Reviews of Hampton Inn Princeton 3 stars

4385 US 1 South, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA

#4 of 17 hotels in Princeton

• King Room with Wall Bed

HOT WATER for a shower! Breakfast that accommodates vegetarians and those who cannot eat gluten or soy.

The Front Desk STAFF was amazing, notably Dean Yeboah and Catherine Dery. Dean greeted me warmly, kept eye contact, and remembered my name each time we spoke. He moved me from a room where someone had been smoking to another close by, even offering to help me move my bags. When I discovered that there was no hot water in the shower in room #2, Catherine moved me to a new room. The next morning, when I talked with her about the fact that the 3rd (and last) room did not have hot water in the shower either, she refunded the cost of my room. Both Dean and Catherine were very gracious. Dean's final words were very supportive of my job search; he is a true gentleman.

No complaints, other that it would be nice to enter the building closer to where the parking lot is rather than walking around to the front door.

The room was great. The breakfast selections were very good, and saves lots of time while travelling. Although a supper food service is included, we did not get to use it due to a late arrival. This also saves lots of time at night when one does not want to drive around in the evening looking for a place to eat.

My only complaint about the place is the location, which is such that it's difficult to walk anywhere.

The staff members (especially "Dean") went out of their way to make my stay the best it could possibly be--accommodating my requests for a quiet room on an upper floor and quarters to feed the parking meters. Dean deserves special commendation: He couldn't have been more professional, kind, and personable. It was also lovely to have complimentary wine and salad at dinnertime.

The room was very comfortable for us - we were a family of 3 travelling together. The 6am start for breakfast was great as we had an early start to our day on Saturday. There was a nice selection of breakfast offerings which we appreciated.

It was a bit of a drive off the highway in the dark.

Our room was bigger than expected,the bed was so comfortable. When we were leaving we were offered a brown paper bag with a bottle of water,an apple ,and other food stuff in it. The deer watched us put our luggage back in the car.

Our room unfortunately looked onto US1 - a busy road in Princeton.

The staff were very pleasant. The beds were very comfortable. The soft furnishings in the room were nicer than we have experienced previously in a Hampton Inn. We love the convenience of the complimentary breakfast at the hotel.

The access to the room was difficult being on the third floor in the middle, there was no easy parking or entrance.

The staff was great! Arriving late, it was especially nice they had complimentary dinner and breakfast with bonus food shop at the front. That made it convenient not to go out. The room was spacious and warm.

The room was spacious and very clean. The bed was wonderful! An excellent breakfast was served. We couldn't take advantage of the evening get together but it sounded great as well.

• King Room with Wall Bed

At first front desk was not friendly but later on came over & apologized for his behavior. To me that says alot about the staff at the Inn.

Friendly staff, comfort , free breakfast it's a array of dishes& cleanliness. Manager extremely accomadating.

We wanted to stay one more night but they didn't give us the same rate so we decided to go to an other hotel. That was a pity.

The room was clean and very big and the staff was awsome. We had the breakfast which was including and we were very happy about that even if the quality wasn't very high. Very good value for money.

The WiFi connections were kinda iffy. Sometimes I could get online and get my email and sometimes not. There was no place in the bathroom to place our toiletry kits, even though there was lots of room for a small table, some shelves, or such.

Front desk staff was excellent--helpful and efficient. Bed was comfortable. Room was large and nicely decorated. Very convenient to Princeton University

No shampoo because they ran out of it so instead of telling us this they just kep leaving us conditioner. We asked for a wake up call for 5:15 am but never got it. Resulted us in being late !!!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

Layout of the rooms was not very cozy.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially the manager of the kitchen for breakfast. I would definitely return the next time I visit Princeton.

Only complaint was pricing- but I think there was a surge due to Princeton Reunions.

Surprisingly good breakfast, especially for a breakfast that's included.

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable and room was near loud machinery of some sort. We left early and was assured there would be coffee when we left...there was none and the person on duty did not offer to make any🙁

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

My room was on the top floor, just beneath air-conditioning equipment that vibrated and hummed intermittently. Not enough to keep me awake, but mildly annoying. The desk clerk told me they are aware of the problem and it's being worked on. But, of course, not on a weekend.

Breakfast included in price. Large selection of items, good quality.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Curiously there's no closet.

Breakfast had hot and cold offerings and was quite generous. The mini fridge and microwave in the room was a definite plus since I was traveling with a teenager. Large room with work desk area and a sofa. Modern look and clean bathroom with separate sink area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel has frozen foods and snacks for purchase that you can heat up in microwave such as pizzas and hot pocket sandwiches. There's no room service.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fitness room equipment needs upgrade Fitness room TV did not work Breakfast needs improvement Coffee needs improvement

Location, ease of check-in & check-out

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

breakfast and dinner is using plastic and recycable material. I would have preferred real dishes

price was excellent and the team was very helpfull and kind. Good value for money and the complimentary meals were like home made food.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The location was not great just off a main highway so nothing within walking distance if one wanted to go or a coffee or get something to eat.

The bed was comfy and the room was clean. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The front desk staff were exceptional...very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary dinner buffet and even wine and beer were a nice surprise. Breakfast was plentiful. The room was immaculate. We had an excellent stay.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Everything about this hotel was spot on! Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good which is included in your stay. Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The room was clean and spacious. The staff very friendly and helpful. And at a very reasonable price. I only wish I was there during the week to try their complimentary dinners.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Not a thing

The front desk personnel was outstanding! The supper buffet was a wonderful surprise! Breakfast was top notch! Wish we could of stayed longer! We will be back

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Sounds from traffic if you have a room to the front of the hotel.

Really welcoming from the first day I came in. Bed was very comfortable and after a long flight and drive from New York, this was welcome. Room had the right temperature and I didn't have to adjust when I came in. Loved the hot apple cider in the evenings with doughnuts. Had to run to a session on sat and the food staff were able to help me stock a to go bag so I wouldn't be late. They were always friendly. Small mixup with arrival times was sorted by the time it took me to get my bags from the car with by the very welcoming front desk staff member. I would stay here again

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Room was very spacious and comfortable. Staff was friendly and efficient. Although we couldn't take advantage of it, complimentary breakfast and dinner with wine and beer was offered!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Noisy room due to location.It was on the first floor close to lobby and the windows faced Route 1 and could hear the traffic. Obtain a room that is not in the front of the hotel. I've stayed here before and the rooms located on the courtyard are fine.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• King Room with Wall Bed

I've got room just next to the lobby and it was extremely noisy in the evening and at breakfast time, so I've had to switch rooms. There is no restaurant, in case you don't want to eat the two-three dinner meals.

The beds are comfort, the rooms are big and clean. Complimentary breakfast and dinner during the week days. Hotel shuttle is also useful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

We were in a handicapped room, even though we are not handicapped but it was fine, I would say the only thing is, it was quite dark and you needed the lights on, even during the day?

Staff were really helpful and friendly, especially Melvin, who drove us and picked us up from the town. Room was a little dated but clean and breakfast was good and plentiful! Complimentary dinner Mon-Thurs was a nice surprise and would def stay here again!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The room was clean and fresh. Love that it has a refrigerator and micro wave. Breakfast was great lots to choose from. We have already booked our Thanssgiving stay here.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Food could have been warmer and omeletts would have been much better if they used real cheese!

Room set up was very nice and staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Very close to Route 1. Heard noise from traffic all night. Also very loud fan on A/C which woke me up repeatedly as it shut off and turned back on.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Room was very clean, linens spotless, staff delightful. After a 4 day stay in a disgusting Manhattan hotel, the Hampton was an oasis. Keep up the good work.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• King Room with Wall Bed

Mattresses! Windows were so dirty on the inside of the room!

I did not know that they made mattresses with old fashion springs! They were sticking out of the coach mattress and the rollaway! Ugh! My son had to sleep on the floor!

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough staff, elevator didn’t work shortly after we arrived.

The free breakfast.

rates are a bit on the high side, for tourist versus business

All good

Allowed us late check out

• King Room with Wall Bed

The fitness room was small with only two treadmills.

Breakfast was good, however not a lot of variety. Room was perfect. Staff was great.

• King Room with Wall Bed

Heater/air conditioner which is noisy as it cycles on and off. Lighting poor.

The people. The bed.

• King Room with Wall Bed

Non smoking room smelled like stale smoke. We could hear the people in the adjacent room, clearly, every word!

breakfast included, friendly staff

• King Room with Wall Bed

No hot water in the morning for a shower

Breakfast buffet was good and varied

Breakfast.

Wall bed, hospitality, complimentary dinner.

Be prepared for extreme Taxi prices in this area, plus they all want cash. $5/mile

The staff was excellent

Everything was good

Great Breakfast

The mattress was not comfortable. It needs to be replaced.

It was a good location, clean place, very helpful staff.

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast is very good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are a good size and very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

comfort of beds

Good breakfast

• King Room with Wall Bed

The staff was wonderful and the breakfast was very good. They also had snacks (apples, cookies and lemonade) throughout the day.

• King Room with Wall Bed

Good price, works fine with car, friendly personnel

The staff at the Hampton Inn were SO nice and helpful. The hotel even provided free dinner besides the free breakfast. Loved this hotel!

There was no way to close the drapes except with pins.

Opportunity for complimentary dinner

• Queen Accessible Room - Non-Smoking

Noise from HVAC was very loud

Bath room was small

Clean rooms bath room very polite and helpful stafff

Staff were wonderful - extremely helpful

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

No comments

Clineness

Window didn't open

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The place was spotless and the staff never stopped smiling.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

I need to take uber to arrive the hotel

The bed is super big!

Cheesy Bagels for breakfast

I couldn't stay longer!

Great staff and great hotel!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Ice machine on my floor didn't work--small complaint though!!

Breakfast was wonderful; dinners Mon-Thurs great as well; an unexpected treat.

eggs were not good. too chunky

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Room and staff were very good.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Bed was a bit soft

All worked out well.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

location a bit tricky

comfortable bed nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nice friendly staff, especially over Breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Room was roomy. Food varied from day to day and was well presented. Evening food, although we didn't partake. Nice staff.Best

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

There was no exterior lighting on building, parking lot, not even the sign. Extreamly hard to find.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Couldn't fault a thing

Gorgeous huge bed ! Complimentary tea coffee and dinner on the night we stayed

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The 'omelette's had no flavor. Otherwise, the breakfast was good.

The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. a/c was a bit noisy.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Room air conditioners are much too noisy. Kept us awake most of the night.

Comfortable bed!