Reviews of Hampton Inn Philadelphia/King of Prussia - Valley Forge 3 stars

530 West Dekalb Pike (Route 202), King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA

#12 of 14 hotels in King of Prussia

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non- Smoking

Room was dirty. Breakfast wasn't good. Not a great selection. Egg sandwiches overcooked. It has been awhile since we stayed at a Hampton and we now remember why.

The location was right along the highway and it was loud . The barn door that closes to our bathroom has coffee spilled along either side of the door as if someone was holding a coffee when they were opening & closing the door and it spilled , the bathroom floor didn’t look as if it was cleaned . The carpeted floor had all these clear clothing tags as if someone had new clothes on before us and threw those tags all over the floor - so clearly the floor wasn’t vacuumed . I called the front desk for more linens and towels and I showed her - she was so disappointed at the cleanliness of the room and wanted to compensate us for the room but going through Booking.com not sure how that will happen ? Quite disappointed

The staff was very hospitable

No on-site laundry facility. You are able to pay for them to provide laundry service but if you are not comfortable with that..head to the laundromat. A lot of road noise that could not be filtered out on the odd numbered rooms side of the building.

Phenomenal breakfast and the staff was incredibly friendly. Fresh baked cookies and great coffee in the lobby after a long work day really made this place special. Comfortable bed, clean room. Would recommend to anyone.

The room was not clean enough for sleeping. I barely slept. I will never stay in a hotel with an upholstered headboard. The bedding was not laundered well enough. The breakfast had no fresh fruit or tasty proteins as most hotels have. And no laundry or pool or exercise room or spa! Not a single amenity! I have never had a bad Hampton Inn experience before so I did not check it well enough before booking. Never again!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

RE: HAMPTON HOTEL – KING OF PRUSSIA 4/27/18 – 4/30/18 We have been loyal to the Hilton Family of hotels for many years. This relationship may be ending This recent stay was the worst Hampton Hotel experience of our life. Upon checking-in on Friday (4/27/18), the coffee was luke-warm and there were no cups. The room (220) floor had not been cleaned or carpet vacuumed. Debris on floor and carpet. On Saturday, the trash was never emptied and the room not cleaned or vacuumed. There were no clean towels/bath mat. Breakfast was terrible – no meat or potatoes – no fruit. Just eggs and biscuits with sausage gravy - ran out of biscuits at 8:10 AM! Dinning area trash not emptied. The bathtub was not cleaned. On Sunday, the coffee was too weak to drink, even the “robust” brew. A housekeeping staff member entered our room with her passkey, without knocking, and startled my wife. The Housekeeping Manager, Terri, volunteered and cleaned the room herself, late Sunday afternoon, and agreed to refund one-night stay. T Apologies were continuous; however, service never really improved. Weekend was a complete disaster at this hotel.

Fitness room was pretty small and it got a bit funky with more than one person working out. Bathroom was not as clean as it could have been. The highway noise might bother some people -- if so, you will want to request a room towards the front, not towards the back of the hotel.

The breakfast was good -- better than most. The eggs *were* fluffy. Convenient location close to Philly, but if you are there as a tourist, you might want to be closer to downtown. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

My husband and I was a waking bye the concierge at 5:30 a.m. because the police had to come and get it Patriot that was residing next door to me and I think that we should get a complimentary stay just because for the disturbance

Besides getting awakened at 5:30 in the morning by the police because it had to arrest someone I had a nice time

The elevators looked very dirty - from the floors to the walls. The heater in our room ticked constantly through the night.

The hotel was comfortable. The room and bed was nice. Everything was clean.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

The rooms are very comfortable and clean!! The staff is very nice. Had a Great breakfast, I enjoyed my stay and I like how its so close to the court in the king of prussia mall. :)

The hotel charged my card in advance of my check in. The other party with me was to pay and did so. The return of money to my account should occur soon but this should not have happened. This should be stipulated by the hotel.This has never happened with a Booking.com facility before and not with Hamptons I have stayed in before this one.

It was a convenient location.Staff were friendly.

I wish I had asked for a room on the south side of the building. Mine was next to the PA Tur5npike and often very noisy.

Location was perfect for my travel visit. Room was well appointed and very roomy and comfortable. The continental breakfast provided a nice selection each morning and the breakfast staff was very helpful and friendly.

Climate of the hotel,always cold the rug was peeling off the floor in my room, it was always cold in my room, certain staff need communication training.

The parking lot

• King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

I made my reservation on line. When I arrived, the hotel was closed due to a loss of power. The front desk attendant said they had lost power 24 hours earlier, but the web site continued to accept reservations... I was not called, texted, or e-mailed about the closure of the hotel. All other hotels in the area were fully booked. I should have been notified and given help to find another reservation. Disappointing!!!

I didn't like the fact that the normal deposit amount of 50$ was increased to 200$ because it was a holiday. I was told if I didn't pay the deposit then I had to find accommodations elsewhere.However,my reservations were made a month in advance and the charge for my stay was already charged to my card.

Breakfast was great!

• King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Area is very congestive traffic-wise.Very satisfied

Very convenient to restaurants & shopping. We meet friends every Christmas time every year. It is a perfect area for our get together.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non- Smoking

Not enough towels, only for 2 people and we booked with 4. Had to ask for more. Room was hot at 68, but ac kicked on if temp was adjusted

Staff was friendly and attentive.

It is definitely designed for having a car, not walking. That won't apply to most travelers, but I like to walk and it's not exactly designed for that.

Convenient, but difficult to walk to other hotels in the area.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non- Smoking

It seemed that the facility was understaffed in the AM for breakfast. All the tables were dirty. Food was empty with 1.5 hours before the end of breakfast. The coffee was empty. So was the hot water. I went back to the room and checked out and the hot water was still empty. People were standing around with empty plates waiting on food. People were standing around with empty waiting with empty cups.

Place was under renovation. So some work was being done. Not a big deal

I have no complaints. It was close to Valleyforge Casino. No suprises, breakfast was pretty good.

Construction all over hotel, strong paint smells were bothersome. The barn-style sliding door was irritating, not something I like/would put in a 1 room hotel. Great for a home, not for a hotel room.

Very comfy, classy stylish room.

Upon arrival we were told they sold out of king beds even though I had booked a king bed weeks before. Furthermore the room we received was the closest to the entrance to the building so we could hear people at all hours. The cleaners also never refilled the toilet paper so at 11 pm I had to get some myself.

The location to where our business took place.

Nothing I didn't like. Will stay there again.

The location was great, friendly staff and nice set up for the room. The mall and a Wawa were right down the road with a gas station right next door.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The entire staff with the exception of Diamond was grumpy. From the front desk to the breakfast help, no one was in a good mood. I blame the manager for not having friendly personnel. We had no soap , shampoo etc. all pillows were the same and I have neck issues, would have liked a choice. A basketball team was put on our hall and was very noisy all night.

The elevator was kinda slow.

Beds were very comfortable! The pillows were nice and comfortable. I'm very picky about that and these were nice. Great fridge and microwave, it made it easy to eat and bring in healthy food. Great breakfast in the morning too: Waffles, eggs, bacon and more....

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was terrible, left over slice of pizza in fridge, used soap in shower, open bottle of mouth wash on counter, no towels in bathroom, no new soap

good breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Need more attention to detail e.g. dirty elevator, paintstains on bathroom floor from renovation, breakfast area dirty - no systematic work process to handle peak volume (henhouse syndrome), coffee lukewarm.... detail!!!

Newly freshly renovated rooms

My room did not receive service on two different days. I complained to the management when I returned each night and was offered clean towels and extra soap but not answer why I had not received service. My from faced the PA Turnpike and it was noisy.

Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern and accessible.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

There was only one elevator in operation and this made it time consuming to get up and down from the 7th floor. The manager said that the second elevator would be put back into service as soon as the renovations were complete which would hopefully be this week.

We stayed in a newly renovated room which was lovely - modern decor and a very comfortable bed. I especially liked the blackout shade on the window instead of a black out curtain. The breakfast buffet was very good with a wide variety of choices.

Under a bit of construction but that you can't help. Nothing in the way of enjoying ourselves.

Staff very friendly, room clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing juice, coffee, tea,hot chocolate, bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, yum!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

With the renovation happening in hotel, the staff didn't notify us and put us in a floor directly one floor below a renovation site. The noise destroyed our rest starting 9am. The front desk refused to move the renovation to another room first.

the location is close to King of Prussia Mall, which is a bonus and primary reason why we booked it when Crowne was full that night. It's clean and has hydration+coffee site

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked to know they were under construction before getting there. I could not get hot water and thus had a cold shower-not good. Also breakfast was not up to what I expect from a Hampton Inn.

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Facility was dirty, elevator was dirty and looked broken down, no hot water in the morning, eggs were terrible, breakfast could have been much better.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was construction on the hotel so on Saturday, we were woken up at 7:30 am with pounding noises outside our room. We left and stayed somewhere else for the rest of our trip

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Noise being close to major highway. Construction going on. Room booked not room gotten - but desk clerk was very accommodating and put us in a correct type of room.

staff was very friendly and courteous

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a room with a King size bed online, the bed in our room was a Full size... we are both over 6ft tall and was very unhappy with this! When I asked about the mistake I was told booking.com just shows you available rooms and NOT accurately! Of course they had no other rooms available for us to move to. The receptionist said "sorry," as if she had said it a million times already and expected a complaint... didn't seem like she cared one bit and hung up the phone. The shower head was broken and had a folded up brochure holding it in place, which didn't work very well! The room smelled like old man Cologne... I'm glad I brought my air freshener. I will never go back to Hampton Inn and I will never use booking.com again! The only reason they aren't getting a 0 rating from me is because it is in a good location.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Location was a little difficult to find, but that could have been my GPS.

The hotel staff was helpful, courteous, and professional. The rooms were very clean and there was a good selection at breakfast. We were greeted warmly and offered water and snacks immediately upon checking in.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked 3 rooms but wanted to pay for rooms on 3 different accounts (3 different people). This was not accommodated as I was assured it would be. The check in was a little confusing because I booked through booking.com. Also my name for check in was screwed up.

Room was comfortable and breakfast was fine.

Noise construction although we were awake during the work time.the long walk to the elevator a family member has health issues.made request during registration.

The breakfast being able to sleep peacefully cleanliness

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Breakfast foods could have been better, waited 30 mins for eggs one day and never got any. Like most hotels at this price, the facility is in need of some fix up but nothing major. Had to go to 4 ice machines to find a working on (floors 5-7 broken, 4th was the charm).

Room was good, staff was great (checked in at midnight and the clerk was very friendly)

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Vestibule, lobby and hallways were not air conditioned and it was extremely humid and hot outside. Rooms are outdated and not up to par with what we usually encounter with Hampton Inns.

Housekeeping staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Very slow Internet, didn't like Breakfast, room not clean from one of four nights, location 8 miles from expo cost $30 one way trip to Oaks Expo.

Room size and comfort is excellent

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Up above.

The Ac leaked my room was soaked. Toilet didn't work great,ice machine didn't work,tub didn't work a mess. During the DNC no other rooms. Not sure if I will be using your company again.The manager Nancy was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The elevators were super slow. The staff was overwhelmed. I got bitten by bugs overnight in bed.

The beds were comfortable. The wifi was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A very minor issue: housekeeper skimped on making the bed. Bigger issue: Left only one regular coffee in room on the second day (I never drink decaf).

The mattresses were very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. Desk staff very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower was a little outdated and you could not adjust the position of the shower head. The Wifi did not work.

The complimentary breakfast had a large selection of hot and cold items. The check in and check out process was very easy

The breakfast was terrible, and the interstate noise was ridiculous. Plus the AC did not work.

Is on a one way highway

The bed was great

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows went flat. Breakfast could have been extended a little longer.

The shower was very nice.

Noisy on the lower level

staff was Great!!!

lower price

friendly staff

Quiet and secluded

I could get the noise from the road, I’m a light sleeper so that was not good

The staff was friendly and accommodating, made me feel welcome.

The breakfast was terrible, eggs dry. Very cramped space where breakfast was set up.

Clean an modern looking. Rooms were comfortable

The price

Friendly and clean

Close to highway, Very noisy.

I was pleased to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Breakfast was delicious and the women making it were exceptional.

Noise due to traffic

Traffic was so loud. Kept me up most of the night. Staff was friendly.

Larger tv screen, better quality scrambled eggs

comfy beds

Needs a remodel! Toilet over flowed twice, carpeting was old and dirty. Bedding stained..... Staff were super nice!!

Staff were super nice!!

Noisy traffic could be heard outside window.

Staff was nice and helpful. Bed was comfortable.

The place was dirty and the staff didn't seem to know how to do anything

No power

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet was plentiful. Bed very comfy. Staff very friendly at checkin and checkout

runny eggs

comfy bed, clean rooms, modern looking room

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was not much room to get in/out of shower.

The choices for breakfast

The staff was very friendly and welcoming during our entire stay.

Dirty

Noisy guests WiFi access

I think that you should have vending machines in the hotel

Food was good

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed a little too firm for my liking. Toilet didn't flush well

Breakfasts options were fine. Coffee good.

Found 8" long hairs on & near bed, hairs on bathroom wall

Bagels w/egg & cheese were great

The eggs

The location and the staff was very helpful and friendly very professional

Breakfast excellent

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The ignorance of the staff baffled me and my party