Would have liked to have another suggestion or check Hilton to accommodate me. Went to Marriott across the street.

Love the hotel and food!

Please work on the 3 points I've mentioned, I will surely come to visit again !

1. As a diabetic person I need carry my insulin with me (which must be in cold temp. always), unfortunately there were no refrigerator in the room and the ice machine a the corridor was broken...… 2. The bed was a bit small for me and my wife to share, (and we're not "that big persons.."), the staff said that they have no bigger beds then the queen bed we were offered. 3. Think about adding some veg. / health food to the breakfast.

1. location is good. 2. Room and the surrounding were very clean. 3. Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Very niv

It's kinda out of the way and I'm a bus park area. But that is minor

The staff, especially Toni. Was great with my daughter. Honored my request for extra keys and such, since my husband and I would be separated a lot (he with our son doing college visits, me with the little one visiting family, et, and I brought my mother to babysit.

Thank you Hampton/Hilton in Parsippany, New Jersey

What I didn’t like is my stay was too short to :-)

The Hilton/Hampton hotel served as the perfect host for the chiller Theatre expo. To my surprise, the breakfast was Offered complementary and it was as good if not better than any breakfast buffet that would charge high dollars for. Thank you!

The impression that I was a valued guest was received in the warm welcome given by staff.

My lack of time to enjoy the offered facilities of fitness room and pool, and to check out the business center.

Quite comfortable. Variety of choices at breakfast was really nice. Coffee was delicious. Close to major highways but set in a campus-like area.

Last time i am afraid

Hotel lost power; that can always happen. But not having a generator able to provide a bit more power than the basic is not acceptabel. I mean, power outage happens frequently in NJ. That meant no food whatsoever, no water, nothing. And yet you charged me the full amount for everynight. And no compensation whatsoever. Thats terrible customer service.

Disappointing.

The pool was cold, the hot tub was lukewarm. Breakfast was adequate. There were stains on the bedspreads. The room was very dated. The shower curtain was torn. The drain in the tub did not function. Bagels and pastries were not stale, but very close.b

The staff was friendly.

I was somewhat happy ovetion of the hotel at 5 am... The fire department didfi

Only the room on the top 6 floor were equipped with refrigerator/ microwave... although I was lucky ... my room was in the 6st floor many of the quest were there for the chess tournament where by there were hundreds of children in the hotel including infants and toddlers... This is an annual event.. In addition, the pools weren’t clean ... there was never an attendee in the pool area... life guard or house keeping.. Overall I was ok until the evaluation of the hotel at 5am... the fire department didn’t react according it took forever for the Fire Marshall to arrive when he did he asked if there had been actual fire seen as a result he told admission to just debunk the alarm he never entered the building other then the lobby as my son and I stood there in our pjs only it was very cold out I became some what disheartened

House keeping was good

over all the staff was very friendly

the manager refuse to provide the accurate amount of vouchers for the breakfast. I had to ask several time. one of the waffle machine broke.

the lady that helped to keep the room clean was very friendly and helpful. again the staff was great and very helpful.

Ugh.

Advertised that the room would have a refrigerator. It did not. After inquiring, I was told there are none. There were issues with the A/C unit. It did not shut off! The tv remote didn’t work & one night the satellite went out. Too many issues at this property for me to return!

Breakfast was closed one morning because the staff didn’t prepare enough food. I was told to wait 20 minutes for more food to be put out & the doors to reopen. I didn’t have time to hang around!

One of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. I highly recommend it.

I really can't think of anything I didn't like.

The lobby was beautiful; loved the décor. The room was clean and comfortable. Jose (as well as the front desk staff Friday morning) went above and beyond to help us out with a couple of things not related to our stay in the hotel. All of the employees we encountered during the weekend always had a smile for us and were very friendly. If I come back to the area for any reason, I will definitely stay here.

It was somewhat ok

The room does not have a fridge, The noise from other rooms, the pool is located at the Hilton hotel which is a far walk from Hampton Inn. There wasn't enough items in the snack Bar area, the ice machine was on different floors.

Staff was very friendly

The room was VERY noisy.

The room was VERY noisy. There was excessive noise from the hall until after midnight, including a very loud argument. Also the speaker for the hall music was just outside our door and that was way too loud. The air conditioner controls in the room did not work. No refrigerator in the room and the ice machine in the hall did not work.

Wow! Can't beat it!

The room was very nicely decorated. Cleaned thoroughly and smelled good. Breakfast was great! Staff was friendly. And helpful. Would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in the area:).

Beautiful hotel that is well staffed and sparkling clean.

I really wish that I booked both of my rooms at the Hampton Inn. I only booked one there and the other next door at the Hilton. I think the breakfast buffet should have been opened until 11am on a Sunday.

It was very easy to book online at booking.com. When I arrived I was greeted by friendly and professional staff at the front desk. The receptionist made it easy and fast to check in. The Hotel room was clean and well lit. Great lighting in the bathroom for putting on makeup or putting in contacts. Comfortable bed and good sized room. The room was nicely furnished and decorated. The linens on the bed and in the bathroom were very high-quality. In the morning we had a Delicious breakfast with many options. Cleanliness everywhere. The interior decorating of the front desk area and breakfast area was very attractive And unique. I took several pictures of a wood sculpture that I loved.

Mediocre

I think all Hotel windows should open for ventilation. I understand that they can not open all the way for many safety reasons- but they should be set up to crack open. Also I was enticed by the outside pool, however apparently the filter had broken a few days earlier, and it was quickly fixed- however, the pool was loaded with gross scum and foggy. It was a total turn off and I felt so angry- b/c it was hot outside and I had looked forward to being in an outdoor pool. They should have just closed the pool down a lil longer til they finished shocking it and cleaning all scum out of the pool. It was a bad look for a Hilton Property. Extremely disappointed.

Room was very comfortable overall.

Hampton Inn Parsippany

Leaving

Everything from service to accommodations was excellent, Two night stay for R&R. Restaurant was expensive though, nevertheless, the food was exceptional. (WE HAD A GREAT TIME THERE. THANKS.)

Extremely busy with many busses arriving.

Extremely busy with many busses arriving. A little bit loud in the hallways and surrounding rooms. Breakfast was so busy I couldn't get in to eat. The tea water at breakfast was luke warm.

Got the job done.

The hotel seemed to be geared for very young professionals. Markings for other locations in the adjoining hotel (gym-pool, etc) were ambiguous, although somewhat intuitive. The staff seemed a little less interested in helping than they should have been. ( the exception was the young lady at our checkout.) Example: When we asked for directions to a restaurant or what traffic might be like on the turnpike, they seemed clueless. At least the one young lady mentioned asked her supervisor.

The room was comfortable. Slept well which is very important.

Will Stay Here whenever we are in the area.

Breakfast very nicely done. Our first night we had to complain of very noisy group in the next room but the staff was quick to quiet them. Room very attractive and spacious

Great hotel

The hotel shares an address with a Hilton. Signage is poor, and the address on the booking.com site was incorrect. That made initially finding the hotel, and subsequently the appropriate registration desk challenging, especially late at night when it was dark. Hotel staff, though, was wonderful, and the room itself was excellent, especially the bathroom lighting. Now that I know how to find it, I would definitely stay here again.

The hotel itself, and the room and staff were all excellent. I'd definitely stay here again.

Hampton stay inn

The fact that there was not a restaurant or pub on site to get food and it was too far away from accessing shopping and food

The staff and accomodation

Mom getaway
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very nice for the price. I just would have liked a little refrigerator in the room. Also, regarding the free breakfast, when it starts to get late and crowded when breakfast is almost over still supply enough food for everyone. Other than those two things my stay was excellent.

Nicely decorated, clean.

We had a handicapped room instead of a normal one, no bathtub. When I booked I chose the option to pay cash. Apparently they charged my credit card and when I wanted to pay cash, they said it had already been paid.

Nicely decorated, clean. Great bed

Stay was ok

The room was not ready for 5 people had to ask for a roll away bed which was requested during booking, when the bed was delivered It did not have any blankets just sheets. Only got 1 tiny shampoo and 1 tiny conditioner bottle for our crew of 5. Pluming was stopped up in the tub when you took a shower. Do not no if that was do to the construction going on or not. After about 5 trips to the desk the room was to what we needed it to be.

Bed was awesome nice and comfy super soft! Desk staff was nice, and polite!! One was there all night. Love the work dedication!! The pool was great!!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Nice price, clean rooms, friendly staff and a good breakfast.

The hotel was connected to a Hilton with shared pool and fitness facilities, it was difficult to navigate through all the hallways and find your way to where you were going. We had a great stay but maybe better signs would help.

The room was nice and clean, breakfast was delicious with plenty of choices!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Poor for the price

The room was dark and getting tatty. The breakfast was low average with disgusting coffee - I had to go to starbucks in the main Hilton to get a coffee I could drink

nice helpful staff

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Pretty relaxing

I dont know if people got confused with their room numbers but we had people knocking on our door at midnight looking to get in our room. And also it was freezing we couldn't change the thermostat. No mini fridge was a disappointment.

The bed was super comfortable we couldnt get up for breakfast lol

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Hard to find & under construction

There was no fridge in the room- or microwave. The ice machine was not working on our floor and then really early in the am they started working construction on the level in top of us. It woke us up...😔

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Premium stay near the interstate for a great price

Signage for the Hampton Inn portion of the joint Hilton/Hampton Inn building was difficult to find in the dark.

Excellent value for great accommodations within a pleasantly landscaped business campus near the interstate & on the way to NYC

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Lackluster services with super comfortable rooms

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn before, and there were just some things that could be improved. One evening, I came in the main lobby, and the garbage can was overflowing and there was garbage all around it. No one was cleaning it up either. The person at the main desk was just carrying on. I understand that it is not their job, but for the sake of cleanliness, just pick garbage up. This hotel is suppose to provide complimentary breakfast, well, we only took advantage of this once. The day after Thanksgiving, we get to the breakfast area, and find out, there was no food, and people had been waiting 45 minutes still waiting for food. I'm just suprised this had happened considering the time of year, so the amount of people should have been expected. We didn't end up waiting, and paid for breakfast somewhere else.

The bed was super comfortable, and loved the towels that were provided. The ladies of the cleaning service were super sweet.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Very clean spacious room inside a Very Noisey Hotel.

100+ girls loading into various buses outside the room, screaming at 10pm and waking everyone up. Hotel staff did nothing so I had to tell the bus drivers to stop idleing the buses, quiet the kids down and move somewhere else. An hour later the floor was filled with a different bunch of kids screaming and slamming doors, had to go out again and tell them to knock it off.

Nice room, very clean.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Nice but not nearly as nice as other Hampton Inns

The room didn't have a refrigerator, and this Hampton Inn wasn't nearly as nice as others I have stayed at in the past. The wall above the shower head leaked when the shower was used in the room above us. I let the front desk know and they apologized.

The room was ok. The pool was fun and breakfast had hot items and a lot of variety.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Fire alarm went off due to burnt toast.

Fire alarm went off due to burnt toast. Did not take off for inconvenience but added points to our acct. Little noisy on our floor due to small party. Great location. Would try again

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

OK' ish. Hotel.

Bed linen was not good - bottom sheet and duvet cover had holes in. Continual banging shut of bedroom doors by other guests morning and night. No fridge or safe.

Melissa on reception was excellent. She was very helpful with our booking, friendly and welcoming. Ample parking.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Not anymore thanks!

This time they gave a room at the ground floor right next to the parking slot...such a privacy!!!! On tuesday the housekeeping left my room's door open the whole day. The floor was smelling bad for my whole stay. The shower wasn't working properly. The room has not a light in the ceiling.......dark ! Least but not last, another guest entered in my room at 11 30 pm when I was sleeping.....or they gave him the wrong room or the keys are opening every room. At the check out I met a pretty rude woman, not smile at all neither asking how was my stay. Thanks Hampton, this was my last time! Bye bye

The hotel is getting worse. I've been there 4 times in the last 2 years. The only notable thing is that you can make your own waffles in the morning with maple syrup. The maple syrup it's a new entry because they used to have only fake maple syrup ( corn syrup).

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Overall great place for the money

If I had to find something to complain about shower in room was outdated and although tasty,breakfast wasn't hot

Lobby,breakfast area and pool was really nice!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

No refrigerator in rooms.

No refrigerator in rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Amazing customer service

Amazing customer service

The lady at the front desk was very nice.

Very outdated...

The lady at the front desk was very nice. Lobby is clean and welcoming

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Enjoyed staying there great facilities and staff tea coffee water on demand

Loved it all

Excellent staff comfy beds towels at pool clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

No micrwave and fridge in room and double charged,, wow,, great stay

NOT being double charged !! Was charged by you and the hotel ,, totally destroyed our trip

Beds were nice and breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Beds very comfortable and the staff in reception very...

Breakfast and weekend in hotel

Beds very comfortable and the staff in reception very helpful and friendly

It was beautiful and well organized

It was beautiful and well organized

Didn’t meet expectations of the amenities that was described on booking.com

Great NYC getaway

Ceiling in indoor pool area chipping and falling into the pool.

Everything is amazing just the issue above.

They don't have Refrigerator in the room.

They don't have Refrigerator in the room.

excellent

A few noisy guests

Friendly / helpful service a desk .

Perfect hotel for families, free breakfast indoor/outdoor pool

Everything was perfect.

Room is great, along with breakfast selections.

Room is great, along with breakfast selections....Employees are extremely friendly and helpful. This is my second time to stay there.

Very Nice

Desk attendant was extremely helpful.

Very quiet

Kind of difficult to find the hôtel No restaurant near

Very quiet

Extra hidden fees on my card that are not coming off my...

Extra hidden fees on my card that are not coming off my account.

I don’t remember the mans name but he was a manager Saturday...

I don’t remember the mans name but he was a manager Saturday around 5pm he was excellent very kind great worker

Great location for business.

More soundproofing on the doors.

Clean, great location. Very nice staff!!!

Awesome Stay

They share the pool and its a long walk from the Hampton

The staff were friendly and helpful

Breakfast could be a little hotter
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be a little hotter

Superb!

Can't think of a thing!

Extremely clean, comfortable, modern, friendly and professional staff, excellent breakfast included.

Stay was pleasant

Which the rooms had a fridge and microwave

The breakfast was good, the staff was accomdating and polite

If is possible to have different food for breakfast...i like that food.

good exoirence

all staff was very professional and helpful.

Really good