Reviews of Hampton Inn Philadelphia-Airport 3 stars

8600 Bartram Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA

#30 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

Very minor-no tissues provided in the tissue holder until day 3 of our stay. Maybe they were out. Also, not the fault of the hotel, but this area lacks the usual dining options normally found near hotels.

very clean, well maintained

Our flight came in very late, so this was a place to sleep until we could continue our trip in the morning. Comfortable clean room. Excellent shuttle bus both ways, very helpful drivers. Breakfast was varied and good. Everyone helpful.

Mattress was older pillows could have been a little nicer they also only had one girl working the desk and she did great but you could tell she needed help.

It’s clean location was ideal could use a little face lift remote control in the room didn’t work bed was older but it was perfect for a weekend away.

Customer relationship at front desk, over phone, the flush was not working, had to change the room, tv remote was not working in the 2nd room. AC knobs were broken, One of the front desk staff was not cordial. On the 2nd day never replaced the bath towel. Over all first time bad experience at Hampton inn. We have been mostly staying in Hampton inn at different locations.

Breakfast, location and parking

To expensive for the quality of the room. It was small and the walls thin. Had to turn up the TV to drown out the people talking next door. I could also hear the conversation of the people in the room on the other side through the vent in the shower. However, the music they were playing in the mornings kept me entertained while showering. The bathroom door was a sliding door, so there was crack along the side closest to the bed. It was difficult to maintain auditory privacy while "doing your business". I have stayed at other Hampton Inn's that had larger and more comfortable rooms for less price.

I am very picky when it comes to pillows. I always travel with my own unless I'm flying. This bed and pillows were very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised and able to get a good nights sleep each night. Staff was nice. Close proximity to airport. Conference room was comfortable. Free parking.

We were there on the day of the manager’s reception. The restaurant that was supposed to bring the food did not show. The staff did a remarkable job getting an alternate selection of food put out and were very gracious to guests throughout.

Wherefore your front desk were pleasant. Your auxicillory personnel were slovenly dressed. Had a rather entitled attitude. Played their phones more than helped.

Rooms were clean. Beds mostly comfy. Size of king room decent.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The cost I had to pay because of a mistake,No dresser drawer I had to live out of my suitcases for three days , tv not working, no help with internet connection , no cart to take clothes to your room that had a garment rod. TERRIBLE

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

Air in the rooms somewhat poor. Location far from restaurants and city.

Central air in the hotel . Shuttle to airport. Big bus tour shuttle from and to hotel. Staff eager to help, very friendly. April is a jewel!

Wish the internet had worked.

Disappointed that the internet was completely out for my entire stay. The front desk personnel kept promising it would work, but never did. Overall, it was a good hotel. The breakfast was really good.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

We could hear everything the people in other rooms were saying. There were people running up and down the halls at 3 am and the breakfast was mediocre. I have stayed at several Hampton Inns over the years. Maybe it’s just the location of this one.

The room was nice. Very clean.

See above.

I left my charger in the room when I checked out. When I realized that it was back in the room, I went back to the hotel, to retrieve it. The lady at the desk told me "there is no charger there." It was a small thing, and I know I was at fault for forgetting it, but someone took it. I was not impressed. Sorry.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The property just appeared to be very old and run down. The bed was not comfortable and the pillows were very cheap. We asked for extra towels and we got one face towel for two people that had hair on it. This Hampton Inn did not fit the bill of what were are accustomed to during our stay at other Hampton Inn's. I probably will not return to this particular Hampton Inn.

They served Turkey sausage at breakfast one of the days of our visit.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

Power was out due to the blizzard the night before so the tv and phone didn’t work. And i had only cold water my first night.

The bed was super comfortable!

The staffs in the front desk were always busy, when i was checking, there was nobody there(around 10:30pm), we waited almost 10 mins, a middle age gentleman came from a elevator, and then, no sorry, no words, just responded a frosty word :" last name?" and then asked one more question" when will you check out?" I responded March 3rd, he asked: what day? I spoke again:" March 3rd" , he answered " I ask you what day(frosty)", I told to him, I really don't know the exact day it was, may be Saturday or Sunday, he didn't respond me any more, after a while, gave us the keys. I stayed there for 3 days, the waffle maker didn't work well 3 days during the breakfast time, I had told to the staff there, but no change!

Free coffee and hot water in the lobby.

Whoever cleaned the room used do much cleaner. Initially I could not breathe, it almost felt like they were covering up an odor. It was really to much.

Customer service was good.

Could offer free laundry service for long stays

The breakfast was nice something different each day.Staff was really amazing .From the front desk to housekeeping

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The first night, I didn’t sleep too well and I’m not sure if it was because I couldn’t adjust to the bed. But by the second night I slept like a baby. There were a few stains on some of the towels and on the lamp shade. I found that to be gross.

I liked the room. The shower got nice and hot which was awesome. The bathroom was huge. Nightstands has USB ports. Super cool. Very friendly staff.

The dining room was cold from the draft from the front entrance doors to the hotel.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The airport shuttle operator was prompt and knowledgeable.

The rooms were not well insulated, by that I mean you could hear noise from neighboring rooms.

The room was very comfortable and well appointed. The breakfast was surprisingly varied. The staff was incredibly friendly and cheerful.

The bathroom had a cockroach. One of the elevator was not working, and the walls have scratches. They run out of many items at breakfast which was at 9:00 am. The hotel overall did not seem clean.

The hotel is not well soundproofed so you hear sounds from the adjoining bathroom and the hall. Below average for this. Bring ear plugs

This is a solid Hampton with above average staff and well designed rooms.

This hotel is utter chaos in the morning. The elevator was stuck, there were ppl EVERYWHERE. The fire alarm went off for like 15 minutes it was a cluster.

It was a nice hotel, clean did the job we just needed a place to sleep really.

The shuttle - which I couldn’t find when I arrived at the airport therefore forcing me to take a taxi. Although the shuttle was available for my early morning departure, having read reviews about it’s unreliability I was anxious it would not arrive. If this aspect of the hotel service could be sorted out ( e.g. giving a telephone contact number to clients so that they could arrange the shuttle directly) then this would vastly improve the stay.

The staff were extremely friendly and went ‘above and beyond ‘ to be helpful. My room was large and comfortable - especially the bed. The hotel’s proximity to the airport was excellent and the reason I chose to stay there.

We only stayed one night and didn’t have any issues.

Staff was friendly and very helpful. Room was clean and breakfast was enjoyed. Would definitely stay here again.

long time waiting for shuttle bus. TV without European channels.

fast wifi, coffee and tea available at lobby. Friendly staff, tasteful breakfast. Easy access to town by train.

The only dings I can give were for the lobby coffee and the overwhelming perfume smell in the bathroom that probably had nothing to do with the hotel.

I liked the free parking, the convenience to the city and the Hampton Inn consistency.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The ONLY issue was that we could not figure out how to turn the bathroom fan on; I believe there was one in the tub area (I saw a vent). I couldn't figure out if that was an overhead light in the bathroom, as well. That being said, the lights over the sink area were more than adequate!

Staff was outstanding, from the front desk to housekeeping- so welcoming, friendly, and accommodating! Parking was a breeze, room was very nice, location was convenient for us. Breakfast area nice & bright, breakfast offerings were good.

Room was not ready: coffee maker but no cups. Room was not cleaned on the second day. Lobby was nice but everything else looked a bit shabby.

Friendly receptionist

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

For the Continental Breakfast, please consider including omelets made from "veggies" and "chicken/turkey incorporating few veggies" for travelers who do not eat pork (such as ham, bacon).

Excellent and satisfying hotel accommodations exceeded our expectations based on amount spent on room, the room layout and assortment of items to welcome guest, the customer service, and great flavor and freshness of options served at the Continental Breakfast. The ease as well as thought and details considered to ensure all travelers could make "perfect" waffles on the first attempt was outstanding. Using Booking.com made coordinating hotel arrangements an easy and stress-free task. Thank you for an excellent experience; my friend and I enjoyed our stay and will return to Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport for future travels.

The airport shuttle at midnight arrival was nowhere to be seen. We had to call and it still took a while for it to appear. And the hotel is so close, no excuse really.

Breakfast OK, totally acceptable. Front desk staff is excellent, super eager and polite, thank you. This facility wins my #1 hotel in the world (so far) for most AC outlets and USB charger ports. I mean it's AMAZING. There is no lack of ports bedside and deskside and everywhere to charge all of your stuff, which I have alot for my company demo's. King size bed very comfy. Bathroom clean and nice supplies.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The first room had an awful smell of urine. The second room smelled better but was an adjoining room which I stated I did not want. The ac/heater blower had dust hanging and blowing out of it. I had to take a rag and clean it as best I could. The juice came out of a soda machine and was spoiled so they closed it down. It was not worth the price and I will not stay here every again.

The waffles and coffee was good.

TV went out when it started to rain, they use Direct TV. Towels were old, cheap, thin and sandpaper like. Air Conditoner in the room is too close to the desk so that you can not work without the AC blowing right onto to you. Unit vents not adjustable truly moronic set up. At 3am i went into the lobby for a snack, forget it, wrong. This place didnt even have one bottle of anything or one cookie for sale. Lady at the desk said tjey sold out. Right. Didnt even bother with breakfast place has a overall "dirty" feel to it. At 218.00 all in they should be ashamed of themselves GO ELSEWHERE.

Our visit was short and honestly I have nothing negative to say at all. From start to finish we had a great experience.

The lovely woman at the front desk, April, made us feel very welcome upon arrival! She was super friendly and extremely helpful with answering my questions about transportation to the concert being held in the city!

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

the breakfast runs out quickly and the food isn't that great. The waffle maker is the saving grace but there is just one and it's rather slow.

The room is modern and clean.

There was a big leak in the lobby and a lot of water was pouring down.

The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was attentive and friendly.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The woman with the black hair to her shoulders was the only rude member of staff. She needs to take heed from other members of staff and be retrained in customer service.

Monique, April and Charles were awesome. Brilliant customer service, credit to the company.

My room wasn't clean up properly bearly touched

Front staff was the best the show kindness specifically (Kay) abbreviated she has help me for a second time and remember my name a year ago. Thanks to her personally for making my family comfortable.

A family of four with kids in their twenties and everybody was sarisfied. We enjoy the breakfast, it was good and healthy with fresh fruits and plenty of other choices. Our receptionist , Carmen, was very competent and friendly. For us, the location was not ideal because our interest was downtown but it disn't matter much because we only stayed one night. The ride downtown is about 17 minutes. At the hotel the parking was free, but downtown it is quite expensive . Overall we really enjoyed our stay!

Toilet bowel could be deeper/redesigned.

Breakfast good, bed good size and very comfortable. Room temperature excellent, very clean room. Have stayed at other hotels when visiting Philadelphia, this one is the best, yet!

The room wasn't really cleaned well. Also, the breakfast menu items were not restocked in a timely fashion.

The 24 hour coffee was a plus and the front desk staff was great.

The free wifi was weak and I couldn't connect in my room, so I had to use the business center.

Great pillows, location to airport and downtown; staff was the friendliest I've ever encountered.

The price was a little steep for four night stay.

There was nothing I didn't like about the property. It's in Southwest Philly close to everything you need.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was a bit loud but it did drown out the neighbors and it worked good!

Everything was wonderful. The bathroom was huge! Very clean. Comfy sleep. Excellent transportation to the airport - right on time. Highly recommend!

Pillows were flat,bed was lumpy, fruit flies around coffee and dining area. We asked for a quiet room they put us on a floor with many families with kids...very noisy. Pool wasnt clean and is very small.

Coffee was great! Room was clean and big. There was a microwave in room...good plus. Staff was nice.

Sometimes there is not enough parking at night and breakfast should be extended till 10:30...also the breakfast crew were very hesitant to put my food out a half hour before breakfast was scheduled to be over :(

I most always choose Hampton Inn because of their beds ... when I travel I look to have a good nights rest. The staff since I've been coming to this location has always been friendly and helpful and I really enjoy the 24 hour coffee that is available:)

I usually is Hampton Inn fans, I booked some different Hampton Inn these years for vacations, the breakfast usually pretty good but except this time. The first morning when we went down to the area for having breakfast, there are no many choice, the second day morning is getting better. So I don't know why they won't keep it stable on everyday.

I like the location, it's not too far to Philadelphia down town, and feels won't too crowded.

House keeping came and knocked on our door around 10 am, we were just waking up, and they came in and opened the door while we were still in bed. Wasn't too crazy about that. And one of the elevators were busted. So it made a lot of traffic on one elevator

It was a comfortable stay! Staff was great. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Toilet tank valv leaks every 15 min all day long. I had to request a room change. Couple of days my room was not cleaned. Breakfast was so so, relying mostly on premanufacturd food.

Conveniently located to airport-- shuttle was on time and driver very pleasant- room was clean and a good size -- would have been nice to have written directions to find ice machine-- also would have loved a frig

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View - Non-Smoking

Location is around the airport, so not much to do, but that can't really be helped.

Staff was very friendly and helpful! Breakfast was tasty and plentiful! Commuter rail to downtown very nearby!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Room facility for clothes storage poor (Observation rather than complaint)

Staff were outstanding. Facilities at reception and business room were excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

I phoned the desk downstairs many times. No-one answered. I think the hotel was a little pricey.

The bed was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Lack of close restaurants--only one. Breakfast area crowded--tables very close.

Ease of getting on and off I-95. Reasonably close to city center. Pleasant room.

Extremely noisy people next to me. They were in Room 426 and perhaps another room too. Continually slamming the door 10:30 am - 2:30 am. I did tell the front desk at about 1 am. It stopped then I woke up again with more front door slamming at 2:30 pm. Perhaps you should monitor the corridors to look out for the selfish idiots. The reason for the airport hotel was to get a good night sleep before the Sunday flight!

Breakfast buffet offered a number of tasty offerings. May want to rethink self serve waffle making as line was long and clogged up rest of line.

Friendliest and most helpful desk staff you will ever find. Alysha, James , and Carmen make people feel at home. Also, housekeeping and breakfast staff could not be nicer. Kudos to the management!

Very noisy, sounded like walls were made of paper ! Heard everything in adjacent rooms and hallway! Had early flight,wasn't able to sleep because of the noise 😖😖😖

Close to the airport

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

One restaurant only, but next door, to dine in the evening.

Very good location, close to airport, to highway, to the train to city. Large room, comfy bed, with a small gym. WiFi worked well.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We had to leave for a flight before 6AM and were not able to have breakfast Would have preferred a king bed or 2 twin beds instead of a queen

Accessible room had alot of space to move around

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The room and air vents were a bit dusty. And my day of checkout, the woman at the front desk seemed to be having a bad day. I just laid my keys on the counter and exited the hotel.

I was warmly greeted and welcomed as I approached the front desk. I've stayed at Hampton Inns in other states and I have yet to be disappointed. Nice lobby and free Wi-Fi. Excellent location and very nice selections for the free breakfast. The rooms are nicely appointed and geared toward travelers making a quick stop. I will definitely re-visit this location.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

The location of the toilet paper roll was very inconvenient and the toilet seat was loose.

The bed was super comfortable. The staff was so friendly. Very convenient to the train into the city.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I liked everything. There was nothing I did not like. Staying there made my trip to the airport so much less stressful. I think I will stay there every time I fly somewhere.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

When we asked for more toilet paper for the room, the desk clerk told us she had to go get it for us. We had to wait until she was not busy. She went with us to our floor and retrieved the toilet paper from a locked cabinet. This policy is a ridiculous waste of time for everyone. Suggestions: Keep toilet paper at the front desk in a supply closet and give it to lodgers on request. Or call housekeeping staff and have them bring toilet paper to the room.

Bed was excellent. Hotel staff were very courteous, friendly, and helpful. It was easy to adjust temperature in the room. Parking was easy. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Twice i was given keys 2 rooms with people still in there i.e. not checked out...extremely embarassing situation..

One particular staff was very courteous

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Very poor staff service. The front office person tells me that they don't have any rooms even though i have a reservation. It is 11pm at night and I have a 3 yr old with me. And they tell me that they are doing me a favor by trying to accommodate me. I haven't had a single hotel tell me this till date and I have travelled quite a bit across the world. The 8.5 score that booking.com gives is bogus. I read a few older reviews and saw that there are quite a few reviews about bad staff. These people treat booking.com customers like second class citizens. Overall very poor place. I would rather pay more and go to a better place. I am done with Hampton Inn.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner hard to control

Plenty of parking, good coffee and fruited ice water always available, well stocked buffet breakfast with many hot and cold items Recently renovated spacious room with nice furnishings and lots of outlets - close to public transportation and airport Only 15 minute ($14) Uber ride to city center and Penn

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Minor inconvenience, the citrus filled water ran empty for too long. Which is nice to have, I did appreciate that!

The bed was most comfortable. Great staff, very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Sliding bathroom door was heavy/broken? My elderly mom was stuck in there for over an hour! Should have been compensated for that.

Staff was very helpful at check-in and moved quickly to remedy our problem.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We had to get up at 5am for the shuttle to the airport. It would have been nice to have some muffins, hard boiled eggs and fruit set out for very early risers. There were quite a few of us, and we all were too early for the breakfast.

Nice new, white bedding with duvet that gets washed after each patron as it also serves as the top sheet. Recently renovated.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Room was not ready when we arrived.

Easy access to airport for returning our rental car. They also have an airport shuttle. Coffee was good, breakfast was okay. The manager compensated us for the room not being ready by reducing our room cost by 1/3.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived at the hotel after 3:00 pm and had to wait until after 7:00 pm for our room. Unfortunately there were some issues with staff and the rooms were not cleaned withing a reasonable amount of time

The room was nice and the location was acceptable since we only stayed one night

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

open the breakfast an hour earlier. I feel the cost of the room was too high. It cost more for the room than my flight, all the way to Vegas.

The staff was very helpful & friendly,especialy April. They helped me upon check in to check out. My room was clean & neat.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The hotel was pretty crowded due to the MIA festival and the staff refused to refill the waffle mix because breakfast ends at 10AM. This was super annoying because some of us had been waiting in line for half an hour for our turn to make waffles...there is also only one waffle maker which doesn't help. We also had asked to check in at 1:00 but we didn't get a room until 4:00; we killed time at Ruby Tuesday's but it was super unacceptable to be waiting that long for a room; they only had one check-in person on staff and she seemed very overwhelmed with the amount of people. There isn't much around the area in terms of food and the nearest target is about 20mins away. We ended up grabbing food from Wawas each night after the concert, which wasn't bad but I know some people cringe at the thought of gas-station food.

The room and the bathroom are very clean and updated. The walls aren't too thin so you can't hear everything going on in the room next door. The free-breakfast was decent, not just yogurt and muffins. There was cereal, bagels, eggs, waffles, sausage. Pretty good for being inclusive of the room price. The "city view" room is nice and the view is pretty good. The staff is nice enough.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

When we arrived we found the door was open and ? Then, Bathroom does not have any towel? front desk was called but no answer three time we call the front desk. finally I walked downstairs and talked to front desk, a person showed up after 15min with two only towel for room reserved for two queen beds. not until over an hour before someone came put only three towels and two scrub towel ? and coffee cups was not in the room. In the second night there was noise in the bath room like dripping water or in the fan clicking all night long. Room does not have closet only hanger in the wall behind a Curtin.. The bathroom door was very heavy sliding door which does not make sense if you have little children or even for myself to open easy. Over all I would rate this experience 2/5 stars.

TV was clear. clean hall way.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

We arrived well after the 3:00 check in time and were told our room was not ready. After waiting 45 minutes, we left our bags to check in later. When we returned after dinner, a room was still not ready, for which we waited another 20 minutes. No compensation for our trouble was offered. Completely unacceptable.