Reviews of Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave 3 stars

5152 West Latham Street, Estrella, Phoenix, AZ 85043, USA

#88 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk was not knowledgeable and decided she wanted to talk on the phone instead of helping me.

I liked the breakfast and the rooms. They were clean and comfortable.

Lack of laundry detergent and coins to use laundry machines. Restroom was very dirty behind the door and a/c didn't work very well, door was difficult to lock, pool area was very dirty throughout our stay, and hotel just felt dirty in general.

Breakfast had a good option.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The teller at the front when we checked in had excellent customer service!!!! Will def. return. Thank you. She deserves an award for her help/manners/customer service.

2 of the three ice machines were down, 1 of 2 elevators were down and every time I approached the front desk there was a line.

Comfortable and clean and very friendly, helpful staff!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was cold from sitting too long and was not fresh. Beds were hard and not plush. Pillows were flat and stained with musky smells.

The staff was friendly at check-in

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They are renovating .. that's ok but we had no hot water in our shower plus tv didn't work for first few days... a few other people had same problem.. quite bad for the monies we paid

The property was renovating- no big deal, however the one outside door was not locked from the back lot- I assume due to workers ease. The hot tub was not working. There was no room service for 2 days- supposedly for staff to be with family over the holidays. We have been at many hotels over the Christmas holidays and had room service. There was a layer of dust on the blow dryer in the bathroom.

Location was good

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

To start with, the side door entry to the hotel was broken so luggage has to be taken through the foyer. The hallway on the way to our room was worn and tired. Walls were scuffed and damaged demonstrating years of use. The hallway smelt musty, similar to a pungent wet carpet smell. To our surprise, our ground floor room was not to bad. It seemed clean and tidy, sufficient for a two night stay. The room was of average size , albeit the bathroom being a little dated. The pool area had seen better days as it showed signs of age. The pool surrounds were full of renovation equipment as the hotel is undergoing some I well deserved improvements. The breakfast was average and inline with other comfort inn breakfast services. For the unfamiliar, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, toast, juice/tea/coffee. Not sure I would stay here again as there may be other accomodation at the same vintage that has already been upgraded at a similar price point.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I had reserved a King Suite but like half of the hotel is under construction/renovation so they switched me to a 2 queen room without notifying. Not a huge deal because it actually worked out better for me but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. Another thing they didn't notify us about is that they shut off the water around 10pm and don't turn it back on until 4am or so every day. There was no sign up at the front desk or front door and they didn't even say anything when I checked in only reason I found out was because there was a line of people who were complaining that their water wasn't working.

The room seemed pretty well kept. There wasn't anything broken or dirty or gross.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed during our entire 3 night stay. First day was locked and second two days they said they needed the guy to do the chemicals to come by. That was a big let down as we wanted to swim at least one day in Phoenix.

Property priced well. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds mini fridge and microwave in room. Breakfast is really good and lots to choose from! Good heater / AC in room! Lots of parking !

The remote wouldn't work and we were stuck with only one channel to watch on tv. The Jacuzzi wasn't working at all.

The rooms were renovated and clean.

Great rooms- had nice refrigerator to put your own personal drinks, had microwave in case you need to heat something up, comfortable beds and pillows, has a great breakfast : ) - Staff was very kind and exceptional from front desk to maid service.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Anticipated hot tub wasn’ t hot. Repair man got heater to ignite, but it didn’t stay on. Eggs rubbery (got to breakfast late). Desk said lobby popcorn would be replenished, but it wasn’t. Hotel a bit difficult to get in & out of due to being on a major thoroughfare.

room was comfortable

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't properly prepped for the guest, i.e., night stand clock was unplugged, night stand, phone was unplugged, but most importantly, the mini fridge was warm because it was not plugged into an a/c outlet and working. As a guest, I had to get on my hands and knees to plug in these appliances. The mini fridge should've been working and ready to have guests place cold items in it to store for the night. It took all night for the fridge to reach cold status & by morning it finally did. That didn't do us any good as we lost some perishable items that we needed to keep refrigerated but couldn't. The offered to move us to another room, however, we had already unpacked & weren't about to repack and move our belongings to another room that might be under the same conditions. When my wife talked to the manager, Tommy DeWitt-Kline, the day after our trip, he was not receptive & didn't want to acknowledge the shortcomings of the room preparation. Bottom line, the Comfort Inn on Latham Dr. in Phoenix, AZ, was anything but comfort. Won't be staying at a Comfort Inn again and would not recommend it to anyone.

The breakfast was good. The bed was fine.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom sink barely drained, shower/bathtub valve was frozen so only shower worked, stairwell at front of building smelled and carpet was very stained and stretched. Did not expect a third rate building from Comfort Inn.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

The lady at the front desk seemed irritated to be at work and although she did her job in checking me into my room, her attitude just seemed as if I was a bother.

The bed was big and cozy, enough to fit 2 people very comfortably and the pillows were extra soft!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Night desk manager refused a paid night's stay. Was rude and didn't try to find the information. Then they tried to mark it as a no show.

They had plenty if protein and the waffle irons worked well.

Ice maker was broke during our whole visit. Kept losing electrical power. Internet was on and off. Breakfast was mediocre due to power outages.

The price for accommodations was decent.

No breakfast after 10 am I did two different reservation trough booking but when we were check inn just one room was available under our two confirmations from you We were lucky because there was available 1 room at higher price. Even and we received both confirmation at the booking time I made reservation under my name to be used by manuel who is my brother in law

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Been at that property before when it was run by another hotel co. & since then the place looks a bit run down. Hallway carpets are worn & dirty looking

Comfortable beds

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Asked for Handicaped room when I booked.. They gave it away..When I would call the hotel to check on my Mom no one would answer the hotel phones until several tries and over 20 rings the elevators and hallways were hot no air , but u get what u pay for

Air worked

The smell when we walked into our room was intoxicating. It was as if someone came in and sprayed a massive amount of disgusting cologne in the room to hide whatever stench was lurking in the room. There was mildew/mold stains in the hallways above the room doors where the wallpaper was peeling off. There was also mold around the sink basin where the seal had worn off. When pulling back the sheets to our bed, there were several hairs on the sheets. The carpet was old and dingy and tile in the bathroom was stained. I didn't walk on either barefoot. The wall that the shower rod was screwed into was cracked extensively, which obviously led to relocating the rod to another area (the multiple holes were a clue). I can't tell you about the breakfast because as soon as we woke up, we washed off the funk and left quickly! Disgusting hotel!

There was hot water in the morning.

At breakfast, the eggs were mediocre, orange juice extremely watery. Wifi service slow at times. Handrail in bathtub was broken and dangerous, also bathtub had slippery surface and no safety coating or non slip mat. Hair dryer needs to be replaced, the wiring in it started emitting burning and smoke after a few minutes of use.

Beds very comfortable. Biscuits at breakfast were good, but no butter was found, just margarine spread. Overall comfortable room, and clean hotel. Fast friendly check-in. Air conditioning worked well in the Phoenix heat.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Upon check in front desk couldn't find my reservation through booking.com. Do instead of a single king room I was given a double queen room because that's all that was left.

Nothing - we enjoyed our brief stay close to the interstate.

A nice motel with spacious rooms, and an excellent breakfast. We used the hotel as a stopover on our trip to Sedona/Flagstaff. Friendly staff, free tea/coffee, newspaper – all you need.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Fix the above mention stuff.

I normally stay at comfort inn throughout the state's and it was by far the worse stay. Coffee was horrible. The eggs were worse. The sausage had bad after taste. The bathroom was unclean and walls were plastered with a big crack. The shower head didn't work properly. When we asked housekeeping for fresh towels they never came. The desk personnel weren't rude but certainly didn't seem friendly nor did they seem to make me feel welcome. I asked for a first floor room when I made the reservation due to an injury my wife had and when I arrived i was advised there were no rooms left. Had I known that I wouldn't have booked the room there. I don't think I will be returning. Its a shame I really thought it would have been a better experience. Really disappointed.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the swimming pool was full of leaves and didnt look to clean so we didnt let our kids swim.

the rooms were really good, I liked the amount of room in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel has old dirty furniture that is stained and worn, carpeting is old, dirty, frayed, and full of stains. excessive room freshner used in the entire hotel. Not a 3 star hotel.

Close to the Maryvale baseball park for spring training games.

Extremely dirty , filthy carpet and windows . Pool missing tiles , dirty and not maintained . Maid service terrible !! Front desk staff very rude ! Paid 535$ for two nights to stay in an extremely dirty hotel . Very disappointing. Extreme stray cat problem . Stray cats all over pool area and parking lot .

Close to freeway

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty. Breakfast was cold. Pool was dirty. Beds do not get made until late evening. The treadmill was broken for one week. The door to the outside pool was jsmmed.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The breakfast area doesn't have enough seating. Food was good, breakfast staff helpful and courteous but there was no where to sit when we arrived.

The hair dryer didn't work, and was replaced within 15 minutes of our call. Very pleased. Room was spacious for two adults.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

we stayed 2 nights and our room was skipped for service. When we called and asked for service the cleaning lady told them we had denied service twice which was not true at all. When she knocked at 9:30am we asked if she could give us 30 minutes to finish getting ready for the day and would she please come back then. As were heading out for our day's activities we let her know we were leaving and our room was ready for service. She acknowledged our request yet when we returned at 4:30pm our room had not been serviced and she told the above mentioned story to her supervisor. We were given more towels and toiletries and were offered as room cleaning which we then declined as we just wanted a rest before our evenings activities.

They were able to accommodate our early check-in at no cost and were very friendly in accommodating our special requests.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The breakfast was the same breakfast meat the entire time and no actual person helping in the kitchen I now am burnt out on sausages 😕😢

I needed a little help with a tampon and was helped quickly and painlessly

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

When my partner and I woke up it was obvious somebody threw rocks at our windshield and left multiple stars and a crack. This was obviously done to the other cars in this lot also. Will not stay here again.

It was a clean hotel that had a very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is more for truck drivers or long haulers I feel. Do some upgrades on the rooms and ditch those powered eggs and you'll be 5 star all the way with me.

The guy who checked us in was Allen Hill. His attitude and demeanor is the reason I will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

MY mistake. I requested two queen beds. I should have requested two California Queen beds, or King Size beds.

Your staff was outstanding. The breakfast was excellent, good enough for royalty.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Mis-matched, fraying carpet replacement patch. Ancient and dirty carpeting throughout facility. Electric outlet by coffee-maker non-functioning. Bathroom floor dirty (debris like pubic hairs around edge of tub). Extremely low toilet making it difficult for an elderly person to use. Will NEVER recommend this facility to anyone. Felt I was in a sketchy part of town to add to the negative feelings I had about staying at this hotel.

Bed was comfortable. Heating/cooling unit was efficient and relatively quiet.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I'm a late riser and wish breakfast went until 10 AM instead of 9 AM.!

Quiet and peaceful! The bed was awesome! Staff was very accommodating extending my stay one more night so I could get the rest that I so desperately needed! Thank you so much for that!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

The breakfast was okay

The carpet could have been cleaned it had spots on the carpet and then I happened to have to move the chair but they didn't vacuum underneath the chair and behind the bed it could have been vac better and my husband kills spiders on the bed.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There were multiple issues with the more that became more noticeable in the morning. First, we noticed what looks like mold growing by the one side of the AC unit. That may have accounted for why both of us were having issues breathing during the night. My girlfriend noticed that on the inside of the shower curtain, it looked like someone shaved their body and left a bunch of the hair on the curtain. Housekeeping needs to do a better job of cleaning the room. Also the carpets weren't the best, they were sections that were cut out and replaced for unknown reasons which didn't look good.

We liked the fact the hotel provided a small refrigerator in the room at no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Stray cats all over property, rude staff, wifi difficulties, broken toilet fixed with rubber band, spoiled yogurt at the breakfast bar. Front desk person said since we were the only ones complaining about the wifi connection it must be the device. At check out when I told the gentleman about the broken toilet he just laughed and said you won't be charged for toilet repairs! I'll say the 2.5 hours of sleep I got for $100 was well worth it NOT REALLY!!! I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Wallpaper peeking in bathroom and cracked electric socket

Value was ok. However I should of checked booking before checking in as the rate could of been lower for us. Location ok since we went to concert at ak chin pav

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool pump/ filter was not working! Green water! The air conditioning is very loud and held up with duck tape . The carpet was ancient,dirty with holes! Both phones in the bedroom did not work!

Good location to attend a concert at Ak chin pavilion! The bed was comfortable. The hotel property looked nice from the front view,but after you passed the entry door,everything was in need of some remodeling,upgrading and fixing.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Only thing I didn't like was that the AC was broken in the room we got but the staff moved us to a different room with a working AC.

Everything was nice. Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

My room was in the first floor, the aisle could be lot cleaner

Good value for money, on our way to Los Angeles it is a good option in the west side of Phoenix to star driving early in the morning and avoid traffic on I10

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The hot tub was a greenish brown. Needs chemicals. Bath in gym room needs repair. Looks like drywall hung and then never finished. Doorways and elevators littered with leaves for more than 12 hours. Vacuuming began in morning around 9

The breakfast was great. Clean rooms and pool

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Very dark outside unpacking the car. I was a little unsure walking in the hall to the room because it looked a bit outdated. The bathroom sink backed up.

Very comfortable bed. Mostly pleased with the room.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The first room that they had initially put us in..the air conditioning did not work but they took care of it immedistely by moving us to another room when we requested it.

Breakfasts were excellent and rooms and bed very comfortable.

Main Street high traffic area

Very beautiful rooms

Dirty and smell bad

Staff is a nightmare

Hnice room awful, rude, disrespectful staff.

The pool stay open past 11.

Bed where to hard gave me my wife and my daughter a sore back

Convenient location for my needs this past week. Clean, quiet and hotel employees were friendly.

the pool was close

really liked the room, good service.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

electrical outlets in bathroom did not work. It took two full days to get it fixed just when we were leaving.

Kleenex in bathroom

• Queen Room - Disability Access

They were under remodelation and we have to used a side door the lobby was a mess.

I like the cleanes of the room

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Water shut off; mold around the bathtub handle; carpet not cleaned

convenience. great breakfast

Parking lot was kind of dark

This place was under construction.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Need more healthy choice breakfast

Was very clean

always

excellent

Everything was good fruit, Danish ,coffee overall excellent

I think the pool something I see like water i don't

I think breakfast that good and i like because everything to nearlike store restaurants😁😁

The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable. There were no sheets or pillows for it. I had to go and request some from the front desk.

Very clean

Close to freeway.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Somebody peed in the toilets and didn't flush

Easy location

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Easy off/ easy on to I-10 West of downtown.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was in the full sun with no shade.

friendly staff

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was hot. Management aware prior to my room assignment. My wife stayed at another hotel due to heat.

Nothing-Everything was Great

I have been in the Hotel Business for over 20 years and this was not a bad Property. I would recommend it.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was up to par.

Clean property at an awesome rate