Reviews of Hampton Inn - Portland/Clackamas 3 stars

9040 South East Adams, Clackamas, OR 97015, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Clackamas

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Room was very small and cramped - barely enough room to get in one side of the bed. Window looked out on a wall 6 feet away and a large pipe. Bed sagged in the middle. Comforter was heavy and hot. Thermostat kept the room alternately too hot and too cool.

Breakfast was good and included fresh fruit

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Like new! New carpets, very clean room, comfy bed and lots of pillows to choose from. Breakfast was great with many choices (eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels, many juices... ).

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

This old property is not up to the normal fantastic level that I experience at all the other Hampton Inns. Lobby is cramped, rooms are small and look old, the bathrooms are tiny. Staff was great.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Room and bath are smaller than other Hampton Inns we have stayed at - still comfortable but a little cramped for three people.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare - not fancy but tasteful and filling. Actually liked location close to freeway - easy access to where we wanted to go and didn't notice any road noise.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

There were no drawers and closets immediately in site. I had to call the front desk to find out the small closet-like spaces were tucked behind the curtains. The rooms were very small. The drawers were wire baskets tucked into the TV cabinet. The bathroom was very small and couldn’t even accommodate toilet articles appropriately . I was told upgrades we’re going to occur and that the change in closet space and drawer access or part of a new corporate initiative . The noise from the construction the next morning forced my sister and I to seek another hotel. And since I booked the hotel space at the Hampton through booking.com I would not get any refund from my three day reservation . I am very dissatisfied and will not go back to the Hampton .

The breakfast offering was good.

wallpaper is peeling off the walls in bathroom, furniture is all scratched and beat-up, rooms could be cleaner...

breakfast is always awesome!! Staff is very nice and helpful, great location, nice bed great sheets...

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

They did not have my reservation from Booking.com. They said it was never sent to them and fortunately they still had a room available. not sure I want to book with Booking.com in the future as this was Christmas Eve and it could have ended badly.

breakfast was great!

The A/C was difficult to regulate. I was not able to achieve the temperature I prefer for sleeping. The quilt was much to heavy, and the only alternative was to use just the sheet. Fortunately I found a blanket that worked.

The bed was excellent, very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

They put us right where they were remodeling the room next door there was a lot of noise

The beds we're very comfortable and the breakfast was great. They had something new every day Waffles every day and biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs even though it sits right behind the Denny's in Clackamas

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The beds were rather hard in my opinion but they were comfortable enough for one night. The facility was under renovation but that didn't change the atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay.

The breakfast was nice. Made for a great start to the morning.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Bathroom mirrors and counter to small. Keeping plastic cups in bathroom no no.

Breakfast amazing eggs bacon and waffles perfect. The staff kept the breakfast stocked and very clean. The staff was amazing the room was very clean and comfortable. We would stay again. Good value. Thank you

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Sink didn’t drain well. Bed was not comfortable. Was more depressed on one side. Needed a chair to sit in other than the desk chair.

Food selection was excellent.

No true drawer space -- wire shelves that allowed small items to fall through; closet was so small (6" deep). Towel rods in bathroom above toilet. Ice bucket in bathroom on top shelf - short people couldn't reach without standing on the toilet. Poor design remodel of rooms. CEO's should stay in mock-up for a week before approving design.

Breakfast was varied and good. The staff was friendly & helpful. BUT...the hotel is being remodeled on the outside so parking away from construction could be a problem. AND...the rooms were remodeled a year ago & now only shelf space for clothes - closet was so small we could only hang 5 items. A problem for staying longer than 1 day - we stayed 5.

King room was incredibly small with a tiny bathroom with no counter space. In-room microwave didn't work.

Very clean room, comfortable bed, pleasant staff and decent breakfast options.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needs better sound proofing. Pillows too soft. Needs a choice of firmer pillows. Had trouble getting comfortable and sleeping.

Size of the room and cleanliness. Front desk staff very friendly and accommodating. Very easy to get to and from the airport.

Just some minor item. The chair for the desk was too low which made it difficult to reach the correct keys on my laptop. The door did not shut securely without being shoved.

The check in clerk was very helpful.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

It was terrible. Closet if that is what you call it. Non existence. Room so small you couldn't walk pass each other. If it wouldn't have cost us $500. We would of left.

Coffee

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The hotel was under construction so was kind of in upheaval. Small room. Right next to the freeway which is good or bad depending on your view. This was two days before the solar eclipse in town and the hotel industry was definitely taking advantage of that.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

It looked run down, however it was due to being part of a remodel. Not much space for the breakfast area

They were updating it. We were able to get a room quickly when it was a busy nite

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Closet was very small. Suggest adding a clothes tree if cannot make it bigger. Need an extra chair instead of one

Breakfast was excellent and personnel very helpful

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Call me for information. You put me in a bad financial issue during my stay and your team lied and were not supportive of my concern. Extremely disappointing.

No shampoo in my room. I asked the cleaning person for some when she cleaned the room and there was still no shampoo. I had to dress and go down to the desk to get some the next morning. Parking almost all full when I returned at night. I was worried about leaving my car.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Handicap room was on fourth floor with long walks to elevators and backdown a long hallway to the room. In case of emergency disabled can't use elevators or walk down staircase.

Rooms were nice.

Only parking available was elite and they wouldn't let us park there, we had to park in the Dennys parking lot. The room was so tiny I couldn't even do my hair and makeup in the bathroom, no sink space very inconvenient. The room had no closet just a curtain with a hook. So much about that room was just inexcusable. We will never book another Hampton Inn due to this experience

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and the hot breakfast was something we looked forward to. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Overall it was very impressive.

Ground floir window level with street Hard to find parking at night Room small with older style furniture but clean

Breakfast was good Room waz clean

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The view from my room was of freeway and a dumpster.

There was a power outage at the hotel on our last night that lasted for 5 hours. We talked to the front desk the next morning and as we booked through booking.com they could not refund us for the night but they were able to give us another night free, redeemable any time for a year. The staff were very accommodating and kind.

parking availability

This hotel was Awesome! Not only did we receive a FREE breakfast, every evening we were served a delicious hot supper per the manager!! The entire staff was accommodating and friendly. I will definitely stay here on our next trip to Portland. Lindsay Cowling, Albion IL

It's a rough neighbourhood. Every night we saw drunks stumbling on the street. 2 adult video stores within a block or two. I did not like the upcharge for better internet access.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

When I searching for a hotel for my family of 5, Hampton Inn said they could accommodate us with a 2-Queen room. I went ahead and booked, making a special request to have a roll away put in the room. When we got there and checked, I was told that roll aways were not allowed only cribs. How is it that when you request a room for 2 adults and 3 children, ages 12, 13 and 16, you get matched to a 2-Queen? The front desk person did not see a problem with putting my 3 kiddos in this room! When I did finally get through to him, we ended up renting an adjoining room. So moral of the story is that even though Hampton says they can accommodate 5 in a 2-Queen, it is only if that 5th person fits in a crib!

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I was really looking forward to going on this trip and being able to enjoy a Hampton in quality room and relax in the hot tub. The room was quite small compared to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. There was a hot tub advertised but when we arrived we found that it was under construction. I was highly disappointed. I would have stayed elsewhere had I known. I would have gone to a Hampton Inn in Portland, Tigard or around that area.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The insulation in the rooms was terrible which made sleep difficult; you could here the people above every time they walked across the floor and the neighbor's t.v. which wasn't overyly loud....there was construction going on in the hotel, so the hot tub was closed.

Great selection for breakfast! Recently remodeled, very nice...staff was friendly...

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Remodeling with new carpet emitting fumes.

Staff were terrific and helpful! The breakfast was good with diverse offerings and hot coffee in the lobby all the time. Bed and pillow choices were terrific.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything. We travel around d allot and really enjoy out stays here.

The breakfast is the best out of any hotel in the area. It shows that the staff really cares about appearance & it's customers. Mgr Germaine is awesome!!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Could have had a safe in the room, needed more drawers, TV reception needs to be upgraded.

Everything was very nice, I like the new look and cant wait to see the property once the remodel is completed. Good location, next to a Denny's, gas station and grocery store.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

They are in the middle of remodeling and the hallways were not as clean as I'm sure it would be normally.

The staff was very great. The breakfast was good and well staffed.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

My room shared a wall with the elevator. I heard notice of floor arrival bell most of the night. But I am a good sleeper and wasn't too disturbed by it

Staff we great. Room was Very clean.

Wasn't sure if parking was real secure, and room was clearly in middle of remodel. Not a big deal, bit would've been nice to been told that upon check in as opposed to finding out when in room. Price seemed a bit high, but it was a holiday weekend too.

Comfy beds, close to freeway. Very friendly staff, breakfast was decent. They are remodeling so was a bit messy at places, but should be great when finished. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Smallest room that I have ever had traveling. There wasn't even a closet or drawers to put clothes just a small cubby hole with curtain. Could not put two suitcases on luggage stand and have enough room to get around.

Staff and cleanliness were very good.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

There was NO CLOSET!!! I have never stayed anywhere where there was no closet.

The people were excellent - helpful, accommodating. Breakfast was good with lots of good, hot coffee and tasty food. And when there was a problem it was fixed ASAP.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The rooms were loud because of the location to freeway and single pained Windows. We could hear the people above us and the doors didn't shut properly. Also there was a musty smell in the hallways.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

The room was very small as was the bathroom. This facility did not live up to Hampton's standards. The breakfast was just fair and again not what you would expect. It definitely needs an upgrade. Also it was difficult to get to due to construction. The staff did not ask if we needed anything like a local map that would have been helpful in getting around.

All was good

House keeping was excellent. Valentina, the housekeeper did a great job and was very friendly and efficient.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Great location. Freeway, Clackamas mall and restaurant nearby.

Cleanliness Noise from traffic Noise from exhaust fans Renovations underway

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Rooms were small. Facility was under construction. No pool.

Location was perfect for an event at the nearby Armory.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The rooms were a tad small.

The customer service was great. The bed was very comfy. The location was great.

Only 1 washing machine and drier available

Staff were very helpful. Great amenities. Good breakfast options

It was under construction

Staff was friendly

The construction

Clean

A lot of noise due to renovations.

Good TV; excellent breakfast; clean.

Bathroom to small no counter space

It was under construction which I was unaware of. The parking and lighting outside where not acceptable in my opinion.

It was right off the exit.

TV reception was not good. Poor reception and did not get all channels Bathrooms are kind of small

Clean spacious room , beds very comfortable

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Outdated and very small room. It looked like a Motel 6 instead of a Hampton.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The rooms were very outdated and not what I would have expected from a Hampton Inn.

The staff was awesome.

No closests???

Construction going on Horrible coffee

The bed was comfortable

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

cold coffee each morning, bathroom counters very small.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The space in therooms were used efficiently. The in room coffee was pretty good as well

Under construction for the whole year. Short staffed.

The light and fan in the small bathroom blew a breaker the second night.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Under construction. Stayed at a Hampton the night before in a different town. This one was definitely a let down

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

A lot of freeway noise in the room.

Bathroom a little dark

Beds very comfortable

Room was quite small. Bathroom very small, very little counter space.

Breakfast was excellent - lots of choices. Furniture was comfortable.

Right next to freeway makes for a noisy stay.

Easy to find,right off of I-205

Not much space to put your toiletries on the sink countertop.

Great breakfast, SUPER CLEAN room, nice staff. Helpful people.

The lighting in the bathroom wasn't bright enough

Perfect

Right off the highway for quick in and out but not noisy. And close to my destination in the area.

I have no complaints.

The eggs were light and fluffy, The room was very comfortable, and I loved the bed.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Bed and pillows were really comfy and the rooms were clean.

Room and bathroom were small. Lighting in the bathroom was very dim.

Front desk guy was very friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door squeaked a little. Made getting up at night noisy.

Good breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A lot of construction going on. Not too noisy but a bit dirty. Overall not terrible

Hated the whole experience.