Reviews of Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Monroeville 3 stars

3000 Mosside Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146, USA

#1 of 12 hotels in Monroeville

The staff is especially friendly and I liked having a...

The air conditioning is very dry and blows directly on you causing a cough.

The staff is especially friendly and I liked having a refrigerator and the breakfast as well as location to other amenities.

Customer service needs refining!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They had issues checking me in--said it was my card even though my card and account were fine. I asked for a receipt upon checkout and they said I would get it through Booking. That was not the case, because I had paid them directly. I called at least three times to get a receipt because I needed it for work. They kept claiming that they sent it. The staff seem nice, but none of them seem to know what they are doing. I've booked many rooms through Booking and other internet sites and I've NEVER had this many problems! Stay elsewhere if you need professionalism from the front desk staff. Also, our room was right by the elevator and extremely noisy all night!

Rude, lazy staff with no regard for exhausted travelers

we were refused a room after I registered for it weeks ago. arrived around 8 o'clock. saw other people entering and unloading. We were blocked out of a room and not told why. we had to go to another hotel after traveling for 9 hours from LAke Forest IL

nothing staff was lazy, slow, confused, lacking information and irratating

Well-disigned room that made our stay delightful.

The doors slam if you're not careful to grab them, which could really bother neighbors trying to sleep.

The room was fantastic with really great details: a tray that slid out of the nightstand so that electronics and books could all fit and right near that was a plug for USB devices as well as a regular outlet. There were outlets and USB charging ports in several spots. The beds were great. The bathroom was well designed.

Our room was large & very comfortable.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very poor internet connection. Disposable crockery & cutlery used .

Our room was large & very comfortable. The hotel is in a very convenient location for travel.

The staff where excallant from house keeping to maintanance! everyone was pleasant and accomidating

I would have liked to have a fan in the bathroom for smells and fog!

The breakfast was excellant! the Water with lemon and coffee aailable eound the clock was very nice!

There was candy, bottled water, wipes and a nice note from...

The ceiling paint was chipping in the room, this should be taken care of and the lighting could have been better/brighter.

There was candy, bottled water, wipes and a nice note from the woman attending to my room, that was a very nice unexpected touch from a hotel of this grade.

Very good for my needs

Ran out of oatmeal and wouldn't replace it. They were very busy that morning, I was told. Wouldn't you know how busy you may be with how crowded the hotel is?

Free breakfast, pool, staff was very friendly

Overall the stay was as expected. The staff was great, facilities clean, & location perfect for us.

Could hear several girls squealing from the room across the hall until after midnight.

Room was nice sized and clean. Breakfast was consistent with other complimentary hotel breakfasts and had abundant seating.

No fan in bathroom to clear foggy mirror

Comfy bed good price great breakfast choices, bottled water &fruit available at arrival. Quiet room. would stay here again

Excellent, felt like I was staying at a place who knew me personally.

The breakfast was great, and it was restful. Staff offered extra snack for my children for the trip on the road. They also located a book I had misplaced and did not know I had lost. They gave it to me before I left. I always stay here.

wrll kept property, friendly staff, the bed was ver comfortable, rooms not well insulated for noise.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I did not find the bed to be very comfortable. You could hear every noise in the hallway. Every door It sounded like every door was being slammed as it closed.

Very nice breakfast.

Nice
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

A somewhat noisy heating unit

The staff was helpful and friendly, i would like to thank all of them, from the reception to the cleaning staff. The facilities are good and well maintained.

Better than expected
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Ice machine broke and had to go up and down too find ice. Television reception went down during the ACC Championship game

The condition of the property was better than expected.

Overall our trip was awesome!!!

The security could have been a whole lot better he see my family you is fine, he seen my husband and he put his hand on his gun like we were criminals. (My husband is a Pastor) The mindset of people have to change. He was not friendly didn't smile just looked at us up and down. That is the only thing that made this experience uncomfortable.

Continental breakfast was amazing it was like if I was cooking kitchen. The hotel area was so relaxing the other guests were amazing.

Unfortunately I was given a room right next to the elevators...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately I was given a room right next to the elevators and facing the highway/busy road. I had to use earplugs because the cars/trucks were super noisy. Everything else about the hotel and my stay was great.

Great location, great staff, but also minor problems

On the first night of our stay, we had a plumbing problem that could not be addressed because only one front desk clerk was on duty. I wanted 15 minutes there before giving up and sending my husband down again. It wasn't her fault as she was helping another guest on the phone, but I think that she shouldn't have been there alone to deal with all the problems/issues of a hotel full of people. She did resolve the problem, though, by moving us to a different room. The only other thing was that much of the sidewalk was not swept/shovel/salted after a snowfall, and we had to take great care to get to the restaurant nearby. It was a safety issue that particularly endangered by husband, who walks with a cane.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the staff was most helpful and cheerful. Check out was quick and simple. Our room problem was dealt with creatively, which we appreciated very much. We loved that there was always fruit on the tables in the lounge/dining room tables and that there were always water bottles for guest use displayed a reception. Nice touch!

ok

breakfast good staff friendly tea coffee ice water available anytime

beds not comfortable booked for 5 (3 kids) only 2 queens had to find a drug store because the chlorine in the pool was so strong it hurt my grandkids skin

I would highly recommend this hotel

Too much clorine in the pool. It was burning the kids eyes. But they still had fun!!

The staff was really friendly i wasnt expecting to be treated so well.

Close to everything, comfortable

My son and 2 nieces all got a rash from the pool. Their eyes were burning for 2 hours after they got out

Nice breakfast selection...beds were very comfortable

The staff was out standing, friendly and they all went out...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was out standing, friendly and they all went out of their way to help. The breakfast was nicer than most breakfasts that are served. I will stay here again.

I honestly feel that your place is just so inviting, warm, delicious breakfasts.

We couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on that were between the beds. Found out we had no card to put into the door that would say: Do Not Disturb. *Why would a maid come on the morning of which we were going to leave in just a little over an hour from the time she walked into our room? Two of us were in the pool. Someone else was in the shower and heard the maid come in. Not good.

Warm & Inviting ! A hot coffee bar 24/7 ?!!? Beautiful lounge area for reading, to chat with friends, TV for morning news…..the breakfast ladies really know how to “bring it”! Fun, hot entrees, fresh fruit, etc. Plus the area was kept immaculate.

We always have a great stay at this hotel.

The shower head needed to be cleaned. It was either a trickle or pounding out of the nozzle. A short soak in some vinegar would work.

Our family loves staying at this hotel. The kids love the pool and they like making their own waffles in the morning and love the breakfast! The breakfast that is included is great! The beds are comfy and the staff is always awesome, especially with the kids. They always have rubber ducks and toys that they give the kids and are just very family friendly. They also pop popcorn in the lobby at night, which is another extra perk for the kids.

An extremely pleasant experience.

The staff couldn't have been nicer! The rooms were extremely clean and so was the pool area. The kids loved the pool and breakfast! We will stay there again when in the area!

The rooms were very clean, staff was welcoming, and the...

The wifi could have been better.

The rooms were very clean, staff was welcoming, and the breakfast spread was great! I also liked that they had a card in the room indicating the busiest times for breakfast which allowed us to avoid the rush.

Rooms were great!

everything was perfect!

Rooms were great! breakfast was great! beds and pillows were so comfortable! Quality resturants in walking distance was a bonus after a very long day! staff was top notch!

We liked it so much we stayed at 2 more Hampton Inns on our trip...Detroit and Utica, NY

The staff was friendly and accommodating. Loved the strawberry water and free bottled water. Breakfast was good. Location was excellent. Very clean. Only recommend would be the pillows on the bed. Had a hard time getting comfortable. Not everyone sleeps the same. Other recommend would it would be helpful for ladies to have a shower head with a cord. Other than that...everything excellent.

Very clean room - friendly staff - great location
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Shower did not work real well. Very difficult to enter the room - 12 - `13 tries on average with the entrance card

Real oatmeal! The bed was quite comfortable.

See above.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast quality definitely has declined... "Scrambled" eggs were like tasteless gelatin poured into a pan & steamed, sausage was gray, fruit was poor quality. Went to a restaurant (Eat'n park) for simalar/but much better breakfast the 2nd day! Ice machine on 1st flr. wasn't working (staff said "Oh, it worked yesterday). Fridge in room was wet inside & no longer have freezer compartment. No microwaves available to use.

Room size was good, bed was comfortable, staff was very nice.

Great location, friendly staff, faster checkin and checkout. Breakfast area needs expansion.

The breakfast area is small for the weekend crowd. It is difficult to get a table for a family and most of the time you may need to take more than one table which may not be next to each other.

Location and cleanliness

Great Value very friendly staff...

The fitness room was quite weak.

The stay was good we were travelling to Washington (from Toronto) and this was a good hotel on the way. The price was good and we were very pleased with the friendly staff and the quality of the hotel overall. Breakfast was also very nice so all in all great value.

We won't be back.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They rent out the pool to children's birthday parties. We could not enjoy the pool because of dozens of rambunctious kids with little supervision.

Room was clean when we arrived, but we had no maid service the next day.

We enjoyed our stay here .we will book in this hotel again if ever in the area again

I did not like that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. It made it too hard to dry off and stay dry . I also did not like that there was no floor mat beside tub to step out onto . This seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

I liked the pool area and fitness room.the staff was friendly . I absolutely loved that coffee was available in the lobby 24 hours.the breakfast was was very tasty with a wide variety of options .

Honestly not much!

I don't normally complain but it was not a good stay at all!

Honestly not much! Very disappointing. When in need of extra blankets we had to walk down to the front desk. The air conditioning was not working all the time which made for a very uncomfortable sleep with three children.

Spacious rooms..very clean. Great location
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I would like for the pool to be open at 6am rather than 8am...I like to get a early swim in before breakfast

The rooms were spacious and the food was great

Excellent customer service and staff.

The staff was amazing. The girl at the desk was super helpful after a long day of driving and went out of her way to greet my kids. The morning breakfast staff were outstanding. They were so nice, helping us know what was in the area and I've never had a better experience and we travel a lot. More places should have staff like this.

Cleanliness, location along my route, staff.

Wished there was a hot tub. Pool was very comfortable, though.

Cleanliness, location along my route, staff... just a really pleasant stay for the money. Breakfast had a good selection.

Good location but hotel is in need of refurbishment
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was a 20 minute wait to check in at 11PM. This hotel is sorely in need of refurbishment.

This property is very convenient to the highway. Rate is reasonable.

Easy check-in and check-out.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

The beds seemed to need an update. Not very comfortable. Eating area too small to accommodate the number of guests for breakfast. Parking hard to get. TV selection not good.

Easy check-in and check-out.

The Staff that we interacted with were exceptional.

The fridge in my room didn't work. Seemed like a lot of noise made it in to our room

The Staff that we interacted with were exceptional. Breakfast was convenient and very welcome.

The stay was nice for the price.

I booked online and chose to pay at hotel. I called prior to tell them not to charge me that I would be paying cash upon arrival. When I got to the hotel I was told I couldn't pay cash and had to use my card. I didn't have my card with me as I was traveling with cash. After I was persistant about paying cash I was allowed. I think there should be better communication about that when booking online. That is very misleading. I also think there should be a bigger selection of breakfast. But overall the stay was nice.

The rooms were nice and the staff was friendly and breakfast was good.

Over all it was a great stay.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel is located on the corner of a busy intersection. You can see it from the road but the signage is poor and makes it hard to find.

Better than most premade breakfasts. Beds were extremly comfortable. Staff was polite.

Lots to do in Monroeville, PA!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The showers weren't dirty, but could have used some updating.

The room was large, which was great since we were traveling with children. There are lots of businesses around the hotel, too, which made for fun!

Great bargain, comfortable lodging!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The gym could have been larger, the TV was a bit loud at breakfast (intrusive, made conversation difficult) and the oatmeal was runny.

The easy access to major thoroughfare and location of Outback Steakhouse.,as well as the gym and bountiful breakfast was terrific.

A great location to go shopping and to jump on the parkway to go into downtown.

Rooms are not as insulated as I would like. Could hear a dog barking, people above us running and street noise.

Kelly the housekeeper was pleasant, kind and very friendly. She made my sister and I feel very welcomed! Kudos to Kelly!!

Great Stay - Would Stay Again
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom sink in our room, room 408 was very sluggish, but I could live with that.

Upon arrival we checked in and when done registering the young desk manager shook my hand and said, "Thank you for staying with us." I was very impressed with that and the friendliness of all of the people there.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, complimentary fruit all day

Difficult signage. There is no light on the sign. We arrived after dark. It is a confusing intersection. Perhaps directions on the booking would help. It is necessary to follow Holiday Inn signs and then look for the Hampton Inn

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, complimentary fruit all day

Great place to stay

Convenience to the Penn Center (graduation) Easy access to turnpike Staff was awesome. Warm and friendly Beds were clean and so comfortable after a busy day.

Convenient comfort

This is regarding the comfort of the bed. The bed was great the blanket was too heavy. A lighter option would have made sleep much better.

Fruit selection was varied and fresh. Good variety of breakfast options from eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, pastries and more. Plenty of seating.

The Hampton Inns I was used to as an active business traveler a few years back, was exceptional.

The bathroom in our room. The waste basket had a poorly inserted bag in it with no opening created. HAD TO REACH INTO THE WASTE CAN, PULL OUT THE BAG AND REINSERT IT. (SORRY) the caps were inadvertent Also the water in the wash basin was not free flowing and a pain to get a suitable temperature. The bed had that combination blanket and cover over it which is too inflexible when attempting to sleep under it.

The breakfast was good, although amazingly crowded at 7:30 AM. An employee seating would be an excellent idea. We had to wait for two seat together.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Disappointed breakfast did not have good taste
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast, it was not very tasty , I had this egg and sausage nothing had very good taste , also the bed was very hard it made my back hurt bad not a good sleep

How clean everything is

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Front desk rep, Judy, was very accommodating after a mix-up...

Front desk rep, Judy, was very accommodating after a mix-up of orginally being informed that roll-away/cot was available but wasn't actually. We just added a 2nd room for the 3rd adult. (3 adults were traveling for work)

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Good Hampton, comfortable and quiet, reasonable breakfast...

Wifi was not that great

Good Hampton, comfortable and quiet, reasonable breakfast and convenient for transport. Outback steakhouse at the side of the property for dinner option.

Hampton Inn stay
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I would like a makeup mirror of some kind.

The room and hallway seemed to be newly refurbished. It was bright and cheery. The bed and pillows were comfy. The staff very friendly. The complimentary food and beverages were great. It was very peaceful , quiet and clean. Loved it!!

A wonderful time for all

Fitness room too small, no place to do floor work or stretch.

friendly, courteous staff. I enjoyed the personalized notes in the room from the room staff. Kitchen staff for breakfast were super helpful and patient.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Overall, I enjoyed my stay...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

There was a stain on the sheets of the bed. I noticed right away as I walked into the room. The room also had a musty smell. The staff did provide me with clean sheets & febreeze. The breakfast selection was just ok.

The staff were really nice & welcoming.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Clean, comfy & friendly

The first thing I always notice is the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I really like the 24 hour coffee station in the lobby that has several coffees, tea assortments and hot chocolate mix. The beds are very comfortable and there are different pillow types (soft, firm) to choose from. I no longer pack my own pillow so I can sleep. Nice buffet breakfast selection, too. Our teenage grandsons loved the pool and workout room. This hotel is always our first choice.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Fit our emergency needs very well
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Rooms facing turnpike are subject to the noise of traffic. Wish all hotels could develop a quieter lock mechanism for room doors.

Family funeral in Tarentum. Location was perfect. Travel distance from funeral home and church very close - a plus for night time driving and weather conditions.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Personalized hospitality right from reception to room...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

We had a short stay. The room was $$$.

Personalized hospitality right from reception to room attendants. They kept a note in the room which was hand written. Very nice feeling.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Excellent Hotel
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

The hot breakfast was yummy everyday! The hotel was very clean, rooms were spacious, and bed was super comfortable! All the staff were friendly & nice!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Too much noise immediately outside of room from Christmas decorating during the night.

Very clean and comfortable. Loved the pool,work out room! Fantastic that hot coffee, tea, fresh fruit always available.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Perfect

Great location for a steelers game coming from NJ. Quick 20 minutes to the center of Pittsburgh's market square. Great location for access to highways. Staff was helpful looking for local eateries.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Great location, staff, room and breakfast!

There were some unattended kids, at no fault of the hotel. They were outside of the exit door throwing bottles of water back and forth. I think there were four of them. When two of us were leaving, they continued to throw the bottles over top of one of our heads.Thank goodness no one was hurt.These same kids made the pool experience unpleasant.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The check in staff was great. We had on of the best free breakfast experiences.We were all pleasantly surprised. I was offered fresh out the oven biscuts and the had turkey sausage (this was a first). I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Very nice and clean

Parking was very bad- had to park in the rear of the building or far away in Outbacks parking lot. Also very difficult to get to from mosside blvd. entrance not very clearly marked

Convienently located for my purposes.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Staff very friendly;
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

We do not think that the handicap shower was set up correctly. As my husband showered, the shower head was aimed at the shower curtain and before he knew it, the bathroom floor was flooded and i used up all the towels to try to get the water down the drain. I did report it to the desk clerk and housekeeper.

Staff very friendly; room great; breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

I was a pleasure and I will stay again.

Everything was perfect

I was greeted with a smile by every employee with whom I came into contact. It started upon my arrival which was the start of my feeling very comfortable with my surroundings. It was a pleasurable stay and I will recommend your facility to my friends.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

I stayed here before and enjoyed the hotel, staff etc, plus...

I stayed here before and enjoyed the hotel, staff etc, plus it was conveniet for me coming from S.C. and getting off turnpike with hotel right there.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great location, great staff, comfortable rooms!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

The workout room was next to the pool and had no air conditioning. It was like a sauna. I was so hot that I felt a little faint.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in finding area attractions. We loved around the clock coffee, hot chocolate, bottles of H2O and a fruit bowl!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

GREAT LOCATION. FRIENDLY STAFF. GREAT BREAKFAST.

The only thing that we didn't like and it doesn't have anything to do with the actual hotel but getting into the area was confusing and not marked well. Plus we felt that the parking was limited.

We enjoyed the breakfast very much. The area was clean and very well stocked. I also thought that the staff was helpful and friendly. We definitely will stay there again/

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Reliable good value
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool is showing its age with a faulty grab bar and upkeep for cleanliness lagging other Hamptons.

Reliabliably friendly, comfortable, and convenient place to stay with good breakfast options.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great stay. Near plenty of food and shopping options.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was cold, shower seemed dated, and the full wall curtain was misleading. Thought I had a huge window.

Bed was like a cloud; eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, gravy, fruit, bagels, muffins for breakfast, and very clean throughout the entire hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Great hotel, very clean, comfortable, and welcoming.

The only issue we had was with the parking. Most evenings we did not return to the hotel till around 9 or 10pm, and it was very hard to find a parking spot near the hotel. Had to park farther away, in a darker part of the lot, which caused some safety concerns.

From the moment we walked in all of the staff were very friendly, made you feel welcomed, and ready to take care of any needs you may have. The breakfast selection was really good, something different as far as the eggs and meat selection each day. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Excellent choice
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Fastest check-in ever, very friendly service. Room was large and very comfortable. Breakfast was good and free wifi worked great. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Noisy location only drawback
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Hard to change the location but hotel location does pick up surrounding highway traffic, eating area could be larger as it was pretty tight after dinner at the bar area..

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Excellent place to stay.

Excellent place to stay. The room. Was clean. The pool was enjoyable for our young kids. My wife and I both used the fitness facikity. In the morning we enjoyed a delicious hot breakfast.