Reviews of Hampton Inn Rochester 3 stars

1755 South Broadway, Rochester, MN 55904, USA

#21 of 47 hotels in Rochester

It was fine

Absolutely the worst pool we've ever been in. Surface of the pool from the walls to the bottom is so rough!!!! One son scraped his shoulder, another had a huge cut on his big toe, and I scraped my knee, all to the point of drawing blood. Thankfully the front desk stocks plenty of bandages.

Breakfast was good

Probably won't stay at this facility again.

Bed was uncomfortable. Floor wasn't the cleanest. Bare Feet picked up grit. Air conditioning was pretty noisy for a room priced the way it is. If a person wanted to put up with a noisy air conditioning unit and uncomfortable beds, can do it else where for a lot less price. Never have had these issues in Hamptons that we have stayed in the past.

Breakfast was great

Very Comfortable.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Found out they have a Mayo Clinic rate that was cheaper than Booking.com and will Book Directly next time.

From the desk clerks to the Breakfast Servers to the shuttle driver, EVERYONE was so Friendly and Helpful... made our stay so much more relaxing. Breakfast had hot options each morning, coffee available all the time, as well as ice water & fruit. Weekdays they offer soup & fresh bread... Delicious Mr Pizza just a short walk from hotel... Very Clean & Comfy rooms.

overy all good

You had a verylarge group of high school players for breakfast,,, 615 am there was no eggs, rolls or sausage .. It was not replentished,,, Went out for breakfast.

Very clean.

Great staff, clean room, very convenient, highly recommend to anyone visiting Mayo!

I didn't check the actual hotel website, so upon arriving at the hotel we saw the outside was under construction - I was nervous at first, but the inside was perfectly in tact, they were just doing some outdoor renovations.

The continental breakfast was great and the shuttle back and forth to Mayo every 30 minutes was very convenient! We enjoyed chilling in the hot tub, a nice little place to relax after two very long days at the hospital.

Didn’t know that there was construction on the building...

Didn’t know that there was construction on the building before booking. Also, the whole place was very dark and my room felt like a closet they threw a bed in.

Love the accomadations & staff.

They go above and beyond to accommodate those who are Mayo Clinic patients from the bus rides to snack bags if you are expecting a long day at the Mayo. They offer a great breakfast bar in the mornings and tasty soup in the evenings. Conviently located across the street from Flapdoodlea. We love this place.

Stressful visit at mayo turned out well.then more stress over payment.

Need better soundproofing between floors. Sounded like we had a herd of elephants above us. Room 228. They got payment information screwed up. Drained pool on day we were going to use it.

Friendliness of staff.

Great place to rest and sleep, super easy to get to and park, skip the breakfast for better options.

The breakfast wasn't particularly impressive. The bacon was super thin and soggy, similar to microwave bacon. The egg patty things were dry and flavorless and the french toast was cold. The tables and food trays were a bit dirty too.

Clean, quiet rooms with comfy beds and pillows. Plenty of towels and comfortable accommodations.

Excellent, we stay there every time we have to go out to Mayo Clinic, our first choice.

The lobby/breakfast table area could be a little bigger. There are a lot of people that stay there that are going to Mayo Clinic that day and everyone is trying to get in the breakfast area before they leave and it's a tight squeeze to get thru that room with all the chairs being used.

Breakfast was excellent, shuttle to Mayo Clinic was very accommodating, and being greeted with a warm bowl of soup when we checked in after an eight hour drive to get there was perfect, we didn't have to get back in the car to go look for something to eat before we went to bed. Very Nice.!!!

The hotel is conveniently located and has a reasonable rate.

The bathroom wasn't very clean. I found hairs in the tub and on the toilet. The bedspread was dirty on one of the beds and the walls needed cleaned and/or painted, covered in dirty hand prints.

The location is close to the downtown & Mayo. The hotel also offers a shuttle to and from the hospital.

Convenient location, clean room, comfy bed

I ordered a king bed when I made the reservation 6 months ago, and when we got there, the gal behind the desk said there was only queen beds available. My husband is very tall. I pressed her about this, and then all of a sudden the king bed was available. I felt like she was trying to pull something over on us. Breakfast was better than expected. So was the location from the highway.

The bed was very comfy and our room was clean, but small. Ok for our needs.

It was ok, but probably wouldn't stay there again.

To get decent internet (I mean just uploading a couple of photos) you have to join their Hilton program or pay $5 extra. Not acceptable for travelers. No fan in the bathroom and the pocket door to the bathroom was difficult to close and open. It also didn't close enough for privacy as there was a large gap between door and wall. Also, can't open the door when bathroom door is open. My comforter looked stained at the top.

Breakfast was good, it was pretty quiet during our stay, front desk staff were friendly and liked the shuttle to and from downtown.

Super friendly staff, clean
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room set up - room door hits bathroom door - which is a sliding door - super small bathroom Does not honor hotel club points when using booking.com for reservation

Super friendly staff, clean

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Was an excellent stay and will definitely pass the word and stay there again.

Can't think of anything I would want different.

Breakfast was excellent and the soup the night before was a very nice surprise. Loved the room and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. Shuttle to Mayo was great and everything was very easy to use and super clean.

Comfortable and clean room for a good price.

Room was a bit small but OK. There was a strong smell of chlorine from the pool even on the 2nd floor hallway and in our room. Being sensitive to chlorine, we did not use the pool because of this.

Comfortable bed. Nice TV and lounge chair.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Frustrating
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was incompetent. Check out is noon. We had housekeeping knocking at 9:45 and because we didn't answer right away they walked into the room. I booked for one night and then added two more when I checked in. I asked if I could cancel the third night if we ended up not needing it. They said that was done as long as I let them know by a certain time. I called to do that and the person I talked to acted like she didn't know what I was talking about and told me that they were going to still charge me. Then she got a manager who told me they couldn't change the booking because I booked on booking.com. they could add the dates, why wouldn't they be able to remove them?! It finally got straightened out but I will never stay at THIS location again. Which makes me sad because I really like the Hampton Inns.

Room was clean. Nice to have an exercise room on site. Breakfast was good.

Long remember this short stay- Rochester So.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My husband loved the soft bed. We both would have liked firmer pillows. The hot tub was being repaired. Would have loved to use it.

The breakfast wasn't the same both mornings, and there was a great variety for meat eaters and vegetarians. The eggs were cooked well. We did not see much for vegans though. Extra clean place; ambient temperatures. Melissa is a joy! All the staff- repair techs, housekeeping, cooks, that we passed in the hallway or front counter were very friendly and helpful. Very clean property and facility. I was impressed with what we saw for $99 nightly special.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Don't judge by the cover! Great hotel on a busy street

The only thing that was tough was there was a sporting event that was in town and a lot of doors slamming but that wasn't the hotels fault ! Hotel staff and room was great !

It was very clean ! Staff friendly and breakfast was warm and fresh

Facility as expected but the service very disappointing
    • Queen Room - Disability Access with Roll-in Shower

Hot tub not in service & was mislead by booking.com. Causing me me to band this service from our entire outside sales staff

Staff was great, obviously booking.com has zero relationship with this facility

Facility was as described but service was pathetic
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bookings.com's relationship with the facility was not only sad but borderline pathetic, therefore none of our sales staff will be permitted to use this service.

Booking.com claims you pay when you arrive & sadly that's not the case. In fact the facility told us they couldn't change payment information. For that reason me, my family nor any of our outside sales staff will ever be allowed to use this service.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

I love the location.

The website makes the rooms look bigger than they are. I was disappointed on how small the room actually was for the four of us. Will stay elsewhere next time.

I love the location.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

I'd stay here again

I should have gotten a room on an upper level to avoid hearing the child walking around the floor above me.

Room was clean and modern and very nice. Breakfast had many choices, tasted good and nice area for eating. The coffee was great.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Was a good stay but I was at the the front desk a lady said...

See above

Was a good stay but I was at the the front desk a lady said she was in asstanc mgr was really rude to a custermer if she talked to others she would not be working with the public

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Staff at Hampton really like each other

I don't know

I was in awe of breakfast. Wow. I like my coffee and was so happy with the sturdy cups with holders. I was impressed down to the clean grout in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The room was neat and clean.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom floor was very cold. Not fun getting out of shower.

The room was neat and clean. Breakfast was great. Shuttle to clinic great, no worries of parking.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice Hotel

The view was kinda lame and the door wasn't very soundproof.

The room was very clean and modern. The free breakfast was great and the pool was open 24 hours!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

A Good and Economical Stay

The early limo driver wanted to talk politics and I wasn't interested in his 4th grade understanding of government. We are under a great deal of stress when at Mayo. Did not need this character bothering us with his views.

Overall a very good place to stay while at Mayo Clinic.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The staff was smiley and helpful.

The shower was leaking and poorly designed- water all over the floor - defective drainage. The room was accessible - #128. The breakfast lady was very helpful and cheerful.

The staff was smiley and helpful. We were going to Mayo and the staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Loved that we had Gluten Free breakfast choices, a first for...

I had asked for a cot or roll away and they didn't know about it, luckily we could fit one in the room we were given!!!

Loved that we had Gluten Free breakfast choices, a first for us, there were 3 of us!!!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The staff, the room, the buffet breakfast, and soup supper...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The whirlpool/hot tub was very dirty! It was super foamy and on top of the foam was floating dirt. AWFUL! Also, the swimming pool was cold. Not just that it felt chilly, which would have been fine, it was cold.

The staff, the room, the buffet breakfast, and soup supper were fabulous. The area to sit and enjoy all those things was also above par by far. Our room was clean and well equipped!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

It was a great experience.

Construction out front.

The staff was very sweet and helpful. The rooms were very nice, the pool was fun and the large room for meals was nice. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

When in town, this will be where I stay

Only thing I would have liked was a microwave in the room but there was one available in the lobby.

The room looked brand new. The bed super comfy. Location was perfect

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

we will stay here again!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Best hot tub. Snack bag available to take along to the clinic to eat after blood work. Shuttle service. Nice breakfast and fresh fruit. Soup in the evening. Nice linens and toiletries.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The entire experience was better than expected, I thought...

The entire experience was better than expected, I thought with last minute arrangements I would have to accept lesser quality. Not the case, very pleased

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Very nice hotel - close to Mayo.

The strange bathroom door was confusing and blocked access into the room if it was open.

We were tired from the trip and knew we should eat something, but we weren't overly hungry. When we arrived, we discovered that they were having Soup Therapy! They have this Sun-Thurs. So we basically had a free dinner, which was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Great place to stay

Nothing comes to mind.

*exceptional continental breakfast *24 hour pool *clean, comfortable rooms *free shuttle to the Mayo every half hour *friendly, accommodating staff

pleasant - made medical reasons for stay a little easier.

no problems

friendly-helpful staff Clean friendly Appreciated shuttle service to Mayo Thank you

Hate the sliding bathroom door.

Hate the sliding bathroom door. Lacks complete privacy

really nice place even the kids said it was the nicest hotel...

redoing the parking lot but hey it has to be done so not a big deal

really nice place even the kids said it was the nicest hotel they have stayed at.

Won't stay here again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They were testing up the parking lot for our entire stay and towed our car without telling us.

The bed and pillows.

It's a good day for a good day! Thanks for making our stay great :-)

The breakfast is fantastic! Coffee is fresh and water refreshing after a long day at Mayo.

Nice hotel& value priced

The sliding door to the bathroom

The room was nice, but I booked a double queen room & got 1 king bed!

Ok

Hard to move around,to much furniture.could not open room door if bathroom door was open.

Beds and bath.

i would look for other hotels before going back

the room was small. no table and chairs.

the bed was very comfortable and the comforters are awesome

Friendly staff, shuttle to Mayo, soup every night

Friendly staff, shuttle to Mayo, soup every night

Convenient and clean hotel with very easy shuttle service to Mayo.

Rooms were very clean but the redesigned rooms ( closets ) are odd.

Shuttle service to Mayo Clinic was wonderful and breakfast was so convenient

We wouldn't stay here again but we love Hampton Inn

Construction

Beds

E. Jahn

Too much chlorine in pool, a little expensive for 1 night

Great breakfast, helpful staff

Shttle service, Soup in the evening was complimentary.

Shttle service, Soup in the evening was complimentary. Free breakfast which was quite good.

WE ENJOYED THE STAY AND WOULD STAY AT THE HAMPTON AGAIN

WOULD HAVE LIKED A BIGGER "CLOSET" !!!

IT WAS VERY QUIET FOR BEING FULL. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS GREAT AND BEDS WERE COMFORTABLE.

Marvelous

Comfy beds, clean and nice layout to the room, great amenities, awesome breakfast, friendly staff.

Great value, great breakfast.

Great value, great breakfast.

Very good breakfast.

Lobby was very cold. Bathtub did not drain well.

Very good breakfast. Cheerful, helpful staff

Very low water pressure in shower

Very low water pressure in shower

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The staff, amenities and property were all great!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff, amenities and property were all great!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Good Breakfast that changed Daily.

Good Breakfast that changed Daily.

I would stay again

The pool area was poor sized and the water was salty also the rooms were terribly small

Loved the beds and the cleanliness of the hotel

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Shuttle service to Mayo clinic was great

Rooms were very small

Shuttle service to Mayo clinic was great

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Sliding door in bathroom = no privacy. Closet part of the window. Small, small room. Not a happy camper, won't go back.

Clean, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Easy to find.

I don't think there was anything we didn't like about your place. Thanks

Easy to find.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Clean, comfortable bed, shuttle drivers very helpful, and...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean, comfortable bed, shuttle drivers very helpful, and on time. Convenient to MayoClinic, could walk to a couple resturants

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Slow wifi

Slow wifi

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

the soup from 6-7 was great after a tiring day at the Mayo...

the soup from 6-7 was great after a tiring day at the Mayo Clinic! The staff was very friendly and the bus driver great!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Mayo clinic visit

Na

The staff

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Liked the coach
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Need fresh eggs instead of frozen eggs

Liked the coach

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Breakfast was great.

Air was not on in our room when we arrived. Therefore our room and linens were damp.

Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Great if you are little people.

Room bug enough for one bed not two.sliding door always in the way. We always stay hampton and have beber seen one like this.

Good lounge pool

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

You can't find better at this price. South Hampton Inn is so clean and modern and upbeat in it decor

WiFi pretty much sucks.

The staff worked really hard to meet our needs. Very happy crew.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

They accommodated my three sons and myself.

They close the breakfast buffet as scheduled. For a Holiday (Memorial Day) they could have left it open a little longer.

They accommodated my three sons and myself. They gave great advise for evening dining.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2015

The staff was exceptional!

Our last night there we had to call the front desk about some young kids running up and down the halls and shouting. It went on until after midnight and it was our first night back with my patient/daughter and she was exhausted from surgery. That was a tough night. The front desk tried, but the kids just kept on making noise & being disrespectful.

The staff was exceptional! The shuttle to/from the Mayo Clinic was helpful & wonderful! Even the shuttle drivers were exceptional!! One of the women at your desk even offered me Kleenex and counseling after a particularly difficult day. They were truly amazing!!! Breakfast was exceptional as well ~ SUCH good food. And so much food! Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

the staff went out of their way to accommodate their quests...

My only area of concern was their breakfast eggs and meat wee at best only luke warm.

the staff went out of their way to accommodate their quests who were here for care at the mayo clinic.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Great cook

If we would have known that the place was under construction we would not have stayed there..

Great cook

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Soup Therapy

Soup Therapy

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and an excellent...

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and an excellent breakfast.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.